: Cadillac SRX reliability

mkaresh
11-17-06, 09:04 AM
Thanks, Sal, for giving me permission to post this.

Dissatisfied with existing information on vehicle reliability, a year ago I started conducting my own reliability research. I'm reporting stats like "average times in the shop" to enable comparisons between cars and tradeoffs with other factors car buyers also care about, like styliing and performance. These things are hard to do with vague dot ratings.

I'd like to collect data on the SRX, but to start a model year I need 25 signed up.

To encourage people to participate, detailed results will be available free
of charge to those who help out.

For more information, and to sign up:
Vehicle reliability research (http://www.truedelta.com/reliability.php)

Comments and questions welcome.

robhersch
11-17-06, 11:21 AM
I would be willing to sign up; and I tried but apparently your web site is not accessible to me via your posted address above.
My SRX: 2005 - N*V8 - RWD - UltraView (works as expected - shade & roof opens, closes, no air or water leaks, no noises) - Trailering pkg (no hitch) - Spec order for BlueChip/ Ebony/ trailering - Mfg Date ~12/15/04, Del 1/21/05 - now has ~ 13k mi.
My CD changer replaced @ 4557 mi (DIC resetting, was solved), my suspension checked @ 9559 mi (safety recall - no action reqd), refused reprogram (to solve AWD drive train issues??) based on data posted herein that degraded performance, etc. - serviced (Mob-1 synthetic oil chg, etc) by local Cad dealer @ 4368; @ 8646; @ 11744.
Volant CAI installed @ 8660.
My SRX fuel mileage (12-14/ 19-22) ~ 20% less than my '99 DeVille Concours

mkaresh
11-17-06, 11:25 AM
It was broken earlier, but I fixed it. Should be working fine now. Just in case, here's a plain link:

http://www.truedelta.com/reliability.php

My process only collects data on future problems. I am currently working on a repair history section, though. Should be up and running soon.

donjumpsuit
11-17-06, 01:09 PM
I will sign up, because I have something to say. My only fear is that people who sign up are like me, with problems, like always in life, those who have had no problems, are not the squeaky wheels that require the grease.

Comments?

TSS
11-17-06, 01:24 PM
Not only that, but as a gruop we are much pickier and educated (w/ respect to how our vehicles should perform) than average folks. Most people don't participate in forums about their cars. Therefore, problems we report may go unnoticed by many. With that said, I would participate.

mkaresh
11-17-06, 02:01 PM
The registration form and later the regular survey asks about regular forum participation. Once the sample size is large enough it will be possible to determine if forum participation affects repair rates.

The reliability survey only asks about problems that happen in the future, with the exception of the first month. So except to the degree that past problems predict future problems (because the owner and vehicle remain the same), this source of potential bias is eliminated.

For what it's worth, this is the only reliability survey I'm aware of where people do not know what they'll be reporting at the time they decide to participate.

For people who want to report repairs that have already happened, I am working on a repair history section.

Edit: Repair history survey now online.

DVC-Don
11-17-06, 03:05 PM
Sorry, my security system blocked your web site.

mkaresh
11-17-06, 03:15 PM
I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you're talking about. At work? Based on what?

mkaresh
11-17-06, 06:41 PM
I would be willing to sign up; and I tried but apparently your web site is not accessible to me via your posted address above.
My SRX: 2005 - N*V8 - RWD - UltraView (works as expected - shade & roof opens, closes, no air or water leaks, no noises) - Trailering pkg (no hitch) - Spec order for BlueChip/ Ebony/ trailering - Mfg Date ~12/15/04, Del 1/21/05 - now has ~ 13k mi.
My CD changer replaced @ 4557 mi (DIC resetting, was solved), my suspension checked @ 9559 mi (safety recall - no action reqd), refused reprogram (to solve AWD drive train issues??) based on data posted herein that degraded performance, etc. - serviced (Mob-1 synthetic oil chg, etc) by local Cad dealer @ 4368; @ 8646; @ 11744.
Volant CAI installed @ 8660.
My SRX fuel mileage (12-14/ 19-22) ~ 20% less than my '99 DeVille Concours

I just launched a repair history survey for people who want to provide this sort of information. As stated above, the main research only collects data going forward, not histories.

mkaresh
03-27-07, 04:03 PM
I'm still short of the minimum sample I need to get started.

In contrast, I already have 40 2007 Acura MDXs. I'll have initial reliability info on that new design in May.

