: GM Cadillac attorney lies to win lemon law case

lovenguth
11-20-06, 11:04 PM
This vehicle, a 2005 Cadillac Deville; DHS model has a heavy musty odor and heavy condensation along dash. Wipers have failed, radio and navigation have failed and dash lights have blinked on and off at night; specifically in the rain. Drivers seat has reclined by itself while driving. Vehicle has been to dealer for repeated repairs and condition still exists intermitently. Battery has gone dead 3 times. Vehicle is currently parked at my home in Jacksonville, Florida and I will not drive this unsafe and dangerous vehicle anymore as I fear it may cause an accident which will harm or kill others and myself. The GM attorney has written a response to me that I must drive this vehicle to Newark, NJ for my Lemon Law hearing on November 29, 2006. His remarks also state I have made modifications to this vehicle and I have not changed anything. In fact, the Cadillac dealer has changed the radio, the navigation unit, the battery, the a/c unit, the seat sensors, and the left turn signal. All this is documented. I purchased a defected product and the General Motors company is accusing me of causing the problems. This vehicle has serious electrial problems and the A/C system causes a microbial growth to occur and I may have been infected by a fungus because of it. I have not enjoyed this unsafe vehicle and it appears a GM attorney will prevail as I, a 100% service connected disabled veteran can not fight such a powerful company by myself. Attorneys I have contacted will not go up against GM as they too cannot win against such a giant. I request assistance with this matter and I want the public to know that their Cadillac is not safe. I've read that GM Cadillac is going to sell Cadillacs to the people of China and they need to know they are not buying a good vehicle they are buying is a problem, an unsafe and dangerous vehicle.

CadillacSTS42005
11-21-06, 01:58 AM
ill give ya a grand for her
sorry bout your issues man my car hasnt givin me any issues though

dp102288
11-21-06, 08:53 AM
Wow. Sorry for your troubles. I wonder why you would have to drive up here to the trial though?

Koooop
11-22-06, 07:01 PM
ill give ya a grand for her
sorry bout your issues man my car hasnt givin me any issues though

I'm at $1,100!

CadillacSTS42005
11-22-06, 08:47 PM
be honest all i want from his car is the nav system lol

dp102288
11-22-06, 10:24 PM
^^ Buy a car just for the navi...damn!

CadillacSTS42005
11-22-06, 10:28 PM
its cheaper bro
that and i cant find one
period

dp102288
11-23-06, 08:23 AM
Do what you gotta do! :thumbsup:

But do you think the "moisture" messed it up in any way?

Plus, where is the OP?

CadillacSTS42005
11-23-06, 11:43 PM
OP?
what?

dp102288
11-24-06, 08:54 AM
OP=original poster/thread starter.

Sorry.

CadillacSTS42005
11-24-06, 01:02 PM
oh its kewl man i was like wtf mate lol

bcs296
11-24-06, 03:08 PM
Did you buy this car new? Sounds like flood damage to me.

I can't stand it when people like you say ridiculous things like "Chinese people should never buy any Cadillacs because they will all go through what I am going through."

lovenguth
11-27-06, 05:54 PM
Do what you gotta do! :thumbsup:

But do you think the "moisture" messed it up in any way?

Plus, where is the OP?
I thought the moisture from the heavy A/C condensation could be the cause but don't know enough about this modern computer electrial stuff. I did come across a TSB that spoke about the MICROBIAL GROWTH that forms in the A/C system. Her's how this system tries to clear it up. After the car is turned off, the A/C blower turns on every ten minutes, blows the air out into the interior of the car for 10 secs for up to 2 hours. Sounds good but I tend to close my windows and lock my car after I use it. All these micro mold spores are simply spread on and into the interior and they actually breed more. The strong musty smell must be from the condensation on the outside of the dash and if I see the moisture there I can only believe that it is also quite heavy on the inside of the dash and dripping. Still trying to figure this out. The dealer has replaced the A/c unit - so they say and the condition remains bad. Even a little kid understands that moisture and electric do not work together yet the GM dealership states "works as design intent". Perhaps the early models didn't have these problems but as one GM mechanic told me, The 2005 DHS was put together with left over shelf parts going back to 2000. I may have been quite unfortunate to have purchased a end of a line model. Interesting to me is that a GM account executive told me the car may have electrial problems yet the GM attorney wrote I had modified the car and caused all my own problems. Thanks for your response. You may have it right. George

lovenguth
11-27-06, 07:38 PM
bcs296 you write: Did you buy this car new? Sounds like flood damage to me.

