: GM BuyPower

MortnCyn
11-06-06, 02:09 PM
Has anyone tried to use GM BuyPower lately? I on occasion like to look to see what dealers have in stock within a 150 mile radius. Have tried for '06 and '07 SRX but cannot even get the system to work like it did in the past for any GM car. It would bring up all the stock a dealer had and one could look at the sticker etc. It just keeps in a loop back to the choice of year, model, etc.

c5 rv
11-06-06, 07:32 PM
Dealer inventory on gmbuypower.com works for models other than SRX. My Lansing dealer has 07 SRX units in stock per their website and per the inventory search on cadillac.com, but nothing on GM buypower. Must be a bug.

MortnCyn
11-07-06, 03:37 PM
Weird when you think about it. Cadillac mails out info that you can make your deal than tell them you have GM Card $'s plus another $1500 if you buy by November 15th. If they think you can buy an SRX locally where I live they are out of touch with the market. The old dealer was bought out last year and the new dealer's SRX stock was and is zero. Bought my '05 about 190 miles away. Guess Cadillac does not want us to be able to take advantage of the offer. They will say your dealer can find you one. I can find it on my own thank you.

caddycruiser
11-08-06, 06:54 PM
They just changed GMBuypower again recently and did make it worse to use. Before, if you were looking for a certain vehicle and selected a dealer that didn't have any in stock, there was a selection to search nearby dealerships--hit that, and you'd get up to 50 of that model within a certain mileage range. Now, it has the same functions, but will only show you a few choices at other dealers and just in general doesn't work as well as it used to.

It would be GREAT if there was a public online version of the system dealers have--DealerWorld--where they can input a specific vehicle and equipment and search within a certain radius to see what matches and is out there. Then again, fewer people would end up at the dealer to do a search, so that's probably why they don't do that.

But that said, if you're looking for one and the local dealer doesn't have what you want, you're still better off going in there and just taking a few minutes with a salesman to search the database and see what you can find. Even if you don't want to buy through them, you'll be able to find vehicles much easier, and get the latest information. Did it with our Suburban (2wd, which doesn't exist on dealer lots here), and it was easy as could be, there were several matches, and after a quick dealer swap, the right truck was here and waiting.

MortnCyn
11-10-06, 08:39 AM
OK, you can now find new and used by dealership on the
Cadillac Official Website
http://www.cadillac.com/index.jsp?noredirect=true

caddycruiser
11-15-06, 12:51 PM
OK, you can now find new and used by dealership on the
Cadillac Official Website
http://www.cadillac.com/index.jsp?noredirect=true

That's actually the same as before, and still not a very good system. Very general, and doesn't give you much information.

MortnCyn
11-17-06, 05:25 PM
That's actually the same as before, and still not a very good system. Very general, and doesn't give you much information.
No, I used to go through GM Buypower which was different. Not to say that this Cadillac site was not available. I just may not have been aware of it.

The Cadillac site seems OK to me. I can get listing of vehicles available by ZIP by dealership within several hundred miles (some have their own web sites) and can look at the stickers.