People will pay attention to Consumer Reports as long as there is no real alternative. Help me create one.

jrose7004
03-27-07, 08:09 PM
I signed up.

mkaresh
04-25-07, 02:17 PM
Thanks.

I've had a few people ask me when I'll have information on the SRX. Unfortunately, that depends on how soon I have enough signed up.

With the Acura MDX, I have 50 owners signed up for the 2007 alone.

Details on the research: Vehicle reliability research (http://www.truedelta.com/reliability.php)

Jmale
04-25-07, 07:22 PM
I wonder what kind of sample size for a particular model year ( or vin # range) one would need to derive any useful information from analysis. Coupled with that the potential skewed data from an isolated population segment ( tech savy/ problem searching users) makes it even more interesting.

But hey, start small and see where it goes. I would love to get 'real world' facts on reliablity etc.

Kudos to you for your efforts!!!!!!!!! (I'll sign up)

JAM

mkaresh
04-25-07, 08:02 PM
Thanks for helping out.

I'm seeing results start to stabilize with samples in the 20s, partly because the metric I'm focusing on at first--repair trips to the shop--is very robust. People with many small problems tend to combine them into a single trip, evening out variation.

In general, problem rates are much higher than those reported to CR, but much lower than many people expect--overage is about 0.6 repair trips per year for a 2006 model.

Average in CR is about 0.18 because their survey is annual and they ask people to only report problems "you considered serious." That's how you get bias into responses--you let each respondent decide whether a problem was serious enough to be reported.

mkaresh
05-26-07, 12:46 PM
Still ISO more SRX owners. 37 so far for all model years.

mkaresh
06-28-07, 10:19 AM
About the same as last month, just 38 SRX owners signed up. I'm now collecting data on nearly every competitor, even the Audi Q7 and Mercedes GL, but I'm not even close with the SRX.

mkaresh
07-18-07, 12:03 PM
Next results in August, but still not collecting data on the SRX. I will have results for the Acura MDX and Audi Q7.

mkaresh
09-12-07, 11:30 AM
Most recent results posted here:

TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results (http://www.truedelta.com/results0607.php)

donhenry@aeiwireless
09-12-07, 04:06 PM
I signed up - 2007 SRX V6 AWD.

robhersch
09-12-07, 07:59 PM
About the same as last month, just 38 SRX owners signed up. I'm now collecting data on nearly every competitor, even the Audi Q7 and Mercedes GL, but I'm not even close with the SRX.

Mike,
I find it interesting that we have many SRX folks not only "grumbling" about their SRX problems on this SRX owners forum but also "apparently reluctant to contribute the facts" of those problems to your data base.
Do you think that maybe SRX vehicles are just so much more reliable than the "competition" from the krauts & ricers that reporting is not needed??
We still love our 2005 SRX N*V8 RWD (even with all of the "SRX problems" posted herein).
I still have nothing new (except maybe for oil changes) to report since my last entry above; I just put gas (premium) in and drive it
robhersch

john d
09-13-07, 01:23 AM
Mike,
I find it interesting that we have many SRX folks not only "grumbling" about their SRX problems on this SRX owners forum but also "apparently reluctant to contribute the facts" of those problems to your data base.
Do you think that maybe SRX vehicles are just so much more reliable than the "competition" from the krauts & ricers that reporting is not needed??
We still love our 2005 SRX N*V8 RWD (even with all of the "SRX problems" posted herein).
I still have nothing new (except maybe for oil changes) to report since my last entry above; I just put gas (premium) in and drive it
robhersch
There's also the self inflicted shoot yourself in the foot factor.
Knock the product and lower the demand...lower the demand lower the value.
Not that the value could be knocked any lower than it is already from the problems we contributors here have shared.
Many, if not all, have proclaimed we wanted to buy American.
Save jobs, keep big purchase dollars at home in the U.S..
Help GM because whats good for GM is good for America.
We bought the premier American automobile...CADILLAC ! ! ! !
We paid 10's of thousands for the American trophy automobile.
In return we get serious, even bodily injury threating problems to deal with (often not fixed) like poor designed transfer cases, detuning re-flashes, long downtime for parts, exploding glass roofs, failed catalytic converters, self destroying mufflers, rusty jacks due to unfixable leaks, recall after recall, outdated Onstar equipment, untrained service departments, problem timing chains, stalling in traffic, premature brake wear, etc..... and extreme loss of value in depreciation.
Even Cadillac dropped SRX "Performance" SUV advertising campaigns and then promoted the SRX as a grocery getter. Just another $60 k station wagon.
In nearly 4 years of ownership it seems I've had more service department visits and down time than the 25 cars I've owned since 1956 combined.
Sure sorry I spent my retirement savings on this car.

