: XM Radio?

Djacobs64
11-19-06, 09:52 PM
I just got my 2004 SRX. Was told by the seller it had XM radio. When I press the "source" button on the radio I get FM1, FM2, AM and CD - no XM. Does anyone know if all SRX's come with XM or was this an additional option? I don't have navigation but I do have the in dash 6 disc changer.

sgilbert
11-19-06, 10:22 PM
XM was NOT available in '04 SRX's. It was added in either '05 or '06--not sure which.

Djacobs64
11-19-06, 10:24 PM
Thanks

ric1241
11-19-06, 10:53 PM
I have an 04 SRX and it has the factory XM radio.

ewill3rd
11-20-06, 06:03 AM
Look at the option label under the cover in the cargo area. If it says U2K then you have it, if it doesn't then you don't.
Usually that will have the antenna on the roof at the very back and it will have the XM logo on it if you have XM radio as an option. There are faults that will make the system not "see" the receiver.
If you don't have U2K then you don't have XM.
Wouldn't be the first time a salesman lied to make a sale, on purpose or out of plain ignorance.

MortnCyn
11-20-06, 06:48 AM
Our '04 with XM had the antenna on the rear right side glass.

ewill3rd
11-20-06, 07:24 AM
The antenna on the right rear side glass is the cellular antenna.
Some have an FM grid on the inside of the glass.
The XM antenna is roof mounted (factory) in the center rear portion of the roof.
These things have antennas all over them.

dechief4
11-20-06, 09:39 AM
XM was NOT available in '04 SRX's. It was added in either '05 or '06--not sure which.
Incorrect. XM was/has been available since the vehicle's inception in '04. In most cases it is either an add-on option, or a 'delete' option.

MortnCyn
11-20-06, 04:17 PM
The XM antenna is roof mounted (factory) in the center rear portion of the roof.
No roof mounted XM antenna on the early '04 SRX. Has to be the cellular looking antenna on the right rear glass. Many complained about the cell phone look of the antenna.
It must also be the Onstar antenna.

CadillacinBlack
11-22-06, 07:24 PM
I have an 04 with both antenna's, XM roof mounted and sidewindow mount for onstar.

mrstang94
11-22-06, 09:37 PM
I also Have an 04 with both antennas

MortnCyn
11-24-06, 07:30 AM
Originally Posted by ewill3rd

No roof mounted XM antenna on the early '04 SRX. Has to be the cellular looking antenna on the right rear glass. Many complained about the cell phone look of the antenna.
It must also be the Onstar antenna. To correct my quoted post above.............
ewill3rd: As usual you are correct. I woke up this morning and realized my '04 did not have XM radio except when it had my Delphi roadyxt plugged into the cigar lighter with my antenna on the dash. Good reason there was no antenna on the roof. '05 does have XM and now use the roadyxt in the house and in second car.

ewill3rd
11-24-06, 08:03 AM
;)
No prob bro.
Thanks for clarifying.

Rod04
12-28-06, 01:54 PM
What might be the little box (about 1 1/2 inches square) that sits at the top of the front windshield just to the right of the neck of the rear view mirror? It is not attached to the glass but is supported and held in place by a plastic "stalk" that goes to the trim at the top of the windshield. Might it be an XM antenna for the early SRX models? If not, does anyone know what it might be?

Thanks

Rod04
12-29-06, 12:20 AM
What might be the little box (about 1 1/2 inches square) that sits at the top of the front windshield just to the right of the neck of the rear view mirror? It is not attached to the glass but is supported and held in place by a plastic "stalk" that goes to the trim at the top of the windshield. Might it be an XM antenna for the early SRX models? If not, does anyone know what it might be?

Thanks

BTW, by build sticker inside rear or car shows that the car was ordered/is equipped with U2K option and the owners manual says that the XM radio can be enabled.

ewill3rd
12-29-06, 07:39 AM
It might be a GPS antenna for the OnStar system. They used to mount them at the header near the windshield.
In fact I just looked it up in the manual and it is indeed the GPS antenna for the early SRX.
In '05 they took the antennas to the roof.

wifescaddy
02-12-07, 06:11 AM
Ok so if yours is equipped with xm and you have the antenna and the option code BUT it still isnt showing up then whats next.Back to the dealer or is there a way to get it to show up.

TSS
02-12-07, 06:57 AM
You won't get all channels until you start the service with XM (unless you bought new and get the 3 months free deal). You should, however, be getting the "preview" XM channel which tells you how to sign up for XM etc.

wifescaddy
02-12-07, 07:06 AM
yeah we dont have the preview showing up,we have it in our pathfinder and when we got it it worked great,now she wants it in the caddy but its not showing up just am fm fm2 cd no xm.I even went as far as pulling the rear inner panels again and making sure they were plugged in and the antenna too.

wifescaddy
02-12-07, 07:28 AM
i just went on my snap on tools shopkey at work and it gave me a few things to check for when i get home tonight.

donjumpsuit
02-12-07, 11:56 AM
wait,
Can someone give me some clarification. Where is the FM attenna located? On the right rear glass? or on the left rear glass, because i have grids on both. The new Sirius car kits require an attenna wire to be placed directly on top of that grid, and I put it on the right. ? Anyone in service know for sure?

donjumpsuit
03-30-07, 05:20 PM
I am still looking for the answer to my original question.

I have a 05 SRX w/ the onstar/xm fin.

HOWEVER,
Both rear, side windows have grids on the inside of them.

I assume one is cellular and one is FM radio antenna.

Which is which?

could one be an AM antenna?