: Electrical guys, I need your help.

pimpin88
11-25-06, 07:20 PM
So I decided to tackle the project of putting a remote start/keyless entry system on my 92 Roadmaster. :crybaby: Not a good idea.

The alarm is a code alarm system. This is the one I bought right here
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130047809753&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fse arch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D130047809753%26f vi%3D1

In the instructions it says "Connect the 6/B wire to the key side of the vehicles starter wire" and the next step is to connect the 8/B wire to the starter wire (only registers voltage when key is turned to start)

How do I know which wire is the starter wire BEFORE the key. I found the one after the key.

I had everything hooked up and I thought I had found the wires, but when I plugged the system in, the starter just kept cranking after the engine was started until I pulled the plug. So I obviously wasnt on the right wire.

Also, I keep blowing fuses in the keyless entry module when I try to lock or unlock the car. What would cause that?

Thanks guys,

Andrew

Stoneage_Caddy
11-25-06, 07:45 PM
doent the system have a wire that runs to the oil pressure sender or something ? remote starters will turn the starter off once they know the engine is running , normally via a crank signal or oil pressure signal , or fuel pump signal ....

id see what connection is made to tell the unit the engine is running

as for blowing fuses...ill have to think about it

pimpin88
11-25-06, 07:50 PM
Actually, I forgot to say that the starter started cranking as soon as the plug touched the contacts on the module. I didnt push any buttons, just as soon as it made contact, it started cranking.

I still dont know where that starter wire before the key is though, or what to check to verify it. I've been looking at my FSM and the instructions from code alarm, and i am totally confused.

The lock thing doesnt make sense. It is very simple. One wire to lock, one to unlock. So I dont understand what would make those fuses blow.

pimpin88
11-25-06, 07:54 PM
Yay Impy forum.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by chevmdnss:
In your car the starter wire is a large PURPLE. You will cut that wire, and the side that goes to the key switch will get connected to 6/B. The other side will connect to 8/B

As far as locks, they may be connected backwards, or you are trying to use the WRONG polarity.

Locks on our cars use 12 volt to actuate. Most alarms are set to do ground. CHeck your manual.
--------------------------------

I'm still confused about those locks though.

Stoneage_Caddy
11-25-06, 08:11 PM
what he is saying there is the locks are always "hot" and when you push lock they are given a ground ...your system prolly supplys power to activate the locks ...

try swapping those 2 lock wires and see what happens

pimpin88
11-25-06, 08:25 PM
Does this agree with what you are saying. I checked the voltage on the wires that I have connected to the module. The wire in the car that is connected to the lock wire on the keyless module reads 12 volts when I push the lock button. And the wire in the car that I have connected to the unlock wire on the keyless module reads 12 volts when I push the unlock button. That should be right, correct?

Also, I have the polarity as being positive. Do you know if that is right?

Stoneage_Caddy
11-25-06, 08:41 PM
may not be for your application , swap em and see what happens ...

pimpin88
11-25-06, 08:43 PM
Goin to get more fuses. I'll get a full report when I return.

pimpin88
11-25-06, 09:55 PM
So, nothing happens when I try to start the car with the remote, the module just clicks away at me. I tried changing the polarity for the locks, but when it is negative, it does nothing, (makes clicking noises), and when it is positive, it still makes clicking noises, but blows the fuse. I am completely lost on this one.

Help me out guys.

pimpin88
11-25-06, 10:05 PM
I have a bad feeling Im going to catch something on fire. I just dont understand what is wrong. Ive checked the wire a million times.

Could the module itself be f***ed up?

Stoneage_Caddy
11-25-06, 10:14 PM
anything possible ....

tell me , they basicly want a 12v supply to the module , and then the modeule feeds a 12v signal to the starter signal wire when the remote is pressed right ?
there is also prolly a wire for ignition "on" to give voltage to keep the engine going
what other connections are there? what are they useing to tell the module the engine is running ?
doesnt your car have the chip in the ignition key ?

pimpin88
11-26-06, 08:44 AM
There is a tach wire, which I'm pretty sure that's how it reads the engine is running. No chip in my key. As far as I know. 92 roadie.

It seems like it should be pretty simple. But all I get is clicks from the module.
I'll type up all the connections for the ignition when I get back in about 2 hours.

Thanks man.

pimpin88
11-26-06, 11:14 AM
Alright, here is the setup.

Connect:

1/B to parking light output
2/B to the vehicle lock wire
14/B to the vehicle unlock wire
4/B to main power at the ignition switch
5/B to a chassis ground
6/B to key side of starter wire
8/B to starter side of starter wire
7/B to ignition 1 output
16/B to trunk release
17/B,18/B emergency overide button
19/B hood safety input pin/switch
21/B to the anti theft disarm wire if equipped (isnt)
22/B,23/B - status indicator LED
24/B to the door trigger wire

4/C HVAC to the vehicle heater wire at ignition switch
2/C to a main power wire other than 4/B
3/C ignition output 2 if the vehicle requires a second connection to run properly during remote start
7/C to the vehicle brake light
8/C to the neutral safety switch
9/C to the wire at negative side of the vehicle ignition
10/C (allows you to add-on relays)

dp102288
11-26-06, 12:26 PM
This sounds confusing.

I am going to find a not as useful thread...:leaving:

pimpin88
11-26-06, 02:13 PM
Got the locks working! :-) But I still cant pop the trunk or start the car. Dont know what it would be. Everything matches up with what I have found online.

pimpin88
11-26-06, 06:02 PM
ARGGG, stupid me. The clicking, after reading the manual, I found out was the module telling me that it wasnt programmed to start the car with the remote. So I did have everything hooked up correctly.

The problem now is that the module wont let me program it, and I dont know why. I did what the book told me to do, but it didnt work.

Stoneage_Caddy
11-26-06, 09:39 PM
hmm .....no reset button on the module ?