: Lexus owners???

Davidstan
11-03-06, 01:48 PM
I'm sure this has been asked before but why is there a Lexus owners area on a Cadillac forum. Just wondering....my mother in law has one.

RobertCTS
11-03-06, 02:33 PM
I'm sure this has been asked before but why is there a Lexus owners area on a Cadillac forum. Just wondering....my mother in law has one.

It's where we go for laughes and giggles.:histeric: :D

Lord Cadillac
11-03-06, 03:11 PM
...it's not an "area", it's just a link to another forum whom links to us...

90Brougham350
11-03-06, 05:40 PM
Ah yes, the Lexus forum.......also known as the reliable souless appliance forum.

dp102288
11-03-06, 09:06 PM
Hey, cut them some slack. They probably say that our cars are old slow boats. :tisk:

Sandy
11-03-06, 09:14 PM
A friend say he doesn't understand all the fuss over them, claiming that they are "Just Toyota Avalons without a frame" ~

This he says because the Avalon has a " H " frame and the Lexus ha an " X " under it kinda sorta frame.

Me? The only Japanese luxury car I was ever drawn to was the now defunct Infiniti Q45.

Jesda
11-04-06, 01:08 AM
Its there in case you decide life is too much fun.

JRau
11-04-06, 08:33 AM
To me, Lexus' are just more expensive Toyota's. They all look alike. :yawn:

JRau in central Iowa

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-04-06, 09:22 AM
Hey, cut them some slack. They probably say that our cars are old slow boats. :tisk:

All the more reason to give them a hard time!

codewize
11-04-06, 09:26 AM
Then while they're getting a good view of our tail lights they come back to reality.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-04-06, 09:28 AM
Lexus owners?

"Hey this GS300 is a Lexus, I'll look good behind the wheel of it, I'll buy it"

omarg
12-10-06, 11:47 PM
hey hey hey... i have 3 lexus'. I love em all. But they are nothing compared to my first love. My 93 STS. Oh god i loved that car so much.

TomDeville
12-10-06, 11:51 PM
fancy toyopets;
their existence
I do regret.

:cool2:

omarg
12-10-06, 11:59 PM
huh? If your insinuating Lexus' are just gussied up Toyotas...

LS1Mike
12-11-06, 12:01 AM
They are, same drive line and engines. Just pampered a bit, nothing wrong with that, but why not just get the Toyota, or better yet get a nice Cadillac.

Lord Cadillac
12-11-06, 12:08 AM
Not all Lexus vehicles are made in Toyota factories... Cadillac is to Buick what Lexus is to Toyota..

omarg
12-11-06, 12:09 AM
well I have 2 ls400's which have no toyota cousin. ( You could say the JDM Toyota Celsior, but they are essentially the same car because Lexus wasn't intorduced in Japan till 2006) OK OK So the ES300 is a camry, but way prettier you gotta admit.

I really want another 93 STS. I've been searching for a good deal but all the cars i have come accross have "service ride control" which scares me. :)

Lord Cadillac
12-11-06, 08:33 AM
I believe both the LS and GS are unique and not built on the same assembly line as the glorified Toyotas like the ES (Camry) and the rest...

90Brougham350
12-11-06, 09:23 AM
Right you are boss.

If you think about it, Lexus is the luxury inverse of Cadillac in many ways:

More songs written about Cadillac than any other car. None about Lexus.

Cadillac has arguable more "soul" than any other car ever built. Lexus has less than any other ever built.

People who buy Lexus' buy them because they don't ever want to have to fix anything, people who buy Cadillac love to get their hands on every inch of their car.

Cadillac has been a technology and style innovator so many times (first electric starter, synchro mesh, V-16, rocketship tailights, '67 Eldorado, Northstar), Lexus has perfected the art of imitation. Don't believe me? Look at a 7-series and an LS460.

The list could go on and on.

JRau
12-11-06, 09:35 AM
Right you are boss.

If you think about it, Lexus is the luxury inverse of Cadillac in many ways:

More songs written about Cadillac than any other car. None about Lexus.

Cadillac has arguable more "soul" than any other car ever built. Lexus has less than any other ever built.

People who buy Lexus' buy them because they don't ever want to have to fix anything, people who buy Cadillac love to get their hands on every inch of their car.

Cadillac has been a technology and style innovator so many times (first electric starter, synchro mesh, V-16, rocketship tailights, '67 Eldorado, Northstar), Lexus has perfected the art of imitation. Don't believe me? Look at a 7-series and an LS460.

The list could go on and on.

Well said, Brian! :yup: :nuffsaid:

JRau in central Iowa

Lord Cadillac
12-11-06, 09:52 AM
Ditto.. All true, Brian.. To the tee.. I do believe, however, they'll make some headway on the "soul" thing with their new F-Series.. They HAVE recently given up some luxury to performance.. The new GS feels more like an STS or BMW than what a Lexus has felt like over the years. And I hear and read that the IS is fun to drive.. So they're on their way.. Let's just hope they don't start copying Cadillac designs...

90Brougham350
12-11-06, 09:57 AM
Agreed, although I don't see it happening. The Bangle-shark design is more conservative and used by BMW and to a lessor degree MB. The Cadillac Art and Science theme is bold and new, and has recieved alot of reviews bad and good. Lexus would naturally follow the lead of BMW in this case.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-11-06, 10:16 AM
people who buy Cadillac love to get their hands on every inch of their car.

Well I don't know if I'd say that. I don't mean to bust your balls or anything, but there are a lot of owners out there (older folks mostly) that just drive their Cadillacs and when something does go bad, they just take it to the dealer and pay big bucks to have it fixed. These are the people who arent on here, I think all of us on here are the opposite. We know all the facts and information pertaining to our cars, the other people I'm thinking of just drive them and care less about the facts and information.

Atleast that's the way I've always thought of it...

Jesda
12-11-06, 10:36 AM
By and large, Lexus has usurped the traditional Cadillac buyer, a trend that began when Lexus replaced Cadillac as the top-selling luxury brand in the US. What Cadillac is cultivating is a generation of more style- and performance-conscious owners.

Lord Cadillac
12-11-06, 03:11 PM
By and large, Lexus has usurped the traditional Cadillac buyer, a trend that began when Lexus replaced Cadillac as the top-selling luxury brand in the US. What Cadillac is cultivating is a generation of more style- and performance-conscious owners.
This is true and it kinda bothers me because I feel Cadillac would have been exactly what Lexus is (with soul and excellent designs) if it weren't for everybody wanting a rode-carving BMW. I like traditional Cadillacs and if it weren't for the DTS, there'd be nothing left of that. I think Cadillac should stick to the traditional feel of soft riding vehicles with soft, warm interiors and leave the performance suspensions and hard, cold interiors for the V-Series...

CIWS
12-11-06, 04:32 PM

Then they've never been outrun by a V, or didn't know it was a V that outran them. I can think of an LS430 owner whos wondering WTF is with that "old man" Red Line that's beat his azz twice now.

dp102288
12-11-06, 09:31 PM
This thread is turning out pretty good. I like it!

Brian and Jesda...excellent posts on Caddy and Lexus.