: cracked block pics

smooththg6969
11-21-06, 01:05 PM
had to take them with my camera phone my digital camera is out of it so pics may be blurry

eldorado1
11-21-06, 05:21 PM
I bet it was overheating, and someone filled it up with cold water....

codewize
11-21-06, 11:27 PM
Yup. That's not normal at all.

Ya know I'd like to say something else about that. Now lets look at the facts here. This board has been around for several years now, tight? No mention of cracked blocks ever. One day out of the blue a new member shows up and starts badmouthing the N* saying they crack blocks all the time. We ask for pics and he can't provide them

Several days maybe weeks later he comes up with a pic of a cracked block. Maybe N* maybe not.

Now this thread starts again unable to provide pic for day and then when we get pics they're terrible. The engine in that pic looks like it's been sitting in the woods for a couple of years and that crack is huge like it was hit with something. I've never seen a block crack that badly from anything normal, including freezing, which by the way is NOT considered normal.

I may only speak for myself but I'm pretty sceptical that there's not an evil force behind all of this.

clarkz71
11-22-06, 02:56 PM
Looks like an iron block with silver spray paint on the bottom. In any case it wasn't well maintained by the looks of it.

codewize
11-22-06, 03:26 PM
Thank you. That thing doesn't look aluminum AT ALL

Looks like an iron block with silver spray paint on the bottom. In any case it wasn't well maintained by the looks of it.

urbanski
11-22-06, 03:28 PM
so

conspiracy?

dkozloski
11-22-06, 03:35 PM
Cracked by unborn gay space aliens.

smooththg6969
11-22-06, 05:04 PM
codewize Yup. That's not normal at all.

Ya know I'd like to say something else about that. Now lets look at the facts here. This board has been around for several years now, tight? No mention of cracked blocks ever. One day out of the blue a new member shows up and starts badmouthing the N* saying they crack blocks all the time. We ask for pics and he can't provide them

Several days maybe weeks later he comes up with a pic of a cracked block. Maybe N* maybe not.

Now this thread starts again unable to provide pic for day and then when we get pics they're terrible. The engine in that pic looks like it's been sitting in the woods for a couple of years and that crack is huge like it was hit with something. I've never seen a block crack that badly from anything normal, including freezing, which by the way is NOT considered normal.

I may only speak for myself but I'm pretty sceptical that there's not an evil force behind all of this.
11-21-06 05:21 PM

I have been a member of this forum longer than you codewize I'm a reader not a poster I use the search button so I have no need to post unless I don't find an answer to what I'm looking for. I don't like being accused for something I didn't post or have any thing to do with. I was just posting pics of my cracked northstar your post makes me feel very uncomfortable I use this forum for help with my caddy not to to be accused of something I didn't do. no bad feelings though just a case mistaken identity. next time plz use search and make sure the screen names match.

by the way the reason the block is brown is because the crack was through an oil return passage causing an oil leak and the silver is actually a reflection of the oil film.

nigelb
11-22-06, 05:06 PM
Cracked by unborn gay space aliens.

man, they are the worst kind :hide:

cadzille99
11-22-06, 07:06 PM
here is a 99 engine with a cracked block. I'm not bad mouthing the northstar. But, this one blew both head gaskets and cracked the block at 105k miles.Low coolant level came on once and was refilled and taken to the dealer and this what they found.

eldorado1
11-22-06, 07:36 PM
Low coolant level came on once and was refilled with cold water while it was still hot

Fixed.

CadillacSTS42005
11-22-06, 08:28 PM
hey it CAN happen
i mean heck im one of the few who actually had a N* throw a rod...
then again no oil will do that...
*dads old 93 ETC not my fault tho*

dp102288
11-22-06, 09:37 PM
Interesting pics to say the least...

codewize
11-23-06, 12:14 AM
I'm sure anythings possible and I'm not accusing anyone of anything. It's just weird how all of a sudden all these people are showing up with cracked N* blocks and they don't know how it happened.

It just feeds the fire for those out there trying to say that N*'s crack all the time and they're junk. That type of thing fries my chops.

CadillacSTS42005
11-23-06, 12:31 AM
that and that Cadillacs are slow old people cars...
or that im driving daddys whip....

codewize
11-23-06, 08:23 PM
Yeah ^^^^ That too. When I got my DTS one of my clients told me I looked liek a 80 year old Jewish man in Florida.

Whatever.

Blown Z
11-23-06, 10:51 PM
When I got my DTS one of my clients told me I looked liek a 80 year old Jewish man in Florida. Whatever.

Hahaha! That's classic. I have an 01 DTS also which is why I find it hilarious.

Cadillacboy
11-24-06, 08:40 AM
I can't help but comtempl ate why GM didn't have or dropped powerful engines for Cadillac.I don't believe only reason was petrol crisis . Then you can see when you have a Caddy most of people would think that you got an old man's car ? I hate to say but from what infer HT4100,Olds 307 were verifying the fac that Cadillac had been no longer a "fast lane car" owing to underpowered engines .
Thakfully NStar has been available since '93 despite some bugs of it thus that "slow car image" been ruined or will be ruined in a couple years

codewize
11-24-06, 03:27 PM
As a member of the Cadillac Owners family I feel it's our duty to help change the worlds vision on Cadillac and help bring the newer perceptions to light.

We need to MAKE people understand that Cadillac is not a force to be reckoned with.

So get out there team and change the world.

dp102288
11-24-06, 07:56 PM
^^ Excellent post! I am in total agreement.

codewize
11-24-06, 09:51 PM
I bought this sweet ass racing style jacket off eBay. I've seen them around for a while now and decided I had to have one. The shipping is a little costly as they come from Bangkok but it's pretty nice. The embroidery is very nicely done.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=110053273325&rd=1&rd=1

I'll have to model some of my Cadillac paraphernalia and post some pics for you guys.

99Classillac
11-24-06, 10:01 PM
Nice jacket, let me know how it looks when u get it. If you're please with it, I might have to get me one. I like it a lot.

codewize
11-25-06, 08:49 AM
I got it yesterday. It's pretty nice. I will tell you that it's Euro so the zipper is on the ladies side but besides that it's very nice. I asked the guy about the zipper and he explained that to me.

He also told me that if I wanted a refund he would give me a full refund as long as I returned it withing 14 days. I guess I can live with the zipper thing since I really don't have a choice if I want the jacket.

If you do buy one please tell him I recommend it. I kind of aggravated the guy a little and would like to make nice nice as much as possible. My eBay ID is codewize1.