: Missing Hose On Vacuum Purge Switch?

sprj
11-12-06, 04:47 PM
I keep getting DTC P0441 EVAPORATIVE EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM INCORRECT PURGE FLOW. I have been trying to remedy this situation with no success. In looking at one of the diagrams from the FSM, it appears that I may have a hose missing on my VACUUM PURGE SWITCH (see attachments). Note, I have disconnected the electrical plug for visibility in the photo. I am thinking that I am missing a hose on the right side of the vacuum switch. I can not find vacuum diagram in the FSM. If I had a diagram, I could see where that hose goes to if, in fact, there is one missing and find out if I have an unconnected line somewhere else that should link up to the VACUUM SWITCH or maybe if I am completely missing a hose altogether. I am at a standstill with this. If anyone can shed any light on this situation, please help.

dkozloski
11-12-06, 05:57 PM
Look at the sticker on your radiator support for hose routing.

sprj
11-12-06, 10:17 PM
Look at the sticker on your radiator support for hose routing.

I found the diagram on the hood. It looks like the line in question should be going to the EVAP CANISTER. The diagram is very basic though. Do you know where that canister is located? I think it is near the gas tank? I can't find much on it in the FSM... Sure looks like there is a line missing on that VACUUM SWITCH though, doesn't it? I am guessing there should be a line routing from the VACUUM SWITCH to the EVAP CANISTER through the underbody somewhere to the back of the car near the gas tank?

Ranger
11-12-06, 10:44 PM
Trace the line that is still connected. If it goes to the manifold (supply), then the other line must go to the canister. Trace the lines from the tank. One of them will lead you to the canister.

sts96
11-13-06, 12:24 PM
Yes your hose is off the switch
Look for a black plastic hose routed from under the power brake booster. It comes from the rear of the car with the fuel line and is sometimes misplaced when the engine is removed and replaced. may be pulled up at the throttle body or between the firewall and back of the engine.
sts96

brown1904
11-14-06, 08:51 AM
Hey sprj If you get it figured out could you post a more broader picture of that area I have a 96 STS that I had to put together and I cant figure out how to route those hoses. In the meantime if I can find a car to look at I will post a picture for you. Thanks Brown1904

97caddyDeville!
06-24-10, 04:07 PM
I keep getting DTC P0441 EVAPORATIVE EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM INCORRECT PURGE FLOW. I have been trying to remedy this situation with no success. In looking at one of the diagrams from the FSM, it appears that I may have a hose missing on my VACUUM PURGE SWITCH (see attachments). Note, I have disconnected the electrical plug for visibility in the photo. I am thinking that I am missing a hose on the right side of the vacuum switch. I can not find vacuum diagram in the FSM. If I had a diagram, I could see where that hose goes to if, in fact, there is one missing and find out if I have an unconnected line somewhere else that should link up to the VACUUM SWITCH or maybe if I am completely missing a hose altogether. I am at a standstill with this. If anyone can shed any light on this situation, please help.

I have been having problems with my 97 Cadillac Deville and noticed that I also have the SAME hose missing from my Vacuum Purge Switch. P0300 and P1645 come up in the diagnostic. I imagine re-attaching the hose will fix this situation. Where did you end up finding the missing hose? Do I need to jack up the car and get to it from underneath?

ponyboyt
06-25-10, 11:10 AM
the hose that comes up from underneath is pretty stiff, and has a thick rubber end on it. Then there is a hose maybe a foot or more long that goes from the end of that to your switch. The hose below should be somewhere in the area under your brake booster. If you go to the scrap yard (like i did) and look at those lines, buy em if you need em, they are easy to put on cause they are pre-bent, hard to not tell what way they go.

Joe2thabone
08-05-13, 11:07 AM
That nipple is for atmospheric pressure....the canister hose runs to the same loction as the other vaccum line from switch in photo.I also thought a hose was missing but noticed several @ the junkyard the same way....could be the relay

Ranger
08-05-13, 12:43 PM
Check the dates before replying. Three year old post. It's either fixed, sold or junked by now.