: My First Cadillac SRX

John M
11-02-06, 07:21 PM
Hello I come hear to ask if the problems I face with my new Cadillac are common?

First if you have the body kit for the SRX please email me and tell me what you think?

OK 2 months ago I purchased my first Cadillac I went with a 2006 SRX V8 with the DVD, full glass roof, entertainment system and air for the rear seats.. All the option listed.

Well after a few week search they found one and told me to come get her. Well it started from there the Price changed the down payment changed, the best yet to come I go in that night to pick up the truck and they told me they had to do some installation of parts :eek: Well they delivered me the car with the tow hitch in the box and told me they can't install it due to the body kit! Then driving home that night I had people beeping at me and pointing at the back of the truck. Well :mad: I get out and see the back body kit is hanging off:thehand: Further looking around the truck the next day I see the front mud flaps are hanging and the front body panel is also hanging. This is all held on with Tape :tisk: After 5 trips to the service center they still can not get these parts to stay on :eek: Does anyone else have this problem?

I really think I got a lemon here. Few other things
When stepping on the gas you here a sound like wind rushing in.
DVD Nav screen keeps changing back to gray screen.
Roof does not close keeps opening

Is it me? BTW I bought this from Alantic Cadillac the worst dealing I have ever had.

Thanks,
John

dimitri_010
11-02-06, 11:30 PM
lol what the hell did they give you?!
If i were you i would drive it back straight into their dealership and demand a new one. That isnt normal...usually when people drive cars, they feel safe to know theyre car is still in one piece, in your case..im pretty shocked, ive never heard of that before. GL with whatever you do.

Eldo1953
11-03-06, 12:59 AM
Holy smokes! Drop that piece off at the dealer and tell them to get you a new one. I have never heard so many problems all at once on a brand new car!

John M
11-03-06, 06:53 AM
Well here is where it gets good, for two months I've been between the Dealer and Service. So I went to Cadillac HQ they are now trying to help. From what the service tells me the parts just do not fit the truck! This is why I was wondering if anyone else got the body kit? They also tell me so far I'm the only one with this kit... I find this hard to believe. They have changed out the parts five times now, even had their acessory team fly in from GM to try and have these parts stick, I just don't thing tape is going to do it.

The sad thing is I now left with handling it through the "Lemon Law" The dealer is just turning their back.

John

GMJim
11-03-06, 06:56 AM
Sorry to hear about your troubles. What do you mean by front & rear body panels? I know I had to re-install the mudflaps on my 04. They are supposed to use the retainers that hold the wheel house liner on. Tape is not an exceptable method. The dealer owes you results. NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

c5 rv
11-03-06, 08:02 AM
Can you post some pics of this body kit? This is very strange sounding. It sounds like you bought a unit that your dealer located at another dealership. They made the initial deal with you based on the pricing in the computer. When they contacted the other dealer, they were told that the unit had a number of aftermarket items added, so the price would be higher. They then passed this price increase on to you. They probably don't want to deal with the problems with the aftermarket items because they didn't install them - they "just" sold you the car. Unfortunately, unless they are GM accessories, I doubt GM will be able to help much. I think the best you can hope for is that the buy the car back for what you paid and put you into a factory stock unit. Good luck.

TSS
11-03-06, 09:02 AM
I have never seen a body kit either, and c5rv and I live in SRX central (Lansing).

Pics would help I guess. It seems if they just take the kit off completely and refund your $$ for the kit add on, much of your woes will be gone. I assume the tape can be removed without any body damage.

nassaublvd
11-03-06, 11:41 AM
This sounds like it can't be true. I've owned all types of luxury makes, and Cadillac dealers are head and shoulders above the rest in the NY area, which is where Atlantic is located. If this is true, try going to North Bay's service center. Also, if this body kit, which I ahve never heard of or seen, is an aftermarket item, GM won't offer you anything when you call their line and problem has nothing to do with the lemon law. I am also positive GM would not fly in anybody to look at taped a taped on body kit or any other problem, unless maybe your car came alive and decapitated you on video. This sounds like a hater who is stirring it up online. Otherwise, you must not be enough of a hard ass, b/c if anyone taped anything to my new car, I would have found it in the delivery inspection and if peices of my car fell off, I would have driven right through the glass into the showroom if they didn't take it back. I am having a hard time believing that this would happen even at a KIA dealership.:thepan:

