: I'll be "Cruising" nonstop for a week...

Lord Cadillac
11-17-06, 04:35 AM
Well.. My job gave me a nice gift for the 8 years I've been working for them. And yes, of course, I'll have internet access and I'll be here - probably more often than I'm here now.. This is my first week off from work in years... I'll be leaving Sunday... It's the Carnival Valor...

Lord Cadillac
11-17-06, 04:36 AM
They hooked me up with a pretty nice room that has a balcony...

Jesda
11-17-06, 04:39 AM
NIIIIIIIIICE!!! We're fully expecting you to go nuts with a digicam and share the fun.

Lord Cadillac
11-17-06, 04:48 AM
Heck, I have to remind Danielle to bring the digital camera.. She has me bringing a video camera.. I have my cell phone - which takes decent pictures in light.. I really have to remember to bring that camera.

The fitness center is supposed to be great. Free weights and all.. It should be interesting working out on the water. I'm sure I'll be gaining 10lbs - of fat - on this cruise...

We need to have a CadillacOwners.com cruise...

clasione
11-17-06, 05:54 AM
wow - That is really great --- You deserve it...... Enjoy!

CIWS
11-17-06, 06:26 AM
Congrats Sal, try and have a great time and remember "Don't drink the Water" ;)

urbanski
11-17-06, 06:32 AM
and DONT spend time here on vacation!!! holy crap enjoy the hot tub or something :p and dont gamble away the forum either :D

Boombotz
11-17-06, 09:12 AM
Sal we don't want to see you on here.
Enjoy it. Have the time of your life with Danielle.
We got you covered here.
Have a great time. :thumbsup:

codewize
11-17-06, 09:14 AM
You can't get over on me. That cutaway image is a Royal Caribbean ship. If I'm not mistaken it's a Voyager class ship.

Enjoy man. There's no way to not have a good time on a cruise.

P-Funk
11-17-06, 09:24 AM
Wow, that's awesome. Congrats man! Have fun and stay off the internet, there's too much other fun stuff to do.

xxpinballxx
11-17-06, 09:52 AM
Looks like a hell of a good time.....
Again I'm sure we all hope you have the best time and don't waste it here on the forum it aint going nowhere!
That doesn't mean you cant spread the good word about the site.....

Elvis
11-17-06, 09:59 AM
NIIIIIIIIICE!!! We're fully expecting you to go nuts with a digicam and share the fun.

:yeah:

nickc50310
11-17-06, 10:51 AM
Heck, I have to remind Danielle to bring the digital camera.. She has me bringing a video camera.. I have my cell phone - which takes decent pictures in light.. I really have to remember to bring that camera.

The fitness center is supposed to be great. Free weights and all.. It should be interesting working out on the water. I'm sure I'll be gaining 10lbs - of fat - on this cruise...

We need to have a CadillacOwners.com cruise...

You buyin? HAHAHAHAHAH

Have fun on your cruise Sal! Dominate lots of food and booze for me! You better not be liftin on your cruise, its a vacation damnit!

Cutter
11-17-06, 01:18 PM
Bon-voyage... don't rock the boat.. Ship looks awsome,, enjoy

CadillacGurl
11-17-06, 01:26 PM
No internet! Have fun! The places that you're going to are awesome! Go scuba diving in St. Maarten! I reccomend it! :thumbsup:

LittleB
11-17-06, 01:31 PM
Oh that's so awesome Sal! You definitely deserve it. That looks amazing....

urbanski
11-17-06, 01:54 PM
i'm renaming this place "urbanskiforums.com" while hes gone

Lord Cadillac
11-17-06, 02:09 PM
...ya see why I need to stick around? :p

Elvis
11-17-06, 02:23 PM
Urbansky OWNERS forums.

He'll get owned on a regular basis with Sal out of the way... :stirpot:

codewize
11-17-06, 10:11 PM
Sal, in St Martin, take a taxi to Orient Beach. Don't miss this it's rated one of the top ten beaches in the world I just got back form there. It's $8 per person and about 15 - 20 minutes each way. Ask for a driver named Julian Lake taxi # 100 Or call him ahead of time at 599-522-9962

Oh and it's a full nude beach also :) on the Club Orient side. You don't HAVE to be nude so you can enjoy at your leisure. The other half is topless since your in a French territory.

Lady Danielle
11-17-06, 10:23 PM
top what....less

SpeedyArizona
11-17-06, 11:05 PM
Enjoy Sal & Danielle, you'll have a fabulous time:D. Make sure and participate in all the activities, the only people who don't enjoy cruises are those who sit in their room and watch tv all day. I love cruising since it really is "all-inclusive", it's like a floating mini Vegas. Shows, food, drinks, gambling; it's all great!

