: Borat! I come to Cadillac land to get good invormation on land boats!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-04-06, 11:26 AM
Has anyone seen Borat? I heard it's a riot! I'm gonna go see it with a bunch of friends tonight, I'll be sure to write a full review later!

gary88
11-04-06, 11:31 AM
I definatley have to see it soon. I would go tonight, but my school's football team is in the playoffs :highfive:

CadillacGurl
11-04-06, 11:35 AM
Congrats to your football team Gary, I dunno if I'm gonna see it. Tonight I was invited to go out to dinner with a couple of girls I grew up with around here. I'm not sure if I'm gonna go since my other friend Meggie wanted to hang out tonight... I know she wants to see Borat

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-04-06, 11:40 AM
Shit, I just realized a grammatical error in the title of the thread. I should have put "I come to Cadillac land to get invormation on land boats"

slk230mb
11-04-06, 11:46 AM
I saw it last night. It's pretty good, but some of the jokes just go wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy to far over the line. I'd recommend going to see it.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-04-06, 11:50 AM
I love offensive humor that goes over the line! That's why I love "Drawn Together" so much!

eldorado99
11-04-06, 01:26 PM
It's funny, but like Boombotz said, some parts just go too far, the hotel room scene mainly.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-04-06, 01:33 PM
Like "Borat" said in an article in the newest issue of Maxim, (and I paraphrase) "Kazahkstan has made many advancements in recent times; women can now ride inside of bus and homosexuals no longer have to wear blue hats!"

LOL I love it!

slk230mb
11-04-06, 01:49 PM
It's funny, but like Boombotz said, some parts just go too far, the hotel room scene mainly.

Wrong Escalade owning moderator...lol

eldorado99
11-04-06, 07:15 PM
Wrong Escalade owning moderator...lol

Lol! oops... I wasn't paying close enough attention. :o

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-05-06, 12:07 AM
Well, I didnt go out to see it tonight with my friends. They wanted to go to Arbys and then go bs at the Mall of America...they don't know what they missed out on, but then again, neither do I.

davesdeville
11-05-06, 04:02 AM
Please tell me it's not like "Drawn Together." They try way too hard to be funny, and end up falling on their face 3/4 of the time.

Ali G InDaHouse was bad ass though. So Borat's movie can't be bad.

I'm debating whether to pay matinée price or just wait until it hits the dollar theater.

CIWS
11-05-06, 07:40 AM
It's probably got "teh funnay" but it's something I'll wait to see on DVD. I still haven't gone to see Flags of our Fathers, and I do want to see that in the theatre.

JimHare
11-05-06, 07:46 AM
Pop Quiz! How many of you know where Kazakhstan actually is?..hands up.... aha!

Actually, look north of Afghanistan..it's up there with Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan and all those other so-far-away-istans...

Ancestral homeland of mostly nomadic horsemen, herders, etc. Root of the Russian-ized "Cossack". Largest of the formerly Soviet Union countries after Russia itself. Not exactly a capitalist democracy at the moment, but has huge, mostly untapped reserves of petroleum, minerals, etc etc...could become a major player in the emerging Central Asian economy, if fundamentalist religious leaders don't revert to 13th Century ways...

CIWS
11-05-06, 07:52 AM
It's a "Stan" and most/all of those are in the same general region (stan = land)

dp102288
11-05-06, 12:32 PM
I want to see it...but probably not going to. :(

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-05-06, 03:15 PM
Pop Quiz! How many of you know where Kazakhstan actually is?..hands up.... aha!

I was gonna say "south of russia, by the black sea somewhere" but your answer is more specific. :)

Is Kazakhstan the location in which "The World Is Not Enough" took place? I don't remember which country exactly it was, but I know it was one of those ex-USSR countries south of Russia somewhere...

xxpinballxx
11-05-06, 05:43 PM
well now that you said its over the line Igotta go. I laugh at the handicap and the elderly! I mean not to their faces but its a reaction I can't help. Like when someone falls....I don't wish them any harm but Isure as hell would like to see it again.......

chuckdobbins
11-05-06, 06:07 PM
well now that you said its over the line Igotta go. I laugh at the handicap and the elderly! I mean not to their faces but its a reaction I can't help. Like when someone falls....I don't wish them any harm but Isure as hell would like to see it again.......

as something with a handicapped father, words cant really express how much of a tool i think you are now :thumbsup:

33 years old? id swear you were 13. then again i DO have a 13 year old brother that shows more maturity than you.

