: '99 Deville Head Unit Upgrade

gatorpatric0
11-04-06, 07:14 PM
Hello, I need to know what wiring harnesses and stuff I need to buy to put in a new head unit instead of my factory head unit.

I talked to Crutchfield and they didnt have anything because of something like the "Factory alarm ding" something to that matter. So I just need to know what wiring harnesses I need and if I need any amp bypasses or anything like that.

Oh, and if I put in a new HU, will the controls on my steering wheel still work?

CadillacSTS42005
11-04-06, 09:46 PM
search man ive covered this many times

gatorpatric0
11-04-06, 10:52 PM
Ok, so apparently, after searching, Ive found that I need:

1. Order the Metra 99-2005 Deville/Seville Kit
2. Order the Metra GMOS-06 and an antenna

Apparently, this will use the factory amp and factory speakers (which ive replaced, but wired them into the factory system instead of adding my own speaker wire.) Also my keyless and all the factory controls will still work. Thats what Ive gathered. Is my evidence gathering correct?

Now, where can I get these two items at a good price?

CadillacSTS42005
11-04-06, 11:00 PM
ahh
well the fit kit is about 20 bucks on ebay
and in my numerous searching (which believe me is ALOT) this is the cheapest place by far for the gmos-06
http://www.vehitronix.com/catalog/product_reviews.php?cPath=25&products_id=809
my old source obviously discovered that they were rediculasly low and pulled it at 65 bucks heres the next best at 67 bucks

im more than happy to help with the install and i extend the same offer to you as i do everyone if your willing to bring the car to me ill do the install for free

also dont forget you NEED to run your own constant power wire directly from the pos battery terminal to the yellow wire on your new hu

gatorpatric0
11-05-06, 07:21 PM
Ok, thats for your help.

We are doing the install just after Thanksgiving break, so ill post if I have any questions.

Id take you up on the install thing, if you were less than 50 miles away.......but I live in Georgia.

CadillacSTS42005
11-05-06, 08:37 PM
oh its just a hop skip and a jump...
across a few state lines hahaha

gatorpatric0
11-06-06, 09:51 PM
Damnit, Vehitronix no longer carries the wiring harness.

Where else can you find one?

CadillacSTS42005
11-06-06, 10:20 PM
damn...
umm email this guy from ebay maybe he has more...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38636&viewitem=&item=8049166237
otherwise this is the next cheapest place...
http://www.superchargedaudio.com/product_info.php?products_id=2947

CadillacSTS42005
11-06-06, 10:23 PM
found this one too its cheaper than my last one but not cheaper than the ebay one

the727kid
11-06-06, 10:27 PM
ETC, you home now? You get that tracking # for me?

CadillacSTS42005
11-06-06, 10:35 PM
ETC, you home now? You get that tracking # for me?

rofl actually im at a boys house workin on a paper man ill be home round 12ish just takin a break

the727kid
11-06-06, 10:38 PM
Iight, let me know cuz I wanna see where its at, I need this shit lol

dcarter
11-14-06, 02:19 PM
CadillacETC1997,

I've been trying to figure how best to run a constant to my new HU. If I run it direct from the battery, the body computer won't sense the current draw and shut down all power? Obviously, it can't shut down the power direct from the battery, but if it does it's normal shut down, my alarm goes off, so that's a problem. I've found if I leave a cell phone charger in the cig. lighter the alarm will always go off after 15-20 minutes.

96 Deville.

CadillacSTS42005
11-14-06, 03:25 PM
umm trust me (that ok idk what i had here originally that it was replaced with **** *** lol)
its that sleep mode that kills the constant power to the hu and why you need to run your own constant less you feel like programming all of your settings as soon as you leave the car alone for 10 mins
it would still need the ignition power wire for the hu to turn on the hu
without the wire being run to through your computer there will be no detection of the power draw
therefore you wont have a problem
this way has worked for my ETC my mom's 96 Deville The727Kid's 97 ETC, 99Classillac's 99 Deville and countless others

99Classillac
11-15-06, 12:22 AM
Whatever CadillacETC1997 says, it's gonna be right. It worked on my car.

CadillacSTS42005
11-15-06, 12:52 AM
thanx for the props 99
you never really got back to me and i forgot to ask, so i assume that wire i told you worked from the pcm worked out for the vss? i know i did on my N1...

gatorpatric0
11-15-06, 04:48 PM
Hey can you get me another link for the wiring harness? Neither of the last two has worked out, they both have refunded payment.

