: What Is the Final Word on Ebay Headlights?

heavycat
11-07-06, 06:05 PM
I would like to know if buying the ebay clear lens headlights is a good idea. I tried to search the forum but couldnt find a real staight answer. I have a 2000 cat, has anyone successfully installed any aftermarket lights on any catera?
These are the ones i was looking at. But any help would be awesome.:confused:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Cadillac-Catera-CLEAR-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHTS-2000-and-UP_W0QQitemZ320045620703QQihZ011QQcategoryZ33710QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

aldi
11-08-06, 01:38 AM
They will work, but they are not the OEM lights made by Hella. They cost less than half the price of the OEM's and this is showing in a poorer quality. Some people in europe had no problem with these lights, other replaced them a week after installation.

BTW: Do you want to replace your milk-glass ones? Then you got a 99 Catera. Because the 2000 Catera had the clear glass installed from factory and these won't fit inthe 99 Cat.

heavycat
11-08-06, 02:18 PM
The lenses are clear but they have transluecent lines that run horizontal across the center of the lense. The ebay clear lense lights have more of a projector style lense. Mine is a 2000

chocolateprince
11-08-06, 04:02 PM
I bought the Clear Projector Lenses off of Ebay. They look great, however, mine didn't come with wiring instructions. So unfortunately I had to figure it out myself. Not to hard though. I just had to ground the driver side low beam light to the battery and install a heavier fuse (25 or 30) in the passenger side low beam slot under the steering wheel.

heavycat
11-08-06, 06:58 PM
Prince, is your cat a 2000 aswell. And do all the functions works such as fog lights, highbeams, and daytime runners

mach1456
11-08-06, 07:08 PM
Installed these they look great but the projector lens it not what i would buy. They are really hard to adjust and they don't give much light on the low beam.

heavycat
11-08-06, 10:57 PM
What Options do i have?:confused:

bK caddy
11-12-06, 12:50 AM
so these ones better?
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Cadillac-Catera-OEM-QUALITY-HEADLIGHT-SET-96-99-BULBS_W0QQitemZ320046485763QQihZ011QQcategoryZ3371 0QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

bengsxr
11-13-06, 10:23 PM
I have a 99 that I put the projector ones on and low beams are ok but not great and high beams will blind anyone on the road but I don't have any problem aiming these and the stock one fell apart so I will have to say a big step up. Also I have the wiring instuctions if any one needs them you one have to change two wires around easy as pie.

todd2fst4u
11-13-06, 10:45 PM
I have a 99 that I put the projector ones on and low beams are ok but not great and high beams will blind anyone on the road but I don't have any problem aiming these and the stock one fell apart so I will have to say a big step up. Also I have the wiring instuctions if any one needs them you one have to change two wires around easy as pie.
please post the wiring instructions as a reference for everyone.

has anyone purchased the black projector ones on ebay? if so, please post a picture. thanks

bengsxr
11-14-06, 06:52 PM
if anyone needs the instuctions i have them all nice with pics in a word file just PM your email and I will send it right away.

bK caddy
11-14-06, 08:29 PM
can u please send it to me on my emil
kuwaiiti@hotmail.com

thanks

Elo
11-15-06, 10:47 AM
7 more (6 after this) posts until I can send PM's...

At any rate, could you also send the instructions to me, as well? I'm considering picking a pair up to replace the badly hazed (*curses the Florida sun*) plastic lenses/housings. My e-mail is "tstofflet at gmail dot com"

Thanks!
-Elo

bengsxr
11-15-06, 11:06 PM
i sent to BK today and will send to you elo on thursday cause the info is on my work computer.

Elo
11-16-06, 09:52 AM
i sent to BK today and will send to you elo on thursday cause the info is on my work computer.

Awesome... :)

Thanks a lot!

-Elo

BlckCat
11-24-06, 05:23 AM
Bengsxr....

Sorry to be a nuisance but can I add my name to the list of people needing instructions???

My lights are supposedly arriving today (friday) and if I can, I would like to get them fitted tomorrow since weekends are my only real opportunity and it would be nice to see at night :)

If you or any of the people you have already kindly sent intructions to could forward me the mail, it would be so helpful. E-mail address as below;

Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving.

Mick

Mickscar @ comcast . net

Elo
11-25-06, 04:37 PM
Mick,

I didn't get to my e-mail or the forums until today, but I e-mailed you them just in case.

