: Beer, Wine, or Hard Alcohol?

90Brougham350
11-02-06, 11:16 AM
So, the night started out with a big fire and a hot toddy in my comfy chair... (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-forums-lounge/88961-so-night-started-out-big-fire.html)

Instead of jacking Spyder's thread, I thought I would start a poll. Tell us why, not just why other people's choices suck.

I'm a hard booze guy. I do drink Bud, but usually it's a double whiskey-Manhattan whenever I go out or sitting around. My favorite whiskeys are Tullamore Dew and Windsor. I also enjoy a good Gin and tonic in the summer, has to be Tanqueray though. What do you guys like?

malcolm
11-02-06, 11:22 AM
:alchi: Johnnie Walker Black

dp102288
11-02-06, 11:29 AM
Hard. Beer has one taste, but hard liquor can be mixed. You can make lots of stuff if you have 3 juices and sodas, plus some hard liquor. Beer is just beer.

Plus beer doesn't go well mixed with coke or oj.

Rey Rey 650
11-02-06, 11:34 AM
BEER.....Calms me down...Different trip

Hard alcohol makes me go crazy...Its like a different buzz

slk230mb
11-02-06, 12:05 PM
Hard Liquor, I don't like the taste of beer.

RobertCTS
11-02-06, 12:13 PM
I like wine. It's a much more involved alcoholic beverage that involves science and history. The selection of various grapes is enormous. The enviroment where the grapes are grown influence the taste as does the different winery techniques. Actually red wine is promoted as good for you health and heart. You can be a bit snobish as you swirl you wine in the glass hold it up to the light and look at it color and then smell its fragrance. You let it set in your palate as you breathe in and savor the flavor. If you're at a wine tasting you can spit it out on the ground or into a bucket in order to taste the numerous varieties of wine. Lord knows you wouldn't want to be seen drunk in this elite culture. You can have special little jeweled ringlets for your wine glasses. Each is different. This is so no one steals your glass.

You quickly learn about the various cork screws and bottle openers. Did you know that a half bottle of wine will oxidize over night unless you have a wine pump to pump the air out. The only other alternative is to drink the whole bottle, which is what I recommend. Serving temperature is important. Easy to remember..same temperture as the earth 55 degrees. Displaying your wine is cool with a large wine rack. I have one but have never been able to keep it stocked as I drink it faster than I stock it.

Then you learn the different wine types. Yes, Champagne is a wine as is distilled wines like Brandy. Virtually any plant can be made into a wine from dandelions to watermelons. Liquors are really distilled wines. Vodka is considered a liquor but its made from rice or potatoes. The Japanese really have a wine/liquor cuture if your interested. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baijiu

Whisky gives me hangovers/nausea and beer keeps at the urinal to much. FYI my beer of choice is Budweiser Ice Light..a sissy drink among serious beer drinkers. Beer drinker can buy those Pepsi/Coke insulator in efforts to hide their drink where I prefer the brown paper bag.

RobertCTS
11-02-06, 12:22 PM
Brian,
It woulda been maybe better if you said whiskey or mixed drinks. Some like to impress others by saying they drink JD or JB but they tame it way down with tutty fruity sweet juices or pop. A strait shot on the rocks can raise the hair on most necks. Some dilute the wiskey with water or carbonated water but how many can do the shooters with a shot glass in one or two swallows?

Spyder
11-02-06, 12:59 PM
Ohhhhhh crap...I'm going to have to get back to this one...

BEER is amazing in its variety, history and science... ... ...not nearly enough time here to explain because I have to go play in the first rain of the year...but crap almighty, microbrews are one of the greatest things on this earth and the variety in flavor, style and everything else is even more so than wine... I'll be back on here in the next day or so...

CadillacGurl
11-02-06, 01:33 PM
I'm not a big fan of beer, I had Bud Light once and it just tasted nasty. Wine is ok but I'm more of a hard liquor kind of girl...

Stoneage_Caddy
11-02-06, 01:37 PM
umm , it will only let me choose one ....whats up with that ?