CadillacSTS42005
11-15-06, 05:23 PM
i listed like 4 already
anyways they arent cheap anymore people have about killed my sources...
http://www.shipsound.com/product_info.php?products_id=102567
and it they are out
http://www.kiosk2click.com/acatalog/info_11167.html?extlink=1&mysid=307&ext_filename=Car_Audio_Access_.html
and if they are out your own your own....

Dadillac
11-15-06, 08:49 PM
Hey can you get me another link for the wiring harness? Neither of the last two has worked out, they both have refunded payment.

www.google.com

If you type in gmos-06 you will be amazed at the amount of sellrs that have this item.

Don

CadillacSTS42005
11-15-06, 09:10 PM
i listed about all of them lol
most of them want over 100 bucks lol
i found them for only 60 bucks but everyone here bought them all and they are out now lol

gatorpatric0
11-16-06, 03:59 PM
Will the wiring harness bypass the factory amp? Or will it include it or what. Im confused about this now that I read another thread.

CadillacSTS42005
11-16-06, 04:36 PM
the gmos-06 keeps the factory amp
read the description of it man

dcarter
11-16-06, 05:01 PM
CadillacETC1997,

Thanks for the confirmation. I'll run the wire, I guess through the firewall somehow. I've been living without a constant for about a month and I'm getting really tired of losing all my settings.

I asked the question because someone else had said that the draw would still be detected even from the battery.

CadillacSTS42005
11-16-06, 06:35 PM
no prob

dcarter
11-18-06, 07:30 PM
Ok, found that the aftermarket alarm installer already ran a fused hot wire from the battery to through the fire wall so that was easy to tap into.

Now I'm having problem with the switched power. The red lead from the wiring harness doesn't seem to ever have any power key off or on.

Also, I just noticed that the Metra harness I'm using doesn't have any wire on the other side of the red acc. wire, so it's connected to nothing on the car side.

gatorpatric0
11-25-06, 10:56 PM
Alright, last question, I hope.

The installation is taking place soon, and is there going to be any trouble taking the old HU out? It looks pretty snug in there so Im just making sure if I have to take the dash off or what.

ETC, I appreciate all your help. I have given plenty of Reps for this thread and I hope to continue.

CadillacSTS42005
11-25-06, 11:36 PM
sry man i missed your last post
yuh on a 99 deville (so long as its not a concourse) its real easy
just pull the trim ring off and then press the two metal tabs on both sides of the unit and pull out, it should pop out

dcarter
11-26-06, 10:48 AM
Found the answer to my switched power posted above. Near the steering column there is a big plug with lots of wires. I put a volt meter on the metal piece where the wire enters the plug to search for switched power. Found it quickly near the end of the plug, dark brown wire. It doesn't have power when the key is in the accessory position, only when the key is on, but that's ok with me.

gatorpatric0
11-26-06, 12:01 PM
Im not sure if its a Concourse or not.....Whats the difference?

I dont have the Bose system if that helps....not sure though.

CadillacSTS42005
11-26-06, 09:52 PM
the concourse has a center shifter rather than a column
if you had a concourse then youd know..

gatorpatric0
11-27-06, 11:33 AM
Not a Concourse. Dumb Question.

Yeah its got that little leather ring that pops right off, so there shouldnt be any problems with that.

Today is install day, so ill be sure to take plenty of pictures.

gatorpatric0
11-27-06, 12:36 PM
Alright...got one more question.

The battery terminal is kinda wierd. Im trying to hook my subwoofer powerline up, but it doesnt fit because the terminal is so compact.....Is there something Im missing?

Oh, and where is there a place in the firewall where I can run wires through? Ive looked, but have yet to see anything.

CadillacSTS42005
11-27-06, 02:23 PM
you should get one of those rings that connects to the terminal and it gets the bolt fed through it then into the
battery

devilles are way different than eldos in firewall aspect but i think on devilles there is a rubber grommit on the passenger side that you can feed the wire through

gatorpatric0
11-27-06, 06:53 PM
Well we ran into a BIG problem.

First off, after hooking everything up, the HU would turn on, but there was no sound...It wasnt the HU, but we couldnt figure out what it was. So we figured out which wires in the stock harness went to the speakers and tried to go straight to them and it worked, so im thinking that the amp is unhooked or something, because there was evidence that a system had been in there before with random wires just hanging around.

