: Dodge Breakin' Wide Open for 2007

Sandy
11-07-06, 08:03 PM
I saw a preview. For you guys here who are older than 50, you ain't gonna believe ya eyes!
As you know, the 6.1 Full Hemi is back and available in the Charger R/T & R/T Daytona. For 2007 they've upgraded almost every part of the car, and and and the 1970-71 colors are returning, along with a Springtime (2007) surprise!
For 2007 you can pick from:
Top Banana
Go ManGO
Plum Crazy
Sublime
Hemi Orange
Tor-Red
and..........
One New One, but onlyon the Spring Special....Yes, "The Bee is Baaack" !!
Super Bee returns in Bahama-Mama Yella !
20" Polished or Chome rims on 20" run flat tires. Suede & Leather interiors, and a tranny to handle that power curve, that can be shifted manually.
I saw the TV commecials and they are show stopping. I'd say Dodge is ~HOT~ again.

TomDeville
11-07-06, 08:13 PM
I am pleased to see the return
of those colors. They are a reminder
of a visually more pleasing automotive
era, when every second car on the road
was not silver and/or a fuglytoyota.

Dodge is certainly doing some things
correctly.

Best Regards,

TomDeville:cool2:

Boombotz
11-07-06, 08:17 PM
I am going to go look at the Dodge Nitro. Looks prety cool. It may replace my 05 F-150.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-07-06, 09:17 PM
Helloooooo Hemi Orange!

caddycruiser
11-07-06, 09:43 PM
Yep, the new Super Bee model has been out for a while--basically a slight appearance package for the existing SRT-8 Charger.

Good that they're still keeping these cars interesting, because a LOT of their other products need some serious work (Caliber, Compass, horrid new Sebring, etc.) and this is coming from someone who LIKES Chrysler a lot.

Stoneage_Caddy
11-07-06, 09:53 PM
the new sebring STINKS!!!!

the only worse new car smell out there is in a accord , but im not sure how much worse ...that was one foul smelling new car ....from people who did the best new car smell for a long time

SpeedyArizona
11-08-06, 07:26 AM
WOO!! Finally there listening to the public!

I may take a look at that new Super Bee, damn that'd be one hell of a work car. GO DODGE:D!

Sandy
11-08-06, 09:34 AM
http://www-5.dodge.com/vehsuite/vimg/us/eal/eal_images/81/CC07_LXDX48_2DX_PYB_APA_XXX_XXX.jpg

Super Bee SRT-8 425 HP Full Hemi 5- Speed Auto with Manual Paddle Controls
Navagation / DVD / MP3 - CD 11 "Kicker" Speakers - Kicker Subwoofer & Kicker Amp / 20" Hi Performance Tires & wheels 245x40 / 20
Moonroof tons more. Under $47,000 MSRLP $1,000 rebate $1,500 dealer discount

Should I sell my Town Car ????

Stoneage_Caddy
11-08-06, 10:37 AM
supersonic sandy , coming to a traffic school near you ...

i sat in every new car at the car show last sunday , the town car is the most confotable car there ....more comfy then anything cadillac and buick offer ...and slightly beatter then the mercury grand marquis....

yet the town car isnt mentioned in the full line lincolin brocure , it has its own seperate 1 page booklet

dp102288
11-08-06, 11:21 AM
Wow, that's a great color! I would love to get my Eldo that color!

Sandy
11-08-06, 12:24 PM
In 1970 it was called Bahama-Mama Yella. I think they have re-named it for 2007; but the paint code is the same. They now call it Detinator Yellow.
Interior is Black Suede & Leather combo.

Stoney, you can get the full Town Car brochure at a dealer. At auto shows they just give out 1 or 4 page flyers. I know it's the most comfy car out there and also the smoothest. But with 239 H.P. and 4,100 pounds, you're always last outta the gate!! If I could only get a Mustang Cobra (2003) V-8 into her !

96Fleetwood
11-08-06, 01:31 PM
You and my Dad think alike Sandy. My Dad is headed over to Tysinger Dodge tomorrow morning to try and trade in his 2006 SRT8 Charger for a 2007 Super Bee SRT8 Charger :thumbsup:

Sandy
11-08-06, 04:37 PM
Hate to use car salesman jargon on you - but, I know of no other way to hit nail on head.

