: STS V-Series Lowering Springs

Dr. Design
11-10-06, 07:19 PM
Hello,
Tired of the stock wheel and fender gap? If you are looking to give your STS V-Series a little more aggressive stance we have the solution for you. Our lowering springs will not only improve the overall look of your STS V but will increase your handling by lowering the center of gravity. For more information regarding these parts and other components for the STS V-Series
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/ctd3rnd/STS_V-Series_3copy.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/ctd3rnd/STS_V-Seriescopy.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/ctd3rnd/STS_V-Series_1copy.jpg
Thank you,

First Class Motoring
11-11-06, 12:29 AM
more info please? cost/ride/how much lower etc.

ssstealth
11-12-06, 11:10 PM
What is the actual height of center of wheelwell from from ground now front/rear?

Dr. Design
11-13-06, 01:17 PM
Hello,
MSRP for this item is $375. The ride is still very good. You get a little more feedback and road feel in addition to the increased steering response. This is listed as a 2" lowering system. When the springs settle it actually lowers the vehicle to 1 5/8 in the rear and 1 1/4 in the front. Please let us know if there are any other questions.
Thank you,

more info please? cost/ride/how much lower etc.

Dr. Design
11-13-06, 01:26 PM
Hello,
We actually take our measurements a little differently. The STS V-Series we are working on is out of the shop right now. However the measurements from the top of the wheel well to the centerline of the wheel are as follows:
Front = 14.750 or 1.25" lower than stock
Rear = 14.750 or 1.625" lower than stock.

Please let us know if you have any questions.
Thank you,

What is the actual height of center of wheelwell from from ground now front/rear?

Kadonny
11-13-06, 02:57 PM
Bookmarked.

No rubbing with any testing?

Dr. Design
11-13-06, 03:11 PM
That is correct! No rubbing or any other issues. Tested in various driving conditions, vehicle loads, and 3 different drivers.
Thank you,

Bookmarked.

No rubbing with any testing?

caddyv8v
11-13-06, 06:34 PM
looks to be a nice upgrade. price seems to be inline with other quality systems as well.

Dr. Design
11-16-06, 12:24 PM
Give us a call if you are interested in a set for your vehicle. We have them in stock and ready to ship! Don't forget about our intake system that picks up 18 wheel hp!!!
Thank you,

looks to be a nice upgrade. price seems to be inline with other quality systems as well.

VELOSE
11-21-06, 01:39 AM
Because of this STS-V above, I want a STS-V as a daily driver now.:thepan:

Dr. Design
11-21-06, 12:14 PM
Go for it!! :) I know, easy to say right! They are great cars. The one we have at the shop is really fast!! When the car was stock it was pretty fast and handled decent. Now it's a ROCKET! This car accerates so hard and quick.

Good luck!

Because of this STS-V above, I want a STS-V as a daily driver now.:thepan:

Kadonny
11-21-06, 01:23 PM
He was joking Dr.

ssstealth
03-13-07, 08:17 PM
Dr. D, I am about to pull the trigger on this one and noticed that the package you have includes "electronics". What is included and necessary to compensate the car's wishes to level the car out?

Thanks, Bill

Dr. Design
03-28-07, 07:38 PM
Hello,
The "electronics" portion of this suspension package is intended for the vehicles that have the self leveling electronic suspension. In this case it would not apply to your vehicle as the V-Series does not have this option. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any additional information.
Thank you,

Dr. D, I am about to pull the trigger on this one and noticed that the package you have includes "electronics". What is included and necessary to compensate the car's wishes to level the car out?

Thanks, Bill

ssstealth
04-05-07, 11:15 PM
Well, that one took me by surprise...

I was sure that I read somewhere that the V still had the self leveling rear suspension. Just to be sure I put it on the ramps today and checked all 4 wheels. The fronts have the stud on the control arms for the sensors but no sensors. The rear has an empty space on the rear fram rail where the air compressor would be and even has an electrical connector there that just dangles in the void. Obviously there are no rubber sleeves in the shocks and no air lines.

OK, I am convinced. Even more I am shocked how well it performed when loaded with 3 adults in the back seat. Whatever springs are in there now are tuned pretty well to carry load without bottoming out and still ride well.

Dooman
04-10-07, 09:34 AM
Hmm.. I was under the impression any vehicle with HID/Xenon lamps had to be self-leveling. Do the lamp housings move?