TSS
11-03-06, 04:02 PM
I guess pics may resolve the doubt. Pics?

ckrichards
11-03-06, 04:48 PM
Yes, would be nice to see the pics. The body kit could be the lower skirting. The dealer could have ran over something and tried to patch it. Can't really guess without pictures.

robhersch
11-04-06, 05:00 AM
I cannot believe that a legitimate GM dealer would get involved with this disaster (if truly as you have described); I agree that any unauthorized
"after-market" mods should not be a GM problem, but an issue between you and the vehicle seller (and your Better Business Burueau)!!
I have never heard of a "body kit" either; and I agree that any "body parts" that are "taped" on sounds like a "road hazard" and should not be legal for on-the-highway use!! Suggest that you contact your state highway patrol road inspection team if the "party" that sold you the vehicle does not make it legally safe to drive - unless you agreed to buy a MODIFIED AS-IS vehicle maybe for off-road-use only!!
GM does offer some "accessories" (ie, a rear bumper cover and a front brush cover that I believe to just be taped-on over the OEM to reduce scrapes on original paint) and these should be able to be easily installed or removed. The tape used seems to be a 3M, 2 sided stick-on, normally available at Home Depot, not simply 2 sided carpet tape. GOOD LUCK!!!

caddycruiser
11-06-06, 02:21 PM
Doesn't really sound like the car itself is the issue, just *maybe* the dealer and the--whatever the heck it is--body kit that no one seems to have ever seen before.

The things you mentioned with the DVD and the roof should actually be pretty easy to fix quickly, and not at all in lemon category. As far as the body kit, again, that's a very weird one, and as someone said--was it a car they found at another dealer and then when they got it it had all the extra crap on it (i.e. the body kit)? That would be very easy to resolve--i.e., just don't take that car--but it's still kind of unclear what really happened.

The "body kit" is still the biggest mystery though...:hmm:

john d
11-06-06, 02:44 PM
Doesn't really sound like the car itself is the issue, just *maybe* the dealer and the--whatever the heck it is--body kit that no one seems to have ever seen before.

The things you mentioned with the DVD and the roof should actually be pretty easy to fix quickly, and not at all in lemon category. As far as the body kit, again, that's a very weird one, and as someone said--was it a car they found at another dealer and then when they got it it had all the extra crap on it (i.e. the body kit)? That would be very easy to resolve--i.e., just don't take that car--but it's still kind of unclear what really happened.

The "body kit" is still the biggest mystery though...:hmm:
Could it be "stuff" like this?
http://vogue-tyre.com/products/accessories/index.php?page=2

GMJim
11-29-06, 12:10 PM
Way to go JohnM. fire everybody up, then disappear

John M
01-02-07, 04:28 PM
Ok guys really sorry I never received a mail telling me that the forum had an update. To answer some of the questions here are a few photos. As you see in the first picture the plate which said SRX fell off and is now gone.
Here is an update, I still have the problems, what we are now doing is ordering new bumpers and crediting my lease. This dealer is the worst:bomb: They never paid off the car I turned in correlty, they also screwed up the Registration. Now I know why they have fired the manager of this place. My kids could do a better job there. I did give it a thought to drive this thing through their lobby but we know who wins then. I went as nigh as a could through GM they told me I would have to go through arbitration, who the hell has the time for this.
After speaking with many other people who bought from this dealer same issues, I can only say stay away. BTW this was not a dealer option it was offered from GM with the handling package I bought.
John
http://jtm311.com/IMG_6373.JPG
http://jtm311.com/IMG_6374.JPG
http://jtm311.com/IMG_6375.JPG
http://jtm311.com/IMG_6376.JPG
http://jtm311.com/IMG_6377.JPG

John M
01-02-07, 04:59 PM
I keep posting but it never shows up.

TSS
01-03-07, 09:57 AM
Wow. I am really sorry, but that was never a factory option. At best, they are dealer installed "GM" authorized parts. What did they tell you came in the handling package besides the body add-ons?

In any event, I feel for you. Thanks for posting the photos for us "doubters".

John M
01-03-07, 10:54 AM
so this is the pachage offered from GM. GM tells me so far I was the only one which order it.. lol sorry to hard to handle. The offical name of these parts are "(VD9) front and rear Sport fascias" Sorry I thought it was called handling it is Merchandised Pkg.

