: The New Cadillac TV Ad

TWasArroundHere
11-04-06, 07:15 AM
I just saw this on TV and its pretty cool. Has a bunch of old caddies in it, all the way up to the new ones.

http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/footer/downloads.jsp?year=2007

Totaly cool

gary88
11-04-06, 10:55 AM
Whoever picked the music for that commercial should be fired

CadillacGurl
11-04-06, 10:58 AM
Yeah agreed, "Punkrocker"?!?!?!
Its a good commercial with all the cars but the music is plain out horrid

Lord Cadillac
11-04-06, 02:01 PM
The commercial is just trying to reach another group of people it may have forgotten about in the past... No big deal..

One day the V-Series commercials will be playing to "Seek and Destroy" and 90% of the people just aren't going to get it... Again, just reaching out to a specific group...

Adam
11-04-06, 03:50 PM
that was cool. only two problems i could see were music and they missed the whole 90s. there should have been a Fleetwood in there as well as an STS or Eldo and a Deville. why go from a slant back Seville to an XLR?

Jesda
11-04-06, 06:44 PM
I'm going to have to redo the commercial with something a little more powerful than Iggy Pop.

AlBundy
11-04-06, 07:45 PM
that was cool. only two problems i could see were music and they missed the whole 90s. there should have been a Fleetwood in there as well as an STS or Eldo and a Deville. why go from a slant back Seville to an XLR?

You took the words right out of my mouth.:highfive:

CIWS
11-04-06, 07:59 PM
It / They're available on Cadillac's website. It's called "Roll"

http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/footer/downloads.jsp?year=2007

ARTIST: Teddybears
SONG: Punkrocker
ALBUM: Soft Machine

codewize
11-04-06, 08:42 PM
Yeah the 60 sec version is a little more inclusive but the song still sucks. I also agree, there should be a Fleetwood I mean since that is the flagship Cadillac.

gdwriter
11-04-06, 09:08 PM
Call me a Philistine, but the music isn't a deal-breaker for me. I'm open to suggestions for improvements, though.

Otherwise, I think it's a pretty cool commercial. I especially like how the camera flies in and out of the cars. Nice choice of vintage Caddies, and on the 60-second version, I like the transition from the Allanté to the XLR.

So many cool Caddies, it's hard to pick my favorite, but if I were to choose one to drive, it would be the '67 Eldorado. Damn, that car is fine.

Benzilla
11-04-06, 11:06 PM
I love it, the song is whiny and fake, but still a very good ad. Love the '76 Eldo, I mean, white and red ragtop with a 500 big block... SEXY.

I just wish they had a '79 Full size, I think that was a very important time for Cadillac. It was the last year you could just call a dealer and say "I want a new Cadillac" and know that whatever you got, it would be a great car.

JRau
11-04-06, 11:47 PM
Pretty good ad, and I agree, music should have been something else, and I would like to have seen something from the '90's as well. It is not like everyone else's ads however, so I give 'em credit...

JRau in central Iowa

Jesda
11-05-06, 12:37 AM
Cadillac seems to be using empty, soulless music to target empty, soulless people (who generally buy lots of Lexuses).

JRau
11-05-06, 12:54 AM
Cadillac seems to be using empty, soulless music to target empty, soulless people (who generally buy lots of Lexuses).

Too funny!! Glad my bladder was empty... You're right on target, though.

JRau in central Iowa

gothicaleigh
11-05-06, 07:43 AM
It is not like everyone else's ads however, so I give 'em credit...

Here's the same concept done by BMW:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6120561778461744394&q=BMW+3+ad

Much better execution and choice of music. It makes me smile at how well they matched the scenes to the lyrics too...

CIWS
11-05-06, 07:47 AM
Damn gothicaleigh, based on that I would almost have to say Cadillac didn't even come up with an original concept for the spot. Much less the choice for the back track.

JRau
11-05-06, 07:55 AM
Here's the same concept done by BMW:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6120561778461744394&q=BMW+3+ad

Much better execution and choice of music. It makes me smile at how well they matched the scenes to the lyrics too...

Hmm. I take it back, then. I've never seen either ad on TV, but then again, I don't watch too much TV, and now that I'm addicted to CadillacOwners, I'll be watchin' less, and getting to bed later! :histeric:

JRau in central Iowa

Patrick7997
11-05-06, 08:47 AM
I'm a little annoyed by that commerical, to be honest....

Several of the sweet vintage Cadillacs there are Eldorados.... soo, uhhh, with such a fabulous heritage of Eldorados, you quit making it WHY?!?!?! Remind me again, I forgot.....

Note to GM, an XLR, while cool, is NOT AN ELDORADO SUBSTITUTE!!!!

An XLR is a Corvette or Lexus SC430 substitute.... there is NO substitute for an Eldorado!!! I'm taking NOTHING away from the sweet XLR, okay, but it's not the same niche, and it's not the same market....

(sigh)... sorry, rant over....apologies...

dp102288
11-05-06, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the link. I will be watching most of those.

xxpinballxx
11-05-06, 04:25 PM
I loved that commercial until you guys mentioned the music!
I never even payed attention too busy trying to list all the cars and see them all. Now I gotta hum something else when it comes on or mute it....I also agree about the skipping of certain years and eras....the 90's being the most obvious one.

xxpinballxx
11-05-06, 04:27 PM
I think the BMW ad is a better ad but not as nice to look at!

Jesda
11-05-06, 04:41 PM
The BMW ad suffers from the same problem. Not enough time showing the E30, too much time showing the stupid overweight Bangaloid.

xxpinballxx
11-05-06, 04:51 PM
Jesda are you making up words?
Bangaloid? Never heard of it and would guess you need to see a doctor to get rid of it.....

Elvis
11-06-06, 02:55 PM
That "welcome to the world of gentlemen, gentlemen" ad has to be the stupidest thing I've ever seen. It makes me NOT want to buy a Cadillac.

The one where the guy claims he shot "around" 70 is pathetic too.

gdwriter
11-06-06, 03:18 PM
Jesda are you making up words?
Bangaloid? Never heard of it and would guess you need to see a doctor to get rid of it.....

I think he's making up words, too. But they're good ones. My definition:

Ban•gle•oid (Bang’gel’roid) n. A painfully ugly rear-end design on current-model BMWs attributed to hack-ass designer Chris Bangle. See hemorroid.

JRau
11-06-06, 03:59 PM
Ban•gle•oid (Bang’gel’roid) n. A painfully ugly rear-end design on current-model BMWs attributed to hack-ass designer Chris Bangle. See hemorroid.[/QUOTE]

TOO FUNNY!!! :histeric:

JRau in central Iowa

P-Funk
11-06-06, 04:29 PM
I don't have any problem with the music (in fact, I kinda liked it). I haven't watched the 60 second version but the sound clip from the version I've seen on tv was fine. To each his own I guess.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-06-06, 04:40 PM
I thought the commercial was fine, but kinda peeved that they skipped all the good models from 1985-now..

Murphyg
11-06-06, 04:47 PM
I thought the ad was put together quite well in all aspects.
Everything sinced together and worked.
Definatally not a song I would put on to just listen to, but i thought it worked good with the spot.
Liked the lyrics, specially bout grabbin the wheel and everyone wanting to be me (or something like that).
Thought the song was kinda neutral to appeal to all age groups.

As to not getting all the cars in that everyone would like to see.
What do you expect for a 60 sec spot. Not like they're making music videos.

I liked it :thumbsup: