: A taste of my own medicine?

Stoneage_Caddy
11-13-06, 11:40 AM
I remeber awhile back my little brother asked me about what he should do for his first job.

Now , Ive been around that block a few times. I got a real good idea on what empoyers are looking for. Coarse im pretty big on education too. So i told him , "you should really give mcdonalds some thought". I have a strange theroy. Nowadays with the job market so robust employers can really ask for the world. The biggie is experence with management. Mcdonalds is one of those few folks that hires people to turn them into managers. So you can get your managers eduscation and experence and get paid to do it.

So i was sittin here one night drinkin up a storm ....And i guess filled out and app to mcdonalds.....

Ill be dammned if the bastards called and wanted to turn me into a manager for them ....

I go in today at 3 for an interview ...but i just dont think i got the balls to put on a mcdonalds uniform....Let alone be seen there ....Ims acred shitless about the thought of slinging big macs for a living and the image that goes with it ....It just aint me...

But then again , the education would be hard to beat and the money aint bad , and its probably pretty stable there ....But i know ill hate it ....

What yall think ...

railven
11-13-06, 11:43 AM
You need to start somewhere...

I started at a local pizza place and the skills I learned from multi-tasking led me from Apron to Lab coat as my organizational skills landed me a Cyto-Tech job at the hospital I work at.

Bling is bling man, need to get your foot in the door one way or another.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-13-06, 11:50 AM
Hey just think stoney, Mcdonalds may not be the most impressive environment to work in, but it's stable work, and it would be real hard to get fired there. It'll do for now until you can move on.

railven
11-13-06, 11:55 AM
I heard its easy to steal from the cash registers too!

90Brougham350
11-13-06, 11:58 AM
Pride is the root of all 7 deadly sins. If you can work at McDonald's with a sense of pride in your work, there's nothing wrong with that. I'd say go for it. You may like it more than you're expecting.

railven
11-13-06, 11:59 AM
And there are usually tons of hot chicks going in and out, depending on your location that is, grabbing a quick bite to eat.

Stoneage_Caddy
11-13-06, 12:02 PM
lol ....yeah hot chicks wouldnt be bad ...

to go from having my own shop with 17 firetucks to flippin burgers ...its scary

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-13-06, 12:04 PM
So what would you be doing there? The entry level work or managerial type stuff?

Spyder
When it really comes down to it, work is work, when you need it to be. Go for it, make your money, get your experience, and run. Don't stick around doing it forever, but if you need a job now, you need a job now. Simple economics, eh?

Stoneage_Caddy
managerial

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-13-06, 12:08 PM
Ah see that ain't so bad at all. Atleast people will respect you when they come into the McD's..ya don't get much respect flippin burgers. You're the authority in there! Now go kick some ass!

90Brougham350
11-13-06, 12:11 PM
Management is still management. Whether you're commanding troops, running General Motors, or a McDonalds, you're still authority.

Stoneage_Caddy
11-13-06, 12:13 PM
commanding troops .....yeah .....bust out with some of my old school military stuff ....

codewize
11-13-06, 12:20 PM
I agree with I~LUV~Caddys8792. It's a good stable environment. Don't be to proud to take a good job, and by good I mean useful.

You know we have here in NY a small convenience store called Stewart's Shops. They're still family owned all over the northern part of NY. People discredit them the same way they do Mc D's.

I'll tell you what, I got to be decent friends with the manager here who has since gone on to be district manager.

She wanted me to take her place as manager and sometimes I wish I had. She works 60hr weeks, makes $72k yr with full benefits. The company matches 50% on the retirement fund. Both full time and part time get benefits.

After 15 years of service she'll retire with over a million dollars in the bank

How can you beet that. I was probably stupid not to take the work, if nothing else for the experience.

urbanski
11-13-06, 12:48 PM
i think you best stfu and git me some fries

railven
11-13-06, 12:51 PM
Hey you might be the manager they need to take them to the State Championship.

With your skills you guys can reclaim the burger crown, show those mofos at BK who's boss!

Stoneage_Caddy
11-13-06, 01:01 PM
hell yeah , ill train them to attack when they least expect it ....shock and awe .....burger joint style .....

Stoneage_Caddy
11-13-06, 01:02 PM

watch your tone , well stright spint in your fries , and you wont know becuse they always taste like crap anymore

railven
11-13-06, 01:05 PM
That would be a good promotions campaign. Allow burger place employees face off in a cook-out/triatholon kind of thing and see who serves the best food with the best service.