I see in a post by "nassaublvd" you thought I was just going off on Cadillac, well you would not have seen the tape on delivery. Sorry but this could be my last dealing with GM after their attention to details is so poor.

John

MERCHANDISED PKG
SRX 18" Tire/Wheel Sport, includes (Y42) Driver's Package, (B70) door sill plate cover, (TL4) Sport grille, (NDB) dual chrome exhaust tips, (VD9) front and rear Sport fascias, (V55) chrome luggage rack, (Q16) front P235/60R18 and rear P255/55R18 Michelin V-rated all-season blackwall tires, (QF8) 18" x 8" (45.7 cm x 20.3 cm) ultra-bright machined-finish cast aluminum wheels, (G80) limited slip differential, (TT6) Xenon, High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps and (CE4) headlamp washer system (R1X) $850.00

robhersch
01-03-07, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the photos. I have never seen or heard of your (VD9) facias except herein! I was also unable to find a (VD9) RPO code on my GM-Cad-SRX ordering guide sources. Could they be "dealer installed codes (ala trailer hitch) and not GM OEM codes"?? Are they covered under the bumper to bumper 48 mo 50,000 mi warranty ??
The parts appear to probably be "taped on parts" and/or "dealer installed". Home Depot sells a MMM 2 sided tape that sort-of works for small add-ons, but I would guess that even this stuff would be challenged to retain something as complex as your facias. The parts look like they could be simply removed and discarded without affecting the integrity of the vehicle; why not negotiate with the dealer and get a refund for their cost??
I would believe that: 1) not very many were sold; 2) they were dealer installed, not OEM factory; 3) GM should not be accountable for such add-ons; 4) your issue should be with your 'dealer' sales staff and not with GM except for their allowing a dealer to install such items. Good luck!

John M
01-03-07, 03:00 PM
Hello robhersch the (VD9) MERCHANDISED PKG you can find right off the GM/cadillac web site. If you build one as they offer it is an option to choose from? The text I pasted above is right off Cadillac's site. Yes they are covered under the warranty. Even service told me this is a factory offer. I'm sure GM would not have sent they team out to do a replacement if it was a dealer option. The parts can be taken off but you will be left with 4 hole which have a rubber and srcew throught the bumper. This is why I'm now making them just change the bumpers and refunding me for the kit. You are correct that my issue is with the dealer, however when the dealer tells you they can not help to get GM to take care of it you are left with no other option to deal with GM or the lemon law.

Would that not be a great thread "Go to Home Depot" To solve GM's poor design. Sorry could not pass on that one.

John

dietermod
01-05-07, 08:51 PM
:confused: Maybe this (fifth item down) is what he's talking about??? This is from Cadillac's official web site, but its kind of convoluted to get to this section. Never seen one actually on, and quite frankly, it doesn't look that different.

http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/model/accessory.jsp?model=srx&year=2007

John M
01-05-07, 10:10 PM
If you go to the 8th photo you see the rear one on with the metal plate that fell off some time ago.

Here is the page from their site it is the package for $850. Below it is in bold
John

