: SRX Electronics

Mark W
11-03-06, 08:20 PM
I swore that last time I visited this page -before I purchased- that there was info posted on a problem re: the SRX's battery going dead for no apparent reason. Various reasons were offered in explanation, including the interior light dimmer switch being set at full brightness and causing a charge drain.
Now that I own an SRX -'06 V6 AWD- I have reason to contribute. My car has been drained 2 days (not) running now, with less than 5K on the odo. Highly disappointing. I love jumping a $40K car in my non-existent spare time. Roadside Service couldn't : tow my car more than 20 miles w/out charging $7.00 per mile over this limit (my selling dealer is 45 miles away -you do the math), or pick up my car on a Friday -their agents were all busy. They offered to jump my car so I could drive it to the dealer -again in my non-existent spare time, OR pick it up on Saturday -so my Honda owning neighbors could bear witness?
Dead in the Driveway!
Confirmed the earlier posting, "Firefighter" circa 5/06
MarkW

c5 rv
11-03-06, 09:11 PM
Bummer. Is there a closer Cadillac dealer? I have one near home and one near work. I can drop the car at either and pick up a loaner. When the car is ready I swap the loaner for my car. It takes very little extra time from my day - plus I get to look at the new cars.

robhersch
11-04-06, 05:14 AM
Suggest maybe one alternative: take your car to a local AutoZone or similar Pep Boys, etc auto parts store; most will (for free) connect a system tester to check your battery and your electrical system. My neighbor had a similar problem with battery going down overnight, and AutoZone tested (free), found bad cell and sold him a new battery. (If found yours is bad, probably free replacement under warranty)

MortnCyn
11-04-06, 07:33 AM
If you have not had the problems that the '04 SRX had (radio, disk changer, dash lights) it is most likely a bad cell (something floating that makes contact between plates and runs the battery down). Have had AC Delco batteries do some weird things. Power seems OK by looking at headlamps etc. but it would not turn the engine over.
Question. Do you leave anything plugged into the cigar lighters such as a cell phone? The power does not shut down when the key is off unless you have the dealer make a change that will shut down the power outlets in 10 minutes.

TSS
11-04-06, 02:47 PM
My 06 (June production) had a bad battery. Replaced at about 1K miles - no problems since.

Smokin' SRX
11-10-06, 01:11 AM
I swore that last time I visited this page -before I purchased- that there was info posted on a problem re: the SRX's battery going dead for no apparent reason. Various reasons were offered in explanation, including the interior light dimmer switch being set at full brightness and causing a charge drain.
Now that I own an SRX -'06 V6 AWD- I have reason to contribute. My car has been drained 2 days (not) running now, with less than 5K on the odo. Highly disappointing. I love jumping a $40K car in my non-existent spare time. Roadside Service couldn't : tow my car more than 20 miles w/out charging $7.00 per mile over this limit (my selling dealer is 45 miles away -you do the math), or pick up my car on a Friday -their agents were all busy. They offered to jump my car so I could drive it to the dealer -again in my non-existent spare time, OR pick it up on Saturday -so my Honda owning neighbors could bear witness?
Dead in the Driveway!
Confirmed the earlier posting, "Firefighter" circa 5/06
MarkW

You are correct! Theory was that the overhead slide switch for dimming dash and interior lighting in total, moves/jumps/shorts to "Max" (all interior lights on, all the time!) and you don't notice the lack of a "Fade Out" , as you exit and walk away from the vehicle. The proximity to "Max" on seems to be the suspect here.

I leave mine at 3/4 position and no probs! Assuming that's your problem!!:confused:

mack1a
11-10-06, 04:01 AM
MARK W, sorry to hear you have this problem. You have another problem, you need a new dealer. I hope you are in an area with options.

I am 28 miles from my dealer and they would never blow me off that way. The generator lite came on once. The car was still running but I didn't want to risk a breakdown getting to the dealer. He sent 2 guys over in another car within a couple of hours, one drove mine and the other one followed him. One of their employees lives close and I have a standing offer for him to park his car at my house and take mine to work if it rquires service.

If I take a car in they always have a loaner. In fact they will ask if there is anything in particular that I want to drive. If so they will tell me when it is unscheduled and make my service appointment for that time.

I have bought 7 caddys from them but the service was just as good on the first one as it is now.

urbanski
11-10-06, 06:49 AM
why wouldnt roadside assistance change the battery? they do all the time for others

TSS
11-10-06, 08:27 AM
I agree re: your dealer. Mine is tops. They treated me like a VIP when I bought my wife's certified used SLS. That is one of the reasons I bought my new SRX from them. I always get a new Cadillac loaner and never get blown off. (Capitol Cadillac, Lansing, MI).

I had a Lexus and the service was not good (but still not as bad as you described though). I won't buy a vehicle anymore unless I know I will get good service. That is more important to me than the actual purchase experience.

dbknight
11-10-06, 07:47 PM
My mother's XLR had a bad battery -- they sent out a special XLR tech and he swapped out the battery and did a thorough inspection while he was there. I know she is always happy with the dealer she works with.

So far on my SRX, at 9,600 miles, no issues. (knocking on wood)