: Hoodies?

gothicaleigh
11-07-06, 09:55 PM
The cold is coming.
Gauging interest and looking for ideas for hooded sweatshirts.

Example:
http://www.8thdaycreations.net/images/Cadillac Hoodie.jpg

Yes?
No?
Meh?

Boombotz
11-07-06, 09:58 PM
Hell Yes

CadillacSTS42005
11-07-06, 09:58 PM
hell yes

Krashed989
11-07-06, 09:59 PM
Awesomeness.... BUT you have to get a license from cadillac to use their emblem or logo.

Stoneage_Caddy
11-07-06, 10:19 PM
i like

as much as ive had to pay for factory parts ...i say screw them , use it if you want , ive paid for it ...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-07-06, 10:20 PM
Awesome!

Now don't gouge us! ;)

OffThaHorseCEO
11-07-06, 10:23 PM
meh, not with the script down the sleeve at least

cmon you can do better than that

CadillacGurl
11-07-06, 10:26 PM
Hell Yes!

Adam
11-07-06, 10:27 PM
Hell yeah Goth, those look nice! :thumbsup:

CadillacGurl
11-07-06, 10:36 PM
It would be cool if we could put our CF names on the back so they're personalized

caddycruiser
11-07-06, 10:41 PM
I was JUST thinking of this today. One of my favorite things to wear anywhere, and I need some new ones and thought "Wouldn't it be cool if I could find a tasteful Cadillac one somewhere...":)

gothicaleigh
11-07-06, 11:14 PM
It would be cool if we could put our CF names on the back so they're personalized

Like in an athletic font, or perhaps an Allegro script like the Cadillac logo?
They could be added...

Great ideas and comments. Keep them coming, and I'll work up a few more designs to choose from (RobertCTS requested that first one).

Awesomeness.... BUT you have to get a license from cadillac to use their emblem or logo.

Then I won't use their copyrighted emblem or logo. ;)

meh, not with the script down the sleeve at least
cmon you can do better than that

I know on-the-arm writing isn't for everybody (it's not really my style either), so I plan on having a few designs. Any suggestions on what you would like to see?

slk230mb
11-07-06, 11:32 PM
Full sized emblem on the back?

Perhaps a zip up hoodie?

OffThaHorseCEO
11-07-06, 11:33 PM
well the on the arm thing wasnt so bad, it just gawdy lookin no offense, maybe a small logo (or the script) on the wrist or at the center of the hood

ar far as perzonalized names, that would bring costs up i would think, instead of mass producing a hundred hoodies they have to slow down and put everyones name on em individually

gdwriter
11-07-06, 11:55 PM
Art and Science wreath and crest or traditional version with the duckies, er, merlettes?

I'd take one either way.

Florian
11-08-06, 12:22 AM
how about a thong and/or banana hammock for the guys???

F

xxpinballxx
11-08-06, 12:23 AM
I really dont think you'll be manufacturing mass quantities to the point where there will be any chance of getting into trouble for copyright infringement.
I think I'll take two!

LittleB
11-08-06, 12:23 AM
That's awesome! I love hoodies! I actually like the Cadillac down the side...very nice :thumbsup:

LittleB
11-08-06, 12:24 AM
I really dont think you'll be manufacturing mass quantities to the point where there will be any chance of getting into trouble for copyright infringement.
I think I'll take two!

From what is shown in the pic, it doesn't look like the actually Caddy crest anyway, so I think it's all good...

xxpinballxx
11-08-06, 12:40 AM
I agree little B.

Florian you have the kind of mind I'd like to be in just for one day!
You come up with some wacky shtuff!

eldorado99
11-08-06, 01:19 AM
How about adding CadillacOwners.com somewhere in small-medium print on the shirt? Although either way I'd buy one.

RobertCTS
11-08-06, 05:25 AM
Gothica knows I love it. The only thing I would add is the Cadillac wreath around the Logo. The script down the arm sets it apart from all the other friggin' sweatshirt designs. I would want a crew neck and a hoodie. I'm ready to order some for Christmas. :)
Bring it on Gothicaleigh:thumbsup:

Will this be ready for Christmas??????

CadiJeff
11-08-06, 07:01 AM
zip up definately, i think i'd buy one.