robhersch
09-14-07, 04:20 AM
Cheer up john d, maybe next time you can get a chinese, korean, indian, libyan or iranian (horse drawn??) vehicle along with a "gibson girl" type air conditioner. Got to be cheaper at third world labor rates and fewer, simpler parts.
We still love our "made in the USA" SRX, high priced US union labor included!!
By the way, have you really experienced and reported all of your listed problems to Mike for his reliability reports??
Good luck.

john d
09-14-07, 03:22 PM
Cheer up john d, maybe next time you can get a chinese, korean, indian, libyan or iranian (horse drawn??) vehicle along with a "gibson girl" type air conditioner. Got to be cheaper at third world labor rates and fewer, simpler parts.
We still love our "made in the USA" SRX, high priced US union labor included!!
By the way, have you really experienced and reported all of your listed problems to Mike for his reliability reports??
Good luck.
Hey Rob - Didn't report any to Mike as he wanted going forward reports and I listed a few that I could recall that others had reported here in addition to many of my own.
Plus, there's the "publicizing" of our value killing problems factor that makes me hesitant to participate in his venture. He makes $, we lose $.
Do want to state that I love the car for what it could be and am devastated by what it is.
Had hoped that in a few years I'd make a gift of it to my grandson (as I had gifted my Town Cars to my daughters a few years ago) but that's now out of the question with it's unreliability and out of warranty repair costs. I'd not be doing him or his parents any favors...

mkaresh
09-16-07, 09:17 PM
There are already other sources of reliability information out there. A high repair rate from my surveys could not reduce the value of the SRX any further.

What results from my survey would do is make it possible to see what a poor rating elsewhere translates to in terms of repair trips per year, an actual number. What many people don't realize is that a relatively high repair rate still isn't high in absolute terms, usually about one repair trip per year on average.

And the result would be based on more recent information, so if the repair rate improves or worsens this would be evident more quickly. This could provide manufacturers with an additional incentive to improve reliability.

It is important to accurately report repairs. TrueDelta's results must be credible if they are to help correct for others' failure to post absolute and not just relative repair rates.

I think the main reason I don't have enough SRXs is that there simply aren't that many of them. Acura sells far more MDXs, for example.

cfishkin
09-20-07, 09:07 PM
John, sorry you've experienced those problems, my 2005 AWD, Ultraview, V6 has only been to the dealer for oil changes. It's almost exclusively used around town, and I still have the original brakes after 38,000 miles and my wife drives 60mph to the stop sign and slams on the brakes.

z32drifter
09-26-07, 11:19 PM
2005 must have been a good year, our SRX has only suffered a few minor trim issues. Still has original brakes and tires at 31k, and I expect both to go over 40k before replacement. So far the knob for the rear air fan in the roof control panel as cracked (easy to see at night), the shifter slide stuck or was damaged, one of the block off plates in the rear of the headliner comes loose and needs to be replaced. We bought ours as a CPO with 21k, the previous owners records showed normal maint and replacement of a leaky pinion seal. I hope it continues on the reliable road.

BTW I work for VW so compare it to a Touareg..... They go thru tires every 20-25k and brakes last about 40k, dealer brake job is around $1500.00 parts alone are around $1000.00.

mkaresh
10-03-07, 02:19 PM
One thing I hope my research will make clearer is that "below average" isn't often actually bad. These days, it just takes a couple of minor problems for a model to be "below average" in reliability.

Also, even with such models cars that require no repairs at all are not uncommon.

With the SRX, 2004, 2006, and 2007 are all about halfway to the minimum needed to get started collecting data. It is harder to get there because not many are sold.

With the Acura MDX, I have twice as many owners for the 2007 alone as for all years of the SRX put together. But they also sold 5,000 of the things last month.

If you're not yet signed up, please consider doing so. A number of the owners already signed up have told me they really want to get started. But I won't start before enough owners are signed up, because that would just waste people's time.

