: Legit "Performance chip"?

99Classillac
11-12-06, 07:20 PM
I went to this site. It "claims" to have a performance chip for devilles. I'm skeptical. It says it will remove rev limit, speed limit, firmness, etc. Can someone check it out and let me know if this is legit or BS. Here's the site,
http://performance.drivewire.com/enginemanagement/cadillacdevillecomputerchip.html

EcSTSatic
11-12-06, 08:18 PM
That's interesting. Hypertech (http://www.hypertech-inc.com/product_searchvehicle.html) doesn't even indicate that they support the Northstar. Looks like :bsflag:

99Classillac
11-12-06, 09:12 PM
Yeah that's weird. The site seems legit though. Guess you can't trust everything you see out there.

codewize
11-12-06, 11:52 PM
Hmmm weird. Someone should contact Hypertech and let them know. Interesting that they also offer a Baer brake kit for the Deville but Baer doesn't offer one.

CadillacSTS42005
11-13-06, 12:03 AM
email the site
ask for a pic of the item and info on it
bet youll never hear back!

nigelb
11-13-06, 04:02 AM
they list the same thing for my '00 STS.

but if you read the description it is not really changing anything in the PCM.
they've tapped into a few items that you could probably change with a tech 2 scanner.
i don't see how changing the shift points on a N* will really help, the trans is way too smart in the first place.

dp102288
11-13-06, 08:46 AM
Its damn expensive too. No way is $703 worth it for me. Beside, I wouldn't trust it, might make things worse.

01STS
11-13-06, 04:07 PM
I went to this site. It "claims" to have a performance chip for devilles. I'm skeptical. It says it will remove rev limit, speed limit, firmness, etc. Can someone check it out and let me know if this is legit or BS. Here's the site,
http://performance.drivewire.com/enginemanagement/cadillacdevillecomputerchip.html

Looks like the number is for a Hyper-Pac from Hypertech. The $700+ price shown is correct if it is. You get a touch screen and a wack of other features over a simple chip.
I went to Hypertechs site and that number 83002 isn't even listed. I'm going to call them in the morning and see if it is a pre-release number.

dkozloski
11-13-06, 07:47 PM
The chip is guaranted to be fresh from the buffalo.

dp102288
11-14-06, 08:19 AM
^^ Huh? :confused:

codewize
11-14-06, 09:10 AM
I think he's saying that they're buffaloing us. Or BS'ing

dkozloski
11-14-06, 01:36 PM
The cavalry sergeant says to the troops, "Men, I've got good news and bad news. The bad news is we don't have anything to eat but buffalo chips. The good news is we've got lots of buffalo chips". The chip tuners have an unlimited supply of chips. They could be from anywhere and be as useful as the buffalo chips.

CadillacSTS42005
11-14-06, 02:22 PM
Looks like the number is for a Hyper-Pac from Hypertech. The $700+ price shown is correct if it is. You get a touch screen and a wack of other features over a simple chip.
I went to Hypertechs site and that number 83002 isn't even listed. I'm going to call them in the morning and see if it is a pre-release number.

well any news?

01STS
11-14-06, 02:23 PM
I just got off the phone with Hypertech and that unit is for a 98 and up Vette Camaro or Fireturd and will NOT work on a north*.

They still have no plans on doing anything for the 4.6L cars.

EcSTSatic
11-14-06, 02:42 PM
I just got off the phone with Hypertech and that unit is for a 98 and up Vette Camaro or Fireturd and will NOT work on a north*.

They still have no plans on doing anything for the 4.6L cars.

Good work 01STS ! Someone needs to slap those folks trying pawn this off on us. :want:Did you give Hypertech the website and let them know they were being misrepresented? ?

CadillacSTS42005
11-14-06, 02:49 PM
yuh seriously
hypertech would bring suit against those cheating bastards!

99Classillac
11-14-06, 10:48 PM
I figured they were BS. I read a lot on this forum and I figured that someone would have jumped on it if it were legit.

eldorado 2000
11-15-06, 11:59 AM
'fresh from the buffalo' = buffalo chip. In the old days, people on the prairie collected buffalo chips and cow chips to burn for fuel/heat. A buffalo chip or cow chip is buffalo dung and cow dung......but never heard of people burning horse dung ...also referred to as horse apples. :-)

dkozloski
11-15-06, 01:45 PM
'fresh from the buffalo' = buffalo chip. In the old days, people on the prairie collected buffalo chips and cow chips to burn for fuel/heat. A buffalo chip or cow chip is buffalo dung and cow dung......but never heard of people burning horse dung ...also referred to as horse apples. :-)
To carry it a little further; a horse turd is known as a trail blazer in some areas of the west. Thus, the Portland NBA team is known as the "Horse Turds".

EcSTSatic
11-15-06, 01:59 PM
All of a sudden Hooters buffalo chicken wings don't sound so appetizing! :eek:

FYI - Russell Springs located in Logan County is known as the Cow Chip Capital of Kansas.

codewize
11-15-06, 04:02 PM
As is also the Chevy Horse Turd.

To carry it a little further; a horse turd is known as a trail blazer in some areas of the west. Thus, the Portland NBA team is known as the "Horse Turds".

Murphyg
11-16-06, 07:43 PM
Mmmmmmmh Chiiiiips.
And Diiipp
Mhhhhhhhm

kevinrea
11-16-06, 07:55 PM
if they had a chip would would unlock everything in my 1997 eldorado, i would be willing to pay up to $1,000.00 for it myself.

kevin

dp102288
11-18-06, 07:22 PM
CadillacETC1997 has a prototype chip from Jet I think, that he has said he would let go for $900. It is a plug in and program chip, so it can be removed when done and not needed again. He has a 97 Eldorado ETC. Maybe you need to talk to him...