RobertCTS
11-02-06, 02:03 PM
I forgot to mention. I have a winery in my basement and I often make my own wine. Its not a hobby for the impatient as it takes at least a year for the wine to ferment and clear. It's a relatively cheap hobby to get into. You can print your own labels on the computer and give bottles as gifts to family and friends. I think the most expensive item was the cork installer. Lots of fun for someone looking for a neat hobby.

nickc50310
11-02-06, 02:06 PM

Thats what Im sayin! Ill drink pretty much anything but I prefer hard liquor. You wont catch me drinking JB on the rocks or any shit like that but I will shoot about anything besides everclear. One of my favorite shots ever was some homemade shit from upstate New York called Schlivevitz (spelling). Its German and usually comes in at about 120 to 140 proof. Very tasty shot!

My usual drink is Capn n Diet. When I have Capn Ill usually have some shots of it too! I like beer alot also. My favorite is Bud Ice. Microbrews are great also. Sam Adams also cant be beat. Ok.. Ill stop now.

Wine is good on a few occasions but I usually stick to beer and liquor. gettin drunk on wine makes me not feel the greatest!

RobertCTS
11-02-06, 02:09 PM
Anyone had the opportunity to try some bootleg corn liquor? Yep, them rednecks are still at it in those backwood stills.

Spyder
11-02-06, 02:28 PM
You mean like this?!

Corn bread and Gasoline, is what its known as to all my friends...I gargle the stuff, but none of my friends will even touch it after they smell it...

I'm actually very knowledgable about alcohol in general for being twenty three...oh, crap...twenty four now...years old. I've got a taste for the finer things in life, as well as for the different things. And I like pain. Hence the hooch. :)

RobertCTS
11-02-06, 02:40 PM
You mean like this?!

Corn bread and Gasoline, is what its known as to all my friends...I gargle the stuff, but none of my friends will even touch it after they smell it...

I'm actually very knowledgable about alcohol in general for being twenty three...oh, crap...twenty four now...years old. I've got a taste for the finer things in life, as well as for the different things. And I like pain. Hence the hooch. :)

Geez..guns and alcohol on the same table!:eek: Do you know HitMoney?:rolleyes:

Spyder
11-02-06, 02:48 PM
Whoever mentioned Tullamore Dew...I like you. That's one of my fav's for a hot toddy, and no one around here sells it...whenever I go to Reno or Redding I always have to make a sidetrip to pick up a bottle...

Beer. There's soooo many different types that one cannot say they just flat out don't like it, especially if you've only drank bud light, coors light or the god awful bud ice. :)

There's pilsners, stouts, porters, barleywines, many many many different types of ales, pale ales, IPA's, , lagers, browns, steam beers, ambers, top fermented and bottom fermented varieties, weissbiers, etc etc etc etc etc. Hefeweizens are soooo much different in flavor, texture and character than any of the others, many people that hate beer fall in love with a good Hefe without even realizing its a beer.

Beer snobs are almost as crazy as wine snobs...with the whole holding it up to the light, sniffing, tasting and spitting and knowing the specific gravity and alc. by volume and so on and so forth...Didja know that the SHAPE of a glass that beer is served in can actually change the flavor of it in a huge way? Kinda like serving fine cognacs in a snifter to concentrate the nose...

Much like the location and environment and style of grapes used in wine can drastically change the flavor of it, with beer, the location, weather and soil and numerous other factors can affect the taste and quality of a good beer. Different procedures of curing or roasting or preparing the hops and barley have amazing differences in flavor...

Ya can't just call beer beer, that would be like comparing a Pinot Noir to a Pinot Grigio to a Sangiovese to a Port wine.

Beer is good. I'm not saying its better than anything else, because I drink them all and enjoy them all...but if I had to stick with one forever, it would have to be hops fermented adult beverages, not distilled liquors or wines.

Spyder
11-02-06, 02:49 PM
haha...that's my computer desk on any given day of the week...I actually had to grab the 'shine off of the bookshelf that's behind me...but it was still within arms reach...just out of view in that picture is my wine rack and the mini bar, along with the gunsafe in the closet and the stacks and stacks and stacks of books littered around my room. :)

90Brougham350
11-02-06, 03:52 PM
Well dammit, all this talk has put me in the mood for a few spirits! That was me, Spyder, who mentioned Tullamore Dew. In face, I think I'll have some now!:thumbsup:

http://90brougham350.smugmug.com/photos/107463755-M.jpg

ChicagoCTS32
11-02-06, 04:08 PM
I enjoy all, but if I had to choose 1, I'd pick the hard stuff. I've been on a margarita kick lately for some reason. The prides of my collection are my two bottles of Jack Gold Medal. 1904 commerative bottle, and 1959 commerative bottle. The 1904 is out of production, and looks like an old jug. It comes in a nifty little wooden case with windows. That was my "congrats on your first job out of college" present to myself.

