: Turn signals working some of the time?

Cadboy425
11-03-06, 10:12 PM
Hey anyone experience their turn signals not working? Every so often when i hit the turn signal to signal left or right nothing happens. After a few tries or if i turn the car off and on it works again. Any input?

ryaus1
11-03-06, 10:16 PM
this happened to me twice in the past month. both times i tried using the left blinker. just a few seconds later the problem is gone..

sgilbert
11-03-06, 11:17 PM
Yup---1st time last week. Never happened before.

miked
11-04-06, 04:57 PM
Happens to me, too . . . . they come back on within five or six minutes.

Weird.

ewill3rd
11-04-06, 05:49 PM
Make sure the lights are working.
I have been seeing problems with the turn signal sockets burning up.
The lamps have to be removed and disassembled and the sockets replaced with new bulbs.
We used to have to replace the whole light assembly to replace the socket!

Cadboy425
11-05-06, 03:33 PM
well the thing that worries me is that whenever i complain about these electrical problems i get my work order back sayin customer states whatever and the dealer writes "unable to dublicate problem".

ewill3rd
11-05-06, 06:26 PM
If the socket overheats, it can cause an "intermittent" condition, which means it will stop doing it when you turn into the dealership parking lot!

Tell them that it's intermittent and that the front one won't light up.
They should pull it out and look at it and see the socket is melted.
As many as I have seen I'd probably pull it out for inspection even if it was working when I check it.

miked
11-06-06, 01:54 AM
The turn signal indicator in the instrument panel also doesn't turn on . . .

ewill3rd
11-06-06, 06:25 AM
Hmmm... usually if it's the socket the tail lamp and the indicateor blink fast.
Maybe you have a different problem.
If it acts up, try wiggling the hazard switch.
I have never seen one go bad on an SRX but I have seen them fail on other carlines.
It's the button in the top center dash vent.
All the lights run through that.

Otherwise it could be the flasher module.

Cadboy425
11-07-06, 10:56 PM
So the dealer told me today that they have to replace a flash control module that was apparently fried in my car. They had to order the parts for that and tomorrow will be the 3rd day they have it. We'll see if it fixes that. I also have it in for a creaking sunroof and u can see my posts in the creaking sunroof thread.

ewill3rd
11-08-06, 08:27 AM
It looks pretty simple to replace, I am not surprised they don't have one.
This is the first I have heard of one going bad on an SRX.
The roof will probably take them longer than the flasher!

Good luck on both concerns.

Cadboy425
11-11-06, 02:11 PM
Got the car back after like 5 business days had a 07 Impala loaner which rode alot smoother and quieter than the SRX. The delay was gettin that flash controle module part. So far the flashers are working. Sunroof is quiet for now.

mohmoh
11-11-06, 05:26 PM
I have had an intermittent flasher problem on my 2005 V8 for some time. It only occurs in cold weather with windscreen wipers and headlights on. It is very intermittent, but when it does happen, highly dangerous. When it occurs, the dash flasher light does not work and neither do the external turn signals. Looks like a marginal low voltage condition.

Cadboy425
11-13-06, 03:00 PM
I have had an intermittent flasher problem on my 2005 V8 for some time. It only occurs in cold weather with windscreen wipers and headlights on. It is very intermittent, but when it does happen, highly dangerous. When it occurs, the dash flasher light does not work and neither do the external turn signals. Looks like a marginal low voltage condition.

Yeah that sounds like the same problem that I had and yes noticed that it happened more at night w/ the headlights on.

mohmoh
11-16-06, 08:44 PM
Yeah that sounds like the same problem that I had and yes noticed that it happened more at night w/ the headlights on.

Were they able to reproduce the problem? Or, did you persuade them to replace the flasher module anyway? Mine is at the dealership right now...
thanks

Cadboy425
11-18-06, 07:51 PM
I wasn't able to reproduce the problem but they said my flasher module was fried.

