: Tekken : Dark Resurrection

gothicaleigh
11-20-06, 02:28 PM
Okay, so I wandered down to the game store the other day because I was bored and in need of new entertainment (and I'll admit, I wanted a peek at the new consoles if on display). While there I picked up Tekken : Dark Resurrection for my PSP. I was surprised to see it as I had forgotten it was coming out for PSP. I am glad I saw it, because this game is unbelievable.

Fighting games are naturally good handheld games as you don't need to invest a whole lot of time to have fun. This new Tekken is amazing compared even to most console fighters though. The graphics are on par with the best that the PS2 has to offer, the game is quick and wild with no slow down whatsoever and has a roster of over 30 characters.

There's a world ranking system, game sharing (only need one game to play on 2 PSPs), you win cash from each fight for items to customize your character, an almost theatrical story mode, mini-games (bowling is rather addictive), and you can D/L "ghosts" of other players or create your own to share. It's amazing.

This is the first game to really show the PSP's potential and it's as good as, if not better, than anything on the major home consoles.

Anyone else have a PSP and this game?

xxpinballxx
11-20-06, 10:17 PM
Never played it goth but might have to get it. I have over 30 games for the PSP and haven't gotten any new ones in a couple months. Was waiting on something new and better. I just got AceCombat but never even seen the tekken unless i just dismissed it. I might have to go out and pick it up. thanks for the review.

dp102288
11-20-06, 10:26 PM
A great game for the PSP was Mercury. Hard as hell sometimes, but very innovative. I had the first one, now the "remix" version.

gothicaleigh
11-20-06, 10:28 PM
Lumines, Wipeout, and Loco Roco are my other favorites so far on the system.

Can't wait for Gran turismo Mobile.

xxpinballxx
11-20-06, 10:30 PM
i have a long list but my favs are lumins and mercury for puzzle type games madden and winning 11 for sports death jr. for platform and GTA for all around fun play. I also have socom and splinter cell for first person shooters.

railven
11-21-06, 01:57 AM
My PSP library is a bit lacking. I got those collection games, I'm a loser for oldies, and I'm drooling over the fact that Capcom Collection 2 brings the original Ghouls and Goblins. That game is pure awesome wrapped in ecstacy. It is fun going to the original and to the new version, both games I'd highly recommend.

I'm not a huge Tekken fan but I picked it up. I haven't played much, as I sort of suck at the series...give me Street Fighter any day [also included in Capcom Collection 2...where is my SF: Alpha dammit!], but I agree the graphics are rather impressive for a hand held. The lines are smooth, the audio is crisp, and the CGI, although a friend said they are the same endings from Tekken 5, look awesome.

I have large hands and before I lost my Alpha 3 my wrist would cramp up. If you got large hands too I'd recommend the err whats the name? I'll get a link:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802155

I agree its way over priced considering it doesn't really do jack for you as a charger but the grips alone make the PSP so comfortable and I can game for hours before getting wrist fatigue. Good invest, helped tons with Monster Hunter [POS game Capcom is lucky they remade Mega Man X or I'd write them a long letter.]

xxpinballxx
11-21-06, 08:41 AM
I bought the PSP controller grips and makes for a much more enjoyable time playing for long intervals. I always get cramping in my right thumb and middle finger playing winning 11 or madden.

railven
11-21-06, 10:30 AM
Those grips are the shiz! My only complaint is having to carry them around.

My PSP with the Logitech case and those grips make for some excess baggage but it is worth it.

gothicaleigh
11-21-06, 10:44 AM
Those grips are a great idea ( I have small hands and they still cramp on some PSP games because the buttons are so close to the edge; or worse, pinch on the hard corners, ow).

I always play Tekken arcade-style though (index and middle finger working the right side buttons).

railven
11-21-06, 10:50 AM
Haha I could never play "arcade-style." My friend, a sort of Tekken-Master, says that is my problem. My fingers don't move fast enough with my playing style, using just me-thumb, and I'm like "yo, I grew up on Street Fighter" and he usually laughs.

xxpinballxx
11-21-06, 12:04 PM
Well goth I just went to get tekken but seen Dave Mirra BMX challenge. I was a BMXer and played dave mirra two like a 1000 hours! I still play it more that anything trying to hit a million point combo so i had to get this.....I'll get it though next trip out probably...

railven
11-21-06, 08:56 PM
How does Mirra handle on the PSP?

I'm dying waiting for MGS for my PSP. I need to race and beat FF3 for the DS so I can put that time towards MGS.

MGS: Acid didn't do it for me. I love RPG's but having to wait for your turn to snap someone's neck isn't as fun.

xxpinballxx
11-21-06, 10:32 PM
Mirra is pretty cool...I gotta get use to the new controls though....square is hop which throws me off. MGS acid was retarded if you ask me. I also can't wait for the new one.