V8 Standard Starting at $44,060*
4.6L 320 hp Northstar V8 VVT
4-wheel anti-lock disc brakes, speed-sensitive power rack and pinion steering, 18-in aluminum wheels
Cargo management system, Sapele Pommele wood grain accents and more
Further personalize your SRX Crossover by choosing from the options below or continue to view your summary.
Collections SRX V8 PREMIUM LUXURY COLLECTION
V8 Premium Luxury Collection, includes (CF5) Sunroof, (C57) rear air conditioning, (JF4) power-adjustable pedals and (U2V) audio system, AM/FM stereo, with single disc CD, MP3 and DVD player and DVD-based navigation (PDL) $4,050.00Packages DRIVERS PACKAGE
Driver's Package, includes (G80) limited slip differential (included only on RWD), (Q16) P235/60R18 front and P255/55R18 rear Michelin, V-rated, all-season tires, (QF8) 18" x 8" (45.7 cm x 20.3 cm) ultra-bright machined-finish, cast aluminum wheels, (TT6) Xenon, High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps and (CE4) headlamp washer system (Y42) $0.00 LUXURY PACKAGE
Luxury Package, includes (D7E) rear cargo area storage system, (UG1) Universal Home Remote, (B19) Wood Trim Package, (U2S) AM/FM stereo with 6-disc in-dash CD changer, (UJ6) Tire Pressure Monitor and (K14) auto-recirculating air filter (Y40) $0.00 MERCHANDISED PKG
SRX 18" Tire/Wheel Sport, includes (Y42) Driver's Package, (B70) door sill plate cover, (TL4) Sport grille, (NDB) dual chrome exhaust tips, (VD9) front and rear Sport fascias, (V55) chrome luggage rack, (Q16) front P235/60R18 and rear P255/55R18 Michelin V-rated all-season blackwall tires, (QF8) 18" x 8" (45.7 cm x 20.3 cm) ultra-bright machined-finish cast aluminum wheels, (G80) limited slip differential, (TT6) Xenon, High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps and (CE4) headlamp washer system (R1X) $850.00 MERCHANDISED PKG
SRX 20" Tire/Wheel Sport, includes (Y42) Driver's Package, (B70) door sill plate cover, (TL4) Sport grille, (NDB) dual chrome exhaust tips, (VD9) front and rear Sport fascias, (V55) chrome luggage rack, (QW3) 20" (50.8 cm) polished aluminum wheels, (QUB) P255/50R20 Goodyear Eagle RS-A V-rated all-season, blackwall tires, (G80) limited slip differential, (TT6) Xenon, High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps and (CE4) headlamp washer system (R1T) $1,695.00 PREMIUM PAINT PRICING CODE
Premium paint (R6P) $0.00 PREMIUM SEATING PACKAGE
Premium Seating Package, includes (KA1) heated driver and front passenger seats, (AL2) driver and front passenger power lumbar control, (AH8) 8-way power front passenger seat adjuster, (A45) Memory Package and (DR2) outside heated power-adjustable and driver-side auto-dimming mirrors (Y44) $0.00 UTILITY PACKAGE
Utility Package, includes (AM0) third row power seats, (V92) Trailering Package, (C57) rear air conditioning, (V08) heavy-duty cooling system and (V12) power steering fluid cooler (Y45) $1,500.00Mechanical CA/MA/NY EMISSIONS OVERRIDE
Emissions override, California, Massachusetts or New York (for vehicles ordered by dealers in states of California, Massachusetts or New York with Federal emissions) (NB8) $0.00 ENGINE
Engine, , Northstar 4.6L Variable Valve Timing V8 SFI, (320 hp [238.6 kW] @ 6400 rpm, 315 lb-ft of torque [425.3 N-m] @ 4400 rpm) (LH2) $0.00 HEATER ENG
Engine block heater (K05) $100.00 MERCHANDISED TRANS
Transmission, , 5-speed automatic for AWD, electronically-controlled PTU overdrive, Hydra-Matic, 5L40-E (MX7) $1,900.00 MERCHANDISED TRANS
Transmission, , 6-speed automatic for RWD, electronically-controlled with overdrive, Hydra-Matic, 6L50-E (MX0) $0.00 SUSPENSION SYSTEM
Suspension, , Magnetic Ride Control (FE3) $1,650.00Interior DIGITAL AUDIO SYSTEM
Delete xm satellite radio (U2J) $-199.00 INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM
Audio system with navigation, , AM/FM stereo with single disc CD, MP3 and DVD player and DVD-based navigation, includes Radio Data System (RDS), digital signal processing and (UQS) Bose 5.1 Cabin Surround Sound System (U2V) $2,345.00 PEDALS, ADJUSTABLE, POWER
Pedals, , power-adjustable with memory, for accelerator and brake (JF4) $150.00 REAR AIR CONDITIONING
Rear air conditioning (C57) $375.00Exterior ROOF
Sunroof, , UltraView, power glass roof that opens over first and second rows, tilt-sliding with Express-Open and power sunshade (CF5) $1,800.00 SPLASH GUARDS
Regular production accessory, , Splash guards, (SPO-supplied, dealer-installed) (VH4) $95.00

Previous

2007 SRX Crossover V8 Standard $44,060.00 Ext: Black Raven
Int: Ebony W/ Ebony Accents Leather Seating Surfaces $0.00 $44,060.00 *MSRP. Tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment extra.
$44,060.00
* MSRP. Tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment extra.

TSS
01-07-07, 10:28 AM
Website suggests it is an "accessory" - meaning NOT installed at the factory.

In any event, how is it coming along - I truly do feel for you. Your situation would really irritate me.

