: Some people need to learn how to drive...

Krashed989
11-13-06, 04:47 PM
Okay so I was going my usual route to college, and down some backstreet shortcuts. It was drizzling so the pavement was wet. As I'm traveling, I'm about to pass this gas station (on my right) and I see a guy in a silver early 90's ford f150 pull up to make a turn to go in the opposite direction. Well as I look at him, I see he's only looking the other way and not my way. He starts to pull out INTO MY LANE ABOUT 10 FEET IN FRONT OF ME!! I immediately know that if I slam on my brakes I will not stop in time, so instead I gas it into the oncomming lane and honk my horn obnoxiously to try to get him to notice that he f-ed up. Looking ahead as I'm directly in front of him, I see that there are cars coming my way about 40ft up. I ended up basically drifting back into my lane, tires screeching and everything. Ohh man, I was so pissed afterwards. I know he had to have come within inches of hitting me. I was thinking about parking it and bitching at him for it, but I thought better of it and drove off while flipping him the bird instead...

xxpinballxx
11-13-06, 04:50 PM
SOme people just shouldn't have licenses...and you know the bad thing about it....to the people coming at you in the other lane they think YOU are the ass on the road!

JRau
11-13-06, 05:00 PM
Glad you weren't hurt. These days, though, with all the road rage, it's probably good you just let it go. You never know what the bonehead has in his car....

JRau in central Iowa

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-13-06, 05:17 PM
Yeah, I've been in situations like that, glad to hear you're ok!

Murphyg
11-13-06, 10:35 PM
:yeah:
Every post

CadillacGurl
11-13-06, 10:43 PM
I hate *******s like that I'm glad you're ok... stupid stupid idiots

danbuc
11-14-06, 01:08 AM
Had that happen to me a while back. Guy was pulling out of a parking lot, getting ready to cross four lanes of traffic. I see him looking the other way thinking to myself, "There's less than 200ft or so between this guy and me. I'm going 40mph, and he's in an Expedition. There is no way in hell he could be stupid enough to try and make it across four lanes." I thought wrong. He look right, and goes for it. Myself, and about 10 cars behind me all locked up our brake one after another as this guy cut across every lane going about 8 mph. Never looked left once.

I had some tool in a Catera lock his brake up in front of me at 60mph on a two lane road in the middle of traffic, because he though no one should have the right to drive faster than him. When I say locked up, I don't mean the usual brake check that some *****s have a tendency to do......there was smoke coming from his tires....not to mention the fact he had the nerve to do it twice...with about 100plus cars following close behind me in rush hour traffic. He finally got the point when I decide to just turn the high beams on, lay on the horn, and give him the finger out the window for as long as it took. If I recall correctly, it was about two minutes before he finally gave up and move out of the damn way. Luckily for me, his d/s window just happen to be open as I rolled past him, and he got a few choice pieces of my mind yelled right in his face.

"SOme people just shouldn't have licenses...and you know the bad thing about it....to the people coming at you in the other lane they think YOU are the ass on the road!"

That's exactly why I keep a police baton stashed in the little gap next to my CD changer under the first center console lid. It hasn't seen the light of day since I put it in there, and I hope it never will. It's more or less a worst case scenario type thing. I've had people get out of there cars and yell at me. Most of the time I tell them to "F**K OFF!" and drive away, leaving them standing in the middle of the road like an idiot. I'll say this much though, if someone ever tries to drag me out of my car...I know right where my right hand is reaching.

cadillacdrvr8692
11-14-06, 01:29 AM
yeah i think when they give you the DL test at the dmv...the last question should be "if yew stewpid pleez chek this box" then it would automatically fail them thus preventing a retard on the road!:D

Spyder
11-14-06, 02:42 AM
I just think that no one except for ME should have access to a vehicle. IIIIIIII should be the only one who can drive on these roads. They're mine, anyways. I pay taxes on them. I can do whatever the hell I want and everyone else better just get the HELL out of my way.

