: The Lotus Elise Should Probably Be Serviced Anywhere But Orlando

Blackout
11-07-06, 12:34 PM
http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/assets/resources/2006/11/PICT0081.JPGThis

JALOPNICK AUTO NEWS - - Story hit the EliseTalk forums yesterday -- it all starts with an Lotus owner in Orlando, FL who took his Elise into Goodyear to drop a new set of tires on his canary yellow grip-tight speedster. And the result was -- well, let's just say we'd be laughing if we weren't crying so hard. Here's the story, straight from forum member and dented-Elise owner qball:

First of all, I did EVERYTHING I was supposed to except stick around and watch.

Dropped my Elise off to the local Goodyear shop to have new F1G3s installed. My Father-in-law is the service manager and has been for 10 years. He is out on medical leave, but he met me at the shop this morning, because he understands the uniqueness of the car.
I handed them the tire tools and opened the Owner's Manual to the jacking instructions so they would be clear. We went over all the instructions and they assured me I was in good hands.
We left...1 hour later I get a call about the "accident" and that I needed to come down...
WTF!
So this is what I found...
Full gallery below and the rest of what happened below the jump. [Lotus Elise Busted Gallery (http://www.jalopnik.com/photogallery/LotusTire/)]
continue reading ? (http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/news/the-lotus-elise-should-probably-be-serviced-anywhere-but-orlando-212968.php)

CadillacSTS42005
11-07-06, 04:45 PM
wow that sucks...

CadillacGurl
11-07-06, 04:56 PM
Poor Lotus... sucks to be the dumbasses that did that

xxpinballxx
11-08-06, 12:36 AM
I would be pissed to say the least!
I really do not like the Elise at all looks too opal-esque to me....
but none the less to have gone through the directions to jack it up properly and all the prep work and then have it mangled!
Someone would have a air rachet to the nuts if it was me!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-08-06, 12:42 AM
That happened to my uncle's 70 GTO convertible too. No lie!

He just got it, and he took it to some sort of a repair shop, it fell off the lift, technicially it was totaled, but they paid for the repair/restoration, and now he drives it quite a bit and loves it!

dp102288
11-08-06, 11:58 AM
I hate shops that say "yeah we know". They act like you are insulting their grade-school intelligence, and then when something goes wrong they blame it on the customer.

I love it when the people at the shop ask me questions. Makes me feel they don't know it all, and that they need some help. That way they won't rush into it. I know there are kind, understanding, and actually smart people who work at these shops. Those are the ones I ask for.

If someone working on my car acts like an ass, I take my keys and leave. I won't even pay the bill if I am pissed. My car is worth more than the stuck up fool at the shop.

fast66
11-11-06, 03:34 AM
This cant be real

Nobody is that stupid

nigelb
11-11-06, 05:26 AM
This cant be real

Nobody is that stupid

:yeah:
who in their right mind would buy an elise?
pinball is kinda right as well, vauxhall sell their own version, the vx220 so in a way it is an opel.

Blackout
11-11-06, 01:45 PM
lol....An Elise would run circles around anything Opel has to offer let alone an Exige

nigelb
11-11-06, 03:11 PM
i disagree with your thoughts that the lotus will run rings round a vauxhall/opel product.
as far as i know, the vx 220 is built in the same factory using basically the same parts.
the new vxr 220 has a 2 liter turbo motor with 220 hp and 150 lb/ft of torque, hits 60 in 4.2 seconds and does 154mph. the motor in the vxr is a gm design,
these all better than the lotus elise figures of 190 hp, 138 lb/ft torque, 60 in 4.9 (4.7 with sports pack) and 150mph. the motor in the lotus is a toyota
the standard non turbo vx220 hits 60 in 4.7 secs, has 200hp, 184 lb/ft torque and does 151 mph.
the vx prices compare favourably with the lotus.

dp102288
11-12-06, 11:51 AM
Damn that's fast!!!