: 2007 SRX - Magnetic Ride Control

j123456k
11-24-06, 11:35 PM
To all,

My wife and I are about to purchase a new 2007 SRX, 2wd V8 with Infared Exterior and Black interior. We live in Arizona, so no need for AWD. Really looking forward to the new 6 speed transmission as well.

My remaining question is whether to get the magnetic ride control. Not really sure if this costly option is really worth it. However, I was just at the Phoenix Auto Show today and feedback I got there was that it was absolutely magnificent.

Would you appeciate comments from everyone relative to thoughts/experiences of magetic ride control versus standard Cadillac suspension.

Thanks,

Jeff

c5 rv
11-25-06, 08:28 AM
First, welcome! It sounds like you're considering a great ride and color. Try to drive SRX units both with and without MRC. I've heard great things about the option, but don't have it on my SRX.

After you buy your SRX, I should send you over to my brother-in-law's house in SCW. He's a Ford retiree. Leave a burnout in his driveway. My sister would understand.

Northern SRX
11-25-06, 08:43 AM
I would agree with the previous poster that it's worth trying both - but do yourself a favour and drive both over rough roads as well as some roads with fairly tight curves. I did that and noticed a big difference - and ended up getting MRC on our '04 SRX and am very happy I did.

One of the big advantages of the SRX vs its competitors is that its handling is very refined and tight - allowing the vehicle to be driven virtually like a European sports wagon. You lose some of that without the MRC and the rough roads become a tad rougher. If you don't tend to toss your SRX through the twisties and are blessed with only smooth blacktop in your area, you might not get much benefit from MRC and, as you say, it's an expensive option...

TSS
11-25-06, 09:11 AM
No question - get the MRC. Check out my post "2007 loaner SRX 4". I love the MRC and had days and days to compare them side by side. No comparison. Get the MRC. Not just better ride, but superior handling in everyday maneuvers.

Smokin' SRX
11-25-06, 07:36 PM
No question - get the MRC. Check out my post "2007 loaner SRX 4". I love the MRC and had days and days to compare them side by side. No comparison. Get the MRC. Not just better ride, but superior handling in everyday maneuvers.

Great SUV!! Best of luck! He's right . The MRC makes it handle & ride like a GTO! I find the ride "firm" w/MRC! (that's me!) So TEST, TEST, TEST and let your bottomside rule!:rolleyes:

j123456k
11-25-06, 09:32 PM
To all,

Thanks for the great replies on the MRC. I am going to test drive both as you have suggested, but I am thinking I am going to get the MRC.

Another note is that I went on the Edmunds website and got quotes via the internet from a Phoenix dealership and they are quoting a no haggle $1500 UNDER Dealer invoice price for any 2007 SRX, whether I take it off of dealer stock or special order. I am thinking I am going to jump on that!!

Another question, I noticed that Cadillac do not offer Chrome wheels unless you get the 20 inch sport package. Well, I am not going to get the sport package or the 20 inch wheels, however, i would like to upgrade the 18 inch polished aluminum wheels. If you go on the Cadillac website under SRX accessories, they do show 18 chrome wheels, but no price.

Anybody have any experience in getting better wheels for their SRX?

Thanks,

Jeff

dbknight
11-27-06, 09:36 PM
I highly recommend the MRC, it really makes the ride smooth when you need it and I can feel it tighten up on the twisties -- great color choice too!

j123456k
11-27-06, 11:56 PM
Well.......I went to Coulter Cadillac in Phoenix on Sunday and the saleman let me drive two SRX V8's, one with the MRC and one without. The salesman I was dealing with was great and pushed me to really feel what the vehicles to do, both with acceleration and handling around curves. He purposely took me to a curve and had me take it at 80mph. I had to say that both handled the curves great, but the SRX with the MRC was absolutely outstanding. I felt like I was driving a sports car!! The overall ride of both were really good, but the MRC handled the bumps and curves better and won me over. The salesman let me drive both vehicles for about 1/2 hour each and really allowed me to feel how good the SRX really is. I had test driven before, but never to this extent. I currently have a Lincoln Mark VIII with active air suspension, but the ride and handling of the SRX are superior. Cadillac should market this vehicle better because if people actually drive it, the car will sell itself.

I ordered my SRX yesterday and am an EXTREMELY HAPPY camper!! and yes I ordered it with the MRC. With the incentives that are currently going on, I also got a great deal. Thanks to everyone for such great help!!

Jeff

Northern SRX
11-28-06, 04:07 AM
Well.......I went to Coulter Cadillac in Phoenix on Sunday and the saleman let me drive two SRX V8's, one with the MRC and one without. The salesman I was dealing with was great and pushed me to really feel what the vehicles to do, both with acceleration and handling around curves. He purposely took me to a curve and had me take it at 80mph. I had to say that both handled the curves great, but the SRX with the MRC was absolutely outstanding. I felt like I was driving a sports car!! The overall ride of both were really good, but the MRC handled the bumps and curves better and won me over. The salesman let me drive both vehicles for about 1/2 hour each and really allowed me to feel how good the SRX really is. I had test driven before, but never to this extent. I currently have a Lincoln Mark VIII with active air suspension, but the ride and handling of the SRX are superior. Cadillac should market this vehicle better because if people actually drive it, the car will sell itself.

I ordered my SRX yesterday and am an EXTREMELY HAPPY camper!! and yes I ordered it with the MRC. With the incentives that are currently going on, I also got a great deal. Thanks to everyone for such great help!!

Jeff

Congrats! Everything you say about the SRX is why I bought it over the RX330 (nice interior but too gutless and bland), the FX35/45 (nice handling but teeny interior and bone-jarring ride on rough roads), the MDX (nice and roomy interior but drives like a minivan), and the Touareg (wonderful interior but gutless with the 6 and too pricey with the 8 and, frankly, capabilities were more truck-like than what I was looking for). I test drove all of these cars and the SRX was at or close to the top in every category that was important to me. After two years, it still makes me happy.

Again, congrats - you won't be sorry you chose the MRC.

dietermod
11-28-06, 09:05 PM
Can't vouch for the "without" but the with is UNBELIEVABLE. I used to own a Porsche 911 in the 80s and would take it on Route 800 from New Philli, Ohio to St. Clairsville to whip around the curves. Now I have to go that way every now and then for work in my SRX. It feeels WAY better and corners far faster than the Porsche did. :thumbsup:

srxfrank
12-06-06, 08:45 AM
I recently purchased a 05 with magnetic ride. I took it in for some warranty issues and they gave me a SRX without magnetic ride for a loaner. I can't believe the diffrence in the rides. The one without it you can feel all the bumps in the road and it rides really stiff. I would highly reccomend to anyone looking to purchase a SRX to drive both.

TSS
12-06-06, 12:51 PM
Ditto on the loaner situation - what a difference MRC makes.