Good luck and let us know how they turn out!

-Elo

BlckCat
11-25-06, 05:27 PM
Hi Elo,

As it turned out I got a set of instructions e-mailed but I do appreciate you sending them.

The lights are fitted and I am pleased with them. I posted a couple of pics. I could imagine that the black wouldn't be to everyone's liking but I really like the look. My car is black and the windows have a 15% tint, so the black really sets it off.

Again, thank you for sending and I hope you have a great weekend.

Cheers,

Mick

Elo
11-25-06, 10:21 PM
Yah... The black really wouldn't go too well with my cat considering it's Champaign/Pewter 2-tone lol...

But I was just lookin' more for an idea of what the e-bay headlights looked like fitted... Maybe get a night shot to see how they look lit up?

Anyway, glad they look so good; can't wait to get rid of my faded-to-hell plastic lenses...

-Elo

BlckCat
11-26-06, 08:05 AM
I need some help with alignment and I'm about to post that question, but in relation to yours, I can when the above is done, post a night shot or two if it helps?

My own take, and again not aligned, that their isn't much improvement over the stock faded, with the projector low beam (I may upgrade the bulb) but the high beam is nice. (H1's and H7's respectively).

It is however a much cleaner look compared to the faded cloudy OEM's that were on before.

Mick.

todd2fst4u
12-08-06, 07:10 PM
can someone please email me the instructions? thanks
todd2fst4u(a)gmail.com

gminnick9
12-11-06, 06:22 PM
I hope it is not too late to be added to this list. My email is gminnick9@woh.rr.com. Thanks.

todd2fst4u
12-11-06, 10:55 PM
I hope it is not too late to be added to this list. My email is gminnick9@woh.rr.com. Thanks.
i forwarded it to you.

ferniefool
01-27-07, 01:58 PM
Can't PM yet, Is it too late to get those wiring instructions emailed to me:

cdncaddycat@yahoo.ca

thanks

todd2fst4u
01-27-07, 07:47 PM
Can't PM yet, Is it too late to get those wiring instructions emailed to me:

cdncaddycat@yahoo.ca

thanks

i sent you an email.

mzacherl
01-29-07, 10:08 AM
Could it be possible for me to get those wiring instructions. I am unable to PM quite yet.

mzacherl@gmail.com

Thanks!

todd2fst4u
01-29-07, 06:40 PM
Could it be possible for me to get those wiring instructions. I am unable to PM quite yet.

mzacherl@gmail.com

Thanks!

i sent them to you

RayDawg
02-21-07, 12:31 PM
The ones I bought from EuroS**T4Less, are just that S**T!!!!!

They were cheap, missing parts, miswired and CANNOT BE AIMED.
300+ later and an ongoing paypal dispute, and I still had to buy OEM headlights!!

STAY AWAY FROM EBAT PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS FROM EUROS**T4LESS !!!!

The Dawg

todd2fst4u
02-21-07, 01:10 PM
The ones I bought from EuroS**T4Less, are just that S**T!!!!!

They were cheap, missing parts, miswired and CANNOT BE AIMED.
300+ later and an ongoing paypal dispute, and I still had to buy OEM headlights!!

STAY AWAY FROM EBAT PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS FROM EUROS**T4LESS !!!!

The Dawg

guessing you had a bad experience? they aren't necessarily missing parts. you have to reuse the turn signal holders from your old headlights and you have to reuse one other part that keeps the assembly from moving around. if you dont do this, you probably wont be able to aim them, which is what you are experiencing. as for mis-wired, this thread has been talking about that for ages. all you have to do is cut 2 wires in the drivers side light and switch them.

dont let this discourage other buyers. i think they are great. the black projectors look amazing on the black catera.

CateraMV6
02-21-07, 03:40 PM
Hey you should try to get some night shots from down the road, I would like to see how well they light up the road.

todd2fst4u
02-21-07, 11:05 PM
Hey you should try to get some night shots from down the road, I would like to see how well they light up the road.

here are some pictures

todd2fst4u
02-28-07, 10:55 PM

here are some pictures with 6000k hids in the low beams

Lawrence_C
03-01-07, 07:32 PM
Can you please send me an email too?

eatmahtofu@gmail.com

THANK YOU

phil98
03-22-07, 10:21 PM
Can someone email me the wiring instructions?
philpagel@gmail.com

I have the clear lights installed but only the driver side day time running light works.