Sadly, Dad's coming home angry. He's gonna take a bath at the dealer and be all sorts of pissy-faced! Nobody's at fault. They HAVE to take Dad's car at wholesale. They have to. Absolute. Have to. Just like a jewler will not pay retail for a gold cube you bring in. Retail buys at wholesale and sells at retail. (Well except for cars that get discounted.

That said, they don't have enough leeway between invoice & window sticker (MSRP) to pack on top of Dad's 1-year old SRT-8 They need to take Dad's car for UNDER invoice, in case it sit on the lot too long & drops in price. When Dad sees "how little" they offer him for his SRT-8 he's gonna become his own nuclear power station!
The first year's depreciation is staggering !! If financed, odds are he owes more than she is currently worth. The average owner doesn't catch up (what he owes to what it's worth) until month 34 of a 36 month loan.

I used to hate that type of a customer, because , there was little hope of putting a deal together & have a happy customer & all it really did was take a happy customer (when he drove in) and make him MAD AS _ _ _ _ !!

96Fleetwood
11-08-06, 04:45 PM
Hate to use car salesman jargon on you - but, I know of no other way to hit nail on head.

Having sold over 100 cars on eBay, I understand salesman jargon :thumbsup:

Don't worry about Dad though, he wouldn't buy a new car every year if he was worried about losing money. I will let you know if the Super Bee is in his driveway tomorrow :thumbsup:

Sandy
11-08-06, 06:17 PM
It's funny. I see you are 26, so.....Dads gotta be in his fiftes. I'm 59. Together we are destroying the intended demographics the car is intended for.........(or are we??)

thydarkprevails
11-08-06, 07:42 PM
i'm super excited to see the return of plum crazy purple

yes!

Sandy
11-09-06, 08:53 AM
I had one of every "Hi-Impact" (as they were named) color. I sold Dodge from 1968 thru 1971. We were New Jersey's foremost High Performance Dodge dealership, and and a seperate department called "Rallye Land" which was a dressed showroom with black & white flags and speed attire. We stocked, YES, STOCKED, car that would give other dealership owners nightmares. I headed up that dept. Herewith were my "demos" ~ which I actively sold (and did not keep hidden for me):

1970 Challenger R/T Special Edition 383 4-Bbl. Coupe in Sublime
1970 Challenger R/T Hemi Convertible 4.55 Trac Pac Axle in Plum Crazy
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 V-8 "Bullit Edition" ~ Triple Black
1971 Challenger R/T Convertible in Hemi Orange, white leather & top 340 6-Pac 4-Speed Stick with Drag Pac.
1971 Challenger R/T Coupe in Lemon Twist no vinyl top 383 4-Bbl
1971 Super Bee Pillar Coupe - Hemi-Coupe - Special Order Sassy Grass Green - Torqueflite Auto. 4.55 Rear

1972 dealership sold, new owners fired everybody, I went to Oldsmobile, and immediately got shit-canned into a 4-door Omega ! HoRrOrS An Omega was the Olds version of a Chevy Nova.

PS/ We actually had one of the original HEMI Darts, too. Could not idle - stalled constantly. Sold it for a heaping pile of $$$$ (then) which at today's values, would look like we gave it away......

dp102288
11-09-06, 08:54 AM
Doesn't matter how old someone is. A fast car is for everyone!

Sandy
11-09-06, 04:37 PM
A > G > R > E > E > D

xxpinballxx
11-09-06, 04:47 PM
Sublime all the way baby!!!!!!!!

Destroyer
11-09-06, 04:50 PM
http://www-5.dodge.com/vehsuite/vimg/us/eal/eal_images/81/CC07_LXDX48_2DX_PYB_APA_XXX_XXX.jpg

Should I sell my Town Car ????
You only live once so why the hell not?. You surprise me as of late. A guy that hates Mercedes yet when they are disguised as Chrysler products you love them. You gave the Crossfire glorious praise and that one in specific IS all Mercedes underneath and now the SRT8. An SRT8 (not sure which one) will be my next vechicle. Not too long ago you were considering a Mustang convertible which IMO is perhaps too big of a change from a Towncar. The SRT8 is a big change too but it is a practical car and roomy. Think how fun it would be blowing away new Mustangs, hell, according to most tests it can almost keep up with a GT500. Go for it!:thumbsup:

96Fleetwood
11-09-06, 05:41 PM
Go for it Sandy!

A local buyer has left a deposit for my Dad's '06 SRT8 today :thumbsup: We went and drove the Super Bee, but it did not have the Navigation or Uconnect, so it wasn't the right one for him.