Now the BIG problem. After going straight into the speaker wires (just the rear deck speakers, we're going to have to run speaker wire to the fronts (yuck)), we tried to finish the install and put the HU back in the dash. NO ROOM. The HU has a flip screen on it, so there are a bunch more wires coming out the back and there is ZERO clearance. I mean, we cant even get the HU within an inch of where it is supposed to go. What can I do?

the727kid
11-27-06, 08:00 PM
Clean up your wires with Zipties and feed them downwards slowly, one hand behind the HU pulling wires, one in front pushing foward.

CadillacSTS42005
11-27-06, 09:56 PM
push the wireing to the side of the glove box,
theres a huge space behind there
the fact that the 06 didnt work seems odd.... you could of apparently gotten away with a gmos-03 if the amp is unpluged, bypassed or non existant...

gatorpatric0
11-27-06, 10:08 PM
push the wireing to the side of the glove box,
theres a huge space behind there
the fact that the 06 didnt work seems odd.... you could of apparently gotten away with a gmos-03 if the amp is unpluged, bypassed or non existant...

The problem with the wiring is that there are a lot of RCA cables coming out of the HU because it has a screen, so they are whats really in the way. Im really going to have to do some thinking on this because there is so little room that I cant get the HU within an inch of where its supposed to be.

And I wish I knew about the damn amp...I mean theres no way I could of, but damnit. Were gonna have to run speaker wire to the front speakers because the harness is wierd.

FRUSTRATING!

CadillacSTS42005
11-27-06, 10:22 PM
i know for a fact to get it to fit you need to break off the back of the radio slot, where the black prong on the old radio went into, there NO other way ask 99Classilac he went through the same thing with his avic-d2 install
also about the harness if your interested ill trade you my gmos-03 for your 06, i plan on puttin the bose back in for when i test install my factory navi into my eldo
its up to you
good luck

gatorpatric0
11-27-06, 11:04 PM
Do you mean I need to break of the top of the Din Adapter or is there something in the dash that I need to break?

And dont worry about the harness. Its gonna be easy to make it work and I dont want to go through the hassle of shipping it around.

CadillacSTS42005
11-27-06, 11:08 PM
no
the cavity the radio goes into
you need to break the plastic out of the opening
in the back of the hole theres a tab that the old radios black pin slides into
you have to break that plastic backing out

gatorpatric0
11-27-06, 11:11 PM
AH! Good, that should be enough room. Theres a little 4x6 speaker grille right above this exact area, but there is no speaker there. I could probably dremel out the frame of that too to get more room, because I planning on adding Navigation, Hands-free, Etc...

And im still a noob so I cant PM, will you PM Classilac to come over here so he can help with troubleshooting and let me know anything I need to do.

toddwess
12-13-06, 01:03 PM
also dont forget you NEED to run your own constant power wire directly from the pos battery terminal to the yellow wire on your new hu

Where do you pass this wire through from the battery terminal to the cabin for a 2003 Seville?

CadillacSTS42005
12-13-06, 03:58 PM
2003 seville i dont think needs one to be honest
and even if you did your radio fuse and battery are in the cabin under the rear seat so you dont have to run anything from outside the cab...

the727kid
12-13-06, 08:10 PM
I need to figure out where mine is run to because mine is not to my battery.

dp102288
12-13-06, 08:50 PM
^^ The radio fuse?

I hate the battery under the seat in our SLS. Seems so unsafe.

the727kid
12-15-06, 01:35 AM
Yea, there was a flood here last Febuary and my boys SLS battery compartment had 4" of water in it.

dp102288
12-15-06, 07:00 PM
Its just so dumb to but the battery in the car to me.

I read a thread on this site recently about someone's battery exploding while driving. Luckly their battery is normal and next to the engine so they weren't hurt.

I am very glad my Eldo's battery is near the engine. Our SLS pisses me off cause its inside.

CadillacSTS42005
12-15-06, 08:02 PM
could reroute it and put it in the trunk if it bothers you that much...

dp102288
12-16-06, 09:29 AM
Where would I find the room?

I probably could because there are negative and positive jump points are in the engine, but there is not enough room to put in on top anywhere, and I am not mounting it on the underside! :p

Dadillac
12-16-06, 10:12 AM
Where would I find the room?

