: Pricing for 07 SRX

fig32
11-07-06, 08:10 AM
I went to price an 07 loaded V6 SRX last night and the dealer will offer it for $500 over invoice minus the $2145 navigation discount. Is that about right for a loaded 07? I want to make sure that I don't leave any money on the table. They had a few in stock in silver with gray interior. The new interior is very nice and I really liked the vehicle.

The sticking point is my trade. I have a loaded CTS-V 05 with low miles and they offered my 27K for it? I told them they were crazy and that if my car depreciates that much after 2 years what does that say for this SRX? The salesman assured me that would not happen to an SRX and I asked him if he had checked out the used market lately? They were not holding value and neither were STS's. He was very surprised to hear me quote numbers. I liked the truck and my CTS-V is my first Caddi. I just don't want to take a bath everytime I go to trade in. Seems to be SOP for Cadillac!

Again, I really like the vehicle and it fits my work obligations better to be back in an SAV/SUV. I still have a two seater convertible in the stable so while I will miss the horsepower, I will still have fun. The SRX handled very nicely. They did not have one with MRC and the salesman told me it was only available with the V8. I see that is not the case when specing one out. Can't seem to find one with MRC close to home here in NJ.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mark

ckrichards
11-07-06, 08:19 AM
You should try an SRX with MRC. The handling is much better with MRC in spirited driving.

TSS
11-07-06, 08:38 AM
Hold out for one with MRC. Handling and ride are vastly better than non-MRC.

b4z
11-07-06, 09:56 AM
27K for a '05 V?
That is almost 50% depreciation off of MSRP.
Go to another dealer.
And he is lying to you if he says Caddy's don't depreciate.
That is why I lease GM cars.
I expect trade-in value on both my GTO and SRX to be about $6-8K less than
my residual.
Let GM take that hit when they auction the cars off after the lease is up.
Or after they offer me early termination.

caddycruiser
11-07-06, 01:31 PM
For trade, $27k doesn't sound THAT far fetched, as typical selling prices for '05 -V's is in the low to mid $30k's...so trades are always a bit below that. I'd say $30k even would be right, but still check out KBB and Edmunds to compare their values. And one must remember, especially with a -V, the winter season is just around the corner, so a high-powered V8 RWD sports sedan might not be of a dealer's greatest interest in the first place.

As for the SRX, at least with the '04-06s before the prices were dropped from their high levels and they had the old interior, depreciation is HUGE. A lot like the often fleeted DTS and the slow selling STS. But I'd still wait to see if the prices that were lowered for '06, coupled with the great new '07 interior will help out that resale drop--it very well might, especially if GM watches not to overproduce them and leave gluts sitting around.

fig32
11-07-06, 01:51 PM
Thanks guys. I think that if I go with an SRX, I will hold out for MRC. I know that Caddi's depreciate but 50% was just way too much. I don't lease because I put too many miles on my cars. I usually get a new car every 18-24 months. I just never had this happen with the BMWs or Infinitis that I have purchased. My Acura was an easy sell even though the dealer lowballed my trade. I sold it outright in a few days. It's tough when you go out of your way to take special care of your car, keep it perfect and then get shit for a trade!

I will go to another dealer and see what I can work out. I don't have to get a new car right now and can hang onto the V. I just want a new car if I can work out an acceptable deal to me. Thanks!

figgie
11-08-06, 04:01 PM
ahh the good ole "that is news to me"

the salesman is feeding you a line of bullshit. They are very aware of what the market is. My opinion if you are going to sell your CTS-V do not trade it but put it for sale on one of the auto selling sites. Trust me the stealership will rape you for trade in value. 27K for an 05 is about right as they take the market value of the car and literally deduct 25% - 40% of it. That is how they offer you trade in value. this applies to ALL cars. biggest sham in all of sales too!

wifescaddy
11-08-06, 04:20 PM
Have you tried kerbeck down in A.C..on my way to work this morning i saw he had a few srx's in stock.

caddycruiser
11-08-06, 07:41 PM
27K for an 05 is about right as they take the market value of the car and literally deduct 25% - 40% of it. That is how they offer you trade in value. this applies to ALL cars. biggest sham in all of sales too!

It's not that big of a sham. They have to make a profit too, and given the extra ease on you for not having to do anymore than let them appraise it and sign over the papers, why would you then get full retail value? If they give you a price considerably lower than elsewhere, that annoyance is understandable, but beyond that it's just simple business.

In this particular case, the -V's are a limited series when new, and used, they just aren't something every dealer has a desire to have in their used lot (not always the biggest seller on that lot), so that drops the value even more, since they have to consider the fact it might not resell for much higher.

But waiting seems like a good idea, and you should also look at and drive some others with additional options. If all else fails, ordering is simple as pie and doesn't take that long, and the price is usually as good or better than something off the lot, so it's very attractive. And in the meantime, if you decide to, you can probably sell your -V outright without too much trouble, and get a better price for it.

fig32
11-08-06, 08:00 PM
Thanks guys! I sold my last two cars and did very well. I am just very, very busy at work and don't really have the time. If the numbers are even close, with the tax advantage, it is worth it to me to trade. I don't mind that the dealer makes money on me, just that they don't completely rape me!

I will continue looking and unfortunately while I really liked the SRX, I am going to cross shop a few other brands and pick the dealer that give me the best deal overall. There are a lot of fine cars out there and the SRX is very high on the list.

I will check out a few more dealers and report back!

Wagoneer
11-09-06, 05:59 PM
It's not that big of a sham. They have to make a profit too, and given the extra ease on you for not having to do anymore than let them appraise it and sign over the papers, why would you then get full retail value?

That is true, but how much is the convenience worth? I would say about $1,000 at most, to pay for their reconditioning and resale effort. When they start offering you $5,000 less than they resell the car for, you are getting shafted as bad or worse than you would be if you bought the new SRX at MSRP.

I once had a 4 year old Audi A4 with 55,000 miles. MSRP was $35,000, I sold it privately for $18,500, the CarMax appraiser offered me $8,700. The dealer is entitled to make some money, but always do your homework before you trade a car in. And be ready to take a walk if they give you a bad offer, just as easily as you would if they insisted on MSRP (for a non-hot car).

Krug Ford
11-09-06, 07:10 PM
If you are looking for a price on a new SRX Please contact me I am a new Vendor to the formum and I am giving fantastic deals that can not be beat..

I will beat all deals hands down...

TSS
11-10-06, 08:31 AM
Although purchase my Cadillacs from nearby Capitol Cadillac, I can vouch that Superior is also good dealership to work with.

Todd

Krug Ford
11-10-06, 10:26 AM
Although purchase my Cadillacs from nearby Capitol Cadillac, I can vouch that Superior is also good dealership to work with.

Todd

Thanks for the kind words. If you need anything please call me. I also provide free pick up and delivery of vehicles in the area and also can arrange service arrangements.