Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Cadillac SLS (China) interior... Outstanding...

23K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  finboy35 
#1 ·
#2 ·
It's driving me crazy, the STS should have been like this from the start!!!

We can't switch cause it would be a waste, our STS is still brand new. It has only 21748 miles on it.

I really love what they have done with the wood, there is so much. :eek:
And the dashboard looks really clean, good quality but I dislike the chrome (?), that should have been wood too.

#8 ·
I bet this car would sell hot cakes in the US . In current Cadillac Line up, my fave interior is DTS's but that one is the new leader .
I wonder why Cadillac didn't pick up DTS intead since it's giving the highest comfort level .

#12 ·
Sweet Jesus! Holy Mary mother of God! That entire interior is awesome but that backseat is simply amazing!!! Do you know how long I've wanted the 4 passenger design to return?! A very long time!!

#13 ·
Possibly because in China, it would be more likely to be a passenger car, vs. a driver car.

China has a mixture of extreme poverty and extreme wealth. This car obviously competes with the best available (Rolls, MB, Maybach, Jag), for those extreme wealthy that can afford them and are more likely to be chauffered around than behind the wheel. I bet it costs a lot more than it does in the U.S. too. Having the option available, would be nice though.

#14 ·
Whoa! I just noticed this section.. this is unreal! I absolutely love my STS but the one thing that I hate about it is the absolutely shoddy interior quality. I mean, this is the country that can put a man on the moon, has invented the majority of the world's major technology and our supposed top of the line Luxury sedan has door panels and a dashboard that look like they were made by Rubbermaid?

That interior is just amazing. Why the HELL they can't put that in the American STS disgusts me. :(

#15 ·
They will. The SRX has already received the handcrafted treatment and the new CTS was just revealed to have it. The STS will be next.

My guess on why China has seen this first?
China's newer factory was set up for this when it was built. Our factories will need to be retooled and have lines changed to put the new process in motion.

GM did it right. They made sure the mechanical and performance bits were in place and then reworked the aesthetics.

#16 ·
Good points Leigh. After seeing the '08 CTS today, I'm not worried about the upcoming interiors of Cadillacs, I know they'll be on par to compete with the best. After all, the CTS is the cheapest Cadillac currently, so the interiors of the STS and DTS should be even more luxurious.

#18 ·
I think this is an obvious testing platform for the upcoming US version interior for 2008.

If you want the "cut and sew" quality interior for your current STS, just keep an eye on eBay and junkyards for any STS-V interior parts. The V version is full leather...console, door panels, dash, etc... no plastic used.

#20 ·
Oh my....I pray to sweet baby jesus that this car comes here or at least the interior styling.......I wonder if when they are designing the exports if they take the country's other autos or have designers from that country who know what their customers want into consideration?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.