: China-Only SLS debut in Beijing

Oversized CTS
11-10-06, 09:41 AM
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2006/11/sls_sm.jpg
its basically a 4" stretched STS
high-res version and press release :
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/10/cadillac-to-debut-china-only-sls-at-beijing-show/

Oversized CTS
11-10-06, 09:46 AM
I posted this in the CTS forum, but it might be of more interest to you guys

Basically a 4" longer STS for the china market.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-forum/89722-china-only-sls-debut-beijing.html#post861278

ChicagoCTS32
11-10-06, 09:49 AM
sexy... I like it.

ARTSBEST
11-10-06, 10:29 AM
With the average wage being $5K per year how is GM going to sell these units there? I mean how much is a used rick shaw worth, trade-in-wise?

ARTSBEST
11-10-06, 10:30 AM
By the way, how much is a gallon of gas in China?

malcolm
11-10-06, 10:54 AM
Why the feck couldn't GM offer a 4 inch longer version in the US. With my seat in a comfortable driving position the back seat is about useless. My wife has an 07 Saturn Aura with plenty of back seat leg room. GM's loss of market is really their own fault.

Dr. Design
11-10-06, 11:16 AM
Hello,
Keep in mind that these vehicles are going to be purchased by very wealthy people, hence the chauffeur-driven remark in the article. People or companies that purchase this car typically will not be concerned with the price of the vehicle nor the gas prices. Just FYI. :) Plus with the booming economy in China and given Buicks phenomenal success there this is a good move for Cadillac. Maybe not so much for the STS, but if they ever release the new CTS over there it would be well received.
Thanks,

With the average wage being $5K per year how is GM going to sell these units there? I mean how much is a used rick shaw worth, trade-in-wise?

LUVMY04V
11-10-06, 11:26 AM
WOW its a DTS/STS and in no way is that depressing :thumbsup:

OffThaHorseCEO
11-10-06, 12:15 PM
4 inches longer, dang

can we have one too?

nigelb
11-10-06, 12:37 PM
wow, a cadillac made by the chinese!
whatever next, apple pie, oh sorry, they already do that, don't they?

Jesda
11-10-06, 12:57 PM
Stupid GM. BRING IT HERE!

malcolm
11-10-06, 01:52 PM
I always wanted one 4 inches longer:highfive:

Benjamin Simon
11-10-06, 10:44 PM
That would be great!! WTF GM!

ascariSTS
11-10-06, 11:52 PM
it looks like the 2008 STS... check the grill...

I posted a while ago when spyshots of 2008 STS were released that it looks longer than the current one...

maybe,, maybe not

AllWheelEric
11-11-06, 12:26 PM
I woiuld've paid extra for one like this (if made in America)!

durask
11-12-06, 12:57 AM

Here's a pic of today's Shanghai. Rickshaw you say? :)

http://www.china-reisen-info.de/reise-ziele/bilder/shanghai-fluss.jpg

There's a billion people there. Of those, there's about 100 million with plenty of disposable income. :)

ARTSBEST
11-14-06, 01:37 PM
DISPOSABLE INCOME you say? How much? The facts remain: average wage being $5K per year.

99Classillac
11-15-06, 11:10 PM
GM is so retarded. Why the hell are they giving the Chinese a hell a better STS than us? 4 inches longer? Americans are by far a lot taller than Chinese people. No racism intended. And made in China? Its an American car made in China. How dumb can it get?

99Classillac
11-15-06, 11:12 PM
American car made in China. That's all I'm gonna say.

SilverGhost
06-29-07, 09:42 PM
Nothing like a Chinese Cadillac!

SilverGhost
06-29-07, 09:59 PM
A chinese cadillac. Sounds like some sorta punchline.

Po Pimp
07-22-07, 09:26 PM
GM is so retarded. Why the hell are they giving the Chinese a hell a better STS than us? 4 inches longer? Americans are by far a lot taller than Chinese people. No racism intended. And made in China? Its an American car made in China. How dumb can it get?

Alot of the time when people in China and alot of asian countries get money they will in fact by a Cadillac. It is a status symbol. People do the same thing over here.

They had this issue for Lowrider that ran about two years ago. It only had Cadillacs. I believe there where ten or twelve. When you read through each of the articles you would discover that over half where purchased by people in Japan.

Jesda
07-28-07, 03:47 AM
DISPOSABLE INCOME you say? How much? The facts remain: average wage being $5K per year.

There is a mass quantity of rich people in China who can easily afford to buy an SLS. Doesn't matter how low the "average" wage is when there are a crapload of people making a crapload of money.

bigtisas
08-08-07, 06:17 PM
New Cadillac is never for average joe in America either. you may not know. China is the 2nd biggest market for BMW. If Cadillac wants to growth, they have to enter the Chinese upscale market. Audi is the first car company enter the Chinese market since 1950s. Then, GM, Honda, Hyundai, BMW all follow and built their plants in China and sell to Chinese locally. They all make tons of money.

lreddiablo
08-11-07, 07:50 PM
Ok, STS - essentially a larger CTS. DTS is larger than the STS, but damn is that thing ugly! Can the DTS and sell the SLS instead everywhere! I'm sure this would help cut some costs for caddy too! And damn the SLS is much sweeter than a DTS!

AlBundy
08-12-07, 04:52 PM
^Oh boy, you sure are looking for trouble.

rblimas
09-03-07, 03:07 AM
4 inches???? if you think about it thats not much(unless its somewhere below the waist:D). where is this 4 inches located at?

Cadillacon22s
09-05-07, 12:50 AM
No doubt i want them to bring it to the states. True Cadillac Flare.

mrgoodbar67
09-07-07, 01:05 PM
Well.................just like GM to screw over their own aint it? GM Holden in Australia gives the Aussies all rear wheel drive cars that have balls....but not to us, "The Americans":usflag:. GM China gives the Chinese a car that looks a shit load better than the DTS, but not us, "The Americans".

Instead they give is a DTS that looks like it was put out in a desperate attempt to upgrade the 2000-2005 Deville, that when hooked up correctly looks alot better than the 06 DTS.

And they wonder why The Kaiser (Daimler-Chrysler), Hank (Ford), and every Rice Burner kicks The Generals Ass in the U.S Market:abuse:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you think DUBYA BUSH is secretly Running GM :bang2:?

unclejerry
09-18-07, 05:38 PM
Hi
I Am Wondering When They Are Going To Design A New Sedan Deville Not The Dts.

This Body Must Go. It Is Old And Has No Style. Lexus,audi,benz And Bmw Are Cleaning Up.

You Guys Have To Get The Guys In The 30 To 40 Year Olds Interested In Your Cars.

I Have Owned Over 20 Cadillacs And Want To Get One Now And The Style Really Turns Me Off.

I Drive A Lexus And Jaguar And Want To Go Back To Caddy....when Are We Getting A Super Looking Car Like In The 59,60 Etc...i Love Those And Eldo Like The 79 Etc....please Comment...jerry

wantscadillac
09-29-10, 10:43 PM
My family own a 08 SLS in China. It's a nice car and personally I think the interior looks even nicer.

For today a gallon of gas in China is about 3.82 US dollars (not average, only for Peking area).