Smokin' SRX
01-07-07, 02:54 PM
Well here is where it gets good, for two months I've been between the Dealer and Service. So I went to Cadillac HQ they are now trying to help. From what the service tells me the parts just do not fit the truck! This is why I was wondering if anyone else got the body kit? They also tell me so far I'm the only one with this kit... I find this hard to believe. They have changed out the parts five times now, even had their acessory team fly in from GM to try and have these parts stick, I just don't thing tape is going to do it.

The sad thing is I now left with handling it through the "Lemon Law" The dealer is just turning their back.

John

Not to insult your taste in accessories....but lose that body kit! I've seen them on-line and they are tape-on units (all the emblems, rear 3rd brake light,and trim use tape on most cars these days!) because drilling holes into the fascia body is irreversible. That kit will never stay on in snow/curbs!
As for the price....welcome to Atlantic dealership!!! Biggest prostitutes in New York State!! Get your money back for that kit!! They will give it if you get loud (but courteous!) with the managers. A guy named "Stoluppe" owns it (stoe-loop-pee). Ask for him! They won't let it happen! I got $2K back on accessories never wanted on a Hyundai deal my brother-in-law bought there , w/ more gimmicks than pedaphile! Took 2 months!!

As for roof not closing, we have a machine with only slightly less gadgets than the Space Shuttle! They must be properly prepped and checked before delivery. Good luck at Atlantic!

Go to another dealer, get adjustments made, and love the car!!:thumbsup:

John M
01-10-07, 07:58 AM
Well Good News, Thank you BBB. Since now they stepped in, the Truck is going back on the 17th to have the OEM bumper replaced on the truck and they will credit me for the kit.

Smokin no insult taken, they came in the package which I wanted did not pick them on their own.

We will see, I will update you after the 17th.

John

Smokin' SRX
01-10-07, 10:15 AM
Well Good News, Thank you BBB. Since now they stepped in, the Truck is going back on the 17th to have the OEM bumper replaced on the truck and they will credit me for the kit.

Smokin no insult taken, they came in the package which I wanted did not pick them on their own.

We will see, I will update you after the 17th.

John

Good work John! You'll love the truck! And never be one of the many confused people in a parking lot, wondering if that's your vanilla Honda/Highlander/Pilot/Murano or a minivan!:cool:
Be prepared to get "looks"!;)

GMJim
01-10-07, 11:44 AM
John, VD9 is only available for 2007. Not on a 2006. You have the tape on brush guard pkg. I think you will be alot happier with stock fascia's. I hope
so, you don't deserve what you have been through. Hope things get better.
Jim

John M
01-19-07, 07:55 PM
OK well here is the update I just can not make this stuff up. After two at sevice they call me and told me due to the cold they feel the glue would not dry correct, I said what glue, they told me the new kit was a glue on. Well I about fell out of my chair! I told them all they were to do is replace the bumpers and get rid of the kit. So now I have my truck back without the kit on and waiting for new bumpers to come in. If they sold stupidity they would be millionaires!!

John

caddycruiser
01-19-07, 08:37 PM
That's how a lot of body kits are, the comment about the cold at least makes some sense.

For all the aggravation, and the fact that it is an after the fact add-on, I'd just want it gone and be on my happy way with stock bumpers, sills, etc.

John M
02-10-07, 12:20 PM
Well I had hoped to come tell you guys I finally got my SRX fixed. Well these F^**ing con artist did it again! Went to pick-up the truck today after waiting over a month to get the "New bumper" in they call me three days ago to tell me they are in and I should bring it to them for installation. Here we go hold on for this one, after saying it should take a few hours to install them they call me that afternoon to say, the body shop picked it up late so it would be tomorrow. Tomorrow comes and then they tell me they installed the new bumpers and the black is off color so they would like to paint them so they match. Third day I'm told they painted them late and need another day to dry in this cold. Well I found out the body shops name and called them they said they just painted them an hour ago and I should wait a day for them to dry. Ok it is up to today, I go to service to finally end this 6 month ordeal and all they did is try and fill the holes in the old bumper were the kit was held on. The paint which the shop did now looks worse then it did before!!!!

I drove the truck to the show room and lost it!! Told them to order the bumper and I will pick them up and take the truck to another dealer/service center. If any of these people had a half of brain it would be a good day.

The best is the loaner car they gave me. It is a dirty @ss gm blazer that looks like it came from the junk yard. That in it's self should show people how they care about you.

Stay the hell away from Atlantic Cadillac!! Do your home work and check the BBB.