I too enjoy going to microbreweries. I have 3 within a 15 minute drive from my apt that I can think of off the top of my head. Back at home in the QC we had one that was fantastic. I used to have a small collection of "growlers" to take some home with me. They have a wild jalapeno beer that is great to eat with chips or something starchy.

I actually brewed a batch of my own beer about a year and a half ago. Man that stuff was good. Another fairly cheap hobby, like winemaking, but it takes only a few weeks for a batch to get ready.

All this booze talk has me thirsty. Too bad I'm at work. Gold Medal, neat, tonight I think.

Spyder
11-02-06, 04:09 PM
Ha, a thing of beauty...although I prefer mine with a mint sprig, squeeze of lime and a dab of honey. :)

Florian
11-02-06, 04:37 PM

Yeah, apparantly you havent seen my food pyramid...

F

xxpinballxx
11-02-06, 04:37 PM
I went to answer yes but there is no yes option.

codewize
11-02-06, 07:10 PM
Hard, I despise the taste of beer. I actually makes me sick. Wine is great for dinner.

My drink, depending on where I am is usually something rum related and fruity or if I'm in a place where the bartender says 'whats in that' I just get a rum and coke.

CadillacSTS42005
11-02-06, 07:13 PM
V
O
D
K
A
:alchi:
nuff said...

AlBundy
11-02-06, 07:56 PM
Cognac is the drink of choice along with a Lowenbra. Cognac is the closes thing to wine for me. I plan on exploring the wine thing just not now. BTW MGD is overrated. It sucks.

CIWS
11-02-06, 07:59 PM
V
O
D
K
A
nuff said...

tried this yet ?

http://www.skorppio-vodka.com/index1.php4

90Brougham350
11-02-06, 08:01 PM
A scorpion in a bottle of Vodka? I didn't know engine degreaser came with a poisonous arachnid!

CIWS
11-02-06, 08:05 PM
A scorpion in a bottle of Vodka? I didn't know engine degreaser came with a poisonous arachnid!

It's really some damn good (smooth) Vodka. Plus you can get liquid brave and eat the Scorpion. :D

xxpinballxx
11-02-06, 08:26 PM
I despise alcohol....as a matter of fact just got done ridding the world of about 10 drafts all by myself. I had my wife help in my mission by ridding the world of a crap load of crown royal. You know the old saying....One drink deserves another....or something like that...makes since now that i'm drunk tomorrow it'll be something totally different im sure!

gary88
11-02-06, 08:43 PM
Beer - My drink of choice. As long as it's cold, its good by me :thumbsup:
Wine - Only really have it at family parties/formal dinners, things like that
Hard Liquor - Only when there's no beer

Rolex
11-02-06, 08:45 PM
It all depends on my mood really. I love beer for its complexity and wide variety of flavors and textures. I suppose the same thing can be said of wine, which I also enjoy. Only as a general rule wine is MUCH more expensive than beer. When it comes to hard liquor I'm mostly a bourbon guy. I prefer Jack Daniels, then Jim Beam....in that order.

ETA: I use whiskey when my intentions are to get a good buzz and not suffer from a hangover the next day. I like Manhattans light on vermouth. It's a fancy way to drink whiskey. :D

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-02-06, 08:51 PM
I drink to get drunk, I don't like to waste any time. So I voted Hard Liquor, but anything other than Gin or Everclear does the job for me! :)

fast66
11-02-06, 10:21 PM
Nothing beats a cold glass of stella artois

GailyBedight
11-02-06, 10:40 PM
Beer - Tsing Tsao or Modelo Negra
Wine - Red - Pio Cesare Barbaresco
- White - Pouilly Fuise
Whiskey - Usquaebach Original Single Malt Scotch (loosely translated as the water of life).

If the above is not available - anything with an alcohol content above 3 percent.