I probably could because there are negative and positive jump points are in the engine, but there is not enough room to put in on top anywhere, and I am not mounting it on the underside! :p

That would be why it is mounted under the seat to begin with. I personally like it mounted where it is. Being out of the elements is the best place for a battery. Plus the underside of the seat is dead space anyway. So basically the cars designers hit a major homerun when they mounted it there. No room under the hood, and it takes up no trunk space, which us Seville guys are a little short on by the way.

Don

dp102288
12-16-06, 08:38 PM
^^ Well I guess someone had to like it at GM too. :p

But seriously, it doesn't scare you a little?

They (GM) could have found the room, because for so many years they were putting it in the back seat.

gatorpatric0
12-19-06, 12:39 AM
...Well, after everything, all the money ive spent on this and all the crap I went through...

My car still does wierd things from time to time, and my keyless is NOT and WILL NOT work.

Im pissed.

weister42
12-19-06, 05:02 AM
Woah I just saw this post and man I could of gave you some advice...your car will stop doing weird things when you plug your factory headunit back and remove any factory interface you've installed. Your car runs a databus to the factory radio and ifthe car's computer doesn't get a response from the radio it'll get confused and do weird things. My car would go into sleep mode on random(keyless entry not working, no interior power, flashing dashboard, etc.). Tried two of those Metra GM interface and guess what, it only works half the time. I dealt with your situation a long time ago...I wired my stereo completely seperate from the rest of the car's electrical system and I've been problem free since. I extended the wires behind the factory radio and relocated above the right rear wheel well. I also ran my own power wire for my CD player and amps.

Let me know if you still like to get 'er done:want:

gatorpatric0
12-20-06, 12:10 AM
It sounds like my car is in sleep mode, cus thats what its been doing.

The Keyless just plain isnt working sometimes, and the other stuff doesnt bother me, other than the fact I know something is wrong.

So what does all of this wiring seperate from everything entail? I mean, im not gonna do it, but I wonder if my shops would know how. Im willing to pay to get this fixed.

CadillacSTS42005
12-20-06, 12:27 AM
basically
hes speaking of running your hu into your trunk
and running all new wires for your new headunit....
its not fun and makes the job harder than replacing a bose hu
i wouldnt recommend that route less your gonna do it, it wont be cheep.

gatorpatric0
12-20-06, 08:00 PM
What other options do I have?

The Wiring Harness is totally hacked, ive got a DVD player hooked up to it now, and I dont think buying a new harness and doing a complete reinstall is a good idea.

CadillacSTS42005
12-20-06, 08:16 PM
what
you hacked off the original harness!?!?!?!
dude no offense you botched this install MAJOR then...

dp102288
12-20-06, 10:23 PM
:yeah:

I think a new harness and complete reinstall is the best thing.

CadillacSTS42005
12-20-06, 10:33 PM
dp you got an aim sn?

dp102288
12-21-06, 10:55 AM
^^ Nah I don't use aim thingys. Why? Did I say something bad? :p

CadillacSTS42005
12-21-06, 12:16 PM
nah man be easier to talk about the bose hu swap if we didnt hijack threads lol

gatorpatric0
12-21-06, 02:10 PM
YEAH!!!!

Man, we hacked the metra, I told you about that, the original wiring harness is fine im sure.

Basically, I got fed up with all of the problems I was running into. So I took it into the shop and they say "You bought the wrong wiring harness, the basic one would have worked for you (I dont have OnStar or any of that stuff). So they say "well, we can make it work with this one, but were gonna have to hack it a bit, but it will sound like it should." And I complied.

Sounds great, but like I said, its in sleep mode now and its pissing me off.

I just figured ETC might have a way to tweak some things in the diagnostics and make it work.

CadillacSTS42005
12-21-06, 02:29 PM
ill look into it man

dp102288
12-21-06, 09:15 PM
nah man be easier to talk about the bose hu swap if we didnt hijack threads lol

:rofl: People like to hear our dribble. Plus this-->:postcount: :D

CadillacSTS42005
12-21-06, 10:08 PM
lol
ass lol

weister42
12-23-06, 02:51 AM
Ya man a total reinstall is a good idea if you "hacked into the factory harness" lol, by hacking did you splice into the wiring or did you cut the plug off?