CVP33
11-09-06, 05:50 PM
the new sebring STINKS!!!!

the only worse new car smell out there is in a accord , but im not sure how much worse ...that was one foul smelling new car ....from people who did the best new car smell for a long time

The interior layout is nice and there's some thoughtful touches, but the outside........geeez. What were they thinking? Not their best effort to date to be sure.

Sandy
11-09-06, 09:13 PM
I really like the looks & appeal of the Crossfire Convertible, especially in that light yellow with the white & Black Interior...but, I don't fit in it too well. It's interior can only be describe as "TINY" ~ Mentally I don't think of Chrysler Co. to be "foreign" - 'Ya, I know M-B owns - but I gre up withj Chrylser as American and...well...old beliefs die hard. I want a fast car, again...really fast, but I also like the Town Car super ride, quiet and monmouth trunk of 22 Cu In. I like the premium door panels in leather, vinyl & wood. The Charger is all plastic. Okay, nice looking plastic, but still plastic. I need to go sit in one for 30 minutes.....

Destroyer
11-09-06, 09:24 PM
I really like the looks & appeal of the Crossfire Convertible, especially in that light yellow with the white & Black Interior...but, I don't fit in it too well. It's interior can only be describe as "TINY" ~ Mentally I don't think of Chrysler Co. to be "foreign" - 'Ya, I know M-B owns - but I gre up withj Chrylser as American and...well...old beliefs die hard. I want a fast car, again...really fast, but I also like the Town Car super ride, quiet and monmouth trunk of 22 Cu In. I like the premium door panels in leather, vinyl & wood. The Charger is all plastic. Okay, nice looking plastic, but still plastic. I need to go sit in one for 30 minutes.....I agree, the interior of the SRT's is not up to par, the seats look great but are in stark contrast to the cheapish looking (at least) plastics used around them. Remember you are buying a lot of performance too so you will have to sacrifice the softness of a towncar. And yeah, its still hard to swallow that Chrysler isn't one of the "big three" anymore but you have to admit Chrysler has come a real long way since MB took over. For me any of the SRT8's is a good fit. I want a sports car but need a family car as I have 2 kids and it doesn't look like the SRT8 has any real competitors in its price range unless I shoot for a second hand BMW M5,E55 Benz or possibly a Jag XJR. A warranty does sound nice though.

TomDeville
11-09-06, 10:03 PM
I tend not to think of Chrysler as
'foreign' either; just significantly
more foreign than GM, and to a
lesser degree Ford.

I would have great difficulty with the
good quality; but, nonetheless,
cheap looking plastic interior.

Especially if I had Sandy's immaculate
fleet; and, even my Deville so sweet.

The 300c was something to see, at first.
The cheap plastic was my first turn off.
Subsequently, I likened it to a bastard
child of a dirty bareback one nighter
between a Bentley & Deville, with a bad dash.

I appreciate Sandy's fondness for the
Chrysler. The glory of the muscle is
coming back; now if they could take
a new Imperial beyond a concept...

If this could happen in good time;
I suspect,
Lord Sandy would be first in line.

:cool2:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-09-06, 10:14 PM
Reading this thread makes me very glad I didn't go into sales..

Slywun
11-09-06, 10:27 PM
I likened it to a bastard
:histeric: Classic!

96Fleetwood
11-10-06, 06:24 AM
If you want luxury.. the SRT8 Charger is not for you. You might want to look at a SRT8 300C.

Having driven my Dad's Charger SRT8 a few times, I can tell you the car is not quiet, not luxurious, and not refined. It is bumpy, it makes plastic on plastic noises, and it is loud. It is straight out balls out performance with a few techno goodies inside to make it fit into the current era. That is my Dad's main complaint with the car, and which is why he has started looking at the M5, E55, and 550i sport despite their higher price tag.

If you want a domestic with luxury and speed.. STS-V is your ticket :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-STS-V-High-performance-luxury_W0QQitemZ120050614817QQihZ002QQcategoryZ124 117QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Sandy
11-10-06, 08:17 AM
Tom DeVille, love what you wrote.
BTW, forget who said it, but the Chrysler 300-C SRT-8 & the Charger SRT-8 Super Bee are 99% identical inside.
So.....I think (and pray) that I am gonna hang onto the Towniee a bit longer (11,000 miles now) ~ and pray some more for the Imperial to be born. I'd be sick as hell to buy the Bee and 9 months later the Imp arrives, and we all know I could never ever resist Imperial # 7 for me. IF they wanna play in that field, I'd hope they'd leave the plasticty toys to the little league.