Any lawyers on here? I was thinking, is this not intent to deceive or fraud.

John

John M
02-25-07, 11:42 AM
Finally done 6 months later. Back to OEM stock look.

John

Northern SRX
02-25-07, 12:05 PM
John, this has been a horrid tale - here's hoping people heed your warning about the dealership.

Oh yeah, and welcome back to the stock look!

airbalancer
03-01-07, 08:42 AM
SO how is the SRX, would you get another one
What your likes and dislike?

John M
10-23-07, 09:15 PM
Hello All after one year of owning this SRX I have to say I would never own another Cadillac sorry to say. Even though I have switched to another Delear and service center which is 100% better then the last one. I have to say my SRX is just a lemon, plastic piece of junk. If not for blown tranny seals, now problems with the brakes. The best is now I have lost both head light washers, meaning they have come off while washing the windesheild. Dealer wants $175. each and will not replace them.

Sorry for more bad news.

John

irishpride
10-24-07, 12:46 AM
it's offical my caddy is not a pos anymore thanks to this post... sorry man you have had a bad time.. but here is the correct sport front sorry for bad pic but it was a quick shot..

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m115/astevensjr_2006/sportfront.jpg

John M
10-24-07, 06:25 PM
Yea I remember when mine looked like that... Good luck with it glad it worked out for you. How is the rear holding on this one gave me the most trouble.. Since I was the first to have this kit, you must be the second :)

John

irishpride
10-24-07, 08:51 PM
mine are bumpers, grill, and sport tunned exhaust, i dont have the same kit as the earlier pics you posted...

irishpride
10-24-07, 08:55 PM
my front and rear are bumper covers, not stick on stuff. with a different grill and a sport tunned exhaust. and when some idiot hit the front in a parking lot i took it to a body shop owner friend of mine and he had the front replaced and used the part number off the front bumpercover ordered it through cadilliac, at a different dealer than i purchased....

John M
02-06-08, 10:55 PM
Well more good stuff to offer. My wife was driving the other day and on ice hit the back of a pickup truck no more then 5-10 miles an hour. close to $10k in damage. She is ok, however, I would hate to hit something at a higher speed. Over a month in the shop still waiting for parts which are back ordered for weeks. 1 year 6 months and 12 days to go and I'm done with it :) Now I understand it will go right back to the dealer to get the rearend seal done. Also we needed the jack and found the water in there :(

TSS
02-07-08, 10:06 AM
Well more good stuff to offer. My wife was driving the other day and on ice hit the back of a pickup truck no more then 5-10 miles an hour. close to $10k in damage. She is ok, however, I would hate to hit something at a higher speed. Over a month in the shop still waiting for parts which are back ordered for weeks. 1 year 6 months and 12 days to go and I'm done with it :) Now I understand it will go right back to the dealer to get the rearend seal done. Also we needed the jack and found the water in there :(

Stop blaming the car. It is designed to prevent injury to occupants, not to keep repair bills cheap. And, it worked! Fortunately your wife is fine. Count your blessings. The dealer stick on parts were the dealer's fault, not the cars. You have had some bad luck with your dealer, and now with your wife's driving. While I feel sorry for you re: all that, doing a count down of your lease return implies the SRX is at fault. In this case, it is not (except for the jack H20).

GMJim
02-07-08, 11:59 AM
What Todd said

John M
02-15-08, 01:18 PM
Sorry TSS Have to disagree as does Cusomer Reports, At 5-10 miles an hour you do not need this much crumble zone, I do agree at higher speed this should happen. Behind all this is a cheap way to produce the car.

High end other cars have past these tests with much less damage and the test dummy has seen little effect.

John

john d
02-15-08, 03:54 PM
At 5-10 miles an hour you do not need this much crumble zone, I do agree at higher speed this should happen. Behind all this is a cheap way to produce the car.
High end other cars have past these tests with much less damage and the test dummy has seen little effect.
John
Don't lean to hard against the rear quarter on the driver's side ..... it pops in and out like the side of a soda can ... lean harder and it stays concave.
Seems like too much side crumple for protection of 3rd row occupants.
Are there any "guard rail" reinforcements like doors used to have?

PhoenixSRX
04-07-08, 12:50 AM
Not sure but this website sure has alot of accessories with the accessories he is describing....

http://www.gmaccessorydealer.com/listing.asp?make=Cadillac&year=2005&model=SRX