It didn't cost much really, I bought a small amplifier wiring kit to use with the headunit which was like $35, then the usual dash mounting kit($20)
, a 12v dc switch(as an accessory port) from Radioshack for $2 and some random long wires I had laying around for relocating the factory deck (free). You must also have a soldering iron, a wire cutter/stripper/crimper, a Dremel would help too. Took me about 8 hours to get everything in including my RCAs, four sets of Premier component speakers, some eDead sound deadening and a 5 channel amplifier.

Well the fiberglass work was two days, most of it is for drying though cause I keep getting the mix too lean.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j255/weister42/Home%20and%20Car%20Audio/IMG_0429.jpg

the727kid
12-23-06, 03:00 AM
Any pictures of the deadning?

CadillacSTS42005
12-23-06, 03:01 AM
everytime i see that i juz think wow...
you should still throw a set of coaxles in the rear doors...

the727kid
12-23-06, 03:31 AM
I think co-axials would be a waiste of amp power IMO, but I think they should be angled towards the backseat or towards the front if your greedy for sound lol. Either way it is REAL clean.

weister42
12-23-06, 07:15 PM
Any pictures of the deadning?

I installed under and over the reardeck, did made a difference in bass when I had the 6x9s back there. Now it's just 2 pairs of Premier components sets and believe me I don't need any more main speakers...well maybe a pair of midbass and better subs so I can use my 2500 watt sub amp lol.

dp102288
12-23-06, 10:23 PM
Weister, that looks very good. Doesn't even look out of place. :thumbsup:

weister42
12-24-06, 10:34 PM
Thanks man, my local stereo shop was going to charge me $500 for it and I told them to F off...two days later and about $30 of materials I made my own fiberglass pods.

I wonder if anyone would buy something like this...here...hum....

gatorpatric0
12-27-06, 12:51 AM
You basterds are some god damn Thread Hijackers for reals.

ETC, did you find anything about the safe mode?

dp102288
12-27-06, 12:42 PM
^^ Its what we do best. Have you seen the Lounge...:histeric:

gatorpatric0
01-03-07, 05:15 PM
ETC, you find anything out?

gatorpatric0
01-17-07, 02:16 PM
Still didnt find anything I assume, I miss Keyless Entry.

CadillacSTS42005
01-17-07, 03:36 PM
damn man
sry was busy as hell and it slipped my mind
i shall go through my fsm tonight
again REALLY sorry

gatorpatric0
01-19-07, 12:41 AM
Take your time....

Its nothing vital, its just an inconvenience. The locks always cut off when I need them to work the most. And not having Keyless just sucks alltogether.

BlakMajick
01-19-07, 03:31 AM
Can the same wiring harnesses for the 99 Deville be used for the 98 Deville? And if so will I possibly retain the same functionality in in my keyless entry and steering controls as an owner of a 99 would?

gatorpatric0
01-20-07, 09:20 PM
From what I've gathered....

The '99 and '98 are the same system wise....

If you have Bose/NorthStar...you need GMOS-06. If not...GMOS-03.

gatorpatric0
01-25-07, 12:03 AM
...Anything? I know you're busy....

CadillacSTS42005
01-25-07, 12:31 AM
yuh
need you to do a lil hw
i need to know wat your car is equipped with STOCK
give me the option a-e values that were originally in the car (i know we turned off the keyless and alarm, factor those numbers back in)

gatorpatric0
01-27-07, 12:09 PM
A - 1
B - 0
C - 32
D - 136
E - 122

I dont remember which one was the one with the Alarm, so add 8 to that one (B was it?).

CadillacSTS42005
01-28-07, 03:16 PM
may wanna know about this...

DOORS WILL NOT UNLOCK/ TRUNK WILL NOT OPEN #73-90-10 - (May 6, 1997)
SUBJECT: DOORS WILL NOT UNLOCK/TRUNK WILL NOT OPEN ON FIRST PRESS OF REMOTE FUNCTION ACTUATOR (RFA) BUTTON (INSTALL NEW BODY CONTROL MODULE)

MODELS: 1997 CADILLAC CONCOURS, DEVILLE, ELDORADO, SEVILLE

BUILT PRIOR TO THE FOLLOWING VIN BREAKPOINTS:

CONCOURS/DEVILLE - VU212778 ELDORADO - VU602831 SEVILLE - VU805094

CONDITION:

SOME OWNERS MAY COMMENT THAT AFTER THEIR VEHICLE SITS FOR HALF AN HOUR (KEY OUT OF IGNITION, DELAYED ACCESSORY BUSS OFF AND DOORS CLOSED), THE REMOTE FUNCTION ACTUATOR (RFA) MAY NOT WORK ON THE FIRST BUTTON PRESS. IF THE KEY IS USED TO MANUALLY UNLOCK THE DOOR, THE CONTENT THEFT ALARM MAY GO OFF ONCE THE DOOR IS OPENED OR WHEN THE CAR IS STARTED.

