: 02 Deville Base Aftermarket help

DigiPimp
11-19-06, 12:40 AM
Alright basically I am starting from having almost no idea what I need to do or where I should go to get it done. But I want to put in a headunit that can play mp3 cds, dvds and could have a sirius connection as well, although thats not as important. i'd like to have it have an lcd or if it's better because of the column shift that i've got hookup to an lcd somewhere in the car.

basically i need to know what are my options and where should i go to get it done, cartoys are they any good, or just try to find a local shop?

the727kid
11-19-06, 02:25 AM
I would say do it your self, it is ALOT easier than you think.

(edited for content)

gutierrezcaddy
11-19-06, 02:54 AM
yeah just got done installing a in dash monitor in my homies 2001 deville its actually real easy, make sure when you do install get the harness for your stereo made by metra and stereo kit to, models harness: metra gmos-06 and stereo kit metra 99-2005, the indash lcd is just as easy as installing a regular cd player.

gutierrezcaddy
11-19-06, 02:55 AM
by the way the column shift is no problem doesnt even bother the monitor.

DigiPimp
11-19-06, 05:18 AM
alright so far i would need the gmos-06 and the metra 99-2005. what is all this double din and single din stuff, does it matter which one i get? Are there any Clarions that would work, thats really the brand I prefer personally? What other wiring would I need if any?

the727kid
11-19-06, 11:20 AM
Single Din, is like a regular cd player you typically see at best buy. Double din is basically like 2 CD players stacked together, like what you have now. Clarion would work, but if you get one with a brain that is just a longer install time. You also need a GM Antenna Adapter and that should be it for your wiring unless you want subs and an amp.

O ya you need to run your own constant wire (18gauge will do), to the battery.

Also you have to run a toggle switch with the parking brake wire and connect to the ground to watch while you drive.

DigiPimp
11-19-06, 11:35 AM
Sounds like something I would rather have someone else do. My time is worth more working for myself than it is trying to figure out all of this. Do the cartoys people know what they're doing generally, or maybe I can go back to Fry's in Dallas or someone.

the727kid
11-19-06, 11:44 AM
Idk those shops, I'm not from Tx.

gutierrezcaddy
11-22-06, 12:38 AM
yeah actually the guys up in cartoys are pretty knowledgeable at least here in denver co . they did an install in a deville and looks like they did a pretty good job.