The only I problem I have on cruises is completely shutting off my cell phone, Blackberry, and laptop. Every time I go on vacation my job seems to follow. I could be up at 2 in the morning sorting documents, DON'T BE LIKE ME:D.

But have a great time...I'm sure you will;).

Florian
11-17-06, 11:43 PM
go bang the wheels off your gal...thats what cruises are for. In fact, the title of the thread should be "Ill be oozing for a week"

F

gary88
11-18-06, 03:06 AM
Enjoy yourselves :highfive:

addison_ii
11-18-06, 03:25 AM
Have fun Sal. Get some sun and fresh air. Oh and did I say Have fun!! See you when you get back.

CIWS
11-18-06, 08:28 AM
Have either of you guys been on a cruise before and or out on ship on the ocean ? (thank goodness it's towards the end of hurricane season)

codewize
11-18-06, 04:23 PM
Ahh this isn't like a military ship. Until you get to 25 or 30ft swells, you don't even know you're on the water unless you happen to be quartering on the waves.

Cruise ships are very well equipped to smooth the waves and they will do everything they can to totally avoid the bad weather.

BUT if either of you feel like you can't take the motion take Bonine. It will make you less sleepier than Dramamine. Start with like a 1/2 a pill. That usually does it.

Try to plan the days in advance. Don't waste half your day figuring out what to do.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-18-06, 04:32 PM
That looks like so much fun! I've had a love for big ships since I was about 10!

urbanski
11-18-06, 04:32 PM
ginger pills!!! anti-motion sickness and aphrodisiac........
:highfive:

CadillacGurl
11-18-06, 07:10 PM
I recommend Dramamine for the first couple of days. They have the patches you can put behind your ears if you don't like taking the pills. Take pictures for all of us!

dp102288
11-18-06, 10:34 PM
Enjoy it man. Gain some weight, have some sex(!), get drunk, etc...

We will expect a full report upon your return. Hopefully the board won't have gone to hell!

codewize
11-19-06, 12:22 AM
Dramamine is more of a sleep agent, although it does work it also makes you very tired where Bonine is a little less of a sleep agent and will make you less drowsy

Ginger is the ONLY natural substance proven to prevent motion sickness

I recommend Dramamine for the first couple of days. They have the patches you can put behind your ears if you don't like taking the pills. Take pictures for all of us!

Lady Danielle
11-19-06, 10:48 AM
Im going to buy some ginger or Bonnie what ever I can find....I only have an hour to find one here in Miami??? This is our first cruise and I want to prevent and plan.....Thanks guys

codewize
11-19-06, 11:54 AM
Enjoy, if you haven't left already. Have a great time. Those items can also be had on-board so don't panic if you can't get them in Miami.

CIWS
11-19-06, 01:07 PM
The last time someone took Ginger with them on a cruise, they ended up getting shipwrecked on a deserted island for years !!!

urbanski
11-19-06, 01:13 PM
:rolleyes:

:p

xxpinballxx
11-19-06, 03:26 PM
I gotta say from boating my whole life and being on different boats.....I really don't feel anything on a cruise liner unless im at the front or back of the ship on deck. In the rooms and the middle of the ship I feel like its still docked. Same goes for speedboats....my uncle had a scarab growing up down in SC and at high speeds no problem but when it was going slow or at idle speeds it was like someone made made me drink old milk and threw me in a dryer for a cycle or two....

codewize
11-19-06, 04:26 PM
Very cleaver. I didn't even see that coming.

The last time someone took Ginger with them on a cruise, they ended up getting shipwrecked on a deserted island for years !!!

xxpinballxx
11-19-06, 06:28 PM
LOL! That was the best line I have heard in a long time.....Kudos my friend.....
thats freakin' great! Like you code never even seen that angle.

CIWS
11-19-06, 08:02 PM

Cheap joke, sure. But you take the shot when you have it :)

dp102288
11-19-06, 09:36 PM
CIWS, nice line. Damn Ginger was hot. I would have had her over Mary Ann. :drool:

What a great similey!

Lady Danielle
11-20-06, 04:53 PM
Its me..on the boat! So I have felt the boat, not to sick. Wouldn't do this again. Cant believe I have 6 days left of this. And I am on ginger every day! Hope you guys are enjoying the stable land for me :(

CadillacGurl
11-20-06, 05:27 PM
Enjoy the cruise, stay off the internet gamble party!!