I'd buy a burger from the winner...if they served it to me on a hot female employee's nude body!

Stoneage_Caddy
11-13-06, 01:10 PM
brings new meaning to eating out

CIWS
11-13-06, 01:13 PM
One can never tell what experiences will give us some of our best times. You're not really doing anything right now, so why not give it a try ? You can certainly always say "to heck with this" and stop. Besides little kids love McD's and parents (read single mothers) take their kids to McD's all day long. :D

Florian
11-13-06, 01:13 PM

Stoney, Im not 100% satisfied with my meal and want my money back....
(obscure Fast Times quote)...
Oh, and all the MILF's youll be making happy. I can see stoneys office door: "Over 100 furburgers served!"

F

CIWS
11-13-06, 01:39 PM
Stoney, Im not 100% satisfied with my meal and want my money back....
(obscure Fast Times quote)...
F

Mr. You had better shut up before I kick 100% of your azzzzz !

(obscure Fast Times quote)... ;)

EcSTSatic
11-13-06, 01:43 PM
You want fries with that position?
Check out career opportunities there. Advancement, insurance, investment plan. It may not be so bad. Billions can't be wrong.

railven
11-13-06, 01:47 PM
Haha furburgers flipped...

Brett
11-13-06, 02:14 PM
Down here stoney....the best place to work yourself up through the ranks is Publix.....the promote the crap out of people that work hard.

Stoneage_Caddy
11-13-06, 02:20 PM
good point , think ill look into them also

Brett
11-13-06, 02:29 PM
all those assistant managers at every store make 70k plus bonuses. The Store Managers are over 200k. Some of them started out as baggers. One Benefit of being in the mortgage profession is you know what everybody makes. Ive done three loans for the guys that work in the one we live by.

Boombotz
11-13-06, 02:36 PM
Down here stoney....the best place to work yourself up through the ranks is Publix.....the promote the crap out of people that work hard.
Thats what I tried to tell him.

Boombotz
11-13-06, 02:39 PM
Someone told us that Publix don't hire fulltimers anymore. Just part time.
Also try Verizon or Brighthouse. They will pay for training and you start out in a decent salary.

Stoneage_Caddy
11-13-06, 04:07 PM
yeah im still workint he verizon angle , i have connections there and go in for testing wensday , thats really what im after ...

Just got back from that god damn humburger joint , they had no clue ...none at all , had to do 2 apps , then to learn that they werent hireing managment .....Just flippers ....or whatever they call the 16 year olds ....Im 25 , i have a damn degree , ive ran my own firetruck shop , me flip a god damn burger .....**** im come too damn fara nd done to much to be reduced to something like that ....id rather bag grocerys ....Im suprised after what i saw that they can get a damn big mac across the counter ...

Spyder
11-13-06, 04:13 PM
Soooo... ...I take that as a "No" to the burger job? :)

We should drink, stoney. It'd be fun tonight!

Stoneage_Caddy
11-13-06, 04:23 PM
i will be , but i have a date ....with a big mouth at 6 ...

a big mouth bass ....im going fishin ....with a few folks in the neborhood , gonna rattle more connections and see what i can find ....

but ill be back later prolly makeing anti mcdonalds posts in my normal drunken format

JRau
11-13-06, 04:49 PM
And there are usually tons of hot chicks going in and out, depending on your location that is, grabbing a quick bite to eat.

HA! Stoney, then you could grab a quick bite to eat, too! Buhahahaha. Git it like a big dog! :thumbsup:

Talk about some FRINGE benefits!! :histeric:

JRau in central Iowa

Destroyer
11-13-06, 05:33 PM
Would you like some cheese with that whine?.

Stoneage_Caddy
11-13-06, 05:33 PM
lol...............

OffThaHorseCEO
11-13-06, 07:54 PM
theres nothing wrong with any job

i always say, it doesnt matter what you do as long as you do it big

if you wanna flip burgers be the bvest burger flipper

if you wanna collect cans be the most efficient and best

and on and on, pride isnt always a fancy job with a huge salary

DILLIGAF
11-13-06, 08:31 PM
I know 2 people who were burger flipping (jokes) in HS.They both stuck with it,and they both own their own stores now.McDonalds is a great place to be because of the high employee turnover.My family made their money in the restaurant business.Nobody is too good to flip burgers, buss tables or wash dishes,it's hard honorabe work.Nuff said

Krashed989
11-13-06, 08:46 PM
Yeah stoney... any job is better than what I used to do... I used to be a service attendant at a local full service gas station... LOL... Yep I pumped gas. Now, THAT is a shitty job... No benifits, no promotions, just a dead end and minimum wage...