JRau
11-08-06, 07:34 AM
I'd be interested. Don't mind the Cadillac script down the sleeve, and if CadillacOwners.com was on it somewhere, that would be SWEET!

I like Florian's suggestion, too, regarding the thongs and low rise briefs for the guys. Suggest a Cadillac crest on those items, as you're not gonna get too much stuff on 'em. :woohoo:

JRau in central Iowa

Flyin-Ryan
11-08-06, 08:33 AM
I like the hoodie just like it is on the first page but cadillacforums.com on the back would be cool. Get this ready by Christmas please :)

P-Funk
11-08-06, 09:08 AM
Make it a zip up, put the wreath around the crest and put a big crest on the back and it is perfect.

RightTurn
11-08-06, 09:12 AM
Lose the script on the sleeves. Looks good otherwise.

RobertCTS
11-08-06, 09:25 AM
Naa, I don't want nothing on the back. I imagine hoodies, crew neck and zip up would be offered and similar to do. What about sweat pants? Maybe Cadillac script down the legs. I've seen them across the butt too.

Gothicaleigh, are these transfers or silk screened? I'm hoping the latter.

TagApl4
11-08-06, 09:32 AM
Love the design I would rock it like that. Black cotton hoodie, or a white Zip up in lighter track jacket material.

Here are some suggestions though for the creative juices:
> 1 of my favorite designs on a hoodie is at the top of the hood like what would be across your forehead when up put the Cadillac script there. Looks cool when hood is up or down.
> I think it does need the wreath to complete it. F! copywright laws, long live Napster!

U are good I like your stuff

el_chupacabra_99
11-08-06, 09:50 AM
Looks great to me as is...but I agree with TagApl4 about the Cadillac script on top of the hood. I think that would be a great look as well.

CIWS
11-08-06, 10:53 AM
Looks great, nice idea, will be on a purchase list if released.

Any chance of a V version ? (V logo below the Cadi ?) something ?

dp102288
11-08-06, 12:23 PM
Hey, I say :thumbsup:

I am liking the "V" version. Lots of potential there.

LittleB
11-08-06, 01:27 PM
What about sweat pants? Maybe Cadillac script down the legs. I've seen them across the butt too.

Oh I would by those in a heart-beat!!! I love it when they say stuff on the butt LOL :histeric:

TagApl4
11-08-06, 01:51 PM
Oh I would by those in a heart-beat!!! I love it when they say stuff on the butt LOL :histeric:

Guys love when girls pants say stuff across the butt too. But if u buy these know your but should be pleantiful enough where a guy has to cock his head to the side to take it all in, lean a lil to see how it wraps around. Bootyful :eek:

RobertCTS
11-08-06, 02:03 PM
Guys love when girls pants say stuff across the butt too. But if u buy these know your but should be pleantiful enough where a guy has to cock his head to the side to take it all in, lean a lil to see how it wraps around. Bootyful :eek:

I've seen them on some booties that shouldn't be plastered with those graphics. You need a tight butt IMO.:yup: In this case "wide screen" isn't better.

xxpinballxx
11-08-06, 02:13 PM
B you just want guys lookin at your butt.....we all know!

TagApl4
11-08-06, 02:54 PM
I like em tight too, but there is nothing like a panaramic view. As long as when u check it out in HD it does not look like a golf ball.

dqw1
11-08-06, 04:41 PM
V logo, I like Tag's idea on the hood.

HITMONEY
11-08-06, 04:44 PM
Mark me down for one.

CadillacGurl
11-08-06, 06:43 PM

SAME HERE! I have a bunch of soccer shorts and sweatpants that have "soccer" across the butt. I heart them!!:bouncy:

LittleB
11-08-06, 07:21 PM
B you just want guys lookin at your butt.....we all know!

