: Strange symptoms after CATERA Purchase

crucatera00
11-08-06, 08:56 PM
Hello,
To start off I love this car, Its a 2000 catera that I bought about 2months ago and since I've noticed

1. the car drives around 20 mph (take-off & stop) the car makes a wierd wump* wump* wump* kind of like a friction noise.

2. when i move from one lane to another and the road is uneven the car will kinda pull hard to one direction, like something is loose??

Any idea guys?? thanx

wamanning
11-09-06, 08:34 AM
1. the car drives around 20 mph (take-off & stop) the car makes a wierd wump* wump* wump* kind of like a friction noise.

i get that when my sunroof is open and the windows are closed. some sort of harmonic w/ air pressure interaction.

2. when i move from one lane to another and the road is uneven the car will kinda pull hard to one direction, like something is loose??

it's called "tramlining"...a wandering/darting behaviour when moving across longitudinal ridges or troughs in the road. apparently it's something that the catera front-end is pre-disposed to experience. search the archives for "tramlining" or "wandering" or "darting".

crucatera00
11-11-06, 08:40 PM
so your saying the that the underdrive pulley is worn out or something?? also i dont have a sunroof.

bengsxr
11-13-06, 11:33 PM
Now just my two cents here but alot of people have had the front bushing go out on the control arms also I think if I remember right the lower ball joint will also bad so jack the car up and check out these items won't you any thing just to inspect these.