Stoneage_Caddy
11-13-06, 08:50 PM
I know 2 people who were burger flipping (jokes) in HS.They both stuck with it,and they both own their own stores now.McDonalds is a great place to be because of the high employee turnover.My family made their money in the restaurant business.Nobody is too good to flip burgers, buss tables or wash dishes,it's hard honorabe work.Nuff said

i agree , but at the same time it feels like id be going backwards ...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-13-06, 10:25 PM
Hey Stoney, with your experience with cars (and basically all motorized vehicles), have you ever given thought to becoming a Service Writer at a dealer? Heck, you could even be a runner if you had to. It's much better than working at McDonalds..atleast you still get to work around cars!

Stoneage_Caddy
11-13-06, 10:29 PM
i was a runner at a caddy dealer for awhile , made it 5 months then was promoted ..got a call one day about a job in firetrucks , went down for an interview ...the dealership found out what i was up to and fired me ...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-13-06, 10:31 PM
Well that's just bad luck on their part. How did they find out?

Stoneage_Caddy
11-13-06, 10:33 PM
the firetruck place called them for referance .....lost my job and the chance there simoltainously

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-13-06, 11:03 PM
That is a bitch, but I have to wonder why you put them down on your resume?

When I first started at the Chevy dealer, there were two girls working in detail. One of them was hot, one was not. I had been there about a week and the not hot one was fired. Turns out she was calling around to places looking for work while she was still punched in, and the manager overheard her and fired her on the spot.

Stoneage_Caddy
11-13-06, 11:06 PM
well you cant just have 6-12 months of unaccounted time on your resume ....

yeah i never actively look for work while im clocked in or anything ...thats kinda big on the wrong factor ...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-13-06, 11:08 PM
Yeah, it's just plain stupid really lol. As for the unaccounted time, you kinda got yourself stuck there. You can't quit that job so they can give you a good reference because the next job might fire you, and you can't say you didn't do anything for 6 months..

I remember you posting about that. Was that when you were working with that real hot secretary?

gdwriter
11-13-06, 11:12 PM
Sounds like this McDonald's you went to is a poorly run one. The quality of the franchisee makes a huge difference, both in terms of the service to customers and how they treat their employees.

A lady I work with, her son has been with McDonald's since he was 15. He's a store manager now and making good money. The franchise owners love him and treat him well.

Have you applied at Southwest Airlines for a ramp or baggage handling position? Competition for jobs there can be pretty fierce, but Southwest pays well and treats their employees great.

Lady Danielle
11-13-06, 11:13 PM
Your only 25 and you have to start some where! Its Money.....Then when you apply for a diifrent job your can say you have manager experience. Plus you get free food! and....you'll be the smartest one there....and im not sure when you posted this..haven't checked the last page of this thread...you could have already went to interview and they could have already given you an answe and Im going to stop right here.....

Stoneage_Caddy
11-13-06, 11:13 PM
well she was a chashier , and yes , shes still the hottest thing i ever seen ....shes gone now , something about finding her lost love in hawaii ...

Krashed989
11-13-06, 11:21 PM
....shes gone now , something about finding her lost love in hawaii ...

That's me!... :D

Stoneage_Caddy
11-13-06, 11:31 PM
lucky dog

urbanski
11-14-06, 06:22 AM
the firetruck place called them for referance .....lost my job and the chance there simoltainously

Just re-enlist and come work for me.

dp102288
11-14-06, 11:26 AM
Hey all leaders start somewhere. I would flip 1,000 burgers a day if it meant I would run the place a a couple of years. But I can understand since you have a degree. It would be hard for me too.

I think a mechanic job would suit you well. You are great with anything with wheels, we all know that. Plus it seems like you actually like working on wheeled things. Seriously, make some inquiries to dealerships and shops. A lot of places are hiring, but don't put out any signs or info about it. They just take someone if they are good.

Maybe I missed it, but what's your degree in again?

Stoneage_Caddy
11-14-06, 12:20 PM
Just re-enlist and come work for me.

ill send a pm your way , i acutally ended up at the recuriters place yeasterday but didnt go in ....plus im rather curious what you do ..

Stoneage_Caddy
11-14-06, 01:01 PM
Well tomorrow i have an interview with verizon , thursday its an interview at carmax ....