The above sentence mentioning the plastic-on-plastic road creeks & squeeks did me in!

Whom ever said, "I'm glad I never went into sales" ~ well sales is good, the world revolves around sales ~ just car sales stinks, because it's so unique. There is no other product that you trade in your old one on a new one, and that makes it hard, because you live in a wholesale world where the buyer wants retail when trading and wholesale when buying. Don't happen!
Secondly, no other product in the world lists it's seller's price on the web, and no other retailer advertises below invoice prices in the newspaper, and then tells it's salesforce to "move 'em up" !
Lastly there;s no other product in the world that costs anywhere from $18,000 to $79,000 with an average of $40,000 where the owner (dealer) makes only $1,000 and the salesman makes $100. Phlezze, God! So, yes, it's the pits.
It didn't used to be that way, pre 1966, but then a different breed entered & took over the retail end of things.....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-10-06, 01:05 PM
I hate how you have to lie or change the truth all the time in sales. I could never sell, I'm too honest.

Sandy
11-10-06, 03:51 PM
I too hate, I deplore lying. But, when e-one else is doing it, you have to if you want to make ANY money at all. The only one that makes any decent $$$ is the owner(s). In addition, the normal average buyer hasn't a clue on how to buy a new car. They are lost in the woods, and all the advice "out there" is wrong, to boot. I do feel sorry for them. Sadly, when I retired, I went to the local High School to sign up to teach a course on How To Buy A Car ~ the Correct Way. The school signed me up, I worked on notes to teach. Claases began in October. They did not run any class that had less than 7 people sign up. I had 2. Everybody else feels that they know it all. Do they ever...NOT !!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-10-06, 07:36 PM
I suppose, if you paycheck in on the line, you have to lie (and like a televangelist!) But atleast the big dealers aren't as bad, well not with the experiences I've had. I went to this little hole in the wall dealer about a year ago because I was kinda thinking of trading my deVille in on an Oldsmobile Ninety Eight, and they had one. I test drove the car, telling the owner of the place that I wasn't in the market, and I came back, he took me in his office and sat me down and we talked about pricing and stuff. Now keep in mind, I told him I was just browsing, so I had NO desire to sit in there and talk serious. And he asks to take a look at my car..he pops the hood, looks around for a few seconds and goes on to tell me that my heater core is plugged up and my headgasket is blown. WTF? I tell him the heat works fine and I've never had a "engine hot" or "SES" light come on. He tells me the computer must be garbage and offers me $1,000 best. I walked out.

AznPrydeRegalRyde
11-10-06, 07:56 PM
The 300c was something to see, at first.
The cheap plastic was my first turn off.
Subsequently, I likened it to a bastard
:cool2: Hilarious!! I got in trouble for laughing out loud at that one , haha.

dp102288
11-12-06, 10:25 AM
Yeah, Tom can get you in trouble with his words of wisdom! :D

Sandy
11-15-06, 03:10 PM
:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: I HEARD A RUMOR. I HEARD THAT THE IMERIAL IS ABOUT TO RECIEVE THE GREEN LIGHT, FOR A 2008 ROLL OUT:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

I will need to come out of retirement. I will need to find work. Surely, it will cost many dollars. If (BIG BIG word) ... IF it happens > :worship: It would be my 7th. 1 Ultra LEMON :want: and 6 great :banana:

TomDeville
11-16-06, 12:47 AM
Strawberries are Red; but,
Rosemary ain't Blue.

If the Imperial comes back;
Sandy may involuntarily spew.

:cool2:

Sandy
11-16-06, 08:11 AM
IF I don't like it ~ I will NOT buy it. I would not buy it....just because it came back! It's gotta deliver the goods. The 1982 Imperial (actually 1981 thru 1983) was a horrid car. Every one of the 12,381 broke down. One of the 10 worst cars of all times. But all of the others I owned were fabulous.
(1968/1971/1972/1974/1975/1978)

If something is designed one way, and you later take that internal design and add external - but major alterations to it, 9 outta 10 times it ain't gonna be any good!! You can't take a 318 Cu In V-8 designed to operate with a 2 or a 4 Bbl. carb. and deep 6 the carb and replace with electronic fool (:) ) Injection and then add a computer to moniter an engine with its roots back to when...... 1963 or so. Poor little things choaked themselves to death.