R-Caddy
03-25-07, 09:23 PM
I guess they would look good on my black Cat then too...

CateraMV6
04-25-07, 09:59 AM
Now can someone post pictures of these lights against a garage door so we can see the light pattern, it also helps if you take some night shots at an empty parking lot because its very hard to tell what they look like where you took them.

AHazzardToAll
07-05-07, 10:23 PM
Can someone please e-mail me the info too? Thanks. single_boy202@yahoo.com

todd2fst4u
07-06-07, 03:14 AM
Can someone please e-mail me the info too? Thanks. single_boy202@yahoo.com

sent

AHazzardToAll
07-11-07, 10:20 PM
Thank YOU!!! it would have been so much simpler if those came with it,... :thepan: i spent 4 days touching wires together, and it was a 4 min job :crybaby: lol, thanks alot.

CateraMV6
07-12-07, 10:46 AM
Could someone :worship:please take a photo of the projector cutoff lets say on a garage door or some wall just to show how sharp it is and what kind of light spread they have. Thanks

todd2fst4u
07-12-07, 11:35 AM
Could someone :worship:please take a photo of the projector cutoff lets say on a garage door or some wall just to show how sharp it is and what kind of light spread they have. Thanks here is the best i could get

buckweet1
07-14-07, 07:38 PM
Todd, could you please send me the instructions also. Thank you. brentandbeth2007@msn.com

elvin315
07-16-07, 10:17 AM
I don't have the blackened headlights on my car but I have pictures of them on the cars of others.

http://www.pbase.com/elvin315/image/75897706
http://www.pbase.com/elvin315/image/75897709
http://www.pbase.com/elvin315/image/75897721
http://www.pbase.com/elvin315/image/75033721
http://www.pbase.com/elvin315/image/72813958

JRinus
11-02-07, 01:32 PM
Could someone email the headlight wiring information. Just got the lights and I am hoping to get them put in this weekend;

todd2fst4u
11-02-07, 04:56 PM
Could someone email the headlight wiring information. Just got the lights and I am hoping to get them put in this weekend;

you only have to ask once. i already emailed them to you.

JRinus
11-05-07, 03:58 PM
thank you, did not realize I posted twice. Thanks for the wiring instrucitons. My lights look great. We do have to "adjust them" a bit. Hope that works out well...

saco
12-23-07, 07:46 PM
Any directions or comments on the proper way to aim the projector headlights. I installed them fine and the look great (TYC Brothers).

ChaticCatera206
12-30-07, 03:13 PM
Could someone send me the instructions on wiring the projectors for 99 catera please? I have to switch on the high beams and unplug the high beam bulbs in order for both low beams to work. Thank you.

dsmgsturbo27@comcast.net

1998catera
01-08-08, 09:28 AM
I could also really use the wiring instructions for my '98 Catera. I'm ordering the headlights tomorrow. Mine are pointed about a foot in front of my car.

todd2fst4u
01-08-08, 09:34 AM
I could also really use the wiring instructions for my '98 Catera. I'm ordering the headlights tomorrow. Mine are pointed about a foot in front of my car.

email address?...

elvin315
01-08-08, 10:14 AM
Why email them? Just post them here so others can read. Plus, they'll be available with a search in the future.

Elvin

1998catera
01-08-08, 11:13 AM
Haha, whoops. mattchittick@hotmail.com

1998catera
01-13-08, 09:08 PM
I just ordered my lights. What is the best bulb to put in to match the stock fogs? I don't have the excess cash to replace the fogs at the moment. I stull need to do a keyless start, tinted windows, cd changer, new speakers, etc. Big plans, smallish budget!

wubbsjr
04-22-08, 01:58 AM
hey bengsxr, can you sent me the instructions for the projection headlights thanx i'm going crazy trying to fix my lights.

wubbsjr
04-23-08, 09:30 AM
can someone email the wiring instructions for the ebay projection headlights i keep getting pulled over by the police here in nyc ,they want to give me tickets but i still have my foglamps thanx. bigpoppye@aol.com

wubbsjr
04-26-08, 01:36 AM
thanx todd2fst4u for the instructions, i still have a problem the driverside daytime running light comes on and at night the passenger side lights come on but no driverside lights someone, please help me with this problem thanx.