SpeedyArizona
11-02-06, 10:57 PM
I'm not a beer type of person, I'd rather have a bottle of Mt. Dew in my hand:thumbsup:. Same goes with hard liquor, I don't drink to get drunk. WHy blow $20 on a couple of shots that you won't remember the day after.

I LOVE WINE:D. The complexity, the flavour, the aroma is amazing. I'm a red wine type of person although I will drink an occasional white zin. Wine is somewhat of a hobby but I'm not as into it as Robert. There's a wine cooler in the kitchen and it's usually pretty full. To me a good red wine, a Cuban cigar, and an Arizona sunset overlooking the mountians is the closest to Heaven as I will get in this life.

I've been lookin for a few good bottles of wine to try, have any suggestion Rob?

JRau
11-02-06, 11:00 PM
I love Canadian beer--Moosehead, Molson Golden Ale, and Labatt's. I don't know what you Canadians do to make your beer taste so great, but it is very good.

I also enjoy dry white wines. Mixed drinks I enjoy include Southern Comfort Sours and Bloody Mary's. There's another one that I can't remember the name of. LOL! I don't drink all that often. I haven't ever been drunk because I didn't ever want to have to give up drinking alcohol due to health problems or addiction issues and all the problems that causes. I enjoy drinking alcoholic beverages immensely, I just know that it can get you into a world of hurt, and I decided it wasn't worth flirting with it that way. Just a personal choice thang........

JRau in central Iowa

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-02-06, 11:20 PM
Nothing beats a cold glass of stella artois

lol that was the first beer I ever had. I was 16 and in England for the summer, my uncle got it for me at a seaside cafe. I didn't like it at the time but I'm sure my tastes have changed. Like they say in those "St Paul Girl" ads, you never forget your first..

Rolex
11-02-06, 11:30 PM
I'm not a beer type of person, I'd rather have a bottle of Mt. Dew in my hand:thumbsup:. Same goes with hard liquor, I don't drink to get drunk. WHy blow $20 on a couple of shots that you won't remember the day after.

I LOVE WINE:D. The complexity, the flavour, the aroma is amazing. I'm a red wine type of person although I will drink an occasional white zin. Wine is somewhat of a hobby but I'm not as into it as Robert. There's a wine cooler in the kitchen and it's usually pretty full. To me a good red wine, a Cuban cigar, and an Arizona sunset overlooking the mountians is the closest to Heaven as I will get in this life.

I've been lookin for a few good bottles of wine to try, have any suggestion Rob?

I'm not Rob but I'll recomend you try Cakebread Cellars reserve chardonnay for a great white. They make a damn fine Merlot too....albeit a little pricey.

SpeedyArizona
11-02-06, 11:33 PM
I enjoy include Southern Comfort Sours and Bloody Mary's.

I LOVE Bloody Mary's, it's like an all-inclusive breakfast (pickle, olives, tomato juice, tabasco sauce):D.

SpeedyArizona
11-02-06, 11:36 PM
I'm not Rob but I'll recomend you try Cakebread Cellars reserve chardonnay for a great white. They make a damn fine Merlot too....albeit a little pricey.

Thanks, I'll check it out:thumbsup:. Again I don't drink white wine much so I may pass on that but I'll definetly check out the Merlot. I prefer a full-bodied wine with a couple years of age on it.

B Hoth
11-02-06, 11:44 PM
It's good to see so many of you enjoying the many libations you've listed. I've been selling the good stuff for 24 years. Tullamore Dew was just purchased by Sky Vodka and is the # 3 selling whiskey behind Busmill and Janeson. Great Stuff. The Scorpio vodka actually has 2 types of scorpions you can send for. The freeze dried ones taste like jerky, the other choice are the juicy ones.......not for the timid I assure you (they explode juice in you're mouth - yummy :eek: )

Whats hot on the wine front are California and Oregon Pinot Noirs, prices going up and product availability is tight. New Zealand Sauvignon Blancs are great on a hot day and the fastest growing white catagory. Try Whithaven and Kim Crawford. Want a wine that drinks like a Beer (as in chugable or quaffable to you swirlers) try Schmidt Sohne "Relax" Riesling or "Relax" Red.

