: crazy people

madooch
11-16-06, 03:09 PM
so i am driving to work today and i pass the best buy and i see tents set up and a crowd of people hanging out now mind u it is 6 oclock in the morning this nut jobs are camping out and waiting for the new ps3 that is comming in on friday been camping out for two days now dont people have jobs or anything better to do with there lives:cookoo: .

jonnyd
11-16-06, 03:29 PM
so i am driving to work today and i pass the best buy and i see tents set up and a crowd of people hanging out now mind u it is 6 oclock in the morning this nut jobs are camping out and waiting for the new ps3 that is comming in on friday been camping out for two days now dont people have jobs or anything better to do with there lives:cookoo: .

HAHAHAHAHA I took my laptop in today to get fixed at bestbuy....hahaha people with tents were there too!!!! I was like wtf....they probably plan to get a week off a year in advance lol... I was talking to the guy...at our local best buy here...people started camping out on tuesday at 11 am!!! and still there today!?!?!? I think I have better things to do hehehe....although buy for 600 and sell for 2,000????? GOOD PROFIT!!! no wonder why leading countries are taking jobs away from our market....for people not to work and stand in line to get a damn PS3!!

ChicagoCTS32
11-16-06, 03:31 PM
I went to lunch near a best buy and there are about 75 or 100 people camped out in front of it. I'm not sure how many this particular store is guaranteed, but I know the 2 stores in the quad cities where my parents live are each guaranteed 20 units. I figure these stores up here are in a much bigger area so they will get more, but I can't figure them getting more than 50 or 60. There are going to be a lot of people pssed off on friday morning!

I was watching an ebay auction earlier today for a PS3 and it went for $4050 for the unit 1 game and an extra controller. That's a pretty solid investment.

Rey Rey 650
11-16-06, 03:43 PM
I agree! Am I missing something here??? Are the people waiting just trying to make money? I can understand that

ChicagoCTS32
11-17-06, 12:32 PM
Did anybody see the PS3 auction that stopped at $89,000,100.00 this morning? They took it down recently. The bidding actually went all the way up to $99,999,999.00 and then dropped down to $89 mil. I wonder what happened.

LittleB
11-17-06, 12:34 PM
Whoa whoa whoa.....how in the HELL is a PS3 worth that much?!?!?

CadillacGurl
11-17-06, 12:38 PM
Holy crap! PS3 are getting way outta hand... I'm just gonan wait until after christmas to get one then they'll be on sale haha.

LittleB
11-17-06, 12:43 PM
Yeah can someone explain because I am confused. How could a PS3 ever be worth that much?!

CadillacGurl
11-17-06, 12:50 PM
People want it and they'll do anything to get one... even if they that means paying $89 million dollars... could you think of all the things you could buy with that amount of money?!

ChicagoCTS32
11-17-06, 12:52 PM
Most of them are going for $3000 - $4000. One went this morning for $9000, and a few with games and junk for over $10,000. It's all supply and demand. I really have no idea what happened with that $89 mil one, but I'm very curious.

LittleB
11-17-06, 12:52 PM
That just seems outrageous. What these people would rather spend that amount of money instead of having some patience? I am not good at being patient but still....So is the PS3 not even out yet or something? Or are they just sold out everywhere?

Rey Rey 650
11-17-06, 12:53 PM
Did anybody see the PS3 auction that stopped at $89,000,100.00 this morning? They took it down recently. The bidding actually went all the way up to $99,999,999.00 and then dropped down to $89 mil. I wonder what happened.

Nahhh People had to be messing with the seller....Hmmmm Lets all bid on one and see how high we can get it... Peyaaaaahhhhhh!

CadillacGurl
11-17-06, 12:55 PM
Thats what I was thinking at first...

ChicagoCTS32
11-17-06, 01:52 PM
That just seems outrageous. What these people would rather spend that amount of money instead of having some patience? I am not good at being patient but still....So is the PS3 not even out yet or something? Or are they just sold out everywhere?
They released 400,000 in the US and 2 million worldwide. The US release was today, the japan release was 80,000 units and they sold out in seconds with some people getting trampled.

Here's a couple of fun stories.

A group of people were waiting outside of a store and some robbers came up to steal their money. Someone got shot.

In Wisconsin, this wal-mart had 10 units, the store manager came out with 10 chairs and told them whoever got to the chairs first got the units. Some kid whacked his head on a pole and got sent to the hospital.

Rey Rey 650
11-17-06, 01:59 PM
A group of people were waiting outside of a store and some robbers came up to steal their money. Someone got shot.

Yup, the guy probably thought that just because there was a lot of people, the gunman were bluffin....Guess not:food-snacking:

JRau
11-17-06, 02:04 PM
I personally have never been hooked on those types of toys. It is just plain stupid to be this addicted to a computer toy. If I did like these things, I'd wait till the newness wore off and they were readily available.

However, for the entrepreneurs who are making big bucks off of resales, gotta love American ingenuity, eh?

JRau in central Iowa

Benzilla
11-17-06, 04:40 PM
Exactly, I'll get one later, when they come out with a game I REALLY want for it, probably the next Grand Theft Auto. I don't give a rat's ass about it right now, all the games suck, people want it just to have it.

CadillacGurl
11-17-06, 04:47 PM
Uhhh how much do they cost from Best Buy... I'm seeing $499-$599... its amusing how on Ebay they're selling over a $1,000

dp102288
11-18-06, 08:54 PM
On Craigslist, I see them for an easy $3,000. Its a shame, people who actually want one to play have such a little chance to get one for a decent price. These "flippers" are jacking up the $$$. Yeah easy money, but is it fair? I dunno.

Camp out for any game system...you must be smoking.