For the details, and to sign up to help:

RobVuk
10-12-07, 12:39 PM
I checked out your survey and found it confusing at best. Wouldn't it be better to be able to average the number of miles between service visits for any given model instead of visits/year? It doesn't mean much if an 05 model has never been in for service in 3 years if it only has 5,000 miles on it. The nature of probelms is often misleading to the facts too. I've seen where people will bring a performance car in for service because they think there's too much brake dust on the wheels. :helpless:

I also question the reliability of the data for the older cars. I surely couldn't tell you how many times I've serviced my 9 year old GMC jimmy with any accuracy after 140,000 miles. I traded it for a 2008 SRX V8 AWD just last week, so I am new here and at this time I have nothing to contribute to your survey but I admire your efforts.

Thanks
Rob

mkaresh
10-12-07, 12:59 PM
Rob,

You make some excellent points, but it sounds like you don't understand how the survey process works. First of all, when the car is brand new is the best time to join.

I know people can't accurately remember things unless they happened recently. For this reason and to minimize bias, the data are collected going forward, not based on what's already happened. After someone signs up, they get an email each month. If they had a repair the previous month, they respond to the survey. If they had no repair, every third month they simply report an approximate odometer reading. Other months they don't need to do anything (though it's possible to click a "check in" link to avoid follow-up emails).

In other words, people just report on what happened the previous month, not the previous year or (!) the previous ten years.

I personally review every repair that's submitted. Very few of them are for frivolous items. Issues involving brake pads and rotors are excluded from the analysis you saw because they have many potential causes, many of which are beyond the control of the manufacturer.

Also be aware that the current analysis only includes "successful repairs." This means that the owner not only felt something was wrong, but the dealer agreed and was willing and able to do something to fix it. This no doubt excludes some aggravating problems that the dealer can't fix, but it also excludes complaints like the one you mention.

It would be nice to report, as others have also suggested, a mean time/miles between failures. But to do this each vehicle must be having failures, and these days failures can be quite rare. In other words, there's no way with my data to calculate such a result. Maybe in a few years, when many owners have been involved for an extended period of time, but not today.

In general, I plan to provide additional results in the future, with larger sample sizes permitting more detail. Right now I'm concentrating on trips to the shop per year because it's viable with small sample sizes and a limited timespan of data. Next to each result you'll see the average number of miles on each vehicle at the end of all quarters reported on, so you can see how new the vehicles are and also about how much they tend to be driven.

Please let me know if you have further questions. I haven't been able to collect any data on the SRX yet, but a few 2008s have already signed up, so maybe the current model year. One more would certainly help.

RobVuk
10-12-07, 01:13 PM
Well that does sound much better if you actually review the complaints. ;) Even with small samples, you can divide the total number of miles by the number of repairs. If you have 10 cars with an average of 30,000 miles on them that would total 300,000 miles. And with 30 repairs total, that's simply put as 10,000 miles per repair. You might have another explanation but it would be more meaningful to me. Just curious.

I will register.

mkaresh
10-12-07, 01:45 PM
I plan to report repairs per mile in the future. But realize that I only start collecting data from when someone starts participating, not from when the car was new. This way someone who joins because they've had a lot of past problems cannot skew the result. Other surveys don't avoid this potential bias.

Because of how I collect the data, I often have just a few thousand miles per car at first. You can see how many months of data I have per car in the results table. The average car is driven about 1,000 miles per month, so that will give you an idea of miles per car, and even a rough ideas of miles per reported repair.

When those averages get to be 6 months or more, what you suggest will be more feasible.

It would be more feasible with just a bit of data per car, except I ask only for approximate odometer readings, to the nearest 1,000. So looking at short time spans this rounding would produce distortions. Over six months or more, not nearly as much.

I don't ask for exact odometer readings because then the response rate would drop big time. People can easily remember a two-digit number, but not a five-digit number. And if they need to write it down--forget about it.

mkaresh
10-26-07, 10:37 AM
Recently the odds of including the SRX in this research have started to look better. There are already five 2008s enrolled, which is pretty good this early in the model year. With nine or ten I'd probably start, since it's still fall.

