: will this change your mind on SRT 4????

jonnyd
11-14-06, 04:32 PM
all I have to say is HOLY SH*T!!!! :bang2: Dont forget this is FWD!!!!!!

http://media.putfile.com/Darryl-Cox-79 (http://media.putfile.com/Darryl-Cox-79)

DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!

Make sure you guys look at the time and speed!!!!!

gothicaleigh
11-14-06, 04:44 PM
will this change your mind on SRT 4????

Nope. :gothicaleigh:

Anything can be fast. Takes more than that to be a nice car though.

xxpinballxx
11-14-06, 04:44 PM
wont change my mind about stock right of the line srt-4's.

codewize
11-14-06, 05:13 PM
I'll take a V over that any day of the week. I hate Dodge

Rolex
11-14-06, 05:34 PM
No. That's hardly an SRT 4. I'd call that a built race car that shares ZERO parts with it's namesake.

CIWS
11-14-06, 05:38 PM
Nope. :gothicaleigh:

Anything can be fast. Takes more than that to be a nice car though.

:word:

Spyder
11-14-06, 05:40 PM
Yeeup. Agree with everyone above me...not a real car...

turbojimmy
11-14-06, 06:03 PM
That's like calling John Force's car a "Mustang".

At the track, without exception, the SRT-4s are piloted by loud-mouthed, smack-talking punks. And they're slow. There is one that traps around 115, which still isn't anything to write home about but it's respectable. I've never talked to the guy, he might be the exception.

One kid had a carbon fiber hood but since they don't sell carbon fiber fenders he painted the fenders on his new SRT-4 primer black. He had let all but 2 PSI out of his tires and was racing around the pits like an idiot. Then he loudly makes fun of the fact that I have a reducer from my turbo to my front mount intercooler (2.5" out of the turbo, 3" into the intercooler). Nevermind the fact that his entire turbo would fit in the inlet side of mine. A couple of mid-11 second runs compared to his low-15s shut him up.

Then there's the thread over on my Turbobuick board. One of the GN guys posted about how killed an SRT-4. The SRT-4 owner found the thread and talked smack for months. The Buick owner agreed to run him, but not in the GN - in his 455 powered wagon. If he beat the wagon he could have a crack at the GN. A few weeks ago the race finally went down and the kid in the Peon got demolished by the wagon. He disappeared for a while but he finally grew a pair and posted back in the thread - with a bunch of excuses.

I hate to condemn an entire group of drivers, but I haven't had a lot of good experiences with SRT-4 owners to date.

Jim

Rolex
11-14-06, 06:32 PM
- with a bunch of excuses.

I wasn't making excuses man! I had water in my fuel tank or otherwise I would have left that wagon in my dust. My SRT run's low 12s don't ya know. :rolleyes: :p

jonnyd
11-14-06, 06:33 PM
OF course this is still a skittle:histeric: ....but that is freakin fast!!!!!

turbojimmy
11-14-06, 06:47 PM
I wasn't making excuses man! I had water in my fuel tank or otherwise I would have left that wagon in my dust. My SRT run's low 12s don't ya know. :rolleyes: :p

His list of mods is impressive - it should be a pretty quick car. But mod lists don't win races. You have to get it all working right at all at the same time, which is half the battle. He hasn't succeeded in that regard - yet. There's going to be a re-match against the GN in the spring.

Jim

Slywun
11-14-06, 08:41 PM
Kinda reminds me of....

http://www.leenetonline.com/~sigod/shelby/mirrors/page5/sc95109.htm

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-14-06, 10:05 PM
The only good thing about SRT-4 owners is they drive american. Other than that they're your typical ricer, loud, obnoxious, and rude.

davesdeville
11-15-06, 01:31 AM
Most of the skittle pilots I've talked to here are pretty cool. There are a couple 500+ whp running around.

OffThaHorseCEO
11-15-06, 02:26 AM
:word:

haha whats the command for this smilie?

dp102288
11-15-06, 10:18 AM
:word : Just make sure there is no extra spaces.

Yeah, it fast, for a race car modded to hell.

EcSTSatic
11-15-06, 10:23 AM
The only good thing about SRT-4 owners is they drive american. Other than that they're your typical ricer, loud, obnoxious, and rude.

Is it really American if Dodge is owned by Mercedes i.e. Daimler-Chrysler (http://www.daimlerchrysler.com/)?

90Brougham350
11-15-06, 10:38 AM
That's not an SRT-4. If I modded my Brougham that much it would be a funny car. I've never met any SRT-4 drivers, but I've seen them at Car Craft. They all park right next to eachother, I suppose for strength in numbers. Never see them driving around during the event, that's better left to old Mopars and GMs with 600 RWHP. I don't know why they even show up.