: Headlight (ebay) question and bulb

BlckCat
11-23-06, 10:01 AM
Hi,

I'm new here and I apologise for trotting up the same question relating to headlights.

According to the great bible of UPS estimates, my black projector lamps, purchased from ebay, should arrive tomorrow. I had hoped they would arrive before tomorrow since the car is being fitted with a remote starter and I had hoped to poach the electricians wisdom on wiring.

Anyway, I have seen these lights before and am aware that a wiring modification needs to be done. I am, and trust me on this, a complete electrical moron. For example, taking a wire from the hi beam side was fine, but to my mind, I wasn't then sure which of the wires on the low beam side it was to go to :(

I would be extremely grateful if anyone who has already done this, could provide idiot proof directions on this link for me to print off and work with.

Semi-related, and perhaps a little naive is a bulb question.

I have a set of driving lights on the car, fitted because the headlights are so poor. These are aligned correctly and are fitted with 100w bulbs, which are much clearer but because they are aligned do not bother other motorists. Given that from what I have read, the projectors low beam (H1) are pretty poor, my question is this;

Can I, ignoring the legality for a minute, put 100w's in my low beam, is their a downside, heat, wiring, fuse, relay etc, or anything else I should be aware of???

I apologise if the questions are a little simplistic and hope everyone in the US is having a great Thanksgiving.

Mick

todd2fst4u
11-23-06, 05:32 PM
i dont have any answers for you, but i was wondering if you could take a picture and post it here when you get these mounted on your car? i've been wanting to see what they look like for a long time. thanks

BlckCat
11-23-06, 06:44 PM
Absolutely, I'm hoping that I may gain some insight in to the wiring, from here, prior to fitting them on Saturday morning.

My car is black with dark tints all the way around so I'm hoping the black projectors will look good, either way I needed to replace the ones I had. In anye event, I'll take some photo's and post at the weekend.

todd2fst4u
11-24-06, 01:34 AM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-catera-cimarron-forum/89465-what-final-word-ebay-headlights.html
if you read this thread, you can email bengsxr and he will send you the wiring instructions.

i'm gussing the 100w would work fine. im just guessing though.

looking forward to the pictures! my catera is black as well. i've been looking at the black projectors for awhile now.

BlckCat
11-24-06, 05:20 AM
Thanks, I appreciate that and I'll post a request in a minute.

Assuming no hiccup with installation, I will as promised take photo's on Saturday.

Today is remote starter day so fingers crossed that actually goes as planned!!!

Have a good one.

julfaj
02-24-10, 03:47 AM
Is there anyone that can email me the wiring instructions as well? I've tried to PM bengsxr and other members, I've even tried to create a new post but for some reason I'm not allowed to do anything. If anyone could please email the instructions to jfajardo@usa.com I will be grateful.

Rolex
02-24-10, 09:58 AM
Is there anyone that can email me the wiring instructions as well? I've tried to PM bengsxr and other members, I've even tried to create a new post but for some reason I'm not allowed to do anything. If anyone could please email the instructions to jfajardo@usa.com I will be grateful.

You've bumped a thread that's over 6 years old and has't seen activity forever.

The user you've PMd bengsxr hasn't logged onto the forum since 04-27-07.

Ancient threads are great to read through for reviewing information, but their authors and posters aren't always still around. :)

Black02SLPSS
02-25-10, 12:43 AM
Here is a link to a single post that has the wiring instructions, just follow them step by step and you will be fine.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/1543854-post65.html