: Trouble Code on '96 Eldorado

AElayyat
02-29-04, 11:55 PM
Hi all, my dad noticed his 'Service Engine Soon' on in his '96 Eldorado. I checked the codes and got a code that reads: "PC0300 History". The diagnostics then goes through and does its thing. After it goes through it say "PCM ?", I started to play with the buttons and I did not clear the memory, what should I do after that. Does any one have an idea of what this code it? I have not got a chance to get the service book for this car. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

BeelzeBob
03-01-04, 04:18 PM
Hi all, my dad noticed his 'Service Engine Soon' on in his '96 Eldorado. I checked the codes and got a code that reads: "PC0300 History". The diagnostics then goes through and does its thing. After it goes through it say "PCM ?", I started to play with the buttons and I did not clear the memory, what should I do after that. Does any one have an idea of what this code it? I have not got a chance to get the service book for this car. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

PC0300 is the trouble code for engine misfire...it indicates that an engine misfire has been detected....it doesn't give a specific cause...could be plugs, wires, injector, etc... If the code persists it would be desireable to do a cylinder balance test to see which cylinder is causing the problem to further the diagnosis.

The PCM? message is just the onboard diagnostic system prompting you...it is asking PCM?.... answer yes with the HI button and no with the LO button.

AElayyat
03-02-04, 01:07 AM
Thanks alot for the help