spmcco
04-27-08, 06:46 PM
Since my adjusters were FUBAR I bought the e-bay lights. Now I can see at night, and they look really good. Just be careful with the bulbs they send. You will get 100w bulbs and that is just illegal, switch them over for 55w (at least the low beams) and aim them properly and I think you'll be happy. The ebay lights come from from Germany (off the omega) so there is a little issue with wireing, but a few minutes with a soldering gun and you'll be on the road.

szaeske
05-21-08, 11:12 PM
Would someone mind forwarding the wiring instructions again? I tried searching for a post with the instructions per elvin's suggestion, but didn't have any success.

szaeske@yahoo.com

thanks,

scott

duganwa
05-22-08, 07:49 PM
I ordered the headlights today(5/22/08) and wondering if some one could email me the wiring instuctions and prehaps a diagram please. Thanks. Duganwa@verizon.net

szaeske
05-29-08, 10:24 AM
Would someone mind forwarding the wiring instructions again? I tried searching for a post with the instructions per elvin's suggestion, but didn't have any success.

szaeske@yahoo.com

thanks,

scott

Anyone willing to forward the info?

-scott

todd2fst4u
05-31-08, 06:42 PM
Anyone willing to forward the info?

-scott

I ordered the headlights today(5/22/08) and wondering if some one could email me the wiring instuctions and prehaps a diagram please. Thanks. Duganwa@verizon.net

sent it to both of you

R-Caddy
05-31-08, 06:50 PM
I plan on getting a set of those as well. May I also have the instructions, just in case, or could someone just post them here. Please... :bigroll:

todd2fst4u
05-31-08, 10:11 PM
email address?

flossinon24s
06-02-08, 03:12 PM
I would also like the instructions. liftedlacon22s@aol.com

R-Caddy
06-10-08, 05:38 PM
Can't pull the picture out, but here it goes:
"Reason for required change: As most Catera owners know the vehicle was made in Germany, and has a close relative the Opel Omega. These lights were intended for the Omega and the wiring is slightly different.

TO THE DRIVER SIDE ASSEMBLY ONLY (L)
– NO CHANGE is needed to the passenger side assembly.

back side of fixture

First locate the wiring that will need the change (A) the brown wire for the low beam, and (B) the gray wire for the light socket that is not used**.

Cut the brown wire (A) about 3-4” from the grounding connector, then cut the gray wire (B) about 1-1/2” from the unused light socket.

The gray wire (the end that leads to the factory socket pin) run the cut end through the fixture to the brown wire with the grounding connector. (It is also good ideal to run through the sleeve going to the low beam)

Using a split butt connector (not provided) join the brown grounding connector wire and the gray wire. Using some electrical tape, tape up the unused wire ends.

You are finished.

** The small light socket is not used on the Catera. It does not provide any additional lighting benefit or reduction. (Though it is there for those whom like doing custom lighting)"

todd2fst4u
06-11-08, 02:40 AM
here's the picture

R-Caddy
06-11-08, 10:15 PM
groovy ;)

Gr3g_2_F@5t
06-19-08, 08:40 PM
ive been looking for headlights for my 97 catera. where are you all finding them? i cant find them anywhere. anyone have links?

opel_omega_steinmetz
06-20-08, 03:06 AM
I can deliver brand new clear head lights for 210 euro's ex shipment (1994 - 1999)

I also can deliver brand new black clear head lights for 240 euro's ex shipment (1994 - 1999)

Shipping costs are 46 euro's for both headlight.

Is have them for myself as well;

http://members.home.nl/omegamv6/Omega%20en%20Sam.JPG

I dont know headlights are cheaper over there, but i thought i give it a try, maybe i can help you.

urbanski
06-20-08, 06:47 AM
I can deliver brand new clear head lights for 210 euro's ex shipment (1994 - 1999)

I also can deliver brand new black clear head lights for 240 euro's ex shipment (1994 - 1999)

Shipping costs are 46 euro's for both headlight.

Is have them for myself as well;

[img]http://members.home.nl/omegamv6/Omega%20en%20Sam.JPG[/ig]

I dont know headlights are cheaper over there, but i thought i give it a try, maybe i can help you.what do you mean deliver? if you'd like to sell here please become a supporting vendor
http://www.cadillacforums.com/subscribe.html

and please reread our rules
http://www.cadillacforums.com/agreement.html

elvin315
06-20-08, 08:29 AM
what do you mean deliver? if you'd like to sell here please become a supporting vendor

English isn't his primary language. I think he means he can ship them as a favor. I could be wrong but that's my take.

