: It's what they loved that killed them.

Benzilla
11-17-06, 10:22 PM
Frank Sinatra
Born: December 12, 1915 (Newark, New Jersey)
Died: May 14, 1998 (Los Angeles, California)
Cause of Death: Heart & kidney disease; bladder cancer (Alcohol & tobacco)

Dean Martin
Born: June 7, 1917 (Steubenville, Ohio)
Died: December 25, 1995 (Beverly Hills, California)
Cause of Death: Lung cancer and emphysema (Tobacco)

Sammy Davis, Jr.
Born: December 8, 1925 (New York, New York)
Died: May 16, 1990 (Beverly Hills, California)
Cause of Death: Complications from throat cancer (Tobacco)

Peter Lawford
Born: September 7, 1923 (London, England)
Died: December 24, 1984 (Los Angeles, California)
Cause of Death: Liver and kidney disease (Alcohol)

Four of the worlds greatest entertainers died from doing what they loved. Smoking, Drinking, and Partying. It is the most ironic of deaths indeed. But these four men lived life to its fullest with no regrets along the way. These were real men.

TomDeville
11-18-06, 01:42 AM
They don't make them like
that anymore.:mad:

:cool2:

illumina
11-18-06, 02:12 AM
This isn't turning into a politcal message to not smoke and drink is it?

Benzilla
11-18-06, 02:38 AM
hell no!

They knew the secret of life, as Frank said, "you only live once, but the way I live, once is enough"

Frost
11-18-06, 05:42 AM
Other than the fact that Peter Lawford was a Touch-hole, I have to agree with Ben - they were great and defined the era they lived in. Every red-blooded male wanted to have the life they lived. Well, except for the Touch-hole.

CIWS
11-18-06, 08:20 AM
This could be said about John Holmes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Holmes_(actor))too. What he "loved" killed him. :D

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-18-06, 04:50 PM
LOL John Holmes! Out of those 5, I would choose to be him. I heard Sinatra was a real *******.

danbuc
11-18-06, 06:40 PM
Sinatra was a real ass hole. Too full of himself for some I guess, but he was Sinatra, and could get away with being a complete ass.

That HBO movie "The Rat Pack" was real good. Just throwin' that out there.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-18-06, 06:42 PM
The rat pack Vegas is the vegas I'd love to visit. The new one just isn't as cool, commercialized and all.

eldorado99
11-18-06, 09:22 PM
Sinatra was a real ass hole. Too full of himself for some I guess, but he was Sinatra, and could get away with being a complete ass.

Definately, he had his own charmisa, even if he was a jerk people still wanted to be like him. I think he appears even more obnoxious now as its no longer so acceptable to be prejudiced against black people and Jews (poor Sammy!).

Whether any of them were jerks or saints, I still love their music.

danbuc
11-18-06, 10:01 PM
Whether any of them were jerks or saints, I still love their music.

Absolutely........high five's all around!:highfive:

dp102288
11-18-06, 10:30 PM
Smoking & drinking. My grandmother says its the fast track to an early grave. My dad tells her, her complaining is.

I just sit and laugh (with a drink in my hand). :)

DILLIGAF
11-18-06, 10:35 PM
Smoking & drinking. My grandmother says its the fast track to an early grave. My dad tells her, her complaining is.

I just sit and laugh (with a drink in my hand). :)
Cheers bro:alchi:

eldorado99
11-18-06, 10:36 PM
Cheers bro:alchi:

Hell its Saturday, I'll join you guys. Bottoms up!

dp102288
11-19-06, 12:36 AM
Bottoms up? I already hit the floor twice! :histeric: I really need to go sleep now.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-19-06, 01:06 AM
So if you're gonna get killed by doing what you love, I'll get run over by some sort of '70s Eldorado, Florian will die face down in a beav and Jesda will die watching Star Trek. Haha Shatner!

Benzilla
11-19-06, 03:37 AM
Lol, I guess I'll die in the back of the Phaeton getting head from Debbi Mazer while hallucinating from the grade-A 'shrooms that Marilyn Monroe is dancing on the hood in nothing but diamonds and a smile.

Too much information? yes.

Anyway, just thinking, Frank Sinatra couldn't have been that bad. My Aunt and Uncle saw his show in Detroit, the one where 5th dimension opened, and the reviews said it was his best performance ever. Anyway, my uncle got to speak with him and said he was a nice guy. Also, I found out that he handed out engraved gold money clips to people that helped him out, as a little gesture. That doesn't really sound like an ass hole to me.

dp102288
11-19-06, 08:59 AM
Chad, your last post was excellent! Damn I am out of points! :thumbsup:

BCs71
11-20-06, 03:29 PM
Wow, other than Frank it looks like the other 3 pack boys died right around Christmas time (Dean Martin on CHristmas Day). That is kinda odd?

But not slamming any of the other guys, they were all the best ever for performers. But Sammy was the man. I have a DVD from a 1950s performance and Sammy was the best singer and was the only one who danced. He sang in many different styles, as well. We was THE most talented IMO, and the performance showed it. He had a great sense of humor to round out the package.

He was like all the other Rat Packers combined into one package except he could boogie down as well!