: Excessive Brake Dust !!

Pharmer53
11-11-06, 01:44 AM
Hello everyone. Newby to the forum and would like to say thanks for lots of useful info on this board. I have an 06 V8 rwd with 14,000 miles and have noticed an excessive amount of brake dust on all four wheels. Seems it is worst up front (expected), but much worse than any other vehicle I've ever owned. No unusual noises coming from brakes. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks,

srxfrank
11-11-06, 07:55 AM
I have the same problem with my 05 awd I just bought a week ago. I'm going to put rotex gold brake pads on it. I put them on my chrysler crossfire and no more brake dust!!!

c5 rv
11-11-06, 09:14 AM
I have excessive brake dust on only my right rear. Both rears have more than the front. That's the first time I've ever seen that on a car.

Claymore
11-11-06, 01:42 PM
I have been searching for decent after-market pads for my 05 AWD V8 SRX. I don't see that Rotex lists pads for the SRX. I really wanted to install the Hawk HPS but they only make pads for the front... So I have just ordered the SimpleGreen set: DP21692 for the front and DP21693 for the rear. I will let you know how these work out (they also have these in Ceramic)

Pharmer53
11-13-06, 12:12 AM
Thanks for the replys. I'll watch for updates on different brake pads and probably change them out. I'm tired of scubbing the wheels and then the next day looking like I never cleaned them. The calipers appear to be releasing all the way. I may have to talk to my wife about her driving because she only knows two driving modes (gas "ON", and gas "OFF") ha, ha.

john d
11-13-06, 12:43 AM
There has been many stories posted here about rapid brake pad and rotor wear.
Has any one changed out for an after market better than original equiptment calipers, pads and rotors brake sets?
If so, what did you buy, how is it working, what was the cost and from where did you purchase?

TSS
11-13-06, 03:56 PM
Mine is pretty bad too!

Claymore
11-13-06, 10:42 PM
There has been many stories posted here about rapid brake pad and rotor wear.
Has any one changed out for an after market better than original equiptment calipers, pads and rotors brake sets?
If so, what did you buy, how is it working, what was the cost and from where did you purchase?
Hi john_d,

I have some EBC pads on the way, see car-stuff.com, they list both the High-Performance (GreenStuff) and Ceramic (RedStuff) pads for the SRX, front and back