I can't stand it when people like you say ridiculous things like "Chinese people should never buy any Cadillacs because they will all go through what I am going through."

Bought his DHS out of a Delaware showroom, no flood damage. You say you stand it, well if your wife drove in my DHS as mine has on the interstate, going about 65 mph when traffic is all around you and you turn the left signal on and the driver seat begins reclining fully perhaps you'd understand. When the dash light and headlights turn off at night in atrun you may just understand instead on "I can't stand it". One of those you have to have been there to understand I guess. The fact that Americans, of which I am a 5th generation who has had a few Cadillacs before this one expresses that the new target market is being set up to purchase an old dream which many Americans will not but anymore is just a statement and opinion of mine. Interesting is the fact that I have apile of Cadillac dealership work orders that show this individual end of a series vehicle probably built with off the shelf parts dating back to 2000 is just an electrically defective mold spore spewing piece of sh-t. You want to buy it?

Koooop
12-04-06, 12:29 AM
Oh come on, like Chinese folks use turn signals!

LOL

CadillacSTS42005
12-04-06, 01:42 AM
ill buy it
i can offer you 2k
and by all means im serious
or if your willing id love to buy the navi radio from you..

dp102288
12-04-06, 08:24 AM
^^ ETC...pm the guy but leave an e-mail in the pm so he can respond back to you. He is still too new to pm you back.

When I get pms I get a notification and the actual message in my regular e-mail, maybe he will too.

Koooop
12-05-06, 12:55 AM
Aahhhhgggg! A Liar Lawyered!

I Mean A Legal Beagled, Er A

Lawyer Lied! What Is This World Coming To!

:mob: Get a rope!

This whole idea of a lawyer lying just makes me sick. :vomit:

caddycruiser
12-05-06, 04:14 PM
People get lemon cars bought back ALL the time, and by every manufacturer out there. It's aggravating as hell to have it be your car, but usually after either complaints through the dealer and upward, or even leading to arbitration such as in this case, the most likely resolution is them offering to buy the car back from you for what you paid minus some for mileage.

The Deville is not at all a bad car or unsafe--far from it--so don't go making sweeping generalizations about all of them, or all Cadillacs, being junk. Every manufacturer has a few bad ones pop out every year, and as bad as it is, you just happened to get one of them unintentionally.

If it's really as bad as you say it is, with the multiple trips for repairs and random safety-risking issues, they should be well aware of it and you should just be able to state your case in arbitration and see what they come up with. Lawyers often get involved, and it isn't really so much as "going up against an impossible giant", but moreso just threatening them enough that they give in a bit easier and buy it back--but people also do it all the time on their own, without even mention of a lawyer.

Best of luck with it. Having to drive to get to the arbitration may be aggravating too--and maybe even worry you having to do it in that car--but as long as everything is documented and well known, it's worth the effort to go. Otherwise, you're crap out of luck if you can't get them to agree to anything else.

Also check with the BBB--a lot of times they have people who will help you with lemon law cases, and assist with the arbitration.

CadillacSTS42005
12-07-06, 09:35 PM
wonder where this guy is...

dp102288
12-08-06, 08:42 AM
Maybe he got his new car?

Murphyg
12-08-06, 06:29 PM
Ya,
Would like to know how it turned out for him.
Hopefully in his favor.

Just noticed too, a link on this page for lawers to help with lemon law suits lol

Patrick7997
12-11-06, 01:15 PM
That made no sense....

#1, the Drive to Delaware is ridiculous, lemon laws are state laws, and would be handled in state.....

#2, the phone book is full of Attorneys who specialize in lemon Law cases... the idea that "no lawyer would touch it" and "go against the giant" is ridiculous.... people win lemon law cases every day.... two minutes after you file the suit, someone from GM will be on the phone, talking settlement....

dp102288
12-11-06, 08:41 PM
^^ Didn't think about the the in-state thing...