:highfive:

xxpinballxx
11-05-06, 06:25 PM
Believe me chuck....I have a sister in a wheelchair from RSD.
I have lived 2 years in a wheelchair.

I knew there would be someone who took offense to it.
I Apologize for offending you but I am not saying I see someone with down syndrome and laugh at them.
Although I do think they say some things that would not be funny coming from a person who is not handicapped! So shoot me.....I am who I am.
Everyone has different senses of humor and mine is SICK!
I flatlined twice and still laughed in the recovery room everytime!
I guess some people don't have an overall sense of humor.....
sorry CHUCK!

eldorado99
11-05-06, 08:28 PM
Well even if you do have a sick sense of humour, at least you have some class! :thumbsup:

Believe me chuck....I have a sister in a wheelchair from RSD.
I have lived 2 years in a wheelchair.

I knew there would be someone who took offense to it.
I Apologize for offending you but I am not saying I see someone with down syndrome and laugh at them.
Although I do think they say some things that would not be funny coming from a person who is not handicapped! So shoot me.....I am who I am.
Everyone has different senses of humor and mine is SICK!
I flatlined twice and still laughed in the recovery room everytime!
I guess some people don't have an overall sense of humor.....
sorry CHUCK!

Wiseguy2
11-06-06, 01:31 AM
I saw it Saturday night. It is flat-out, the funniest movie that I have ever seen by a tremendous margin. The hotel room scene was something I could have lived without seeing though.

(Background: Like Sacha Baron Cohen, I'm also Jewish)

The "Running of the Jews" bit had me almost pissing my pants.. absolutely hysterical.

Go see it, unless you're into the whole PC thing.

TagApl4
11-06-06, 08:30 AM
I saw it and it was funny. Offensive yes, and funny oh hell yes. Better than the running of the Jews was when they became christians and crucified instead, lol, or the jewish family that could shape shift, ha. Good movie I'd say check it out. But it is short, 84 min packed to the brim with comedy.

CadillacSTS42005
11-06-06, 08:46 AM
idk
seems to much like retarded Napoleian Dynamite
never saw it cuz it looked so damn stupid
idc if it was the best movie on earth it just looked retarded
this movie looks the exact same, not worth 8 bucks which are better spent in my fuel tank...

Elvis
11-06-06, 02:41 PM
I never had seen that guy until recently. There are a bunch of Borat clips on YouTube.

The one where he goes door-to-door with a congressional candidate in Mississippi had me crying I was laughing so hard. These people were BORN to be messed with, and I'm glad Borat got him.

Sacha is a genius. He's in the same league with Chappelle right now.

dp102288
11-07-06, 10:07 AM
Yeah after I heard about the movie, I did some reading on this Borat guy. Interesting to say the least.

LUVMY04V
11-07-06, 10:29 AM
LOL great movie even better if you have never seen his character before....I have watched the ali g show for a while but my girlfriend hasent and she was crying laughing :thumbsup:

P-Funk
11-07-06, 11:21 AM
idk
seems to much like retarded Napoleian Dynamite
never saw it cuz it looked so damn stupid
idc if it was the best movie on earth it just looked retarded
this movie looks the exact same, not worth 8 bucks which are better spent in my fuel tank...

I agree.

From what I've seen of him and that type of humor, I don't really enjoy it too much. It just seems like they try too hard to be funny that it loses its humor to me.

CadillacSTS42005
11-07-06, 11:31 AM
I agree.

From what I've seen of him and that type of humor, I don't really enjoy it too much. It just seems like they try too hard to be funny that it loses its humor to me.

yup
Dane Cook
NOW THATS real good comedy!!!!
SUFI!!!!

CadillacGurl
11-07-06, 11:38 AM
Yeah I'll donate my $8 to Jay's Eldo since I drive it sometimes hehehe
I love Dane Cook.
Borat ehhh it has some funny lines but I'm not too sure about his type of comedy...

CadillacSTS42005
11-07-06, 03:47 PM
im not gonna go see his movie
hopefully he'll keep his promise
that if i dont go see it his country will execute him...