Elvin

Army_MP_From_MO
06-20-08, 12:20 PM
what do you mean deliver? if you'd like to sell here please become a supporting vendor

The parts for our cars are so rare and hard to get, we have to help each other out. Why not start up on the other Caddy groups and police them. I've watched them post and sell things that can be picked up anywhere, in bulk! Those are the folks who should be posting classifieds!

urbanski
06-20-08, 12:48 PM
English isn't his primary language. I think he means he can ship them as a favor. I could be wrong but that's my take.

Elvin

if he just wants to act as a shipper from europe to over here as a courtesy to our members that will be fine. the members can order the lights from the company and this user can ship, just so he makes no profit.

gunther1000
06-20-08, 02:47 PM
Wow, thats likely... How many perfect strangers will do anything for anyone with no profit? Why stop the guy from making a few dollars? no big deal...

Army_MP_From_MO
06-20-08, 06:39 PM
It's no wonder that folks are gravitating to a different Catera owner forum

Catera
06-21-08, 01:40 PM
Hi,
new Headlights for Omega/Catera.

http://www.kfzteileberlin.com/img/icg.jpg (http://www.kfzteileberlin.com/img/icg.jpg)
Black ebay: 200233173987

http://www.kfzteileberlin.com/img/icd.jpg
Chrome: 380039177521

Greets Catera

Clintoncole79
03-29-09, 03:50 PM
hey could you send it to me to i tried to send you a mesg but said i had to have certain things met. whatever that means.
But my email adress is chrenshaw@Q.com Also mine is a 99 so im hoping thats what you have. And did you buy your lights off of ebay?

CateraMV6
04-03-09, 03:35 PM
Wow so 210 Euro + 46 Euro (to ship) thats 256 EURO.. (1 Euro = 1.3446 U.S. ) that comes to $344.21 that seems to be about the same as what the ones off eBay cost... and a little more expensive then European USED units...

gunther1000
04-06-09, 05:14 PM
Wow so 210 Euro + 46 Euro (to ship) thats 256 EURO.. (1 Euro = 1.3446 U.S. ) that comes to $344.21 that seems to be about the same as what the ones off eBay cost... and a little more expensive then European USED units...

So what your really saying is :

CateraMV6
04-07-09, 10:19 PM
Try searching on ebay.co.uk for some Omega headlights, be kind to the sellers and ask them if they ship to the US often times they dont mind for some extra money, and you can get yourself a nice set of Euro lights which are of a higher quality and often times in much better conditions then what you will find in the local scrap yards... if you are lucky...

Otherwise if you want some new ones with angel eyes etc.. these would make for a good set but being aftermarket their light output is never good. I guess it will be a super nice mod to throw some nice projectors in those and call it a day...

jpmccr
04-25-09, 04:15 PM
I want to replace my wife's Cat's headlights but I have no idea where to look. I used to see them on eBay but lately not. I think they were crap and they finally stopped offering them. Can anyone out there in "Cat Land" offer some suggestions. Thanks in advance . . . . . . .

;)

Army_MP_From_MO
04-25-09, 06:19 PM
I just bought some off Ebay and they work very well. Check Ebay UK for Omega B

elvin315
04-25-09, 10:19 PM
Check Ebay UK for Omega B

............and Omega C.

There really isn't a C but some people use it to differentiate between pre-facelift ('94 - '99) and facelift ('00 - '01) Omegas.

Warez
04-25-09, 11:21 PM
Don't forget that in the UK they drive on the other side, so the headlights may be different. I'm not sure if the UK uses a RHD version of the ECE mainland European light, but if they do, you need to open them and swap the parts.

Army_MP_From_MO
04-28-09, 08:18 PM
Which parts need swapped?

CateraMV6
04-29-09, 12:51 PM
The set I got was from the UK and it had a lever that would move the left hand bump of light down and make it a flat beam...

WHat you need to do is pop off the high beam cover and stick your fingers in there and you will feel it, then simply move it up...

NOw for US, you may have to take those apart and then remove the projector, disassemble the front lens, flip around the cutoff shield or make new ones by using the old ones as a template... then reinstall everything and you should be good to go...