: Saw a Jeep GC SRT8 last nite

svassh
11-17-06, 02:59 PM
It was at the car wash behind me. I watched the car come thru the wash but didn't talk to the guy as I overheard him on the cell phone. Sounded like a car salesman had the Jeep on a nite out loan.

Anyway, I found the looks to be a little cartoonish. The wheels a little too big, stance too low. Just overall kinda funny looking for a Jeep. The giant exhaust coming out together at the place a trailer hitch should go added to the cartoon look.

They may be faster (debatable) but I like the looks of my V better.

What is it with Chrysler and sticking a Hemi in anything with wheels? ie the station wagon first now a Jeep.

Blackout
11-17-06, 03:08 PM
Well when they do like 13 flats in the 1/4 out of the box then they can throw a Hemi into anything they want. I think it is a nice looking ride. The stance is very aggressive and the wheels look great IMO. The center exhaust is nice looking but I could careless that it's where the trailer hitch is. I wouldn't buy a performance vehicle and treat as a F-150 or something so I wouldn't be looking at it to haul my trailers around. All in all it's a sweet ride and I would recommend taking one for a test drive because i was smiling ear to ear

CIWS
11-17-06, 03:09 PM
They may be faster (debatable) but I like the looks of my V better.

If your V doesn't outrun it go get it checked. Something is wrong with it.

Rolex
11-17-06, 03:13 PM
Yeah I've seen a few of them on the roads. I wasn't overly impressed with the looks, but I bet they run like a scalded dog. I still couldn't imagine blowing 45k on a JEEP. :bigroll:

gothicaleigh
11-17-06, 03:23 PM
The Magnum makes more sense.

ctsvflorida
11-17-06, 03:27 PM
If your V doesn't outrun it go get it checked. Something is wrong with it.

:yeah:

BLACK_CTSV
11-17-06, 03:59 PM
I considered getting one. I think they look pretty damn cool, and you'd definitely surprise some people from a stoplight.

svassh
11-17-06, 04:27 PM
I considered getting one. I think they look pretty damn cool, and you'd definitely surprise some people from a stoplight.

No doubt they will suprise many, it did sound nice. That hemi is a great motor I just wish they were a little more selective with what they put it in, at some point its no longer special if every soccer mom has one in their mini van. Maybe I'm just getting too old for the Dodge/Chrysler designs, a little too over the top for me.

Blackout
11-17-06, 04:54 PM
If your V doesn't outrun it go get it checked. Something is wrong with it.I wouldn't go that far.
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/Atco/1/ce74f4a6-1d7d-4fe5-b1ab-52f1930ad0d0.htm

I was sitting next to the guy taking the video and the Jeep was bone stock and it still hadn't even gone through it's break in period it had just a hair over 400 miles on the odometer. I'm sure Jeep SRT8 owners hope that people have this mindset so when they embarrass them in a race it will quickly change their tune.

CIWS
11-17-06, 05:54 PM
I wouldn't go that far.

I would / did.

caddydaddy
11-17-06, 06:22 PM
I saw a silver SRT8 Jeep today, it pulled off the road not far from my house. They are very "different" looking.

Blackout
11-17-06, 10:23 PM
I would / did.Like I said people like having that kind of mindset about vehicles and then once they get their doors blown off by the vehicle then you will get new perspective. Hell the guy I raced with a modded up Honda S2000 was in awe of losing to my bone stock Lincoln Mark VIII. Hell with the Hennessey package on those things they haul some serious ass!

CIWS
11-17-06, 10:29 PM
Like I said people like having that kind of mindset about vehicles and then once they get their doors blown off by the vehicle then you will get new perspective. Hell the guy I raced with a modded up Honda S2000 was in awe of losing to my bone stock Lincoln Mark VIII. Hell with the Hennessey package on those things they haul some serious ass!

I've already run a guy in an SRT 8 jeep up to about 85 mph before he layed off about a car and a half behind me with me pulling on him. Now maybe he didn't know his vehicle well yet, who knows. But I've run one in my V. That's the perspective I have on it.

BLACK_CTSV
11-17-06, 11:58 PM
Now maybe he didn't know his vehicle well yet, who knows.

Not much to know: Put your foot to the floor and it flat out hooks and books! :)

dp102288
11-18-06, 10:06 PM
Is the CG the Grand Cherokee? I guess so right? I think they are kinda nice, but I have never been inside one. Rather put that towards an Escalade though.

danbuc
11-18-06, 10:13 PM
I was following one up an entrance ramp on the highway a few weeks ago. Got to the entrance lane, and he punched it. That thing flew down the highway, and sounded really nice too. I'd still rather drive a Typhoon. Ugly as sin, but still a GM.

BLACK_CTSV
11-18-06, 10:37 PM
I was following one up an entrance ramp on the highway a few weeks ago. Got to the entrance lane, and he punched it. That thing flew down the highway, and sounded really nice too. I'd still rather drive a Typhoon. Ugly as sin, but still a GM.
I was on the freeway in the right lane - right behind a GC SRT8. Our lane was going about 10 mph, but the other lanes were moving fast. He moved to the middle lane and punched it: It squatted and went. Pretty impressive. I've never driven one, but my buddy in Vegas said he had more fun driving it than a Porsche Cayenne Turbo.

CVP33
11-19-06, 10:35 AM
I got the pleasure of driving the Jeep SRT-8 at the SRT Track Experience last month at Virginia International Raceway. Incredible vehicle. Torque load the vehicle at the line and then just floor it. Not squealing, no drama, just brute force AWD driving your head back. It does give up ground after it's 4.5 second (very repeatable) 0-60mph run though. Most CTS-V's and 300 SRT-8's will catch up between 90-100mph from a dig. Comparing the Jeep from a roll is a much easier kill. Negating it's AWD advantage and now hamstinging it with it's poor aero and heavier curb weight. I also got to throw this thing through a slalom course. It will surprise you! VERY planted despite it's appearance. And to my mind, the Jeep has the best dash of all the SRT-8 family.

dp102288
11-19-06, 09:15 PM
^^ Damn this car sounds nicer and nicer. I will have to go look at one and :drool: a bit.

CVP33
11-19-06, 10:53 PM
I like the fact the Chrysler is putting the 6.1L hemi into more and more vehicles. It's no different than what GM is doing with the 6.0L and what Mercedes has been doing with their AMG models (13 and counting).

But I must add that after reading a few articles lately on the new CTS-V, I'm hoping that this vehicle delivers where the last model had a few warts. I still can't see spending nearly $95,000 when the $55,000 model delivers 95% of the higher priced one. We'll see.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-20-06, 12:13 AM
Not too impressed with the Grand Cherokee SRT-8 or the Trailblazer SS. The last hi-po SUV I liked was the Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited! Damn, that is a nice SUV.

dp102288
11-20-06, 10:27 AM
I always hear great things about the 5.9L Cherokee. On this board and from other people. I really wanted to test drive one, but I can't find one by me.