Cadillac Owners Forum banner

I need help installing stero in Seville

992 views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  CadillacSTS42005 
#1 ·
I got a 92 Seville with Bose, and I want to put an aftermarket unit in there. I already know it all has to be hooked up in the trunk, and I got the right wiring harness. I hooked it up my aftermarket cd player and it only gets power, no sound. I double checked all the wires and taped them off.

I know each speaker has its own amp, so does that have something to do with it?? or am I not hooking stuff up correctly?

And if I do install new non bose speakers can I run them directly to the harness? I need help, please!!

#2 ·
do you have the rcas connected to the hu?
do you have the rca outs turned up on the hu?
does your hu have front and rear rca outs (DO NOT USE THE SUB OUTS!!!)
if you want to replace the speakers as well you can use the bose amps to power them
if you rather them be powered by your new hu you MUST wire them directly bypassing the amps thats the ONLY way

#5 ·
I have the rca outputs just on the head unit and none on the harness.

Its really been such a pian trying to put this hu in. I dont want to take it somewhere and pay a boat load of money if I can just do it myself.

I might have got the wrong harness, but it says 92-95 Seville on it. Like I said the hu gets power from it, but no noise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.