In addition, there are now 14 2004s, 11 2006s, and 12 2007s. With those years 25 are required to get started.

mkaresh
11-23-07, 02:04 PM
Just a couple more since I last posted, so not there yet. A few owners keep asking me to get started on the SRX, but without enough participants signed up collecting the data would just waste people's time. So I don't start until 25 have signed up for a model year.

cashmoan
12-11-07, 04:47 PM
Just sigend up I would be very curious to see what is being said and how it may differ from what is shared here in the forums.

robhersch
12-12-07, 12:16 AM
Recently the odds of including the SRX in this research have started to look better. There are already five 2008s enrolled, which is pretty good this early in the model year. With nine or ten I'd probably start, since it's still fall.
In addition, there are now 14 2004s, 11 2006s, and 12 2007s. With those years 25 are required to get started. Vehicle reliability research (http://www.truedelta.com/reliability.php)

Gee Mike, are we the only 2005 SRX owner interested in sharing our good fortune? We love our SRX N*V8 VVT 320 hp (with 5 speed auto & sport shift capability) although it uses ~ 10-20% (~ 19-21 mpg LA - Vegas) more premium fuel than our 1999 DeVille Concours N*V8 300 hp (with 4 speed auto & free wheel coasting going downhill) (~ 23-24 mpg LA - Vegas).
Another difference noticed: we use Mobil 1 5w-30 full synthetic oil in both; the SRX gets ~ 10,000 mi (indicated) oil life; the 99 gets only ~ 5,000 mi (indicated) oil life.

mkaresh
12-18-07, 11:50 AM
Good fortune, bad fortune, it is what it is. At least I try to keep the emotion out of it, or some people get upset and have to stop participating.

No, I'm not making this up. A few people (not SRX owners) have quit because they got upset whenever they thought about their car's problems.

But as for whether you're the only one, you're not. There just aren't 25 of you.

Current counts:

2004: 14
2005: 9
2006: 14
2007: 13
2008: 5

Total: 55

In comparison:

2007 Acura MDX: 92

2008 Buick Enclave: 79

Cadillac SRX reliability research (http://www.truedelta.com/reliability.php)

RobVuk
12-18-07, 12:45 PM
I signed up for it but I don't have a clue what I'm supposed to do. I never get any emails about it and I don't even have a link to to anywhere to make a report if I had something to report. Am I supposed to report if I don't have any problems?

mkaresh
12-18-07, 01:56 PM
Thank you for asking, Rob.

The SRX is not yet included in the main survey because not enough owners have signed up. So you won't receive the emails with links to that survey. If you did, you'd be asked to respond every third month even without a repair.

There are two other on-site surveys with no minimum sample size, for Repair Histories and Fuel Economy. You can participate in those at any time by going to the site.

This said, you should be receiving a monthly newsletter sent out to all panel members. If you aren't, your email provider or some software on your computer is probably shunting my email into a bulk or spam folder. Most don't do this, but some do, I think simply based on the volume of email I send out with 18,000 members.

If you can't figure out what is going on, it might be necessary to provide a different email address.

RobVuk
12-18-07, 04:11 PM
If you can't figure out what is going on, it might be necessary to provide a different email address.

Well it seems that it's probably miscommunications like this that make participation very limited. Most just don't want the hassle. Although I appreciate someone taking the effort to start a project like this, implementation is key. Now you suggest I use a new email address that will probably filter just the same, instead of telling me who I might expect this mail from so that I can make sure that it passes through. Or for that matter, where i would go to change my email preferences.:helpless:

I have now had my SRX for 2 months with no issues and I am one happy owner so far. I will already have more than 5000 miles on it this month and my wife and I both enjoy it very much. I would love to spread the word but it is difficult at best.

mkaresh
12-18-07, 07:13 PM
Where's the miscommuncation?

I have no idea which email program your are using or who your provider is. There are dozens, even hundreds of both, and I cannot be expected to know the ins and outs of all of them.

This would be like someone posting: "my car isn't running right," without providing any additional detail, and expecting someone to tell them how to fix it.

Most people have no trouble receiving the email. It gets through just fine to gmail, AOL, SBC, AT&T, and other large ISPs you have to pay for. Hotmail and especially smaller providers with unintelligent, crude filters tend to pose the largest problems. And if they're blocking my email, they're also blocking other email you'd like to receive.

In my experience, it's very difficult to tell someone who doesn't understand their email program well how to fix this problem. The easiest solution, by far, is to use a different provider with a smarter filter.

But, if you know how to instruct the program to whitelist an address, the email comes from michael at truedelta dot com

RobVuk
12-18-07, 08:09 PM
Where's the miscommuncation?

