: Newbie from Louisiana

JoeT1224
11-05-06, 06:58 PM
Hello everyone! My name is Joe and I'm from Louisiana. I am from New Orleans and I currently reside in Lafayette, where I am attending college. I have posted here a few times before, but I never got around to formally introducing myself. But first, let me start off with a big "thank you" to all the members here, who have provided some great advice, and an even bigger thank you to those who have been able to give me some input on Cadillacs I've had in the past.

I'm 18 and I like to say that I've gone through 5 Cadillacs. My daddy got me hooked on Cadillacs, sicne that's what he drove since before I was born. Here are the ones we've gone through:

1978 Cadillac Coupe de Ville: silver w/ gray leather interior
1989 Cadillac Coupe de Ville: silver w/ black leather interior
1997 Cadillac Eldorado: white diamond w/ beige leather interior
1998 Cadillac DeVille: burgundy w/ burgundy leather interior
2000 Cadillac Eldorado Sports Coupe: burgundy w/ beige leather interior

So you see, Cadillacs hold a special place in my heart and I've always liked them since I was a little kid. I'm currently driving the 2000 ESC w/ 60k miles on the clock. I would love to find a '93 Sedan de Ville as sort of a weekend driver. What can I say, I LOVE Cadillacs! Then again, you all feel the same way!

Well, I guess I've bored you all to tears! I'm glad to be a part of this community and hope to talk with most of you soon!

Joe

CadillacGurl
11-05-06, 07:02 PM
Welcome to the forum! You sound like my boyfriend, he has 5 caddys as well.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-05-06, 07:05 PM
Welcome! It's great to have more people on here my age! Just out of curiosity, why do you want a '93 Sedan deVille as a weekend cruiser? I have a '92 Sedan deVille and I'd love a '98-02 Eldorado as a sort of a "weekend cruiser".

xxpinballxx
11-05-06, 07:06 PM
welcome to the forum and it seems you are a true cadillac enthusiast!
great place to make friends or enemies depending on how you wanna play it...lol!

gary88
11-05-06, 07:08 PM
Welcome!

JoeT1224
11-05-06, 07:28 PM
Thanks everyone for all the welcomes.

Well Chad, I really don't know how to explain my logic lol. If I weren't in love with my ESC and if the '93 wasn't 13 years old I'd probably use that as my daily driver. The ESC is bolder than the DeVille and it gets slightly better fuel economy. I really don't know what else to say about it. But I guess I'd drive either one whenever I'd have to. Then again, I'd probably only want to drive the DeVille on weekends because I would probably try to keep it as nice as possible and I'd hate to drive that classic everyday, going out into the world of interstates full of women on cell phones in big SUVs and carless ricers in their crappy cars lol. I'm so anal about my car lol.

Joe

xxpinballxx
11-05-06, 07:34 PM
im actually looking for a 99 eldo. That would be my weekend cruiser.....
my 04 DeVille is sort of all business....the eldo is more pleasure.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-05-06, 08:02 PM
Well Chad, I really don't know how to explain my logic lol. If I weren't in love with my ESC and if the '93 wasn't 13 years old I'd probably use that as my daily driver. The ESC is bolder than the DeVille and it gets slightly better fuel economy. I really don't know what else to say about it. But I guess I'd drive either one whenever I'd have to. Then again, I'd probably only want to drive the DeVille on weekends because I would probably try to keep it as nice as possible and I'd hate to drive that classic everyday, going out into the world of interstates full of women on cell phones in big SUVs and carless ricers in their crappy cars lol. I'm so anal about my car lol.

Interesting, looks like your logic is the opposite of mine, but that's fine. :)

I'd use the '92 for the winter because it's not quite a classic yet, and it's not worth very much, but then again, that's bad because it doesn't take much to total it out. I'd keep the Eldorado for the summer time because it's rarer, faster, and probably more "in demand", I wouldn't want it to get all salted up, etc etc. But your explanation makes good sense too. Different strokes for different folks..

EcSTSatic
11-05-06, 08:04 PM
:welcome: Joe.

My dad is from Thibidaeux (sp?). I haven't been down that way in about 35 years! You think New Orleans will recover?

CIWS
11-05-06, 08:07 PM
Greetings and :welcome: I'm only on my first Caddi that I've purchased. But we had several while I was growing up.

JoeT1224
11-05-06, 08:28 PM
EcSTSatic (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/member.php?u=18912), there's no doubt in my mind that New Orleans will recover. The thing I don't know is WHEN it will recover. We have some real idiots in power in Louisiana, such a shame because there are also quite a few people in office that actually have some dignity and brains to boot. The part of New Orleans I'm from (Harvey) is sort of the suburbs of New Orleans and we got hardly any damage. The city is still a lot different than it was before, but it's going to take many years for it to recapture what it was. Your father's from Thibodaux, eh? I'll bet you grew up around a Cajun accent or two! :)

Joe

EcSTSatic
11-05-06, 08:39 PM
Your father's from Thibodaux, eh? I'll bet you grew up around a Cajun accent or two! :)

Joe

Yeah, he's 80 years old and living in TX. He and his brother out in CA still have heavy accents. He used to downplay his background. It wasn't always acceptable to be Cajun. He makes the best Cajun food - never made it when we were kids!

90Brougham350
11-05-06, 09:07 PM
Welcome to the Caddy Forums Joe! Hope you like it here! When you get a chance, post some pics of that beautiful Caddy!

JRau
11-05-06, 09:55 PM
Welcome aboard! Enjoy the forums. Lots of good info, and funny stuff, too. And everyone loves pics!

:welcome:
JRau in central Iowa

dp102288
11-06-06, 09:11 AM
Welcome to the board. Nice list of Caddys you have had. (Yeah Eldos are great!) :D

JoeT1224
11-06-06, 12:36 PM
Thanks again for all the welcomes. I'll post some pics of my ESC when the weather is right. I'll probably be giving it the Zaino treatment pretty soon, probably not until Thanksgiving holidays, maybe sooner. I might try to dig up some pics of some of our old Caddies while I'm at it!

Joe