: No need to wash my cars anymore

Destroyer
11-06-06, 08:00 PM
Its a nice sunny Florida day today as usual and I decide to wash the cars. Then the garage door opens and my 3 year old son says "dad what you doin?" I said "washing the cars" so he says "I wanna help you", I said "ok then, come on out". He hosed them down, helped me soap them up and then dry them off. Pretty cool, first time he helped me with anything and behaved. He just turned 3, seems like yesterday I was posting about my wife getting ready to give birth. I have a 6 year old daughter but she had homework, oh well. Here's a couple of pics of Sebastian cleaning dads cars. Maybe I'll have the 'ole Fleetwood around when he turns 16 and give it to him as his first car. I hope he doesn't want a ricer.

CadillacGurl
11-06-06, 08:04 PM
Awww he's so cute! Haha its nice for daddy to show him how to wash his family's car. Just wait until he's older and he's gonna not even want to wash his own car.

Lord Cadillac
11-06-06, 08:10 PM
Pretty cool! And holy crap! Look at that Fleetwood!:worship:

Slywun
11-06-06, 08:11 PM
Destined to be a car guy....

caddydaddy
11-06-06, 08:21 PM
You've trained him well!

AlBundy
11-06-06, 08:54 PM
Those are those Impala(95-96) rhims are they?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-06-06, 09:06 PM
Sebastian's lucky to have a father with such cool cars!

Destroyer
11-06-06, 09:10 PM
Those are those Impala(95-96) rhims are they?Yeah, they are 94-96 Impala SS wheels but I modified some Caddy centercaps to fit. I love the way it looks but a lot of the guys over in the RWD section dont like anything but whitewalls and hubcaps. Its all good but I felt some exterior grunt had to be added to match what is now under the hood!.:thumbsup:

gdwriter
11-06-06, 10:11 PM
Cute kid, Destoyer. He'll likely grow up to be a car guy.

I grew up helping wash my family's cars, and even now, I still enjoy doing it. Hate having a dirty car, but it's been raining for several days and that looks to continue for now.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-06-06, 10:13 PM
I should find the pics of me and dad washing his '57 Chrysler...

90Brougham350
11-06-06, 10:21 PM
Beautiful cars Destroyer! You're training the boy right! No child who learns at an early age to work on and wash cars would want a ricer when he's older, he's wise enough to want something with class! I know some of us D-body guys don't care for your rims but I like them! I actually have some rims somewhat like that in mind for mine some day, but Ruthie's expensive! I can't save a dime thanks to that girl!

Krashed989
11-07-06, 01:21 AM
WOW OMG, That is one SWEET fleetwood!!!

yeah they're right, I learned how to fix cars WAY before I even knew how to drive them. Hehehe, I actually learned off some ricers though. My first major job on a car was a honda that had a snapped timing belt. Had to take off the head and get it machined because it was an interferance engine. I was 14 then... Good times... hehehe....

Destroyer
11-07-06, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. I too remember washing the cars with the old man back then he had a '70 Malibu and later on a '75 Cutlass. He never even had a car till I was 5 years old. I remember the dumb SOB used to use dish wash detergent as soap to wash the cars with. I also remember the cars were not the slightest bit shiny and very dull. :eek:

OffThaHorseCEO
11-07-06, 10:20 AM
hey theres nothin wrong with dishwashing liquid if you follow it up correctly

dp102288
11-07-06, 10:53 AM
Very nice pics. The Fleetwood is beautiful, your son did a good job! :)

If I could drive a Fleetwood, I would torch 3 ricers.

CadillacGurl
11-07-06, 10:59 AM
Fleetwood is niiiiice! *I forgot to mention that in my original post
This is where I'd play for Sebastian "Stuntin Like My Daddy"

Destroyer
11-07-06, 11:46 AM
hey theres nothin wrong with dishwashing liquid if you follow it up correctlywasn't dishwashing liquid, this was an abrasive powder detergent that mixed with water. Messed those cars paint jobs up but he was just an immigrant that knew no better cause cars were a rarity in Greece when he was growing up.

Destroyer
11-07-06, 11:48 AM
Fleetwood is niiiiice! *I forgot to mention that in my original post
This is where I'd play for Sebastian "Stuntin Like My Daddy"

............in the "Cadiwac" as Sebastian calls it. :thumbsup:

CadillacGurl
11-07-06, 11:54 AM
Awww thats so cute! "Drivin with my daddy in his cadiwac"
I'm sorry I love little kids!

OffThaHorseCEO
11-07-06, 11:14 PM
haha kids are cool

stuntin like my daddy

hey then you could give him the benzo when he turns sixteen the song would be even more fitting

when i was sixteen i got my first mercedes benz, i must have fud a thousand ladies and they girlfriends...

xxpinballxx
11-07-06, 11:42 PM
Hey great Idea...no if I could just score me a kid somewhere.....

eldorado99
11-08-06, 12:15 AM
Maybe if we ask nice we can get TomDeville in here to change the lyrics to fit Cadillac. :thumbsup:

haha kids are cool

stuntin like my daddy

hey then you could give him the benzo when he turns sixteen the song would be even more fitting

when i was sixteen i got my first mercedes benz, i must have fud a thousand ladies and they girlfriends...

Destroyer
11-08-06, 01:14 AM
haha kids are cool

stuntin like my daddy

I dont know, I think I'll have the 'ole Fleetwood longer than the Benz. The Benz is the better car, absolutely no question about it but the Caddy is so damn cheap to fix in comparison.............its not even funny!. By the time my son gets the Caddy it will be kind of cool cause it will have a BB Chevy with massive work done to it. He will enjoy what I have and moreso, the joy of blowing away cars we shouldn't be blowing away. My Fleetwood now sports an '87 L98 350 from an '87 Iroc 5.7. I've added headers, true dual exhaust with magnaflows, Summit street/strip hi po distributer, Holley intake and edelbrock 650 carb and it made a world of difference over the 305 originally in it. The current drivetrain is simply not enough, it needs more and I will tend to it when I have the time. This is what I love about GM cars, we have over 40 years of great motors to choose from that will bolt in with minimal effort. Before I got into luxury cars I was mainly a Camaro/Mustang type kind of guy and I've owned 10-11 second 1/4 mile cars but I can no longer sit comfortably in a Camaro/Mustang so whats a guy to do?......build up a luxury car!. :eek:

96Fleetwood
11-08-06, 06:32 AM
build up a luxury car!. :eek:

Amen!

Your son sounds like me when I was growing up. I spent hours upon hours with my Dad restoring a '70 Coupe Deville Convertible over the course of 8 years. When I turned 17.. it was mine :thumbsup:

dp102288
11-08-06, 11:07 AM
Hey great Idea...no if I could just score me a kid somewhere.....

What do you look for them? :rofl:

TagApl4
11-08-06, 11:59 AM
precious