urbanski
11-20-06, 09:37 AM
pwnd by geoshitties

imageshack.us

Blackout
11-20-06, 09:40 AM
Sorry guys. But here's a link to the page I fount it at

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308740

The pictures I tried to use were scaled down because the original pictures are huge.

Vesicant
11-20-06, 09:46 AM
Thats freaking insane :eek:

I wonder how fast he was going or what scenario led to that...:nono:

Boombotz
11-20-06, 09:58 AM
Holy crap :eek:

xxpinballxx
11-20-06, 09:59 AM
Thats ridiculous......good arguement for the american cars of the past.

TagApl4
11-20-06, 10:09 AM
:eek: dont se a pool/trail of blood so that could be a good sign for the driver

jonnyd
11-20-06, 10:48 AM
damnnnnn.....that is wicked!!!!!! I have never seen something that bad in real life before...OMG!!!

xxpinballxx
11-20-06, 12:29 PM
did it say anything about the speeds it was going...had to be pretty fast! I can't believe how the frame wrapped like that.....its like it just folded up....

codewize
11-20-06, 12:40 PM
My thoughts exactly.

Thats ridiculous......good arguement for the american cars of the past.

turbojimmy
11-20-06, 01:18 PM
That's not an accident. You gotta try pretty hard to f' up that bad. It's just Darwin at work. I feel for the family, but the driver was obviously doing something very stupid.

Jim

ShadowLvr400
11-20-06, 01:30 PM
Brutal wreck. It's weird to see a car folded like that, but then again, that's probably not the bes angle for the frame to resist. They're designed to avoid bending forward or sideways, not up and down. Even a rollover wouldn't be that focus of a shot across the spine of the car. I want more details on what happened too though.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-20-06, 01:48 PM
Like pinball said...a damn good argument for the good old american cruisers!

Maybe he was ran off the road, chased off into oblivion?

CadillacGurl
11-20-06, 01:49 PM
He had to be driving close to 60-80mph to get the car to wrap like that. My mom's friend had a camaro wrapped around a tree similar to that. He was drag racing from what she told me.

dp102288
11-20-06, 10:00 PM
Daaaaaamn! Looks like a bean bag. :tisk:

Wiseguy2
11-20-06, 11:34 PM
Holy crap!

It's scary how that car just folded like a tortilla. And people wonder why I drive The Caddy and the BMWs.. (FWIW, having been all over said Caddy, the thing looks to be quite a bit more solid than my 740iL)

JimHare
11-21-06, 07:55 AM
What you have to remember about modern cars is that they're DESIGNED to self-destruct during an accident. The more kinetic energy the car absorbs, the less there is for the human to absorb. I'm not saying this looks like the driver just walked away, but the idea that a 'big, solid' car is safer, per se, during an accident is to ignore the physics of a collision.

I've seen accidents where the car literally flew apart and was barely recognizable afterwards, but the passenger compartment, if relatively unscathed, protected the occupants.

xxpinballxx
11-21-06, 08:01 AM
yeah most of them now have accordion frames that let the motor buckle under the car in head on accident

CIWS
11-21-06, 08:15 AM
The question would be what did they actually hit and/or hit them ? What we see in that pic is where that car ended up, not where it had the actual accident.

dp102288
11-21-06, 08:22 AM
^^ Good point, but when I first saw the pics, I thought that pole thing behind the scene was responsible. But now I am rethinking that.

turbojimmy
11-21-06, 08:28 AM
The question would be what did they actually hit and/or hit them ? What we see in that pic is where that car ended up, not where it had the actual accident.

I think what they actually hit was the pole, with the roof, which caused it to 'taco'. Vehicles are designed to deflect front, rear, or side impacts away from the passenger compartment. I can't think of any that would hold up well under those circumstances.

And as far as the 'ricer' comment goes, I think some of the modifications to the car were beyond your typical cosmetic 'ricer' mods. It had aftermarket swaybars and while it did have a 'fart can' muffler, it had 3" exhaust the whole way back. People don't typically incur that type of expense unless they need it - it probably had an aftermarket turbo on it.

Jim