Hey, they are going to look either way, so why not have it say something cute/funny/interesting there? :histeric:

SAME HERE! I have a bunch of soccer shorts and sweatpants that have "soccer" across the butt. I heart them!!:bouncy:

:highfive: Awesome! Aww I miss soccer. I played for 7 years and should've never stopped :(

DILLIGAF
11-08-06, 07:28 PM
I'll take one,gotta be grey,I will not wear black anything.Cadillac owners.com down the sleeve would be cool.

urbanski
11-08-06, 07:35 PM

pics

Adam
11-08-06, 07:38 PM
pics or you are a liar and i will ban you.

there you go:rolleyes:

urbanski
11-08-06, 07:40 PM
thanks

LittleB
11-08-06, 07:41 PM
thanks

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAAA!!! :histeric: :rofl: I just now REALLY looked at your avatar. That is hilarious!

urbanski
11-08-06, 07:42 PM
alas lego_stoney may be lost in the mail
my avatard could be one of his last adventures :(

CadillacGurl
11-08-06, 08:36 PM
Aww... I couldn't put the shorts on right now, they're at my dorm. Once again I fly to Pitt for the weekend to be with CaddyETC. And I'm really tempted to smash this lady bug flying around my head but 1. Its Bad Luck 2. If I smash it up against the wall it stains... damn weird bugs!!!!

urbanski
11-08-06, 08:56 PM
lol @ chicago bugs

Adam
11-08-06, 09:03 PM
its bad luck to kill a lady bug? ive seriously never heard that before. of course... you all are talking to the guy who didnt know until his senior year of high school that you are not supposed to put a fork or any other metal object in a toaster. seriously, in culinary arts i was checking some bread i had in the toaster with a knife and my teacher freaked out. i have been doing that since... kindegarten.

CadillacGurl
11-08-06, 09:17 PM
Haha I still do that, I have yet to be electrocuted. Then again I'm weird. I like fire :D and I like cars, especially caddies can't ya tell?

Adam
11-08-06, 09:26 PM
Aww... I couldn't put the shorts on right now, they're at my dorm. Once again I fly to Pitt for the weekend to be with CaddyETC. And I'm really tempted to smash this lady bug flying around my head but 1. Its Bad Luck 2. If I smash it up against the wall it stains... damn weird bugs!!!!

:( sucks for us...

Adam
11-08-06, 09:31 PM
Haha I still do that, I have yet to be electrocuted. Then again I'm weird. I like fire :D and I like cars, especially caddies can't ya tell?

i never got electrocuted either! my teacher freaked though. it was hilarious. she shreaked from across the room and she came running over and was yelling and going off... man we gave her so much hell. we accidentally set the sprinkler system off and filled the kitchen. now that was funny. i was in the back hall of the kitchen with this chick that was in my class (im not telling you all what we were doing but you can pretty much guess) and i heard the alarm system and people yelling and my buddy Jason came flying around the corner and goes "I burnt the damn sausage and shit is all over the place!" it was one of those things you had to be there cause i am laughing my ass off right now... anyway, good times. the teacher was out of the room oddly when it happened getting orders from other classrooms (why we were on the back hallway). haha, ah the good ole days... when i was young and muscular... now im just old and fat. stupid full time jobs with their long hours and no time for the gym...

slk230mb
11-08-06, 09:50 PM
My good deed for the day - Adam keep metal objects away from the microwave too.

CadillacGurl
11-08-06, 09:57 PM
i never got electrocuted either! my teacher freaked though. it was hilarious. she shreaked from across the room and she came running over and was yelling and going off... man we gave her so much hell. we accidentally set the sprinkler system off and filled the kitchen. now that was funny. i was in the back hall of the kitchen with this chick that was in my class (im not telling you all what we were doing but you can pretty much guess) and i heard the alarm system and people yelling and my buddy Jason came flying around the corner and goes "I burnt the damn sausage and shit is all over the place!" it was one of those things you had to be there cause i am laughing my ass off right now... anyway, good times. the teacher was out of the room oddly when it happened getting orders from other classrooms (why we were on the back hallway). haha, ah the good ole days... when i was young and muscular... now im just old and fat. stupid full time jobs with their long hours and no time for the gym...

Hahaha yeah a friend of mine made a big explosion one day... I can't remember how he did it. But he was my lab partner and we got into soooo much trouble. But it was worth it!!!

LittleB
11-08-06, 10:03 PM

Wow you fly to go see him every weekend?! That's so sweet!!!!!!!!!!! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy: (You must have the hook-up on that airline cuz that must get expensive!)