CAUSE:

SOME BODY CONTROL MODULES (PZM'S) MAY NOT WAKE UP PROPERLY DUE TO A MISSING PULL UP RESISTOR AND WILL MISS THE RFA MESSAGE TO UNLOCK THE DOORS/OPEN THE TRUNK.

CORRECTION:

TO CONFIRM -

PERFORM THE FOLLOWING TO VERIFY THAT THE PZM IS THE CAUSE OF THE VEHICLE'S CONDITION.

1. CONFIRM THAT THE VIN IS PRIOR TO THE BREAKPOINT.

2. KEY TO RUN, ROLL DOWN WINDOW AND CONNECT TECH 2 SO THAT IT IS OUTSIDE OF THE VEHICLE.

3. KEY TO OFF AND OPEN/CLOSE DOOR TO CANCEL RETAINED ACCESSORY POWER (RAP).

4. ON TECH 2, SELECT:

O DIAGNOSTICS O 1997 O PASSENGER CAR O OBD SYSTEM CHECK O CLASS 2 MESSAGE MONITOR

5. PRESS THE RFA LOCK BUTTON - SCROLL DISPLAY TO MAKE SURE BOTH THE PZM AND RFA ARE ON THE TECH 2 SCREEN.

6. WAIT 25-30 MINUTES.

7. WHILE LOOKING AT THE TECH 2, PRESS THE UNLOCK BUTTON ON THE TRANSMITTER TWICE.

O IF THE RFA BECOMES ACTIVE, BUT THE PZM STAYS INACTIVE - REPLACE THE PZM. O IF THE RFA DOES NOT BECOME ACTIVE - DIAGNOSE RFA CONCERN. O IF THE RFA AND PZM BECOME ACTIVE, BUT THE DOORS DO NOT UNLOCK - DIAGNOSE THE DOOR SYSTEM CONCERN.

TO CORRECT -

INSTALL UPDATED BODY CONTROL MODULE (PZM) USING THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE.

REMOVE OR DISCONNECT:

1. COMFORT FUSE FROM THE TRUNK COMPARTMENT FUSE BLOCK.

2. REAR SEAT CUSHION AND SEAT BACK.

3. INSPECT BODY CONTROL MODULE (PZM).

- IF SERVICE PART NUMBER IS 16246879 OR 16258669, THE PZM HAS ALREADY BEEN UPDATED FOR THIS CONDITION AND SHOULD NOT BE GAINING TIME; RECONFIRM CONDITION WITH OWNER BEFORE REMOVING PART.

INSTALL OR CONNECT:

1. BODY CONTROL MODULE (PZM).

2. REAR SEAT AND SEAT CUSHION.

3. COMFORT FUSE IN TRUNK COMPARTMENT FUSE BLOCK.

PARTS INFORMATION:

DESCRIPTION P/N =========== ===

BODY CONTROL MODULE (PZM) 16258669

PARTS ARE EXPECTED TO BE AVAILABLE APRIL 14, 1997.

WARRANTY INFORMATION:

FOR VEHICLES REPAIRED UNDER WARRANTY, USE:

LABOR OPERATION NUMBER: N4800 USE PUBLISHED LABOR OPERATION TIME.

FIGURES: 00 ATTACHMENTS: 00

GENERAL MOTORS BULLETINS ARE INTENDED FOR USE BY PROFESSIONAL TECHNICIANS, NOT A "DO-IT-YOURSELFER". THEY ARE WRITTEN TO INFORM THOSE TECHNICIANS OF CONDITIONS THAT MAY OCCUR ON SOME VEHICLES, OR TO PROVIDE INFORMATION THAT COULD ASSIST IN THE PROPER SERVICE OF A VEHICLE. PROPERLY TRAINED TECHNICIANS HAVE THE EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS AND KNOW-HOW TO DO A JOB PROPERLY AND SAFELY. IF A CONDITION IS DESCRIBED, DO NOT ASSUME THAT THE BULLETIN APPLIES TO YOUR VEHICLE, OR THAT YOUR VEHICLE WILL HAVE THAT CONDITION. SEE A GENERAL MOTORS DEALER SERVICING YOUR BRAND OF GENERAL MOTORS VEHICLE FOR INFORMATION ON WHETHER YOUR VEHICLE MAY BENEFIT FROM THE INFORMATION.