That is all.

Krashed989
11-14-06, 03:18 AM
yeah i think when they give you the DL test at the dmv...the last question should be "if yew stewpid pleez chek this box" then it would automatically fail them thus preventing a retard on the road!:D

LMAO That's an awesome idea! Hahahaha!

I should actually keep a weapon of some sort in my car... all of my potential weapons are in my trunk though (Random tools, a tire iron, a couple prybars, and a hammer)... Which reminds me I completely forgot to put my spare tire back in there today before I went to college, so I'm lucky that I didn't get a flat, let alone crash. LOL... I've had such bad luck with tires on this car it's crazy. This is the 4th set in 3 years that I'm on right now. And no I don't burn out. I used to but ever since my first crash I stopped. Me and my friends were filming everybody doing stupid stuff with their cars (burning out, drifting corners and stuff like that). Well my day comes up and I'm out having fun driving my baby HARD on this old airport that was closed down in like the 60's (pretty much nobody drives over there so I wasn't putting anyone else in danger). I was actually drifting corners with her, slamming on the E-brake PEDAL to make the rear end slide. Then as I was making one final run, I make the approach perfectly then go into the left turn drift perfectly. I was completely in control of the drift untill POW! My front passenger side tire popped, well actually it popped the bead on it. I knew that tire was low on air the day before even, but I forgot about it. Well after the tire blew, I lost control. The front end started to drag too much and I ended up going nose first against the embankment on the inside corner. Then the car spun around to where I was facing the direction I came from... The front bumper was totally broken and ripped, and the tire was popped, but surprisingly that was all the damage. I felt so bad that I hurt her so much.... I was 16 then, so that was 3 years ago. Since then I have replaced the bumper (still needs to be painted). After that I never drove like that again. But it taught me her limits, and I think the experience actually made me a better driver today than I would've been if I didn't go through that.

Hmmm, I think bud light makes me too talkative... LOL :alchi:

Anyways, here's her when I was working on a coolant leak last week. The leak is fixed, but you can see that bumper that needs to be painted.. LOL
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c296/Krashed989/100_0915.jpg

Rolex
11-14-06, 08:28 AM
Glad to hear you weren't hurt. Crap like that is one of the BIG reasons i put 135 dB air horns behind the grill of my Escalade. When I honk....I want to be HEARD. :lildevil: :D

dp102288
11-14-06, 10:47 AM
I hate bad drivers. Then when you horn at them they get all pissed because you are honking at them! WTF? You effed up and i am letting you know. Too bad you are a dumbass and I am letting the whole block know.

Glad you are alright and the car is ok too. And they say school is a good thing! Almost got you hurt! :D

P-Funk
11-14-06, 05:36 PM
I hate bad drivers. Then when you horn at them they get all pissed because you are honking at them! WTF?

That happens all of the time. People turn left from a straight only lane and cut off the people in the turn lane. When they get honked at, they get all pissed off as if the people in the turn lane were in the wrong. :rant2: It's times like that I wish I was in a piece of junk car and just give them a good dent in their rear quarter panel to stop them from doing that again.

Murphyg
11-14-06, 06:13 PM
Ive always wondered ??

Say ya get into it with another driver and you are both stopped, or have pulled over and your in front of him.

Im thinkin that if your to get out of your vehicle fast enough before the other guy, and your holding something like a mini sledge. Chances are hes going to stay where he is.
Which would be perfect.

Cause as your walking to his vehicle you stop at the front of it; and before he knows whats happening you slam his front bummper with your sledge/or whatever.

Would that not cause his air bag to deploy ?????

Because if it would it would be hilarious.
By the time hes peeled his lips of his teeth and pressed his face back out from his skull you could be long gone.

Wouldnt know what the hell had hit him. Wouldnt have a clue what had happened LMAO

Ya think that would work ? LOL ?

