: Black Friday

TagApl4
11-24-06, 08:24 AM
What shopping deals did you guys come up on today???

I was in line outside Best Buy @ 3:30. I got a 32" LCD flat pannel TV for $500, Fight club, The Sandlot, and Dazed and Confused $4.99 each. No more gifts for myself, time to give.

CIWS
11-24-06, 08:30 AM
That sounds like you got a real good deal dude !

I am not going near any kind of a retail store today. I'm going to stay home and rip DVDs and reinstall windows on one of my PCs.

TagApl4
11-24-06, 08:41 AM
The line @ 3:30am was serious could have swore they had a fresh shipments of PS3s or something. The deals were crazy too. 50" LCD for 1499, laptops 250, 5MP digi cameras 79, I was going to go crazy and buy it all... Then i started buying wall mounts, high def cables, ect. ect. ect. to just make my TV work as it should, so then I put the credit card away. Trick is to get u in the store, they are still going to get their money!

CIWS
11-24-06, 09:02 AM
Yeah I'd probably spend too much damn money on things I didn't really need. Have to save the cash for giving to the needy at Christmas time not spending a bundle on myself. :)

dp102288
11-24-06, 09:29 AM
Man I didn't even know best buy was having some deals. They didn't send me a damn flyer! Was going to go to some crak of dawn shopping, but woke up too late. I should leave right now, maybe grab some left-over deals...nah.

TagApl4
11-24-06, 09:33 AM
U can, they go on till noon @ BB. I know things like 15" LCD monitors were not really getting bought here early morning, so thats something u could grab till noon, portable DVD players were sitting there. Its crazy how organized BB is. They handed out tickets so u would be either gauranteed your sale item or SOL. I guess they learned from years of people getting stomped out for video game consoles.

No one is in the office today, we close @ 12:00 and i feel i wont see more than 4 coworkers.

ChicagoCTS32
11-24-06, 11:06 AM
Tag... I loathe you. I wanted that tv. I just posted in the lcd vs. plasma thread about it... My gf's mom was in line at 10pm last night and was around #200 in line. I didn't get my tv :(

TagApl4
11-24-06, 11:14 AM
Thats too bad. When I get off work @ 12:00 (thank god) sleep 4 maybe 3 hrs, then get up and fire it up, I will let u know what its like. I cant believe she was in the line for so long and didn't get it. Everyone must have wanted it or there were very few @ the store she went to. I was 20 to get the Tv of probably 25, but about #200 in line to get tickets for a "door buster" item.

SpeedyArizona
11-24-06, 03:40 PM
I'm exausted and probably will go back to the mall and see if there's anything I missed. But my load so far:

42" Plasma TV for $1200:D
32" LCD HDTV for $600:D
Sony VIAO notebook for $600:thumbsup:
A couple of 1 gig flashdrives for $15
DVD Recorder for $80
A digital camera for $100
2 Ipods's for $200 and $350
One large headache...priceless:D

The two things I saw sell out fast were those LCD and Plasma tv's. I left for Best Buy last night at midnight to try and snag the tv's and there was already a huge line. Thankfully they still had a couple tickets left but whew that was close!

I also couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the Sony VIAO for $600 and although I hadn't planned on it, I couldn't resist the price. I swear by mine, I will never go back to a Dell after having a Sony.

All in all it was a great day, probably spent more than I should've but some prices are just too good to pass up. Now if I could just find two of those damn PS3's.

Stoneage_Caddy
11-24-06, 03:59 PM
the news i got today truely makes it a black friday , one of the darkest days in cadillac forums history

Adam
11-24-06, 05:15 PM
been up since 10:30 am yesterday... got off at 11:30 last night, went home, got the sale adds out and we planned everything for about 3 hours. got in line at about the same time as you did Tag... 3:30 am and was about 15th in the line. good heavens its been a long two days... and i still have til 7 am tomorrow... DAMMIT! hopefully we wont get any calls tonight... im beat.

dp102288
11-24-06, 09:12 PM
the news i got today truely makes it a black friday , one of the darkest days in cadillac forums history

Oh crap! Oh crap! Oh crap! Oh crap! Oh crap! Oh crap! Oh crap! Oh crap!

Rey Rey 650
11-25-06, 03:19 AM
Bought an 8" Portable DVD player for 69.99 at best buy.... Working grave tonight 11pm-9am so this should help out a little :) Everything else was taken.....Its all good though, I like buying most of my electronics at Costco so i can use them for a year and return them to upgrade...No questions asked....You cant do that anywhere else..... I love Costco

dp102288
11-25-06, 08:28 AM
Yeah I have heard about the "Costco flaw". Well that's still nice to help with the long shifts.