I have no idea which email program your are using or who your provider is. There are dozens, even hundreds of both, and I cannot be expected to know the ins and outs of all of them.

This would be like someone posting: "my car isn't running right," without providing any additional detail, and expecting someone to tell them how to fix it.

Most people have no trouble receiving the email. It gets through just fine to gmail, AOL, SBC, AT&T, and other large ISPs you have to pay for. Hotmail and especially smaller providers with unintelligent, crude filters tend to pose the largest problems. And if they're blocking my email, they're also blocking other email you'd like to receive.

In my experience, it's very difficult to tell someone who doesn't understand their email program well how to fix this problem. The easiest solution, by far, is to use a different provider with a smarter filter.

But, if you know how to instruct the program to whitelist an address, the email comes from michael at truedelta dot com

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound inflammatory. All my email accounts are with gmail and aol. I have the ability to search my junkmail boxes and whitelist an address with my Mac email program. I have not found any emails from truedelta at this point yet. I will keep an eye open for it now.

Thanks for your help.

mkaresh
12-18-07, 08:29 PM
Sorry for being testy on my end. Email drove me crazy for a long time. I reduced problems as much as I could on my end, and can't tell there's much I can do about those that remain.

The problem is that spam is out of control, and email services are doing crazier and crazier things to block it, and catching legitimate emails in the process.

My highest response rate was with gmail, the last time I checked. They appear to have the smartest filter of any service. AOL can be a bit more of a problem, though I have no idea why for some people the emails can get stuck in filters when for most they get through. The response rate with email is still above the average.

You should probably PM or email me the address you most likely used, so I can check that it's in the database. Sometimes people remember signing up, but for whatever reason there's no sign that they did so.

mkaresh
01-14-08, 06:56 AM
Getting closer, but still need more owners to sign up before the SRX can be included in the survey.

robhersch
01-15-08, 04:20 AM
Getting closer, but still need more owners to sign up before the SRX can be included in the survey.Vehicle reliability research (http://www.truedelta.com/reliability.php)

Mike,
Our 2005 SRX N*V8 RWD is still going strong with no problems except that we now have to add gasoline instead of draining out a few gallons per day to keep the tank from overflowing (in our dreams).
Still looking for a few more interested N*V8 owners to get "the facts" on these great machines before the "global warmers" either outlaw them or restrict ownership of them to retired political animals.

mkaresh
02-10-08, 01:49 PM
The 2004 is now 3/4 of the way to the minimum, and the 2006 and 2007 are well over half way. Getting there.

mkaresh
03-16-08, 11:54 AM
A number of SRX owners have emailed me, hoping that the SRX can be included in the main reliability survey. But it would do no good to include it without more owners signed up; I don't want anyone to spend time on the surveys unless we're likely to be able to use the results.

If seven to twelve more owners signed up per year, we could include the 2004, 2006, and 2007.

mkaresh
04-12-08, 01:02 PM
The 2004 is now only six owners short of the minimum, and other years are also getting closer.

To help get your year included:

robhersch
04-14-08, 08:47 PM
A number of SRX owners have emailed me, hoping that the SRX can be included in the main reliability survey. But it would do no good to include it without more owners signed up; I don't want anyone to spend time on the surveys unless we're likely to be able to use the results.

If seven to twelve more owners signed up per year, we could include the 2004, 2006, and 2007. Vehicle reliability research (http://www.truedelta.com/reliability.php)

Mike, does the above indicate that the 2005 SRXs are so good that no one needs reliability data?? or so bad that owners are afraid to provide data??
We still love our 2005 SRX N*V8 RWD.

Come on 2005 SRX drivers and show these folks what reliability is really like.

steined
04-15-08, 10:29 AM
Just signed up my 07. Can I suggest a title change so that people like me who are tired of reading the negativity, will click on it to participate in a survey instead of expecting a tirade on how horrible my beloved SRX is :)

mkaresh
04-15-08, 10:48 AM
Mike, does the above indicate that the 2005 SRXs are so good that no one needs reliability data?? or so bad that owners are afraid to provide data??
We still love our 2005 SRX N*V8 RWD.

Come on 2005 SRX drivers and show these folks what reliability is really like.

I think it mostly indicates that they haven't sold many. Though I do think it's a little harder to get a large enough sample when reliability is so extreme one way or the other that:

1. People want a reliable car but don't want to go through the trouble to do any research; so they just buy something with a strong rep.