CadillacGurl
11-08-06, 10:08 PM
I fly southwest... its around $75-80 roundtrip... but I got a free roundtrip this time hehe

LittleB
11-08-06, 10:10 PM
Wow that's cheap! That's great :thumbsup:

CadillacGurl
11-08-06, 10:24 PM
Yep for every 8 roundtrips (aka 16 one ways) you get a free roundtrip!

Benzilla
11-08-06, 10:48 PM
Nice hoodie, but I would really like to see something with the old crest. Seeing as I'm more "Old school"(at least my taste in cars is) I feel sorta out of touch with the new crest. And to me it doesn't mean the same thing as the old one. It would be great to have something warm for those fall car shows, doesn't it suck having to wait 'till the end for your trophy?

Murphyg
11-08-06, 11:05 PM
From what is shown in the pic, it doesn't look like the actually Caddy crest anyway, so I think it's all good...

My wife works for PPG in marketing.
"Pittsburgh Paint And Glass" For those that dont know who the hell they are. Is surprisingly quite common that most dont know.

Anyways...
If it looks similiar enough to pass as official merchandise then it is an infringement. And that is for sure close enough. Not just the logo.
It can all be as simple as the font.
Either or alone are too close. They could both be construded as copyright infringment
It is close enough to be.

Put me down for at least 2.

That mockup you presented looks very good.

I have a very close friend who is in the business of apperall merchandising.
His brother owns the company and he works for his brother.
He actually just gave me a Cadillac printed T.
Was at there printer and he was doing a run of them for some other customer and new I would love one.
So told him he wanted one and he gave it to him.
Easy $40 dollar T for free.

Anyways.
His brother gives him all that is sent back or over stock as his bonus.
He sets up in his drive with racks and all and sells dirt cheap like a garage sale.
Has boxes upon boxes of Ts and hoodies in his garage.

Last year or before was the Spiderman craze.
Very nice Hoodies.
Just like what you were showing there.

The hoodies are tight embroidery work. Very good quality.
That is what you would want to do with yours.
It would have to be embroidered and not printed.

Spiderman face mask on the centre chest.
I think "Spiderman" printed down both sleeves. Might have been one sleeve but cant recall
And noticed after selling at least 5 that there was a small web emroidered as well just above the cuff.
Would be a nice touch to add the Caddy leaf reath just above the cuff in the same manner.
Or even have it circle the cuff if possible. Done discrimanatally tone on tone. Would be a sweet touch.

Dont know what it would cost to have a small run done.
But do know that a $70 (can) hoodie made in the hundreds at least, can still make a buck or 2 profit being sold for $10 out of a trunk or driveway.

I personally wouldnt add anything to the back.
The cost wouldnt be feasable.
Would also IMOA be too much.
My wife has said shes seen them with sruff on the hood. I havent.
But again, IMO, I think it would be too much.
If just subtle on the hood and somewhere else then ok. But not added to what you have already designed.
Thats good what youve got there :thumbsup:

Sure we want to look good and feel good bout what we drive and wear.
But I personally dont want to look like a walking billboard.
No over kill.
Were not talkin stuff it in your face BMW.

We're talkin Cadillac All The Way Class :golden:

I personally dont have anymore of the Spiderman hoddies that I was talkin about.
But am preety sure that my neighbors boy might have one.
Will find out when I have the time, and if so will take pics of it to show what I mean bout the embroider work.

Hmmm :alchi:
I wouldnt put "Caddy Info" on it either.
But not a bad idea for site advertising if they are willing to go with it.
That would be totally different promotion.
Maybe ask this sites owner what is allowed and where the boundries are.
Am sure that he/she has looked into it.

God Im going on & on & on......................

Nice mockup you've got. Looks great as it is.
Dont think Id add a thing.

BTW.
Im in the GTA (Ont) and have a friend with a garage full of Ts and Hoddies goin for cheap.
But no one knows where they came from.
They are liscenced and its all hush hush.:peeking:

Not like were on the internet here lol :crowded:

yourgmsolutions
11-09-06, 12:02 AM
I think it looks bad ass. winter is coming so i could use some of those. I want 3 of them

dfvrt
11-13-06, 12:32 AM
i like the design and would like one

RobertCTS
11-13-06, 09:32 AM
So Gothicaleigh where are you at now? Do you have a design and price yet?:bouncy: