: Seville ECM Codes

thebigone
03-01-04, 06:08 AM
I have tried the searches and either I am not searching correctly or there just isn't a thread in to this subject in particular. Which I find hard to believe.

I have a recently purchased 1986 Seville. I have the following codes:

B120, B121, B127, B336, B448, B552.

I have searched and searched. Without having to buy a book could someone here help.

Thanks,
thebigone

BeelzeBob
03-01-04, 02:54 PM
I have tried the searches and either I am not searching correctly or there just isn't a thread in to this subject in particular. Which I find hard to believe.

I have a recently purchased 1986 Seville. I have the following codes:

B120, B121, B127, B336, B448, B552.

I have searched and searched. Without having to buy a book could someone here help.

Thanks,
thebigone
B120...twilight sentinel delay pot problem
B121...twilight sentinel enable circuit problem
B127...PRNDL sensor/switch circuit problem
B336...loss of IPC data
B448...very low refrigerant condition
B552...BCM keep alive memory reset (battery disconnect..??)

thebigone
03-02-04, 09:06 AM
What is the "IPC data" or "IPC?" Is it a sensor? or part of the PROM programming? Thanks for your help bob!

B120...twilight sentinel delay pot problem
B121...twilight sentinel enable circuit problem
B127...PRNDL sensor/switch circuit problem
B336...loss of IPC data
B448...very low refrigerant condition
B552...BCM keep alive memory reset (battery disconnect..??)

BeelzeBob
03-02-04, 11:47 AM
In your car that is the Instrument Panel Cluster... there is a micorprocessor in the IPC that talks to the rest of the system and the car (to the Body Computer, the Engine computer, etc...) The IPC receives infor to put up on the displays including the onboard diagnostics info. The code just means that at some point the IPC lost data coming in. It may be a temporary glitch, a battery disconnect, an ignition switch that is starting to wear and causing the timing of the contacts to change as you turn the key on and off, etc...