Elvis
11-07-06, 03:57 PM
I rarely see movies in a theater anymore. It has to be something REALLY good. The new movie about Bobby Kennedy looks interesting enough to get me off the couch.

Lately I've been downloading or renting. I probably won't get to see Borat until August or September.

CadillacGurl
11-07-06, 03:59 PM
Harsh Times looks interesting, theres a Fleetwood and Eva Longoria hehe

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-07-06, 09:12 PM
Sorry to say it, but the Fleetwood gets torched in that movie. I saw it in the preview. I don't know if Eva Longoria alone is enough to make up for that, maybe if she was nude, but even then...I just don't know. :(

CadillacGurl
11-07-06, 09:24 PM
Another fleetwood bites the dust:crying:

xxpinballxx
11-07-06, 11:32 PM
I think the guy is very annoying but I find his humor funny if that makes sense.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-11-06, 09:41 AM
I saw it last night..

Hilarious! There were so many funny parts in it! It's the funniest movie I've seen in a very long time! The best part is the scene where they drive past the Uzbekistan (sp?) Embassy in NYC! I think they did go too far with some parts though, especially the "hotel room" scene. But all in all, it was a good movie. I give it 87/100.

gary88
11-11-06, 10:43 AM
I hear so much about this "hotel room" scene from everybody who saw it!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-11-06, 11:30 AM
I guess you haven't seen it.

Well, I'll explain.

Borat goes in to take a shower, he gets out and his producer/friend is whacking off to his Baywatch magazine. They both get into naked fight. You can't see anything real gross, but his friend is a very fat man, so theres lots of fat rolling and it goes on for like 5 minutes. Best part in that scene is the thing they use to block out Borat's dick...it hangs down to his knees! lol!

dp102288
11-12-06, 10:48 AM
^^ Now I know why people keep mentioning that!

:vomit:

Elvis
11-13-06, 01:22 PM
Well, I guess I'll be skipping this movie...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-13-06, 04:03 PM
Naw don't skip it just because of one scene. Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather see two "naked" (it's edited) guys fighting than seeing somebody's heart getting pulled out, or their eyeball getting stabbed, or anything else of that nature.

eugen
09-23-10, 04:51 AM
I am from Kazakhstan!!
This is stupid and ****ing movie!
everythings what you saw in this movie - ****ING SHIT !

Sevillian273
09-23-10, 06:05 AM
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm232/mintkiller/facepalm.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-23-10, 06:27 AM
Wow, i don't remember making this thread, lol.

hueterm
09-23-10, 08:41 AM
I can't believe some noob tool dug it up after this long....

Sevillian273
09-23-10, 04:29 PM
Im glad, because I've been wanting to use that facepalm for a long time.

Jesda
09-23-10, 06:21 PM
What the f*** :histeric:

You can tell a thread is old when you see Nicki's posts

Stingroo
09-23-10, 06:49 PM
You know, I've never seen this movie. My best friend at the time claimed I was "too American to enjoy it anyway." :lol:

It did look pretty stupid though.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-23-10, 06:50 PM
It was OK, but Bruno was just gross.

(why the hell do we keep posting in this thread? It's almost four years old!)

Stingroo
09-23-10, 07:19 PM
Bruno just looked flat out retarded, so I didn't even bother.

(Because we can?)

77CDV
09-23-10, 07:44 PM
I don't know why Chad's whining. It's his thread!

Sevillian273
09-23-10, 07:54 PM
I predict a rash of epic thread revivals in the near future....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-23-10, 08:01 PM
Speaking of Borat, I heard SBC was supposed to do a Freddie Mercury/Queen movie sometime in the near future.

77CDV
09-23-10, 11:19 PM
He's a dead ringer, so why not.

Sevillian273
09-24-10, 06:05 AM
Or... dead rimmer. :zing:

The-Dullahan
09-24-10, 11:50 PM
Never seen it, but the Gypsy scene (There may be many) was filmed in a part of Romania a friend of mine visits frequently. Gypsies are not nearly what the romanticized American media treats them to be. Ironically that image is inspired largely by Pikeys, whom are more often called Gypsies, albeit that is an inaccurate term....go figure. The term Pikey is seldom used properly these days either and tends to be associated with chavs and camper vans, rather than cemeteries and Gallowglass. What is wrong with today's Media?

Anyhow, I hear the movie was rather funny.