: Admiration at the gas station

Jesda
11-24-06, 11:53 PM
On Wednesday evening after class I pulled in to a gas station and saw a black Jaguar XJ with chrome wire wheels filling up next to me. It was a pre-X300, 1993, in stunning condition. The windows were limo tinted as well. I wish I had my camera with me; the body was absolutely spotless and pefect.

http://www.autonews.com.ua/images/modelspics/39/1993/2.jpg

I approached the guy and asked him how he liked it and if it was reliable. He said he hadn't had any problems and recently enjoyed a road trip to and from Florida. He then revealed that it only had 14,000 miles. WOW! He said he purchased it from an older gentleman who didn't drive it much.

We chatted a bit more, going back and forth about my Q and his Jag, then he opened the door and excitedly invited me to sit in the driver's seat. His wife and kids were in the car, so they were a bit weirded out, but I got a sweet whiff of a like-new Jaguar interior. The wood and black leather were rich, deep, and factory-fresh. The fit was snug but in a good way. I felt a sense of space but the dimensions were just enough to make a large car feel smaller and sportier.

We exchanged a few more words of mutual admiration, then we shook hands and I departed. Good times. I love great cars.

dp102288
11-25-06, 07:17 AM
He let you in his car while his family was in there? He must have never seen you on this board! :p

Cool though, at least he was willing to talk about the car. Not stuck up and snubbed you off. :thumbsup:

RobertCTS
11-25-06, 08:18 AM
I wouldn't let Jesda in my car either!:eek:

codewize
11-25-06, 09:18 AM
That is cool I love to meet people like that and have good car conversation. Makes my day.

JRau
11-25-06, 09:31 AM
Nice Jaguar! I, too, like to talk with others about their cars like you got to do. Most people love to talk about their cars if you are passing out compliments to them.

JRau in central Iowa

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-25-06, 10:39 AM
I love it when you can have a good conversation with a stranger involving anything really, especially cars.

I was visiting my aunt and uncle the other night, and my uncle and I went for a drive in his brand new Mini Cooper. We get to the local Starbucks and there is a lady sitting outside with her dog and she says "Is that one of those new Mini Coopers?" I said yeah and she says "boy those are a cute car!"

I wish my Cadillac would get those sort of comments.

gary88
11-25-06, 11:09 AM
I remember when I was a sophomore I was at a golf course with my friend walking through the parking lot, and I see a guy loading his clubs into a yellow C5 Corvette. I say "Nice car!" and he says "Thanks. You have your liscence?" I say "No, I will in 4 months". The next words that came out of his mouth made me so angry I wasn't born in August because he said "Oh, I would have let you take it for a quick spin". :eek:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-25-06, 11:18 AM
At the Taco Bell near me, there is a guy working there that offers to buy my car every time I go thru. Maybe I should just sell it to him...

fast66
11-25-06, 11:42 AM
All I can say is thank god it wasnt brooke burke's jag with her family inside.

Cause that would have been really weird if you jumped in naked with your "balls on the leather". LOL

CadillacSTS42005
11-25-06, 11:49 AM
so how about one of my jobs is at Dennys
i cook dish and host where ever i can get more hours
well there was a manager meeting which all the managers in our district met up at our store. One of them was lookin out the window and my car was right outside it, he was stareing and commented on it to one of my store managers named scott. Scott then told the guy, "wanna meet the owner?" the guy said sure, scott told him to go to the dish room and say hi to the guy on the machine. Scott told me all about it and how the guys jaw dropped, i got a kick outta that

CadillacGurl
11-25-06, 12:42 PM
I remember driving with Jason one day and how we found the CTS-V with the infamous "MILF" license plate (many of you might remember the picture I took before I was on the CF) well its amazing how nice people can be about their cars. This gentlemen in the CTS-V talked to us about his "Baby" and said something along the lines of "anyone owning a caddy is a brother to me." I was surprised he didn't yell at us for stalking him down the road haha.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-25-06, 12:52 PM
There is a guy that lives by me whos got a '90 Brougham. I used to look at it when I'd go running (his house was on my route) and one day I saw that he was outside doing lawn work, so I walked over there and started talking to him about it..I asked him if I could look in it and sit in it and stuff. He let me! lol! He just kept on doing housework while I looked at his '90 Brougham like I was buying it! He didn't have a problem with it at all, I suppose he was just happy someone liked it as much as he did. At the time, he had like 230k on it, he's still got that car 2.5 years later and still uses it to tow his boat!

dp102288
11-26-06, 09:04 AM
I saw a beautiful Fleetwood at the A&P by me one day. I started to look at it when the owner came up to the car. I told them I was just looking at it, and they let me sit inside and start it up. Then he sat in my Eldo. He said he liked it. His wife said we were crazy and we should trade cars. :)

railven
11-26-06, 09:11 AM
Well at least you had a good day at the pump. As I was filling my car up at an EXXON on RT2 I'm standing there for hours, it feels. The pump did about 1-Dollar per minute or something.

I started to get irrate when I hear water pouring. I stopped pumping looked around and see gasoline spewing from my car. I managed to stop before it got really bad, glad I heard the pouring sound, but too late to stop from overflowing my tank and spraying myself.

Stupid pump never stopped...or maybe my car's vapors never kicked...whatever it was I wasn't very happy.

urbanski
11-26-06, 09:23 AM
I wouldn't let Jesda in my car either!:eek:

:true:

xxpinballxx
11-28-06, 12:06 AM
He let you in his car while his family was in there? He must have never seen you on this board! :p

Cool though, at least he was willing to talk about the car. Not stuck up and snubbed you off. :thumbsup:
Well Jesda obviously didn't mention the trout fetish!