COPYRIGHT 1997 GENERAL MOTORS CORPORATION. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

gatorpatric0
01-28-07, 04:35 PM
Im not sure how that helps me......

Its not that the Keyless works sometimes...It doesnt work at all. And everynow and then, the Automatic locks and indoor lights wont work at all either, until I turn the car on, then everything returns to normal (Except the Keyless, it doesnt work no matter what I do).

It doesnt sound like that stuff is relevant to my problem.

CadillacSTS42005
01-28-07, 10:45 PM
it helps in that when it goes into the lock up mode like you say its doing the SAME thing thats being answered in that post...

gatorpatric0
01-29-07, 11:42 PM
Alright...but I dont have a "Tech 2" or whatever the thing is they are talking about. Im just gonna have to take this sled to the Caddy Dealership and see if they can fix this.

But i am truely grateful for your help, but Im not going to be able to fix it by myself.

CadillacSTS42005
01-29-07, 11:48 PM
dude
lol
your missing the point of this
according to this its your cars PZM which is causing all of the issues
so my guess is running a constant power wire to the pzm like you do on aftermarket hus to prevent it from going into sleep mode, will ALSO help keep the pzm online so as not to go into lock mode
get the idea now?

Dadillac
01-30-07, 12:13 AM
Hopefully this will help, as I did not read the entire thread. When I was installing the HU in my '02 Seville, I noticed a few things. Almost all of the electrics in the car pass through the factory stereo and climate control. When I had the factory units out and unplugged, the door locks and keyless fob didn't work, along with the ignition, dashlights, interior lights, etc. Once I put it all back together, with the GMOS-06 module, it worked again. I remember removing the center section, and needing to go to the store. I hit the door lock button on the door panel, and nothing happened. I pushed the button down manually, and closed the door. Upon returning, I hit the key fob, again nothing happened. Had to open the door with the key.

Don

gatorpatric0
01-31-07, 12:27 AM
dude
lol
your missing the point of this
according to this its your cars PZM which is causing all of the issues
so my guess is running a constant power wire to the pzm like you do on aftermarket hus to prevent it from going into sleep mode, will ALSO help keep the pzm online so as not to go into lock mode
get the idea now?

You're right. I did miss the point. Havent you noticed that I dont really know what Im doing?

Alright, I guess all I need to know is where the PZM wire is...Ive already got a constant power back there, so I can just tie it in.

CadillacSTS42005
01-31-07, 12:57 AM
lol ill look into it bro
but i mean thats my guess about all this
the bullet says its cuz the pzm goes to sleep and cuts out
so mayb running your own constant will fix this
however idk how much of a drain if any this will create but i doubt so long as u start your car and drive it every so often it will be enough to kill the battery
but its a possible solution... i mean im gonna give up any info i can find on this but this is what i got thus far and since u wanted to know anything here ya go lol

gatorpatric0
01-31-07, 11:52 PM
Hey, I appreciate everything that you are doing man. I wouldnt have the patience (if I was in your position) to deal with someone as clueless as I am.

So basically, you're the man.

CadillacSTS42005
02-01-07, 12:05 AM
lol
np
theres a reason i got that badge and i like workin to keep it lol

DUBdeville
03-17-07, 09:10 PM
i know im diggin this up from the past but i cant PM yet due to not enough posts. BUT you know everything, lets see if you can help me. i have a 99 devile base, no bose. Ive had 3 different places try to install a aftermarket HU into my car and every time my car goes nuts on me, the alarm locks and it shuts down and says theft. Now i know this is cause there is something to do with the factory HU and the alarm system right? I just want a damn cd player in my car! I have personally made my own T harness and put the factory deck into the trunk and everything was working good, then i decided to trade in my car. :bigroll: so i cut everything out and put it back to stock. I just want to know if there is anyway i can just put a stock cd player in there? i know it cant be a BOSE one but will the stock base model am/fm/cd/cass work? and where would i find one (in your opinion)?