: Election 2006: Who are you watching on TV?

Elvis
11-07-06, 04:53 PM
Which network do you think will give the best coverage?

In 2000 Tim Russert took the crown and in my opinion, hasn't relinquished it. I look for Katie Couric to come in 4th, barely ahead of CNN.

Stephanopolous is really good. I expect him to be the king when Russert retires.

JRau
11-07-06, 05:08 PM
Fox News is usually the most balanced, imo.

JRau in central Iowa

urbanski
11-07-06, 05:32 PM
jane skinner > *

gdwriter
11-07-06, 05:36 PM
I have assignments to grade for the two online community college classes I'm teaching, so I doubt I'll watch; not a big fan of any of the network news shows, anyway. If I got Comedy Central, I'd watch The Daily Show's coverage. But I will probably turn on National Public Radio to listen in the background while I'm working.

P-Funk
11-07-06, 05:55 PM
I voted Fox. I assumed that meant/included Fox News Channel.

And, as always, urby makes a very good point. :thumbsup:

CIWS
11-07-06, 06:02 PM
Comedy Central BABY !!!! Special coverage :D

gothicaleigh
11-07-06, 07:29 PM
Fox News is usually the most balanced, imo.

You have to be kidding me. :histeric:

urbanski
11-07-06, 07:33 PM
You have to be kidding me. :histeric:

so you would not be in the jane skinner > * camp would you :p

Stoneage_Caddy
11-07-06, 07:59 PM
ABC/Comedy Central , i like my news unadulterd by the government ........like .....FOX....cough cough ....

illumina
11-08-06, 12:30 AM
I put NBC because that's the channel I happened to have the T.V. on when I turned the tube on...And I'm too lazy to turn the channel...Wait, I just turned it to ABC.

Jesda
11-08-06, 03:39 AM
Drudgereport.com

RobertCTS
11-08-06, 08:30 AM
I was so burned out on all those damned political commercials that I wasn't interested in the TV results. I picked up the newspaper this morning and ingested it all in 60 seconds. I was pleased with the outcome. The "Terminator" is doing a sequel in Calyfornia.:rolleyes:

Elvis
11-08-06, 09:32 AM
I'm amazed at the lack of interest here.

For me, election nights are bigger than the Super Bowl, World Series, NBA finals, March Madness, and New Years Day bowl games COMBINED. Watching the whole thing play out fascinates me, whichever way it happens to turn out.

TagApl4
11-08-06, 09:38 AM
I watxched FoxNews last night. Not cus its balanced, cus its not. They were admitting to reporting results early that had not been called and said "well we may take scrutiny for this" I was thinking this reminds me of a presidential election a few years back do they learn? But the reason I was watching it is that sexy lil Asian reporter. OMG! she could tell me the world was gonna end and I would be ok with it. What was her name? I need to find her.

http://hotair.cachefly.net/media.michellemalkin.com/graphics/mm.gif
Michelle Malkin

Elvis
11-08-06, 09:46 AM
FOXNews is okay on TV, but that radio network of theirs is as biased as Limbaugh.

I stuck with Williams, Brokaw, & Russert last night. Woke up twice in the middle of the night, they were still on at 3:00 am. Then Russert was on first thing this morning too. I'll be he sleeps until Sunday.

I flipped over to CBS and poor Katie was limping along. It was horrible.

ABC had good commentary but their studio was too bright and distracting. People like simple, darker backgrounds, and familiar surroundings.

dp102288
11-08-06, 12:18 PM
Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert gave me all the info I needed.

But to get election results, I caught CNN. :histeric:

gdwriter
11-08-06, 01:00 PM
As planned, I had the radio tuned to NPR while I graded papers last night. I also surfed over to the Web sites of CNN, Washington Post, New York Times, CNN, The Oregonian and a couple of blog sites.

I'm just relieved it's over and it appears that American democracy—creaky though it may be—still managed to function.

fast66
11-11-06, 03:45 AM
Fox is not balanced at all, and they dont try to hide it one bit. They keep more loyal fans that way.

CNN is not balanced either, but they atleast try to cover their one sidedness up.

I go with Comedy Central cause Colbert and Stewart make fun of everyone equally, doesnt matter if it's orielly or wolf blitzer.