CIWS
11-20-06, 05:32 PM
Its me..on the boat! So I have felt the boat, not to sick. Wouldn't do this again. Cant believe I have 6 days left of this. And I am on ginger every day! Hope you guys are enjoying the stable land for me :(

It's possible you will gain your "Sea Legs" and the effects will minimize. Just depends upon the individual and how quickly it occurs.

gdwriter
11-20-06, 05:39 PM
Damn, and I thought Vegas was glitzy. That ship makes Vegas look downright understated.

OK, I'm mostly just jealous. The graphic designer at my office is leaving on yet another cruise in January, and I'm sure she'll become extremely annoying about it before long.

But I have a secret weapon: whenever she brings up her cruise, I start singing the theme to The Love Boat. Love...exciting and new...come aboard...we're expecting you...

Sal, Danielle, have a great time. Watch out for icebergs.

AlBundy
11-20-06, 06:29 PM
Have a great time both of you. Sal don't drink too much you know women really hate drunk men.

codewize
11-20-06, 06:34 PM
Don't be discouraged the first day. You may get sea legs as mentioned. You may also be experiencing unusually rough seas.

Also cruising isn't for everyone. Some people just don't like it.

Enjoy and relax. Also know that the ship you're on isn't that big in the grand scheme of ships.

dp102288
11-20-06, 11:08 PM
:yeah: abut the sea legs. I went on a cruise last year, and the first day was uncomfortable. After I woke up the next day, everything was so great! Enjoy it and thanks for stopping by while out at sea!!

Florian
11-20-06, 11:19 PM
forget about "sea legs" give Sal a set of "jelly legs"

F

Lady Danielle
11-28-06, 06:50 AM
Heres my synapsis of "The Cruise" I would do it agoian only if it was shorter and at port more often..also the thing that helped the most for my motion sickness the "whole" time was the accupressure bands, although they felt like they were still on after I was home for a day. All in all is was alright...Sal had a ball. Wish you guys were there!

CIWS
11-28-06, 07:45 AM
I was wondering how things worked out with the motion sickness, glad you found a way to make it tollerable. :) Pics look nice and sounds like ya'll had a good enough time.

Me personally, I think I've already got enough memories of being/living on a ship on the ocean to last a lifetime. ;)

Side Question - Isn't it getting close to time for your minor surgery ?

Lady Danielle
11-28-06, 08:12 AM
yup...soon....im having second thoughts....maybe if the Dr wasn't such a butt hole I would feel better. about 2-3 weeks ago I call the surgon all day..he doesnt return my call so I call him after hours. I ask him what I can do in the meantime..I was having severe discomfort. He says"thats not due to the mass, has nothing to do with the mass, sorry cant give you drugs". I was upset and mad! I went into his office saying I had painunder mass, he explains its lying on muscles and such, so he wants to remove it. I hate meds..never once asked him for meds..I said " whats best hot or cold, should I take an advil? I spoke with a doctor that said the surgon was a a hole and im having spasms under mass, I cant get under it to stimulate it, so by removing it will help a bit...then I work on the muscle. What an ass! He was just pissed cause I called him after hours and I told him I called himm all day so now im calling after hours. ass! I eneded the conversation with nevermind ill go to the hospital and see you for surgery. Im not sure insurance wise how it works...im gonna call and see what I can do maybe see another dr.

dp102288
11-28-06, 09:59 AM
Glad you both are back safely and you guys enjoyed it! Nice pics. :thumbsup:

CIWS
11-28-06, 10:17 AM
yup...soon....im having second thoughts....maybe if the Dr wasn't such a butt hole I would feel better.

It certainly always help to have a Dr you have some satifaction with vs dealing with some of the azzzzes out there. My stepmother just went through a similar situation with her breast cancer and surgery. First doc she dealt with was a bit of an azzz and she didn't care for his bedside manner, especially since he was going to be cutting on her. She decided to do some investigation and asking around and ended up finding a different Dr./surgeon to go to. I think this has paid off not only in the care she's received, but also giving her a greater peace of mind with the overall situation and the mastectomy. It never hurts to look and ask around in medical circumstances.

urbanski
11-28-06, 12:52 PM
dangit you 2 call me tonite :(

codewize
11-28-06, 05:28 PM
WELCOME BACK! :bouncy:

This may be a sickness know as OCCD (Obsessive Compulsive Cruise Disorder) but I can name those islands just from the pics.

I'm glad you had a good time. The pic while sailing looks like some rougher seas. Probably 12' - 16' swells. It's definitely an experience and the way to go for most people who want to get the most for their money.

Any good pics of the ship? I've never been on a Carnival ship before.

Lady Danielle
11-28-06, 05:37 PM
If you look in the begining of the thread sal posted some more..