CadillacSTS42005
12-12-06, 07:33 PM
guy hasnt been back
im thinkin fake too...

dp102288
12-12-06, 07:57 PM
^^ Yeah...I just thought he was busy or didn't care what we thought. I dunno.

lovenguth
12-13-06, 09:29 PM
Just got back from New Jersey, some real interesting folks on this board and for those with positive thoughts, I thank you. Having all the repairs docs was the key. I would like to clarify my original statement about Cadillacs as I have owned a 1959 Coupe Deville and a 1798 Coupe Deville; excellent cars. This last one, the 2005 DHS was a real electrical mess. At the Lemon Law hearing I submitted my docs and the judge and both lawyers went behind closed doors and came out 15 minutes later and told me GM would re-purchase the car. I signed off on it. Asked the judge if I could have my 2,200 mile journey reimbursed and he said, No! This has been a not so nice Cadillac experience and I will just keep my memories of my other Cadillacs. Will say that the drivetrain seemed high quality and the suspension on the DHS to me is better then the DTS. Just my opinion.

CadillacSTS42005
12-13-06, 10:41 PM
i seriously doubt it
but who bought it back
im curious about buying it from them...

mtflight
12-14-06, 03:43 PM
To lovenguth:

I'm sure you had a bad experience, and sorry, that's too bad. Obviously you had a lemon-law case and things proceeded as they were supposed to.

However, your blanket statement is heavily biased toward your experience, albeit a bad experience. That does not mean that all the Cadillacs are bad, and unsafe. You'd need to increase the sample size.

The A/C is not a bad system either. The afterblow featured (not enabled by default) is designed as you mention to turn on when the temperature is higher than 80 degrees in order to prevent bacterial or fungal growth from water condensation.

Likely your car had a defect with weather seals, which caused a domino-like effect on the electronics. Moisture was likely breaching the seals (some of which may have been accidentally omitted during assembly) and getting in the places it should not have. This is obviously a defect, covered under the lemon-law because they could not find the source properly.

This could've happened with any car manufacturer, that's why the law is not brand-specific.

Letting people in China know they're buying a defective and dangerous car? that's only a problem with the one you had, not all of them obviously. Your sample size consisted of 1 car. So that would've been an erroneous argument.

The trial consisted of your car, and it's history. You did well to document the problems, all of which were evidence key in winning the case.

The part I disagree with was your blanket statement about letting the people (not limited to those in the People's Republic of China) know what a bad product Cadillac is.

We love Cadillac in this forum, and most of us have not had such experience as yours so it is not shared. I'm glad that the law worked in the end.

Koooop
12-14-06, 05:45 PM
Just got back from New Jersey, some real interesting folks on this board and for those with positive thoughts, I thank you. Having all the repairs docs was the key. I would like to clarify my original statement about Cadillacs as I have owned a 1959 Coupe Deville and a 1798 Coupe Deville; excellent cars. This last one, the 2005 DHS was a real electrical mess. At the Lemon Law hearing I submitted my docs and the judge and both lawyers went behind closed doors and came out 15 minutes later and told me GM would re-purchase the car. I signed off on it. Asked the judge if I could have my 2,200 mile journey reimbursed and he said, No! This has been a not so nice Cadillac experience and I will just keep my memories of my other Cadillacs. Will say that the drivetrain seemed high quality and the suspension on the DHS to me is better then the DTS. Just my opinion.

Did that 1798 Coupe DeVille come over on the Mayflower? LOL

Glad to hear GM bought your car back, sounds like that car was a real POS.

Did you ask for costs before or after the award? I could see the judge saying NO afterward, but not before.

dp102288
12-14-06, 09:06 PM
Well at least you got something positive out of all of it.

ChickenInABreadPan
04-24-07, 03:23 PM
Drivers seat has reclined by itself while driving -- whoa, that right there made me laugh and scared me all at the same time.

Murphyg
04-28-07, 01:57 PM
Drivers seat has reclined by itself while driving -- whoa, that right there made me laugh and scared me all at the same time.

Im thinking it may not be that Uncommon.
Im having some isues with the drivers power window as well as the automatic tilt on the steering wheel when exiting. (I have the auto for the seat turned off). But just the other day when exiting my car the seat started movin round.

Just got back from the dealer a couple hours ago. When I mentioned the seat he didnt hesitate to ask if it has happened while driving.
Was like a natural reflex when he asked me that.

Rolex
04-29-07, 02:29 PM
Why do people dig these threads up after several months :confused:

Here's my .02. These people with low post counts that come here to bitch about GM or Cadillac don't have any credibility with me. It's akin to internet flaming and trolling. While there are lemons from every manufacturer, I don't believe for one second that this guy had to fly to NJ for a "lemon law hearing."
:bs:

In the time I've been here I've seen people like this piss and moan about buying a GM/Cadillac POS and how poor the quality and reliability is. Many of them may be the second or third owner of a VERY used/abused vehicle. They don't bother to get it inspected before buying and when it turns out to be worn out and unrelieble they blame GM. See threads by "Flushing" and "Gloria Smith" for perfect examples of such trolling.

There was a thread not too long ago in the Escalade forum about a kid doing donuts and burnouts in his Escalade.........generally abusing it and treating it like siht. I expect someone will buy that thing after he trades it in, and show up here the next day showing pics of their "new lade with 24s." Then they'll be pissing and moaning 2 weeks after about how unreliable a vehicle it is and they'll never buy a GM vehicle again.

Whatever dude.

:sbox:

Disclaimer: the opinions of Rolex do not reflect the opinions of CadillacOwners.com, it's owners, administrators, moderators, or other users.

THE VILLE
04-29-07, 07:11 PM
Damn that sucks hope no one else has that problem

Murphyg
05-07-07, 10:37 PM
Why do people dig these threads up after several months :confused: [/I]

Im guessin its cause as long as someone responds then it will continue go on.

Welcome to the club my friend :highfive:

Koooop
05-08-07, 12:48 AM
:lock: Please

cadillacmike68
05-27-07, 10:22 PM
Lighten up Rolex.

This sounds like a problem with Cadillac's vaunted solution for which there was no problem - namely the used of multiplexed wiring where one wire would so several things. It wasn't well received by the rrade press, sort of like the digital zoom on a compact digital camera - useless.

What possibly happened was that the controller got it's signals mixed up and sent the wrong commands down the wire - literally :suspect:

I don't know when they introduced the multiplexed wiring but ocassionaly the driver's seat in my 2000 ElDorado will think it's time for me to take a nap and recline all the way back. But it ONLY does this when i press button 1 (for me) or the exit button. It NEVER happenned while I was driving. Sometimes pressing button 1 again will bring the seatback back up! The trunk lid is simiraly possessed. most of the time it works fine, but sometimes it will ignore the remote's button or the dash button or both. Putting the top up and back down - or down and back up usually "exorcises the demon". sometines just opening the trunk with the key scares the gremlins off too...

But using the key is so proleletarian. :alchi:

Now why the command module got corrupted - that's the real mystery. Where's Poirot at these days.

Rolex
05-29-07, 10:50 AM
Lighten up Rolex.

I am injecting my opinion here, nothing more. My intentions aren't to offend or anger. But as I said in my post, I don't give these bitch-and-run users any credibility. http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/anim_pyro.gif and http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_troll.gif at its best.

If you believe I'm being out of line feel free to report my posts to the administrators of this site, rather than trying to police me.

Please carry on metaphorically comparing Cadillacs to digital cameras. http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_nosmile.gif (javascript:insertText('[:|]');)

Koooop
05-29-07, 02:42 PM
Lighten up Rolex.

This sounds like a problem with Cadillac's vaunted solution for which there was no problem - namely the used of multiplexed wiring where one wire would so several things. It wasn't well received by the rrade press, sort of like the digital zoom on a compact digital camera - useless.

What possibly happened was that the controller got it's signals mixed up and sent the wrong commands down the wire - literally :suspect:

I don't know when they introduced the multiplexed wiring but ocassionaly the driver's seat in my 2000 ElDorado will think it's time for me to take a nap and recline all the way back. But it ONLY does this when i press button 1 (for me) or the exit button. It NEVER happenned while I was driving. Sometimes pressing button 1 again will bring the seatback back up! The trunk lid is simiraly possessed. most of the time it works fine, but sometimes it will ignore the remote's button or the dash button or both. Putting the top up and back down - or down and back up usually "exorcises the demon". sometines just opening the trunk with the key scares the gremlins off too...

But using the key is so proleletarian. :alchi:

Now why the command module got corrupted - that's the real mystery. Where's Poirot at these days.

So your 7 year old $2,500 car malfunctions... There's a surprise.

Maybe Cadillac should stand up and fix the Rust on my 1973 Eldorado while they come up with a solution for the issue on your aging used car.

LOL

I want a LIFETIME warranty!