Ill give everything 2 weeks , then ill search for a military soloution ....

Kev
11-14-06, 01:11 PM
Well tomorrow i have an interview with verizon , thursday its an interview at carmax ....

Ill give everything 2 weeks , then ill search for a military soloution ....Ooh Rah!

Stoneage_Caddy
11-14-06, 01:23 PM
yup yup

davesdeville
11-15-06, 02:15 AM

Ill give everything 2 weeks , then ill search for a military soloution ....

Good luck Mike. :thumbsup:

EcSTSatic
11-15-06, 09:49 AM
I can't help it. I love these posters! No offense by it, I just saw the fries theme.

http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/potential.jpg

HITMONEY
11-15-06, 10:04 AM
What is it you wanna do Stoney?

That is the hard part to figure out. You are all over the map.. from Micky-D's to CarMax to Verizon to the military.

What is it you WANT to do?

What is your degree in?

I will do whatever I can to help ya out, I know allot of people in Tampa/St. Pete area in all kinds of fields.

Are you looking for job right now just to work, or are you carreer hunting?

dp102288
11-15-06, 10:16 AM
If I may ask, Verizon Communications, or Verizon Wireless?

Stoneage_Caddy
11-15-06, 04:33 PM

That is the hard part to figure out. You are all over the map.. from Micky-D's to CarMax to Verizon to the military.

What is it you WANT to do?

What is your degree in?

I will do whatever I can to help ya out, I know allot of people in Tampa/St. Pete area in all kinds of fields.

Are you looking for job right now just to work, or are you carreer hunting?

right now just a job , maybe a career , but im still doing the college thing so it cant be anything toooo serious ...I mean i want a full time job , i got a AA degree , and its mostly buisness management , and im singed up for a year of spanish becuse no college will accept me untill i can fluently speak a second langauge ...

The military is a thought becuae im scared of what will happen once im done with college , if its this damn hard just to get a job that pays 12 bucks an hour its gonna be murder to get a career somewhere ....

verizon didnt go so well today , 6 hours of testing , all went well , but the last test was "role playing" , where a simulated cutomer calls ...the system and eveything is real screwy , i failed it bad .....

HITMONEY
11-15-06, 05:11 PM
I would never make it in the structured work world. Never.

I will think about how I may be able to help.

Stoneage_Caddy
11-15-06, 05:25 PM
thankx hitmoney ....i appricate anything you can do ...

CIWS
11-15-06, 06:04 PM
verizon didnt go so well today , 6 hours of testing , all went well , but the last test was "role playing" , where a simulated cutomer calls ...the system and eveything is real screwy , i failed it bad .....

I can see it now, one of those Verizon Wireless commercials where they show all of the people "in the network" and there will be Stoney wearing his hardhat :D

Destroyer
11-15-06, 07:52 PM

I dont know about him but I wanna rock!:band:

Kev
11-15-06, 08:24 PM
I can see it now, one of those Verizon Wireless commercials where they show all of the people "in the network" and there will be Stoney wearing his hardhat :D

Unfortunately Stoney's place was absconded by another as seen below .......

disclaimer.. the below picture has been retouched and is no longer an official Verizon advertisement...

Stoneage_Caddy
11-15-06, 09:57 PM
it wont open lol ....damn the luck

Kev
11-15-06, 11:04 PM
it wont open lol ....damn the luckHey Mikey, I fixed the picture for you Buddy!

Stoneage_Caddy
11-15-06, 11:08 PM
kick ass , that rocks !!!

Florian
11-15-06, 11:09 PM
thats Genius, Kev!

F

Kev
11-15-06, 11:21 PM
OK, OK, a great wrong has been righted! (not to mention, Lego Stoney pulled a few strings..)
Mike has been inducted into the family at last!

(Hooray!!)

disclaimer.. the below picture has been retouched and is no longer an official Verizon advertisement...

Stoneage_Caddy
11-15-06, 11:27 PM
hey im in there too , i knew lego stoney would hold the ceo hostage long enough to get me my new gig

dp102288
11-16-06, 10:46 AM
Kev, excellent pic! Points for that, made me laugh.

So Stoney, I guess it was the cell phone company, not the landline. Mechanic idea bad?

Stoneage_Caddy
11-16-06, 11:31 AM
i used to be one ...after almost 10 years of it it lost its fun , scheduals , bugets .....it was just not as much fun as it once was ...