: Anyone have a Dairy Queen near by

codewize
11-02-06, 07:05 PM
I was there today for lunch. I always liked DQ food but there's not many around anymore. While I was there I saw they had a pumpkin pie blizzard. I'm not a big ice cream fan but this thing is awesome.

They actually blend pumpkin pie with vanilla soft serve. Topped with whipped cream and nutmeg. Mmmmm. Just thought I'd share...

CadillacGurl
11-02-06, 07:07 PM
Oooo sounds nummy I want one now
I'll have to find one near my dorm

Rey Rey 650
11-02-06, 07:10 PM
Yea....
The dairy queen, weinershnitzle, long jon silvers, and sonics are usually located in the boonies..

We have a new mall that just opened up in the Bay Area that does have a dairy queen....Sounds good, Im going to have to try that someday.

c5 rv
11-02-06, 07:48 PM
My wife likes it when we go for a ride in the vette to DQ. Heck, she doesn't care how we get there.

CIWS
11-02-06, 07:49 PM
I passed about 3 of them driving back from Hico, Texas this evening :) (note passed, I was hauling azzzzz back home to try and catch the 6:00pm news)

gary88
11-02-06, 07:50 PM
I usually just get a strawberry sundae with whipped cream and nuts when I go to DQ, can't beat the classics.

Jesda
11-02-06, 07:56 PM
Damn it, I was hoping for a coupon.

90Brougham350
11-02-06, 07:59 PM
A pumpkin blizzard? I'm there! I usually get the raspberry cheesecake blizzard and I ask them to put some chocolate in there, but a pumpkin blizzard sounds wonderful!

codewize
11-02-06, 08:08 PM
Jesda you're a riot

Pumpkin PIE Blizzard made with real pumpkin pie.

xxpinballxx
11-02-06, 08:21 PM
i gotta dairy queen real close and one right by the driving range I go to. The really do have good food!
But sonic.....I could eat their BLT's all day.

CIWS
11-02-06, 08:23 PM
But sonic.....I could eat their BLT's all day.

They have a good chocolate malt too :)

davesdeville
11-02-06, 08:45 PM
If any of you ever visit Las Cruces, NM, do not eat at the DQ there.

They claim that a sheet of something clear, slightly squishy, with a slimy texture, and devoid of taste - is cheese. No it's not cheese.

DILLIGAF
11-02-06, 09:16 PM
If any of you ever visit Las Cruces, NM, do not eat at the DQ there.

They claim that a sheet of something clear, slightly squishy, with a slimy texture, and devoid of taste - is cheese. No it's not cheese.
Hijack on-Frontier tortilla shells,the absolute shit.Sadies:thumbsup:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-02-06, 11:14 PM
I used to go to DQ every day for lunch. I'd get the chicken strip basket! Looove it! Damn, I should go there again sometime, there are so many near me!

dp102288
11-03-06, 09:36 AM
Sounds good. I will have to try.

Never had DQ's food though...

BCs71
11-03-06, 05:39 PM
Most DQs around CHicagoland close down during the winter. These are pretty much just the small ones that are stands where you walk up to an outdoor window and place your order (no waiting room or eating area inside).
Some of the larger ones with inddor seating stay open year round -- which is ok since they have the full food menu also. The small ones that close usually only have hotdogs, anyway.