: Soundproofing the outside of the car

95SLSSeville
11-11-06, 08:03 PM
I have a 95 sls and have installed a 10" audiobahn sub with a custom box. After installing it i did not pay too much attention to how it sounded on the outside. Just recently i tried just that. Its not good, it sounds like the suspesion has given way and the car is dragging on the road. I think i have isolated to the side trim panels that run alond the doors. Recently i have thought of possibly painting those trim panels white to match the car. Is there something i can do to fix the rattle of these trim peices besides soundproofing the whole trunk, which i may plan to do. Could i try some insulation to stuff between the panels and the door itself to reduce the rattle?

darkwingfrog
11-12-06, 05:14 AM
Turn the volume down? :alchi:

dp102288
11-12-06, 08:17 AM
^^ :histeric:

The only thing I can think of is to make the panels tighter or add some padding where thing are rattling. Odd question...

the727kid
11-12-06, 11:48 AM
Silicone, or a silicone like substance, but you won't get them off without breaking them.

I'd just leave it, I got a bunch of deadner in my car and my shit rattle crazy, not so much my trunk but my fenders, hood, everything just rattles it's unavoidale.