: Quick question about LSD diff.

Night Wolf
11-11-06, 12:01 AM
Alright, I know its no the right section, then again I don't think there is a section...

anyway, I was reading that alot of Isuzu's came with LSD from the factory, and either tell by the option code (most first gens like mine didn't list it tho) but the best way is to jack up the rear end, and turn one wheel, of the other turns oppisite, its open, if it turns the same way, its LSD.

So I dragged the floor jack out, put it in neutral and released the parking brake... turned one wheel and the other didn't move at all.... so I tired the other wheel... same thing... so I got in, started it up, put it in gear and got the tires to move, thinking it maybe got a little frozen up from the brakes being applied.... tried it again, nothing, on either wheel. The driveshaft was turning, but the other wheel wouldn't budge.

Does this mean anything? or is it open diff and the little force fromt he pads resting against the rotor keeps the wheel put enough?

I am pretty sure its open, as it seems like it'll only spin 1 tire, but I have got it to spin both tires... on dry pavement too... so I dunno... that'd be really cool if it was a LSD tho.

Stoneage_Caddy
11-11-06, 12:04 AM
might have to put the tranny in first or something ....im thinking its an open diff tho ...since its spinning the driveshaft (sending power where its eastiset to send it )

Night Wolf
11-11-06, 07:23 AM
yeah, thats what I was thinking too. There just may be enough friction from the pads against the rotors or something to get them not to budge.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-11-06, 08:49 AM
This is random, but I figured I'd put it in this thread since it relates to the Amigo.

There is a guy that works at the dealer next to mine that drives a purple Amigo like yours, every time I see it I'm reminded of you and your Isuzu.

Florian
11-11-06, 09:49 AM
I love lsd. wheres my purple jesus?

F

Stoneage_Caddy
11-11-06, 09:50 AM
next to the twizzlers . beware the black licorache is tainted

Florian
11-11-06, 09:53 AM
how bout some 4 way windowpane...anyone?

(wheres my Charlie Brown music collection....need some trippy music)

F

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-11-06, 10:16 AM
Speaking of trippy music, I bought "Dark Side Of The Moon" last night. Good album, further review to come later..

Florian
11-11-06, 10:41 AM
Speaking of trippy music, I bought "Dark Side Of The Moon" last night. Good album, further review to come later..

Roger Waters is on tour right now doing the whole DSoTM live. It was an EXCELLENT SHOW! I highly recommend it if it comes your way. (not their best effort though)

F

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-11-06, 11:33 AM
Roger Waters is the brilliance behind PF. Every song on Animals (except for one) and every song on The Wall was written by him. The Wall was his idea too. BTW, Animals and The Wall are my two favorite albums by them, and some of my favorite albums of all time.

Florian
11-11-06, 11:51 AM
One can argue the merits of RW and whether or not he was the genius that PF was....I like Rog. I think hes a talented cat. All it takes is one look at PF pre- and post- RW. Even RW's solo stuff sticks to the concept album theme, and they are all winners, with a maybe not so stellar effort on Radio K.A.O.S. All in all RW has wowed me since I was a kid and now as an adult I appreciate his talents all the more.
Long live RW.

F

90Brougham350
11-11-06, 12:24 PM
Roger Waters is a great musician, but I think his method of completely dominating PF weren't exactly ethical or right. David Gilmore is a great musician, and I think his talent may have been back-seated with Roger Waters calling every shot.

DaveSmed
11-11-06, 12:36 PM
From what you described, its def an open, or a REALLY whupped LSD.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-11-06, 01:29 PM
Roger Waters is a great musician, but I think his method of completely dominating PF weren't exactly ethical or right. David Gilmore is a great musician, and I think his talent may have been back-seated with Roger Waters calling every shot.

Hmm interesting... I haven't read a PF biography yet, but you need not worry, I have like 3 different ones (no pun intended) on my x-mas list.

xxpinballxx
11-11-06, 04:53 PM
Purple microdots?

davesdeville
11-11-06, 11:05 PM
From what you described, its def an open, or a REALLY whupped LSD.

Yep, if it started out as an LSD it may as well be open now.

dp102288
11-12-06, 11:08 AM
F...LSD. Nah, doesn't explain it! :D j/k (I think! :rofl:)