2. The reputation of a model is so bad that only people who place a very low priority on reliability buy it.

I don't think SRX owners fall in either group, though. I see #1 most with Toyota and Lexus, #2 most with older Audis and Mercedes.

mkaresh
04-15-08, 10:49 AM
Just signed up my 07. Can I suggest a title change so that people like me who are tired of reading the negativity, will click on it to participate in a survey instead of expecting a tirade on how horrible my beloved SRX is :)

I'm not able to change the title at this point. In some cases I've added "--want better info?" to the title. If an admin or mod sees this post, maybe they can alter the thread title.

mkaresh
05-09-08, 01:48 PM
The 2004 is now only four owners short of the minimum, and the 2007 is only six short.

A number of owners have been asking for the SRX to be included. We're almost there, let's get it done!

mkaresh
06-07-08, 11:53 AM
The 2004 finally reached the minimum last month, and is now included in the survey.

The 2007 is very close.

More participants needed for all years.

mkaresh
07-03-08, 12:23 PM
Just a half a dozen owners short of the minimum with the 2007.

To help get your year included:

mkaresh
07-29-08, 01:48 PM
The 2007 is now just three short, so if few more owners sign up I can include it in next month's survey.

Also need more for other years as well. Total for all years now 83.

TaVern
08-22-08, 02:32 AM
I report. You decide.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-forum-2008-beyond/121996-help-show-consumer-reports-how-its.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/123877-cadillac-cts-v-reliability.html

mkaresh
09-23-08, 02:36 PM
Still a few short with the 2007. Might have a result for the 2004 in November, but it's going to be tight. A few more participants would help.

mkaresh
10-21-08, 02:17 PM
Still too close to call on the result in November. A few additional participants would certainly help.

TaVern
10-21-08, 05:30 PM
More participants needed for all years.

A few more participants would help.

Getting closer, but still need more owners to sign up before the SRX can be included in the survey.

If seven to twelve more owners signed up per year, we could include the 2004, 2006, and 2007.

A few additional participants would certainly help.

What is it, exactly, you contribute here?

You decline becoming a supporting member to the site owner.

You advertise your business here for free and absolutely refuse to become a supporting vendor.

You will not post your "reliability results" anywhere on this forum. One must register on your advertisement-laced website for that information.

All you do is beg for more people to sign up for your non-scientific surveys, which generate income for you and no one else.

And for the record, your one CadillacOwners.com link on your entire website cannot justify your hundreds of advertising postings you continue to create here at no cost to you.

You've worn out your stay here. Time to get the hell out.

mkaresh
10-21-08, 06:00 PM
As usual, little if anything of what you say is true.

1. The site owner has never required or even requested that I pay him. You are NOT the site owner, you just act like you are. Admins are also not the site owner. I have always had, and continue to have, the actual site owner's permission to post about my research here in exchange for links from my site and credit in any press release mentioning results for a Cadillac.

2. Since that agreement, I have had many links to this site on my own. There is one on each page for a Cadillac model, including the SRX. There is one on each price comparison results page that includes a Cadillac. This forum was credited in a paid press release for helping to make a result possible for the 2008 CTS. In other words, I have fulfilled everything I agreed to do 100%.

3. Where I have had results for a Cadillac, they have been posted to this site. After all, the smear campaign only started after I posted results for the 2008 CTS that some here did not like, but that other sources of reliability information have since confirmed.

4. Participation is free; not only do I not ask people for money, there is currently not even a way for individuals to directly pay me. It's simply ridiculous how I can put so much time and money into this project, give the results away for free, and still be subject to such malice.

No doubt you'll be unfazed by your inability to get the facts straight and move on to another set of false accusations. Have you considered a career as a political operative?

TaVern
10-21-08, 06:07 PM
You are NOT the site owner, you just act like you are.

Every single one of us who CONTRIBUTES here, whether monetary or information not requiring registration on a third-party site, is the site owner.

You contribute nothing, shitbag.

Buick61
10-07-09, 12:51 PM
No repairs on my '07 SRX for over the past year, so hopefully that helps the overall reliability score for the car. It's pretty dismal right now, but I think that's because the lack of a decent-sized sample pool on the True Delta site. Maybe if more of us joined and contributed, the truth of the SRX's quality will shake itself out.

Like it or not, people are starting to use that site to form their opinions on reliability, so we might as well put our inputs in so it's at least accurate.

Just saying.