Get Ready for Trump Vodka - it kicks off next week, $50 retail + :eek: I guess it'll be Apprentice Martini's for everyone!!!

I hope all of you will enjoy in moderation (drink till ya drop :stirpot: ) and please don't drink and drive!!

eldorado99
11-03-06, 12:58 AM
Cognac is the drink of choice along with a Lowenbra. Cognac is the closes thing to wine for me. I plan on exploring the wine thing just not now. BTW MGD is overrated. It sucks.

Definately, MGD is overrated, it is low low down on my list. It may be mainstream but Stella Artois is one of my favourites as far as beer goes.

For wines, A nice Pinot Noir is good. But I have gotten so used to my dad's home made wine my wine palette is pretty unsophisticated.

My favourite hard liquor by far is either Belvedere or Grey Goose. When I'm in the mood for something non-Vodka I like Glen Livet, neat or on the rocks. It's all pretty common I know but I guess it doesn't take much to satisfy me.

tstach
11-03-06, 09:24 AM
I have brewed my own beer for 6 years, so beer is my top choice. I do like wine and liquor in that order. Italian wines mainly. Nothing like a good bottle (or 2) of Brunello di Montalcino.

xxpinballxx
11-03-06, 09:38 AM
tstach what kind of beer do you brew? light dark lager or what?
I have tried just about all types and can't seem to get one that would make it worth my time to brew myself.

dp102288
11-03-06, 09:50 AM
Maybe I'm not fancy, but I like my Smirnoff and Bacardi. Not too expensive and works well for most things.

xxpinballxx
11-03-06, 09:53 AM
nothing wrong with smirnoff.....tastes good every once in a while but I cant drink too many. Just like mikes lemonade too sweet or something.

TagApl4
11-03-06, 11:47 AM
Beer... I dont like to be drunk every time I drink. Which is what alcohol will do to me cus i wont stop till its too late. So i can pace better with beer. And whine I'm like Robert I have to drink the whole bottle (thats all i took from his post) Beers from around the world make me wanna :jerkit: I love a good wheat beer. Call me soft but put a lil citrus fruit in a wheat beer and I;m good for the night, Think I just planned my night while replying to this thread.

xxpinballxx
11-03-06, 12:40 PM
I like bluemoon with a slice of orange in it....thats a pretty good tasting beer.

CIWS
11-03-06, 01:02 PM
The Scorpio vodka actually has 2 types of scorpions you can send for. The freeze dried ones taste like jerky, the other choice are the juicy ones.......not for the timid I assure you (they explode juice in you're mouth - yummy :eek: )

I butter fried mine with a little asian hot sauce :D

Spyder
11-03-06, 07:26 PM
It all depends on my mood really. I love beer for its complexity and wide variety of flavors and textures. I suppose the same thing can be said of wine, which I also enjoy. Only as a general rule wine is MUCH more expensive than beer. When it comes to hard liquor I'm mostly a bourbon guy. I prefer Jack Daniels, then Jim Beam....in that order.

ETA: I use whiskey when my intentions are to get a good buzz and not suffer from a hangover the next day. I like Manhattans light on vermouth. It's a fancy way to drink whiskey. :D

Rolex, rolex, rolex...Jack Daniels is NOT a bourbon. And hast thou tried any of the finer offerings from Beam? Knob Creek, Bakers, Basil Haydns and Bookers, in ascending order, are all magnificent...But Jack is most definately not a bourbon. It is a bourbon style sour mash whiskey, but not real bourbon... :D

AND, if you like the Manhatten, next time you go to a decent bar order a bourbon Old Fashioned with their top shelf bourbon...preferrably Basil Haydns...you'll be impressed. :)

Spyder
11-03-06, 07:27 PM
Also, something that not many people know, Southern Comfort is NOT WHISKEY. It's a flavored liquor, much like a schnapps or a Kahlua or an apple pucker. It's whiskey flavored, but NOT whiskey. :)

90Brougham350
11-03-06, 08:45 PM
Ah but therein lies the problem, I find bourbon to be too sweet! I'm a whiskey Manhattan man. I don't know about other people, some people prefer the sweet.

Murphyg
11-03-06, 08:56 PM
Molson Canadian, or better yet
Jamesons' Irish Whisky.
Get it in the Scotch section. Talk about smooooooth
Always liked the Ryes. But could never stomach the Scotches.

Jameson is definatly the cats ass !!

B Hoth
11-03-06, 10:25 PM
Ahhh Spyder you are correct. Jack Daniels is a Tennessee Whiskey. Bourbon by law must come from Kentucky, from brand new oak barrels, minimum 51% corn and aged at least 4 years. Jack is aged 3 to 4 years and uses charred maple barrels. The tough thing to figure if you visit there is, the distillery is in a dry county. They will offer you Lemonade as it is illegal to consume the product on the premise.

Southern Comfort has a bourbon base with a secret incredient of flavorings that they blend in to give it a distinct taste. The most popular is the 70 proof, but if you get a chance try the 100 proof. Right now So Co lime shots are hot,especially from the shot machines that dispense at 16 degrees. The 1 1/2 shot of So Co and 1/2 shot of lime juice ice cold will definitley make your troubles go away.

pabstcadillac
11-03-06, 11:22 PM
To be specific....

http://i10.ebayimg.com/03/i/08/0d/46/b5_1.JPG

RobertCTS
11-04-06, 07:50 AM
Ahhh Spyder you are correct. Jack Daniels is a Tennessee Whiskey. Bourbon by law must come from Kentucky, from brand new oak barrels, minimum 51% corn and aged at least 4 years. Jack is aged 3 to 4 years and uses charred maple barrels. The tough thing to figure if you visit there is, the distillery is in a dry county. They will offer you Lemonade as it is illegal to consume the product on the premise.

Southern Comfort has a bourbon base with a secret incredient of flavorings that they blend in to give it a distinct taste. The most popular is the 70 proof, but if you get a chance try the 100 proof. Right now So Co lime shots are hot,especially from the shot machines that dispense at 16 degrees. The 1 1/2 shot of So Co and 1/2 shot of lime juice ice cold will definitley make your troubles go away.

Ahh Hoth..you have found your element. A place for you to shine:thumbsup:

I had a school teacher whose name was Mr. Booze. He woulda made a good alcohol Salesman.:)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-04-06, 09:27 AM
Ah man, I loooove Kahlua! A good White Russian is awesome! I've always liked the taste of Baileys too, even if some people think it's a ***** drink..

90Brougham350
11-04-06, 09:37 AM
Haha, know why they give you two almonds in a White Russian? Cause anyone who drinks one has no nuts! LOL, just kidding, I don't mind a good WR every once in a while, makes me feel like I'm the dude.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-04-06, 09:41 AM
I don't mind a good WR every once in a while, makes me feel like I'm the dude.

LOL!! That movie is what turned my friends and I onto White Russians!
Now if you don't mind, I am going to go Logjammin'!

90Brougham350
11-04-06, 09:55 AM
Hahahaha, I don't get it.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-04-06, 10:03 AM
You don't remember the "Logjammin" scene in The Big Lebowski? The porno movie that Tara Reid's character made in the movie?

Man: "Meine dispatcher sent me here to install ze cable"

Tara Reid's character: "This is Shari, she's here to use the shower"

There's more to that scene, but it's been a while since I've seen it...

90Brougham350
11-04-06, 10:05 AM
I guess I should have typed something to clarify my sarcasm, lol. Nah, I remember the Logjammin' scene, it reminds me of so many great porno classics! Ever see Sex Commandos? Whoa!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-04-06, 10:12 AM
It's hard to be sarcastic online. Italics and the "eye roll" smiley are what I use though.

I loooove that cheesy music in the beginning of that scene!

Sex Commandos? I'll have to check that out, but I need to find "Debbie Does Dallas" first..

davesdeville
11-05-06, 04:38 AM
I was about to say all of the above... until the pabst guy posted. I'd rather hammer a nail through my toe than choke down that stuff.

Spyder
11-05-06, 04:53 PM
Daves...PBR is actually good stuff...I love it, drink it whenever I can find it. Cheap and easy and smooth. :)

90Brougham350
11-05-06, 06:03 PM
Good ol' PBR, it's done the job well on many a fishing trip!

xxpinballxx
11-05-06, 06:06 PM
anyone here try absinthe?
I ordered some and plan on seeing what happens for the heck of it.

Spyder
11-05-06, 06:22 PM
Good stuff. Really good. What kind did you get? Where's it coming from? Do ya have a link? A lot of what they call "absinthe" on online selling spots is just absinthe flavored hundred proof liquor...

xxpinballxx
11-05-06, 06:32 PM
I got the Lemercier its a max wormwood of 72% or something like that. Its coming from france or at least its produced there and I think its a company in sweden or one of those norwegian countries. It was 74 bucks! It better be damn good and make me see things or I am going to get pissed!
What ways did you try to drink it?
I have a bunch of recipes that are supposedly real good. I figure I can get probably 15 or so good drinks out of a bottle.

AlBundy
11-05-06, 06:41 PM
No Old Style drinkers on the forum. I used to refer to it as water in a can.

xxpinballxx
11-05-06, 06:51 PM
I love hillybilly and puerto Rican moonshine....
My uncle in VA still makes white lightenin' and I work with a bunch of Puerto Ricans and one of them brought me a bottle of Puerto Rican moonshine....ten times better than 151!

CIWS
11-05-06, 08:58 PM
anyone here try absinthe?
I ordered some and plan on seeing what happens for the heck of it.

What's Absinthe ? (cough)

http://www.ciws.info/absinthe2.jpg

1WX2AMBN3L4

90Brougham350
11-05-06, 10:09 PM
Good ol' Absinthe, we drank that in Italy! They usually only served the non-halucinagenic stuff in the pubs, but for 20 Euro a good bottle of "talking walls" could be purchsed.......

Spyder
11-06-06, 03:20 AM
erowid.com

Greatest website in the world.

davesdeville
11-06-06, 03:52 AM
Daves...PBR is actually good stuff...I love it, drink it whenever I can find it. Cheap and easy and smooth. :)

Different strokes for different folks I guess, I can't stand PBR. It's the only beer I won't drink even if it's free.

xxpinballxx
11-06-06, 08:51 AM
I drank an old PBR probably 2 years old sitting in a garage. I drank it for 20 bucks....I was hammered already or else I probably wouldn't have.

90Brougham350
11-06-06, 09:26 AM
PBR is decent enough. Michelob is the only beer I won't drink even if it's free, it tastes like warm vomit to me. It seems like it tastes warm even when it's cold.

dp102288
11-06-06, 09:37 AM
I drank some michelob on Fri night and still feel like shit. :vomit:

Why didn't I stick with my vodka?! :(

MJJ
09-07-07, 07:33 PM
Was going to start my own poll till I found this thread...

I voted for the hard stuff, but I really like a local beer called "Spotted Cow". Great beer on tap too!

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2439/newglarusspottedcowale2xk3.jpg (http:/)

gary88
09-07-07, 10:12 PM
Going to Poland this summer made me realize how crappy American beer really is. Drink Imported every chance you get :worship:

xshrpshtr
09-08-07, 12:06 AM
exactly!:banghead:

gdwriter
09-09-07, 12:53 AM
I can't believe I missed this poll the first time around. And I really think you should be able to vote for all three, since I do like my booze.

But in terms of quantity and frequency, I'd have to say wine. I prefer reds, and mostly I buy Australian Shiraz or Cabernet/Shiraz. I know virtually nothing about wine, but I sure like to drink it.

For hard liquor, I like vodka. My usual cocktail is vodka and seven, but I also enjoy a good vodka martini. However, Nancy has gotten me hooked on lemon drops. Damn, those are good!

I only drink beer occasionally, usually with Mexican food or pizza. Brew pubs are very big in Oregon, and I've tried a few at places Nancy and I have gone, but for my personal stash, I like Rolling Rock.

Jonas McFeely
09-10-07, 05:29 AM
Im a liquor guy. I usually only drink beer when playing Beer Pong or at a kegger. Watching Football warrants a good beer too.

My two favorite drinks are Hennessey and Coke and Tanqueray and Tonics, though most any gin is ok. I really want to try that new Rangpur Lime Tanqueray. I exclusively drank Captain for probably 2 years. My buddy Dave who was like 5 years older than me got me hooked on the stuff. We would kill a half gallon a night between anywhere from 4 to 8 people. About 4 times a week

I can barely touch the stuff now, though if its in front of me, i wont stop taking shots.