Krashed989
11-14-06, 08:12 PM
That would be cool, but you would have to hit the exact spot that the airbag sensor is... Could be hard to find...

AlBundy
11-14-06, 08:23 PM
Yea that'll be cool if you don't get run-over first.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-14-06, 10:03 PM
That's exactly why I keep a police baton stashed in the little gap next to my CD changer under the first center console lid. It hasn't seen the light of day since I put it in there, and I hope it never will. It's more or less a worst case scenario type thing.

Agreed. A weapon should be kept in your car as a defence mechanism, not something to brandish around to look tough, or something to start a fight with. Absolutly only the last resort. Which reminds me, I should pick up a switchblade sometime and stash it under my seat or keep a baseball bat in my trunk...just in case. I've never been in any sort of a stressful situation in a vehicle, but when I'm in a tight spot, almost in an accident brought on by somebody's stupidity or carelessness, I just lay on the horn and pass them as soon as possible. It's like saying "hey you're a dumbass, I'm leaving!"

dp102288
11-15-06, 10:02 AM
I hate to say it, but I keep a blade with me at all times. I don't trust others. It pisses me off that I have to act like that, but that is life today.

I would love to sledge someone's car and have their airbag explode! But it would be too damn funny for me, that I probably wouldn't get away in time! :D

Murphyg
11-15-06, 07:00 PM
I dont know if this is real or not.
Just a purse ????
Also doesnt quite look like the bag had much force. But Ive never seen one deploy so dont know.
Also always thought that they immediatally deflated too.
Maybe someone else can tell.

Either way its preety funny

BAwoZMc7JnA

codewize
11-15-06, 07:15 PM
Half the people in cars shouldn't have a license. You did the right thing by letting it go.

I'm glad that you and the car are OK

Leeb
11-16-06, 07:53 AM
Agreed. A weapon should be kept in your car as a defence mechanism, not something to brandish around to look tough, or something to start a fight with. Absolutly only the last resort. Which reminds me, I should pick up a switchblade sometime and stash it under my seat or keep a baseball bat in my trunk...just in case. I've never been in any sort of a stressful situation in a vehicle, but when I'm in a tight spot, almost in an accident brought on by somebody's stupidity or carelessness, I just lay on the horn and pass them as soon as possible. It's like saying "hey you're a dumbass, I'm leaving!"

You might want to rethink that one....

Can we say 'concealed weapon'?:eek:
NAGO....:tisk:

dp102288
11-16-06, 10:57 AM
That vid was great! :rofl:

Murphyg
11-16-06, 06:39 PM
You might want to rethink that one....

Can we say 'concealed weapon'?:eek:
NAGO....:tisk:

Here you there Leeb.
I remember when I was a child and had always wondered why my Father had a tire iron under his seat.
I finally asked him about it one day.
He explained to me that carrying a weapon was illegal. But seein as how the iron is for the car he could get away with it.
Is alot easier to explain why a tire iron is under the seat than to explain a billy club or blade.
(ya had a flat and changed the tire the other day and tossed it there. Forgot all about it)

Even though that was almost 30 years ago in BC, he was brought up in Montreal and I guess old habits die hard.

That vid was great! :rofl:

Aint that somethin eh !
It almost has me tempted to try it LOL

Krashed989
11-16-06, 06:50 PM
My dad told me a story of one time when he was in his 20's. He was driving in the Ghetto parts of a city (forget which one he said, lol.) and when he stopped at a stoplight some guy ran up next to his car and was trying to get in. My dads immediate reaction was to reach under his seat as if he had something there (he didn't) but as soon as the guy saw him doing that he took off like a bat out of hell.

Moral of the story; It can happen to you! Bluffing works sometimes... but when it doesn't work, you'd be better off having a weapon... lol

dp102288
11-18-06, 09:19 PM
^^ I would have took off! To hell with bluff. Run the stop light, throw it in reverse, whatever!

But a good idea nonetheless!