Don821
12-06-06, 12:04 AM
I have an '05, and am experiencing the same problem with the intermittent turn signals. I have had it to the dealer twice. They replaced the flash module the first time. The second time, I also had a bad socket on the right front flasher (appeared to be a dead bulb). They replaced that flasher, but it is still happening, but now now not as often. The only clues I have so far are that it is always at night after the sensors have brought the exterior and dash lights on, and normally starts when I go to turn on the left flasher. Neither indicator will come on (nor will the flashers) unless I first engage the four way flashers (on then off), which typically restores the turn signals to normal operation. The dealer has told me that until they (or I) can reproduce it reliably, there is not much more they can do. I was hopeful that it was fixed after the second visit to the dealer, but it just happened to me again a couple of weeks ago while attempting to make a lane change at 85 mph on the highway. So, it is not a good problem to have. Any more insight that anyone might have would be much appreciated.

Take Care,
D.

syrob@MSN.COM
12-06-06, 04:19 AM
On early 2004 (maybe 2005) the front turning signal bulb socket/harness/assembly has a know defect. Intermittent operation of the turn signal may occur as this assembly intermittently fails. Solution once the socket /harness goes bad on any side is to replace BOTH sides if your vin falls within the range that has known issues, that is if you do not want problems in the future from the other side.

SYROB

ewill3rd
12-06-06, 06:25 AM
I haven't seen any yet, but the fact that it starts working when you activate and deactivate the hazard lights tells me you could have a bad hazard switch.
Instead of turning it on next time, try wiggling the button.
I used to have problems on a lot of Chevys that used that in dash type of switch.

Northern SRX
01-11-07, 07:13 AM
This problem just occurred on my '04 V8 SRX yesterday morning. I suspected some electrical quirk and turned off the car and restarted it - problem gone. I'll track it and try to note next time if headlights are on (don't think they were yesterday).

Am unhappy with the battery though - the voltage is in range but I suspect that it doesn't produce the required amperage. This thing dies really easily. At 37k miles, that's a tad early...

When I list the warranty fixes that I've had on this car, I wonder why I still love it. Then I hit the throttle through some twisties...

ryaus1
01-11-07, 07:17 PM
I actually had the problem happen again (probably the fifth or sixth time in total now). I concur that it always happens when the headlights are on. I did push the hazard switch as suggested by ewill3rd earlier and interestingly enough that remedied the problem immediately.

Cadboy425
02-21-07, 05:33 AM
Well everyone the problem came back. The car is back at the dealer and they said they will replace the flash control module again.

afg350ci
02-21-07, 04:25 PM
It has happened God knows how many times to my 05 SRX, but I just turn off the turn signal and turn it on again. That usually fixes it. Sometimes, I have to try 2 or 3 times. It hasn't bothered me enough to go through the hassle of taking it in to be checked out.

davedogcaddy
02-21-07, 09:03 PM
HOLY COW! I thought I was going crazy!!! I have had this happen to me, but it is SO very intermintant, that I have dreaded taking it to the dealer (you know how they are). Sometimes it will go weeks if not months without a problem, then without warning it might happen twice within a few days!

And yes, it usually starts on the left signal, usually when the headlights have come on, and I too figured that switching on the hazards for a second, then switching them back off again 100% of the time will restore turn signal operation.

Wish they would issue a recall or something, this is highly unsafe, but without a recall I fear I will waste a morning at the dealership only to hear "I'm sorry sir, we were unable to duplicate your problem."

-dave

King3244
02-21-07, 09:57 PM
Just this morning had my 04 in for the same problem.......they replaced the socket and bulb under warranty.

mohmoh
02-25-07, 07:49 PM
I still have the problem on my early 2005. The dealership tells me that Cadillac won't let them do anything to fix it unless they can reproduce it. I regard this as highly dangerous. I've told the dealership that if I have an accident due to this or get a ticket, I will hold them responsible and sue them and/or Cadillac. Not something I want to have to spend time on. How much do you have to spend on a car to get working turn signals? Clearly $60,000 is not enough...

Gerasimos
04-07-07, 01:48 PM
Have the complaints of intermittant "no turn signals" been for both sides - right and left? I'm experieincing a second burned out turn signal bulb in 6-8 months. I wonder if I have a similar socket/module problem? Anyone else with the same issue?