: Who loves Sony?

SpeedyArizona
11-20-06, 06:43 PM
To combat the Sony bashing, I'm starting a thread for the people to love Sony:worship: :highfive: . I love Sony products and have never had a problem with any of them. So what is really with all the Sony negativity?

And on a different subject, I'm picking up my Escape "Limited" tomorrow:thumbsup: .

Krashed989
11-20-06, 06:46 PM
He's buying sony AND ford.... Traitor! Get 'em!!!

LOL just playin...

Boombotz
11-20-06, 06:56 PM
I've had Sony and have had no problems with them.

Jesda
11-20-06, 06:56 PM
Sony's MD products are awesome. The car audio is teh suck.

gary88
11-20-06, 07:12 PM
I have a Sony DSC-P150 camera, an older DCR-TRV25 mini DV handycam, and a Vaio VGN-FS840/W notebook. The camera takes really good pictures and is indestructible, the camcorder is awesome (also indestructible), and the notebook is really great and has an amazing screen. I've never really had a problem with Sony.

Although when it comes to gaming and TVs, it's Microsoft and Samsung for me :highfive:

OffThaHorseCEO
11-20-06, 07:39 PM
i just think the sony video game consoles are overrated and sold more on hype than anything else

SpeedyArizona
11-20-06, 07:47 PM
i just think the sony video game consoles are overrated and sold more on hype than anything else

Ehh...I agree and disagree. Sony does make excellent products including the PS game systems but I do agree they sell well because they are hyped-up and have the name Sony attached. Do I think spending $600 for a game system is crazy? Yes. Am I crazy? Yes:D

But the PS2's are advertised for $120 now so I may just pick one up for myself. Then I can try (key word) to beat my nephews in Madden!

railven
11-20-06, 07:55 PM
My major gripes with Sony are their prices. I don't understand how they can charge so much sometimes it feels like its just for the name.

I had a Cybershot 2MP [back when 2MP was God-Like] and it cost about 50$ more then my friend's Canon Powershot and by my eyes his photos looked better. We tried to factor out lots of things, used a tri-pod, same monitor to view the images on, same resolution, and even the same printer to print the pictures but his shots always looked crispier. That model Cybershot didn't even have the mic to record audio and his Powershot did.

Aside that I've never really had any problems with Sony. I'd never buy a Sony computer, paying a premium for the name and that I can prove, but my PS2 has been the only DVD-Player I've ever really needed.

I'm an AIWA man for music hehe.

I want a Sony Bravia SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

railven
11-20-06, 07:57 PM
Ehh...I agree and disagree. Sony does make excellent products including the PS game systems but I do agree they sell well because they are hyped-up and have the name Sony attached. Do I think spending $600 for a game system is crazy? Yes. Am I crazy? Yes:D

But the PS2's are advertised for $120 now so I may just pick one up for myself. Then I can try (key word) to beat my nephews in Madden!

You have to remember the hardware that comes with a PS3. Would you expect to buy a STS-V at an STS price? You'd love for that but it won't happen.

Always remember the hardware.

Sony is a damn good PR machine. I don't think the PS3 is sold on hype because it has delivered, not everything but most of it, of which it was marketed for.

xxpinballxx
11-20-06, 08:28 PM
i've had a slew of sony products and they are all essentially great....my PSPs are awesome. One orginal 1.5 FW for homebrewing and a black one and a white one both with the most recent Firmware upgrades. my wife has a DSCw70 and I have had a couple vaios one now being my Sony Vaio A-190 laptop. Not a problem and think sony earbuds are some of the best!

dp102288
11-20-06, 10:19 PM
I don't like Sony, but I will leave as I don't fit in this thread...

Stoneage_Caddy
11-20-06, 10:32 PM
i always make a point to buy sony ...im pretty loyal ....

slk230mb
11-20-06, 10:34 PM
I swear by Sony optical drives for my computers. I've never had one die or stop burning on me.

DopeStar 156
11-21-06, 12:19 AM
Every Sony product I've ever owned gave me years, upon years of loyal service with no trouble at all. My original PlayStation I bought back in 95 still works perfectly. Game consoles, TV's and CD Players all great products. Also there is no real hard evidence that PS3's are crapping out either.

kali_cts03
11-21-06, 12:20 AM
i fuks with sony!!! good stuff!!! never had any problems.... ok, well one time i did manage to burn one reciver, kind of sucked - at my party it just stopped playing and all this smoke started coming out of the vents..... :eek: (reason it happened was it was played at full throtle for about 14 hours non-stop in a cabinet with no ventilation since i pushed the cabinet against the wall so i have more room for peps at the party and was closed in front :tisk: )

went back to the store and got a brand new one, step up at no cost!!! that one never broke and i use them to the max, especially when i was back in school!!! got plenty of popo to show up, i think they just wanted to check out the system.... LMFAO!!! :thumbsup:

kali_cts03
11-21-06, 12:22 AM
SONY - BONY

:histeric:
? from "crazy people"

CadillacSTS42005
11-21-06, 12:22 AM
Sonys good for electronics and home audio
their car audio (other than hus) SUCK ASS!

kali_cts03
11-21-06, 12:24 AM
Sonys good for electronics and home audio
their car audio (other than hus) SUCK ASS!

car stuff is a different story, couple others that win that prize for sure.... but for home sony is the sh!T!! :)

railven
11-21-06, 12:36 AM
I wish I had a white PSP! Pinball you import or just know the right people?

xxpinballxx
11-21-06, 07:45 AM
got it from a store in england. paid 425.00 shipped. had originally planned on selling the black 2.0 PSP but decided I liked having an extra for buddies to play head to head.

railven
11-21-06, 09:35 AM
$425 is a bit too steep for me. They did announce a US launch but no details on when.

Hopefully it don't cost more then a few bucks over the black one.

I got the lecture from the girlfriend when she saw a shiny new 360 on the TV Stand.

"I thought you wanted a PS3?"
"They were sold out."
"So what, you just need to spend the money? Why can't you wait?"
"...I got Gears of War Collectors Edition!"
"you're useless."

Haha. Sucks I have to work all week, I'd love to break it in with a whole day gaming marathon. Any other 360 titles, exclusives, you'd recommend? I'm a dork for Bomberman but when I saw what they did to it, like he's on crack now and pumped with cybernetics, I almost cried.

Any comments on DOA:Xtreme Volleyball 2 or is it still just a "play with yourself" game, if you know what I mean.

CadillacSTS42005
11-21-06, 10:12 AM
thats great
totally something i would do
i HATE waiting lol

urbanski
11-21-06, 10:26 AM
42.. :spam:

dp102288
11-22-06, 10:13 PM
^^ Urb, what does 42 spam mean?

"Yes honey, I had to spend the money! What if I didn't buy anything and I was robbed?" -Actual argument used by friend to wife for buying something for his car.